PDA

View Full Version : Across the pond, they're pissed

Silock
06-30-2007, 09:52 AM
First the unexploded cars, now a flaming car rammed into Glasgow Airport.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 10:16 AM
blowback

CHIEF4EVER
06-30-2007, 10:27 AM
blowback

Please explain what you mean by 'blowback'........KIDDO. :p Seriously, what do you mean by that?

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 10:32 AM
You missed so many of my posts....it would take too long to explain and I haven't the time today. You can check my archive. Basically, I subscribe to former CIA binLaden CounterTerrorism unit Sheuer, Giraldi and McGovern's pov; Pape's pov( a conservative), The Independent Institute's pov; Pat Buchanan's American Conservative pov; Justin Raimondo's pov, Cato Institute's, pov as well as Ron Paul's on terrorism being blowback. I don't support American FP post Cold War.

Quote:
"Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the Marines' safety that it should have. In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believed the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 Marines would be alive today."-- Ronald Reagan's Autobiography

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 10:36 AM
blowback
Blowback!! The handy-dandy catchphrase for those too lazy to say "it's all our fault savages are trying to kill citizens."

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 10:38 AM
AFAIC, Great Britain started it all.

That handy-dandy catchphrase was coined by our own CIA.

Silock
06-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Blowback!! The handy-dandy catchphrase for those too lazy to say "it's all our fault savages are trying to kill citizens."

Ugh. How many times do we have to go over this? It's not our FAULT. The fault lies with the stupid mongoloids who do this. But it's an effect of foreign policy decisions that have been made with respect to that area of the world.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Across the pond, I thought the word pissed meant "I'm drunk".

:shrug:

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Ugh. How many times do we have to go over this? It's not our FAULT. The fault lies with the stupid mongoloids who do this. But it's an effect of foreign policy decisions that have been made with respect to that area of the world.
I'm not trying to rehash it, it's already a puree.
I was just chuckling that we've finally got is distilled to a single word.

Neocons and blowback, we're one step away from a unified theory of EVERYTHING!!!

MOMENTOUS!!!

Why do men have nipples? Blowback.
Where does toe jam come from? Neocons.
Why is there no correct answer when your GF asks is her pants make her look fat? Neocon blowback.
Is light a wave or a particle? Neocon blowback blowback neocon.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? Blo. . . no, that's just stupid.

Adept Havelock
06-30-2007, 11:07 AM
:LOL:

;)

Silock
06-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Maybe, but the meaning you're trying to assign to it isn't accurate, at least not for the way CP posters mean it.

dirk digler
06-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I feel for the people in Britain and Scotland right now and I hope no one is dead besides the terrorists.

With that being said this is exactly what happens when you allow a massive amount of foreign nationals in your country because there is no way you can know who is in your country. Europe has allowed freely a ton of Muslim and Arab people in their country and now they are going to pay a heavy price for that.

stevieray
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
With that being said this is exactly what happens when you allow a massive amount of foreign nationals in your country because there is no way you can know who is in your country. Europe has allowed freely a ton of Muslim and Arab people in their country and now they are going to pay a heavy price for that.

sounds like the illegals here.

go bowe
06-30-2007, 12:42 PM
sounds like the illegals here.our illegals are looking for work, mostly, and aren't tryng to blow things up...

otoh, some of the muslim immigrants who are legally in britain are looking for ways to carry on with their jihad against the west...

Bowser
06-30-2007, 01:03 PM

Yep.

Cochise
06-30-2007, 01:20 PM

Neocons and blowback, we're one step away from a unified theory of EVERYTHING!!!

MOMENTOUS!!!

Why is there no correct answer when your GF asks is her pants make her look fat? Neocon blowback.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? Blo. . . no, that's just stupid.

This is much funnier than when we blamed everything on PNAC.

dirk digler
06-30-2007, 02:30 PM

exactly.

Logical
06-30-2007, 03:16 PM

MOMENTOUS!!!

Pretty damn funny. Nice

Logical
06-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I feel for the people in Britain and Scotland right now and I hope no one is dead besides the terrorists.

I am laughing my ass off, yes this happened when we allowed the millions of Irish immigrants, or the millions of Asian immigrants. This country was born and bred then made successful off the sweat of millions of immigrants.

ChiefaRoo
06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Don't forget Global Warming - Kyoto Blowback.

Logical
06-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Don't forget Global Warming - Kyoto Blowback.Sometimes you are just weird. But mildly amusing. Not sure what your post has to do with the subject.

ChiefaRoo
06-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Sometimes you are just weird. But mildly amusing. Not sure what your post has to do with the subject.

Try to keep up Log. Global warming is all Bush's fault. Get it my obtuse and simple compadre?

StcChief
06-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I'ts Blown up Blowback.

|Zach|
06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Someone take a picture of Chiefaroo before he runs from the thread.

Logical
06-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Try to keep up Log. Global warming is all Bush's fault. Get it my obtuse and simple compadre?What does Bush have to do with this thread, not every thread is about Bush.

ChiefaRoo
06-30-2007, 04:57 PM
It's all about Bush. He's responsible for everything bad that happens in the world. I hear he kills puppies for fun.

Jenson71
06-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I am laughing my ass off, yes this happened when we allowed the millions of Irish immigrants, or the millions of Asian immigrants. This country was born and bred then made successful off the sweat of millions of immigrants.

Jim, you're trying to fit two vastly different shapes into the same hole.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 05:03 PM
This is much funnier than when we blamed everything on PNAC.
No PNAC is for those who wanted to invade Iraq because as they were the group making a strong case for it in the 90's, when Bush got in office, and after 9/11. They're also the the same group AEI who came up with the surge idea.

The British Empire, and somewhat France is responsible for igniting the fighting in the ME years ago. If they're a democracy, then they're responsible for electing their leaders. Although, today it's different people and I don't think they support their govt on some of this today. So I do have sympathy for them.

Logical
06-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Jim, you're trying to fit two vastly different shapes into the same hole.

You keep telling yourself that, but I will never fall for it. People just want to hate the Muslims or Latinos now like they wanted to hate the Jew the Poles or the Mics in an earlier generation.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
You keep telling yourself that, but I will never fall for it. People just want to hate the Muslims or Latinos now like they wanted to hate the Jew the Poles or the Mics in an earlier generation.
I'm usually not one for the personal attack stuff, but when Pat Robertson goes off on one of his anti-hispanic rants, I wish someone would ask him who let his drunken, brawling, Pope-pledged grandparents into the country.

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 05:45 PM

Except they are Catholic

CHIEF4EVER
06-30-2007, 05:46 PM

Nice projection there Jim. Am I part of 'People' who want to hate on others racially because I want the law enforced? Am I a racist because I want my elected leaders to fulfill their constitutional responsibilities to control the borders? Am I a racist because I want my neighbors, who were born here, to get employment that is being stolen by those who are here illegally because the crooked assed employers are hiring illegals to pad their own pockets? Please explain to me why I should just shut up and take it. I hear dickheads make arguments like 'they do the work that Americans won't do' which is absolute bullshit. Only 15% of agriculture nationwide is done by illegals. The rest is done by.....AMERICANS. Fancy that. Americans growing their own food. Whodathunkit?

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Just some random thoughts....the "terrorists" seem to be getting more and more inept...proof of the bottom of the gene pool....Where the hell is the IRA and the Italian Mafia when you need them?

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Just some random thoughts....the "terrorists" seem to be getting more and more inept...proof of the bottom of the gene pool....Where the hell is the IRA and the Italian Mafia when you need them?
Do-on't stop. . . . . [black]

CHIEF4EVER
06-30-2007, 06:08 PM

No shit. LMAO

chagrin
06-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Nice projection there Jim. Am I part of 'People' who want to hate on others racially because I want the law enforced? Am I a racist because I want my elected leaders to fulfill their constitutional responsibilities to control the borders? Am I a racist because I want my neighbors, who were born here, to get employment that is being stolen by those who are here illegally because the crooked assed employers are hiring illegals to pad their own pockets? Please explain to me why I should just shut up and take it. I hear dickheads make arguments like 'they do the work that Americans won't do' which is absolute bullshit. Only 15% of agriculture nationwide is done by illegals. The rest is done by.....AMERICANS. Fancy that. Americans growing their own food. Whodathunkit?

Wow - well put dude, good to see some good old fashioned patriotism being demonstrated here :clap:

chagrin
06-30-2007, 06:15 PM
You missed so many of my posts....it would take too long to explain and I haven't the time today. You can check my archive.

In other words, she has subscribed to the meme and logical self absorbed belief that she doesn't have to explain her opinions at all anymore, just practice her narcissism by producing boring diatribe like she's teaching a class in selfosophy...
:rolleyes:

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:18 PM
In other words, she has subscribed to the meme and logical self absorbed belief that she doesn't have to explain her opinions at all anymore, just practice her narcissism by producing boring diatribe like she's teaching a class in selfosophy...
:rolleyes:

I will only speak for myself but I am always willing to defend my beliefs so I have no Idea what you are posting about.

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:21 PM

Dude send your neighbors out I will get them a job picking lettuce in a nanosecond if they want a job. Or I can get them jobs cleaning hotel bathrooms would they like that job there are plenty of openings.

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Do-on't stop. . . . . [black]

I must be really really dense today :spock:

CHIEF4EVER
06-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Dude send your neighbors out I will get them a job picking lettuce in a nanosecond if they want a job. Or I can get them jobs cleaning hotel bathrooms would they like that job there are plenty of openings.

You bet your ass they would take it. In a New York minute. I have neighbors who would LOVE to have a job cleaning toilets or picking lettuce or whatever to have the extra income to feed their families. But they can't get their foot in the door. WHY? Because employers in the construction or food service industry hire illegals for peanuts and don't have to pay the employer portion of Federal taxes. My neighbors would love to have those jobs but can't get them because our Gubment won't enforce the effing law. Because the employers are so effing greedy that they eff their own neighbors in the name of profit. How is that right and fair Jim?

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Except they are Catholic:LOL:

alnorth
06-30-2007, 06:30 PM

He's got his mind made up, and nothing's going to change it. That includes the facts and the cold reality that some crops in the north are being plowed under because no one wants to pick vegetables at the going rate.

Those who trot out that "Well, back in the day they came here legally" crap fail to understand that if someone in Mexico tried to go the legal route, theyd likely die of old age first.

If someone in Mexico with no opportunity right now, DIDNT come across the border illegally to work, I'd say that person has no balls.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I must be really really dense today :spock:
Our friend from Jersey? His show is over.

hint: HBO
hint II: lots of buzz over the past 2 weeks.

alnorth
06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
You bet your ass they would take it. In a New York minute. I have neighbors who would LOVE to have a job cleaning toilets or picking lettuce or whatever to have the extra income to feed their families. But they can't get their foot in the door. WHY? Because employers in the construction or food service industry hire illegals for peanuts and don't have to pay the employer portion of Federal taxes. My neighbors would love to have those jobs but can't get them because our Gubment won't enforce the effing law. Because the employers are so effing greedy that they eff their own neighbors in the name of profit. How is that right and fair Jim?

Those "peanuts" are usually a decent wage in the $10/hour ballpark, but Americans think they are above that kind of work and just wont do it.

They cant pay more, or the food would either be uncompetitive or unaffordable.

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:34 PM

I am serious send them to California they will get hired in a nanosecond, minimum wage mind you but it is $7.50 out here in Kalifornia.

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 06:36 PM

hint II: lots of buzz over the past 2 weeks.

oh um damn ...really? just ran its course or did I miss something else?

Bill Maher?

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:36 PM

hint II: lots of buzz over the past 2 weeks.I am pretty sure it was a Lewis Black reference.

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:37 PM

Bill Maher?No Lewis Black, Maher is just on hiatus for the summer.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 06:38 PM

Bill Maher?
I am pretty sure it was a Lewis Black reference.
Good one. I got got. You guys were effing with me.

Right? :spock:

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 06:38 PM
No Lewis Black, Maher is just on hiatus for the summer.

What happened with black?

CHIEF4EVER
06-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Those "peanuts" are usually a decent wage in the $10/hour ballpark, but Americans think they are above that kind of work and just wont do it.

They cant pay more, or the food would either be uncompetitive or unaffordable.

Bullshit. Who told you that lie? Tyson is a big conglomerate who hires a lot of illegals in my area. The locals would absolutely fall all over themselves to get the production jobs for $10 an hour. Same goes for drywall jobs. They can't get a sniff because the employers are so effing greedy that they would sell out Americans for a buck an hour. Please ask people if they will do the work instead of assuming they won't before passing judgement on whether they will or not.

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Good one. I got got. You guys were effing with me.

Right? :spock:

I'm sorry I just don't have a whole hell of a lot of time to follow the news closely ....so I am at a complete loss....:shrug:

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:41 PM
What happened with black?His show is not a series, it is simply recording of a concert date. They do a new one every so often, same as they do with other comedians.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
What happened with black?
OK, I get it. I don't have FAX's gift for referencing well-known pop culture references by abstraction.

It was the end of the Sopranos, Journey playing, "don't stop' straight to black screen. That's 'what happened to the Italian Mafia.' Ha, Ha, very funny marthafocker!!!!

BL - chastened.

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:43 PM
OK, I get it. I don't have FAX's gift for referencing well-known pop culture references by abstraction.

It was the end of the Sopranos, Journey playing, "don't stop' straight to black screen. That's 'what happened to the Italian Mafia.' Ha, Ha, very funny marthafocker!!!!

BL - chastened.

Perhaps you are a little to into pop culture for the rest of us neandrathals.:p

alnorth
06-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Bullshit. Who told you that lie? Tyson is a big conglomerate who hires a lot of illegals in my area. The locals would absolutely fall all over themselves to get the production jobs for $10 an hour. Same goes for drywall jobs. They can't get a sniff because the employers are so effing greedy that they would sell out Americans for a buck an hour. Please ask people if they will do the work instead of assuming they won't before passing judgement on whether they will or not.

I was thinking more along the lines of hard, hot stoop labor in the fields. You may not command the same wage with easier work.

and yes, I do pass judgement and condemn a lot of Americans because its the simple truth. We wont do work thats demeaning or below us without being paid a rediculous amount of money.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Perhaps you are a little to into pop culture for the rest of us neandrathals.:p
Yeah, HBO outdrew all the network channels for the finale, and I'm too into pop culture.
Everyone's talking about it, still.
Billary made a campaign commercial parodying it.

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of hard, hot stoop labor in the fields. You may not command the same wage with easier work.

and yes, I do pass judgement and condemn a lot of Americans because its the simple truth. We wont do work thats demeaning or below us without being paid a rediculous amount of money.

Not only that but Americans are unlikely to live out in the Canyons and Arroyos in tents because $7.50/hour won't pay for CA housing.

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah, HBO outdrew all the network channels for the finale, and I'm too into pop culture.
Everyone's talking about it, still.
Billary made a campaign commercial parodying it.

BL how many shows fade to black, wouldn't you think it is about a 1/4 of all shows. I realize Sopranos was a really big deal but frankly I completely missed the mark with your /black reference precisely because you are so well known for being into Television, Movies and comedy. Don't be insulted.

DenverChief
06-30-2007, 06:51 PM

BL - chastened.

LMAO I get it now :redface:

alnorth
06-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Not only that but Americans are unlikely to live out in the Canyons and Arroyos in tents because $7.50/hour won't pay for CA housing.

Doesnt get much better in cooler weather with more affordable housing.

Asparagus growers in Washington and Michigan cant find enough pickers, some crops are left to rot and be plowed under.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003762448_farmlabor26.html

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070608/NEWS05/706080327/1001/NEWS07

CHIEF4EVER
06-30-2007, 06:53 PM

People who aren't willing to do that kind of work get no sympathy from me. But folks around here are laid off because they get effed by employers who hire illegals for cheap, cash labor "under the table" to save a buck an hour. People who need the second income (locals) to feed their families and are willing to do it. But they can't. Because the 'Big boys' laid them off to make more money for themselves. It pisses me off to no end and makes me bitter with the Gubment who are supposed to be enforcing the law. Since when is the interests of Americans subordinate to the interests of illegal aliens?

Logical
06-30-2007, 06:57 PM
People who aren't willing to do that kind of work get no sympathy from me. But folks around here are laid off because they get effed by employers who hire illegals for cheap, cash labor "under the table" to save a buck an hour. People who need the second income (locals) to feed their families and are willing to do it. But they can't. Because the 'Big boys' laid them off to make more money for themselves. It pisses me off to no end and makes me bitter with the Gubment who are supposed to be enforcing the law. Since when is the interests of Americans subordinate to the interests of illegal aliens?

Then you are mad for a real reason but directing your anger IMO the wrong direction. Be angry at the employers and government but not the illegals who are taking jobs that truly Americans won't take. One problem the one you are angry about needs to be fixed by enforcement of the laws that already exist, building fence does nothing to fix that nor does hoping we will be able to deport all the illegals which just won't happen.

alnorth
06-30-2007, 07:00 PM
We need to establish, once and for all, that building a fence will not work to stop illegals, and it is not possible in the slightest to deport them all.

Now, with that established, what does the US do about it, without F'ing our own economy?

dirk digler
06-30-2007, 07:02 PM

Different times Jim. You can't allow the massive amount of Muslim's in your country like Europe has and not expect terrorist attacks.

BTW CNN is doing a story on this tonight maybe you should watch.

One other point I am not saying Hispanics are going to be terrorists but there is more than just Hispanics walking through our porous borders.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Different times Jim. You can't allow the massive amount of Muslim's in your country like Europe has and not expect terrorist attacks.
Yup! Blowback!

One other point I am not saying Hispanics are going to be terrorists but there is more than just Hispanics walking through our porous borders.
Yup! The NeoCons did this too.

alnorth
06-30-2007, 07:05 PM

And there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it to make them not porous, without stationing an East German gun tower every few yards to kill anyone who crosses.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 07:06 PM
BL how many shows fade to black, wouldn't you think it is about a 1/4 of all shows. I realize Sopranos was a really big deal but frankly I completely missed the mark with your /black reference precisely because you are so well known for being into Television, Movies and comedy. Don't be insulted.
Oh, it's all lighthearted. I was thinking about bustin' on you for having Maher and Lewis black in you mental rolodex, but being oblivious to the Sopranos with a little vignette of;

Logical - let me step away from my That's So Raven blog for a moment, . . now who's this Paris Hilton you speak of? . . .

And on the /black thing. If you don't know anything about the ending, it wasn't just a fade to black, it was the screen going silent/black at the height of tension at the end of a highly and long anticipated finale with 'nothing' happening. It's a /black that, love it or hate it, those who watched it will remember 50 years from now.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Yup! Blowback!

Please tell me one of the mods hates you and has hijacked your account.

Either way, very entertaining.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 07:10 PM
And there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it to make them not porous, without stationing an East German gun tower every few yards to kill anyone who crosses.
Since we're supposed to be at war, then why not?
We can fund billions for an invasion that brought us no gain...but we can't Nazify our own border?

dirk digler
06-30-2007, 07:10 PM

Myself and like many others want the military on the border. If we put 20,000 - 40,000 troops we will stop cold all immigration and 2 we will stop 95% of illegals drugs that come into this country. The majority of illegal drugs are transported through the border. It is a win-win IMO.

Logical
06-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh, it's all lighthearted. I was thinking about bustin' on you for having Maher and Lewis black in you mental rolodex, but being oblivious to the Sopranos with a little vignette of;

Logical - let me step away from my That's So Raven blog for a moment, . . now who's this Paris Hilton you speak of? . . .

And on the /black thing. If you don't know anything about the ending, it wasn't just a fade to black, it was the screen going silent/black at the height of tension at the end of a highly and long anticipated finale with 'nothing' happening. It's a /black that, love it or hate it, those who watched it will remember 50 years from now.

LOL that is fair.

I watched it and frankly I really thought it was an ending designed to maximize the possibility for a movie, so I did not get all the outrage. Guess I was just not into the Sopranos deep enough.

CHIEF4EVER
06-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Then you are mad for a real reason but directing your anger IMO the wrong direction. Be angry at the employers and government but not the illegals who are taking jobs that truly Americans won't take. One problem the one you are angry about needs to be fixed by enforcement of the laws that already exist, building fence does nothing to fix that nor does hoping we will be able to deport all the illegals which just won't happen.

Jim, I am not angry with illegals. If I was in their situation I would try to better it as well. But that doesn't change the absolute clusterf*ck at our border. Congress and the President are equally complicit in the failure to secure our border (which is one of their Constitutional responsibilities) and I blame them first and foremost. But taking the position that illegals should be allowed to usurp the interests of legal citizens is absolute horseshit. This is OUR country. WE COME FIRST. WE decide who comes in and who doesn't. Throwing up your hands and saying that the problem is beyond our control doesn't fix it. Action does. And action is exactly what is lacking in our Congress. WE are to blame. WE didn't demand that our elected leaders fulfill the obligation to enforce existing laws and WE didn't hold them accountable for not doing so. WE are the sovereigns. And until WE regain that mindset, nothing will change.

Logical
06-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Yup! Blowback!

You are becoming a parody of yourself.

dirk digler
06-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Jim, I am not angry with illegals. If I was in their situation I would try to better it as well. But that doesn't change the absolute clusterf*ck at our border. Congress and the President are equally complicit in the failure to secure our border (which is one of their Constitutional responsibilities) and I blame them first and foremost. But taking the position that illegals should be allowed to usurp the interests of legal citizens is absolute horseshit. This is OUR country. WE COME FIRST. WE decide who comes in and who doesn't. Throwing up your hands and saying that the problem is beyond our control doesn't fix it. Action does. And action is exactly what is lacking in our Congress. WE are to blame. WE didn't demand that our elected leaders fulfill the obligation to enforce existing laws and WE didn't hold them accountable for not doing so. WE are the sovereigns. And until WE regain that mindset, nothing will change.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

alnorth
06-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Since we're supposed to be at war, then why not?
We can fund billions for an invasion that brought us no gain...but we can't Nazify our own border?

Thats the sort of crap that sounds good at the bar with drinking buddies, but we dont need to be that damn safe.

I'd rather have a terrorist attack than see the USA gunning down thousands of migrant workers every year all in the name of "security".

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 07:22 PM
LOL that is fair.

I watched it and frankly I really thought it was an ending designed to maximize the possibility for a movie, so I did not get all the outrage. Guess I was just not into the Sopranos deep enough.
Nah, 99.9% certain there won't be a movie.
If there is that .1% movie, it won't pick up where the series left off.
If somehow that movie came to be, can't think of anyone presently associated with it who'd be involved.

The outrage. A good contingent thought their signal lost power. Some thought Chase [the creator/writer] was too lazy to come up with an ending. Some think he was flipping a bird to the fans/media/world.

A good number of those outraged have raised their estimation considerably as they've had time to reflect on it.

My take requires a bit of conversance in the show overall, but if I can encapsulate, while many have tried to see the show in terms of plotlines and arcs, the show is about us just observing Tony's life, we dropped into his life randomly at the beginning, and he [Chase] took us out just as randomly [though considerably more frustratingly] at the end.

dirk digler
06-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Here you go Logical

According to the United Nations, Europe's Muslim population has doubled in the last decade, and an estimated half a million new immigrants -- most of the from Muslim nations -- arrive every year.

Some Muslims in Europe resist the call to assimilate into the culture of their new home. Many Muslims live in separate, parallel societies where poverty and rampant unemployment are further distancing Muslim youths from the mainstream life of their adopted homeland.

or

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050701faessay84409/robert-s-leiken/europe-s-angry-muslims.html

AN AMERICAN CONCERN

Fox News and CNN's Lou Dobbs worry about terrorists stealing across the United States' border with Mexico concealed among illegal immigrants. The Pentagon wages war in the Middle East to stop terrorist attacks on the United States. But the growing nightmare of officials at the Department of Homeland Security is passport-carrying, visa-exempt mujahideen coming from the United States' western European allies.

Jihadist networks span Europe from Poland to Portugal, thanks to the spread of radical Islam among the descendants of guest workers once recruited to shore up Europe's postwar economic miracle. In smoky coffeehouses in Rotterdam and Copenhagen, makeshift prayer halls in Hamburg and Brussels, Islamic bookstalls in Birmingham and "Londonistan," and the prisons of Madrid, Milan, and Marseilles, immigrants or their descendants are volunteering for jihad against the West. It was a Dutch Muslim of Moroccan descent, born and socialized in Europe, who murdered the filmmaker Theo van Gogh in Amsterdam last November. A Nixon Center study of 373 mujahideen in western Europe and North America between 1993 and 2004 found more than twice as many Frenchmen as Saudis and more Britons than Sudanese, Yemenites, Emiratis, Lebanese, or Libyans. Fully a quarter of the jihadists it listed were western European nationals -- eligible to travel visa-free to the United States.

The emergence of homegrown mujahideen in Europe threatens the United States as well as Europe. Yet it was the dog that never barked at last winter's Euro-American rapprochement meeting. Neither President George W. Bush nor Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice drew attention to this mutual peril, even though it should focus minds and could buttress solidarity in the West.

YOUR LAND IS MY LAND

The mass immigration of Muslims to Europe was an unintended consequence of post-World War II guest-worker programs. <b>Backed by friendly politicians and sympathetic judges, foreign workers, who were supposed to stay temporarily, benefited from family reunification programs and became permanent. Successive waves of immigrants formed a sea of descendants.</b> Today, Muslims constitute the majority of immigrants in most western European countries, including Belgium, France, Germany, and the Netherlands, and the largest single component of the immigrant population in the United Kingdom. Exact numbers are hard to come by because Western censuses rarely ask respondents about their faith. But it is estimated that between 15 and 20 million Muslims now call Europe home and make up four to five percent of its total population. (Muslims in the United States probably do not exceed 3 million, accounting for less than two percent of the total population.) France has the largest proportion of Muslims (seven to ten percent of its total population), followed by the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and Italy. Given continued immigration and high Muslim fertility rates, the National Intelligence Council projects that Europe's Muslim population will double by 2025.

Unlike their U.S. counterparts, who entered a gigantic country built on immigration, most Muslim newcomers to western Europe started arriving only after World War II, crowding into small, culturally homogenous nations. Their influx was a new phenomenon for many host states and often unwelcome. Meanwhile, North African immigrants retained powerful attachments to their native cultures. So unlike American Muslims, who are geographically diffuse, ethnically fragmented, and generally well off, Europe's Muslims gather in bleak enclaves with their compatriots: Algerians in France, Moroccans in Spain, Turks in Germany, and Pakistanis in the United Kingdom.

The footprint of Muslim immigrants in Europe is already more visible than that of the Hispanic population in the United States. Unlike the jumble of nationalities that make up the American Latino community, the Muslims of western Europe are likely to be distinct, cohesive, and bitter. In Europe, host countries that never learned to integrate newcomers collide with immigrants exceptionally retentive of their ways, producing a variant of what the French scholar Olivier Roy calls "globalized Islam": militant Islamic resentment at Western dominance, anti-imperialism exalted by revivalism.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Thats the sort of crap that sounds good at the bar with drinking buddies, but we dont need to be that damn safe.

I'd rather have a terrorist attack than see the USA gunning down thousands of migrant workers every year all in the name of "security".
Well then, I guess landmines are outta' the question. :hmmm:

Logical
06-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Nah, 99.9% certain there won't be a movie.
If there is that .1% movie, it won't pick up where the series left off.
If somehow that movie came to be, can't think of anyone presently associated with it who'd be involved.

The outrage. A good contingent thought their signal lost power. Some thought Chase [the creator/writer] was too lazy to come up with an ending. Some think he was flipping a bird to the fans/media/world.

A good number of those outraged have raised their estimation considerably as they've had time to reflect on it.

My take requires a bit of conversance in the show overall, but if I can encapsulate, while many have tried to see the show in terms of plotlines and arcs, the show is about us just observing Tony's life, we dropped into his life randomly at the beginning, and he [Chase] took us out just as randomly [though considerably more frustratingly] at the end.

I think your take on how it began ended make sense to me.

alnorth
06-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Europe has a really horrible dilemma... I'm not smart enough to know whats the best solution over there. I'm glad we've got an ocean between us and would-be muslim immigrants. I'd rather have illegals who hang out in front of the hardware stores selling cheap labor, than immigrants who want to die for Allah.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2007, 09:35 PM
You are becoming a parody of yourself.
Someone needs to rent a sense of humor. ;)

StcChief
06-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Move the alligator problem in FLA to Rio grande.

Logical
06-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Someone needs to rent a sense of humor. ;)Sometimes self deprecating humor does not come across on the BB.

DenverChief
07-01-2007, 12:02 AM
ROFL

beavis
07-01-2007, 05:49 AM
I don't remember the Mexicans back home trying to blow us up... have things changed that much since I've been gone?

patteeu
07-01-2007, 08:22 AM

I'm not a real hawk on the immigration issue, but I do think that if the hispanics who come to this country (either legally or illegally) are not successfully assimilated, the chances that there will someday be hispanic terrorism go way up. Especially if their illegal presence continues to stimulate a backlash against them that they will perceive as anti-hispanic bigotry.

StcChief
07-01-2007, 08:30 AM
I don't remember the Mexicans back home trying to blow us up... have things changed that much since I've been gone?

Are you profiling.... :p

stevieray
07-01-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm not a real hawk on the immigration issue, but I do think that if the hispanics who come to this country (either legally or illegally) are not successfully assimilated, the chances that there will someday be hispanic terrorism go way up. Especially if their illegal presence continues to stimulate a backlash against them that they will perceive as anti-hispanic bigotry.

exactly...it's a ticking time bomb.

BucEyedPea
07-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Great idea! ROFL

dirk digler
07-01-2007, 10:02 AM

I totally agree and that is exactly what is happening in Europe. Plus the fact they let in a half-million of those whackos every year.

Could you imagine if we went to war with Mexico the danger all of us would be in? 90% of the illegals have no allegiance to the US and they could become terrorists very easily.

stevieray
07-01-2007, 10:16 AM
I totally agree and that is exactly what is happening in Europe. Plus the fact they let in a half-million of those whackos every year.

Could you imagine if we went to war with Mexico the danger all of us would be in? 90% of the illegals have no allegiance to the US and they could become terrorists very easily.

I had/have a neighbor who recently claimed that they(Mexicans) were going to take back California...

StcChief
07-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I had/have a neighbor who recently claimed that they(Mexicans) were going to take back California...

I'm tempted to let them have it.

alnorth
07-01-2007, 10:50 AM
BEWARE! The bombs are hidden in the burritos!

Logical
07-01-2007, 02:28 PM
BEWARE! The bombs are hidden in the burritos!Probably the most reasonable post today.

Valiant
07-01-2007, 02:47 PM

Ehh most do not have allegiance to Mexico either, they have allegiance to who ever makes them more prosperous... 90% of them are good hard-working people(they just need to pick English quicker) that will assimilate in time..

Now the ****ing gangs that are coming over here, quit arresting them and sticking them in our prisons and just dump them over the Gulf while shackled for all I care.. I guess we can stick them back in Mexican prisons but for some reason that does not seem to work...

Chief Henry
07-02-2007, 10:54 AM
The war on terror is only a bumper sticker slogan...

I wonder if we'll here John Edwards use that line again in the near future ?

alanm
07-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't know about the Mexicans. But I haven't seen any reports of Anglicans or Methodists trying to blow up Airports lately. :hmmm:

Cochise
07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
If something like this happened here, I'm sure people would be saying that Fox News fabricated the story or the Bush administration was behind the whole plot, or that a greater crime than hundreds of men, women and children being torn to shreds by shrapnel would be to offend a few Muslims by profiling them.

Chiefnj
07-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know about the Mexicans. But I haven't seen any reports of Anglicans or Methodists trying to blow up Airports lately. :hmmm:

They stick to blowing up FBI buildings.

Brock
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
They stick to blowing up FBI buildings.

In the name of religion?

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm tempted to let them have it.

I hope you're joking. I hope you know that the California economy is the 5th largest in the entire world - larger than the country of France. You spout your hatred of California as if it's France, yet your never reveal the source of your ire.

You're either a sh*t stirrer or grossly misinformed. I'm hoping it the latter.

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2007, 02:44 PM

I got one word for them: Relocate. I don't know where you live (New Orleans, maybe?) but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that people can't get paid $10 an hour. Hell, there are scores of Mexican folk waiting outside of Home Depot in Hollywood for work everyday and they won't accept anything under $12 an hour.

And if there's no many illegalities in your area, why isn't anyone reporting them to the state and Federal authorities? That makes no sense.

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2007, 02:49 PM

Well, the Mexican population is growing exponentially in California so if he's talking about overtaking the state by sheer numbers alone, he's probably right.

But I have a very hard time believing that there would be any "Terrorist" Mexicans, regardless of income. Mexican people on the whole are deeply religious people, as are most Latin & South Americans. Their faith in the Church & Catholicism in general make it hard for me to believe that they would wage a terrorist war in America.

Plus, they're not coming to America, legally or illegally, to invade, destroy and take over. They're coming here to survive.

stevieray
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
They're coming here to survive.

and why are we responsible for that? I've often wondered why such a dillgent people haven't attempted a long overdue revolution and overthrown that horrbly corrupt government.

dirk digler
07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, the Mexican population is growing exponentially in California so if he's talking about overtaking the state by sheer numbers alone, he's probably right.

But I have a very hard time believing that there would be any "Terrorist" Mexicans, regardless of income. Mexican people on the whole are deeply religious people, as are most Latin & South Americans. Their faith in the Church & Catholicism in general make it hard for me to believe that they would wage a terrorist war in America.

Plus, they're not coming to America, legally or illegally, to invade, destroy and take over. They're coming here to survive.

Who gives a **** why they come here they just need to turn their ass around and swim back across the border.

If it was up to me there would be 40,000 US troops on the border practicing their marksmanship.

dirk digler
07-02-2007, 03:09 PM
and why are we responsible for that? I've often wondered why such a dillgent people haven't attempted a long overdue revolution and overthrown that horrbly corrupt government.

Because they would rather sponge off the American people then actually doing anything to improve their home country

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Oh, I'm not implying that the American people are responsible for illegal Mexican immigrants. I'm saying that I find it unimaginable to believe that Mexican or any Latin Americans will suddenly go "Terrorist" on the United States.

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Because they would rather sponge off the American people then actually doing anything to improve their home country

This is a can of worms you're opening, Dirk. If I agree with this statement (actually, I wholeheartedly disagree), the I look like a sympathizer, which I most certainly am not. And I can guaranty that I'm more aware of the tax burden living in California than you are in the Midwest. And my tax burden is quite considerable as it currently stands.

But I will add that the Mexican government is extremely corrupt and a full scale revolution would be almost impossible, given the vastness of that country.

There is no simple solution.

dirk digler
07-02-2007, 03:46 PM
This is a can of worms you're opening, Dirk. If I agree with this statement (actually, I wholeheartedly disagree), the I look like a sympathizer, which I most certainly am not. And I can guaranty that I'm more aware of the tax burden living in California than you are in the Midwest. And my tax burden is quite considerable as it currently stands.

But I will add that the Mexican government is extremely corrupt and a full scale revolution would be almost impossible, given the vastness of that country.

There is no simple solution.

As you are aware illegal immigrants sap billions of dollars from US taxpayers like yourself and I which is complete and utter BS. How much more are you willing to take?

Hasn't CA passed laws giving illegals free health care and not have to pay out-of-state tuition like the rest of us normal taxpaying Americans.

Let me just add that I don't solely blame the illegals for this problem. The big corporations and the ****ed up US government are just as much to blame in this as they are.

I don't have a problem with legal immigrants but I do have a HUGE problem with illegals stealing money from US taxpayers so that they can send their paychecks back to Mexico.

I would propose to pass a law for a tamper-proof national id and after that for every illegal caught in your business you have to pay a $100,000 fine. That would stop the mass trafficking of illegals cold.

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2007, 04:00 PM
As you are aware illegal immigrants sap billions of dollars from US taxpayers like yourself and I which is complete and utter BS. How much more are you willing to take?

Hasn't CA passed laws giving illegals free health care and not have to pay out-of-state tuition like the rest of us normal taxpaying Americans.

I don't have a problem with legal immigrants but I do have a HUGE problem with illegals stealing money from US taxpayers so that they can send their paychecks back to Mexico.

I'm with you completely. But there are lot of reasons why CA hasn't passed laws restricting illegals and sending them back, one of which is that the California is filled with Mexican-American judges, senators and mayors (even our own in Los Angeles) that are extremely sympathetic to the plight of the illegals.

It's very unfortunate for us taxpayers but is even more aggravating for people such as my wife who has many family members (including her parents) that have had to wait as long as 17 years to legally immigrate to the United States. Those who have come here legally and have done their very best to become very productive members of American society (including shedding the use of their native language in favor of English) are more than likely even more upset than those of us who didn't have to endure that process.

It's even trickier given that state of CA politics, where the Mexican-American population is almost equal to or greater than non-Latinos that it's almost impossible for a candidate to get elected with their support. And that makes it even more difficult to take the appropriate action (deportation, a fence, etc.).

As I stated earlier, it's a tricky situation and one that grows more difficult with each passing day.

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I would propose to pass a law for a tamper-proof national id and after that for every illegal caught in your business you have to pay a $100,000 fine. That would stop the mass trafficking of illegals cold.

I thought there was a National I.D. program in the works? That would definitely be a nice addition to that program.

dirk digler
07-02-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm with you completely. But there are lot of reasons why CA hasn't passed laws restricting illegals and sending them back, one of which is that the California is filled with Mexican-American judges, senators and mayors (even our own in Los Angeles) that are extremely sympathetic to the plight of the illegals.

It's very unfortunate for us taxpayers but is even more aggravating for people such as my wife who has many family members (including her parents) that have had to wait as long as 17 years to legally immigrate to the United States. Those who have come here legally and have done their very best to become very productive members of American society (including shedding the use of their native language in favor of English) are more than likely even more upset than those of us who didn't have to endure that process.

It's even trickier given that state of CA politics, where the Mexican-American population is almost equal to or greater than non-Latinos that it's almost impossible for a candidate to get elected with their support. And that makes it even more difficult to take the appropriate action (deportation, a fence, etc.).

As I stated earlier, it's a tricky situation and one that grows more difficult with each passing day.

I can't for the life of me know why it would take 17 years to become a citizen. That is crazy and they should be rewarded. The wait time should be less than 5 years IMO as long as they learn English.

The politicians are scared not just in CA but everywhere but they need to do the right thing and secure the border and fine businesses heavily when caught.

As for your other question I know that a tamper proof card has been talked about but I don't know if they will ever do a national id card.

Logical
07-02-2007, 04:42 PM

Incredibly well expressed Dane, many people wonder why a conservative such as myself as such a progressive view on the illegal immigrants and it is precisely because the issue is so complex and difficult to solve.

Hydrae
07-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Let me just add that I don't solely blame the illegals for this problem. The big corporations and the ****ed up US government are just as much to blame in this as they are.

See, this is where I don't understand the argument against the illegals. Most people are upset because they take our tax money in services. My personal feeling is that those services are not Constitutional in the first place and should not exist to be exploited.

And before you start with them working without paying taxes please see me about changing away from a Constitutionally questionable tax form any the first place. IMO the problem is not with the illegals, it is with the system being wrong and eliglble for corruptiona and is full of loopholes.

Again, the problem is not with the people wanting to come here. It is with many other areas of our social services that should not exist in the first place!

Hydrae
07-02-2007, 04:55 PM
See, this is where I don't understand the argument against the illegals. Most people are upset because they take our tax money in services. My personal feeling is that those services are not Constitutional in the first place and should not exist to be exploited.

And before you start with them working without paying taxes please see me about changing away from a Constitutionally questionable tax form any the first place. IMO the problem is not with the illegals, it is with the system being wrong and eliglble for corruptiona and is full of loopholes.

Again, the problem is not with the people wanting to come here. It is with many other areas of our social services that should not exist in the first place!

Fix the problem, not the symptom.

CHIEF4EVER
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I got one word for them: Relocate. I don't know where you live (New Orleans, maybe?) but I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that people can't get paid $10 an hour. Hell, there are scores of Mexican folk waiting outside of Home Depot in Hollywood for work everyday and they won't accept anything under $12 an hour.

And if there's no many illegalities in your area, why isn't anyone reporting them to the state and Federal authorities? That makes no sense.

Wow. Where to begin. First of all, if people want those jobs at $10/hour to help feed their families, relocation (and the expense thereof) is ridiculous to put it mildly. They can't afford to move sir. Insofar as the notion that illegals are not being reported.....that is even more absurd. They are reported all the time. Nothing is ever done. Guess why? Because "Old Man Tyson", the same crook who put Slick Willie in as the Governer of Arkansas and helped him financially to win the Presidency is a monetarily very powerful man.

DaneMcCloud
07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow. Where to begin. First of all, if people want those jobs at $10/hour to help feed their families, relocation (and the expense thereof) is ridiculous to put it mildly. They can't afford to move sir. Insofar as the notion that illegals are not being reported.....that is even more absurd. They are reported all the time. Nothing is ever done. Guess why? Because "Old Man Tyson", the same crook who put Slick Willie in as the Governer of Arkansas and helped him financially to win the Presidency is a monetarily very powerful man.

Well, it sounds to me, if this is true, you're all screwed. Just another reason to pack up and relocate.

CHIEF4EVER
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Well, it sounds to me, if this is true, you're all screwed. Just another reason to pack up and relocate.

Yea, relocation will solve the problem eh? I just said that they can't afford it and besides, why should they? Why should Americans move to accomodate Illegals? Why? Is that the easy way out for you? How does that solve the problem?

DaneMcCloud
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Yea, relocation will solve the problem eh? I just said that they can't afford it and besides, why should they? Why should Americans move to accomodate Illegals? Why? Is that the easy way out for you? How does that solve the problem?

Mr. Chief,

I do not fully understand this situation so I shouldn't comment any further. But let me say this: If I couldn't get work commeasurate to my skills and worth, I'd move. I don't care if it's $10 an hour, $30 an hour or $300 an hour. I left Kansas City in 1993 because no where in that city (or the Midwest) could I have the same opportunity to make money and have a successful career in my industry (entertainment). My brother just did the same 7 months ago and he's tripled his salary from Sprint and is now a Project Manager at Yahoo. Did either of us want to leave friends and family? NO. But sometimes, those things outweigh the desire to succeed. If one can't get work, regardless of the reason, why stay in the same place?

Quite honestly, what you're describing is a gross violation of the law. Illegal immigrants taking jobs from legal residents and corporations conspiring to keep jobs from residents. This sounds like a work of fiction. If it's not, someone should be doing a full expose because it would most certainly garner nationwide attention and hefty fines to that corporation, along with exposing current illegal immigration problems.

Good luck to you and your neighbors.

Cochise
07-06-2007, 04:05 PM
By the way... does terrorism by these doctors dispel the myth that terrorists do it because they are poor...?

go bowe
08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
By the way... does terrorism by these doctors dispel the myth that terrorists do it because they are poor...?of course not...

everybody knows foreign doctors are well, foreign...

and just because the number 2 guy is a doctor from egypt doesn't mean that we should hate doctors in general...

well, on the other hand, maby we should just execute all the doctors who look middle eastern and/or are muslim...

arrrrrrrrrrrgh... /howard dean's scream