PDA

View Full Version : Well, the wife's out of town, so I'm going to go get some

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:28 PM
type of carryout to eat. I've had steak on the brain all day, and Texas Roadhouse has surprisingly good steaks for a chain restaurant. I think I may go that route.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Simplex3
06-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Roll over to J Gilbert's and treat yourself right. It'll be way cheaper without the old ball and chain.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Take the money you're gonna spend there and buy two better cuts of meat to do on your grill. You knew I was gonna say it.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Take the money you're gonna spend there and buy two better cuts of meat to do on your grill. You knew I was gonna say it.

Heh. I had a feeling. Unfortunately, my grill has gone tits up (and please no lecture on gas grills. It's a mortal sin to some around here to cook with gas).

Deberg_1990
06-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I think you should just go get ya sum.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Roll over to J Gilbert's and treat yourself right. It'll be way cheaper without the old ball and chain.

Never heard of it. Where, when, what, why, and how. Well, I have the how covered.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
And American Psycho is on Cinemax right now. Not the main one, but a couple of channels up.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Heh. I had a feeling. Unfortunately, my grill has gone tits up (and please no lecture on gas grills. It's a mortal sin to some around here to cook with gas).

Cooking steaks on gas? Nothing wrong with that....

Get yourself a tiny weber to use for emergencies.

I dunno man. We haven't gone out for steak in this town for years. When we go out, it's either Sushi or Houlihans.

HemiEd
06-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Microwave is faster. :D

Simplex3
06-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Never heard of it. Where, when, what, why, and how. Well, I have the how covered.
On Metcalf, a bit North of 435. The Louisiana pan-seared fillet is BADASS.

http://www.jgilberts.com/Menus.aspx?LocationID=825

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:40 PM

Damn, Simplex. That looks good.

If it wasn't clear across town, I might just do it. Sounds like it could be a destination in the near future.

QuikSsurfer
06-30-2007, 06:41 PM
And American Psycho is on Cinemax right now. Not the main one, but a couple of channels up.
the killer collectors edition has the extended sex scene

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Microwave is faster. :D

Never figured you for a patient man, Ed. :D

Simplex3
06-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Damn, Simplex. That looks good.

If it wasn't clear across town, I might just do it. Sounds like it could be a destination in the near future.
I've eaten there at least a dozen times with many different people and the only person I've ever heard complain would seemingly have rather eaten his own turds.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Cooking steaks on gas? Nothing wrong with that....

Get yourself a tiny weber to use for emergencies.

I dunno man. We haven't gone out for steak in this town for years. When we go out, it's either Sushi or Houlihans.

You like the sushi? I'm not a big fan, but she is, of course.

It's been a long time since I've had Houlihans. They opened one up north by Zona Rosa. I keep forgetting it's there.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I've eaten there at least a dozen times with many different people and the only person I've ever heard complain would seemingly have rather eaten his own turds.

LMAO

He sounds familiar. I might know him.....

QuikSsurfer
06-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Old Town Pizza off Metcalf :)

Easy 6
06-30-2007, 06:54 PM

You could still go this route by broiling them.

The next best thing to grilling.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Some merit to that, but dayum, with the Roadhouse, you get an awesome salad and loaded baked potato, that, while doable, is a PITA for one. Oh, and you can't buy blue cheese dressing like they serve in restaurants in a bottle [though I do have the recipe].

It may be faiggy, but I've gotten to where, while I love steak over all other 'eating out' options, the salad is a crucial aspect of my estimation of a restuarant, Chilis, Applebees [serious strides in the past year on that front], Outback, and Roadhouse rule the roost on that criterion.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 06:56 PM
You could still go this route by broiling them.

The next best thing to grilling.
If you have the equipment, the way to cook it inside is.
Pan sear, followed by just a few moments of convection cook.

Coach
06-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Hope you have fun porkin your pork.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 06:58 PM

It's been a long time since I've had Houlihans. They opened one up north by Zona Rosa. I keep forgetting it's there.

Yeah, I like Sushi. I don't think it's a value meal, but it's a nice treat every once in a while. You've inspired me to take the family out to Jose Peppers. I love that place.... absolutely love it.

QuikSsurfer
06-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I like Sushi. I don't think it's a value meal, but it's a nice treat every once in a while. You've inspired me to take the family out to Jose Peppers. I love that place.... absolutely love it.
met my sister there for lunch the other day. very good

CHENZ A!
06-30-2007, 07:02 PM

If you're going there for dinner, then you should go to Austins Cantina right across the parking lot, for drinks. We have $.95 domestic bottles of beer tonight, and every Saturday the rest of the summer.

Logical
06-30-2007, 07:05 PM
type of carryout to eat. I've had steak on the brain all day, and Texas Roadhouse has surprisingly good steaks for a chain restaurant. I think I may go that route.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I like their Prime Rib

Easy 6
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
We have $.95 domestic bottles of beer tonight, and every Saturday the rest of the summer.

Damn, thats a great deal.

Baby Lee
06-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Since Stroudts on Wornall died, and since Bandanas learned decent BBQ over here, Jose Peppers is the prime gustatory treat that the mere mention of makes me miss KC.

StcChief
06-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Since Stroudts on Wornall died, and since Bandanas learned decent BBQ over here, Jose Peppers is the prime gustatory treat that the mere mention of makes me miss KC.

Bandana's in STL area good Q. Opening new one in Wentzville in July.

Jose Peppers great....stuff...

CHENZ A!
06-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Damn, thats a great deal.

yeah, i don't know of many places that do specials on weekends either.

Munson
06-30-2007, 08:47 PM
I vote for J Gilbert's too. They cooked up the best steak that I've ever had in my entire life. It was so good that I almost had an orgasm in front of everyone.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Jose Peppers was a little disappointing tonight. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't the amazing kick in the shorts I normally experience there.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I vote for J Gilbert's too. They cooked up the best steak that I've ever had in my entire life. It was so good that I almost had an orgasm in front of everyone.

What table did you sit at. I'll ask not to sit there.

Jilly
06-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Abuelo's in Zona Rosa is awesome. It's a little pricey, but great food.

I think sushi is great, but where's a good place in the KC area?

StcChief
06-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Jose Peppers was a little disappointing tonight. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't the amazing kick in the shorts I normally experience there.
Sat nite crowd.... maybe. too busy

Phobia
06-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Sat nite crowd.... maybe. too busy

Nah, I purposefully timed it so we were later than the rush crowd. There were plenty of seats and parking spaces. Walked in and got a table. I hadn't been to that one before. The ones on the Kansas side are always incredible.

Bowser
06-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Nah, I purposefully timed it so we were later than the rush crowd. There were plenty of seats and parking spaces. Walked in and got a table. I hadn't been to that one before. The ones on the Kansas side are always incredible.

You got there too late. The cooks and waiters were wore out and pissed off.

luv
06-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I hadn't eaten all day today, so I figured, since I was only going to have one meal, I'd order pizza. Got a pepperoni p'zone and some hot wings from Pizza Hut. I'll have it for lunch tomorrow too.

ChiTown
06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Had some excellent breaded pork cutlets over a bed of pasta, topped with Sun Dried Tomatoes, some olive oil and a little butter. Fresh steamed asparagus, steamed apples soaked in honey and cinnamon.

DELISH!

Had a nice Pinot Noir with our dinner. My wife is an excellent cook. My kids and I are very lucky.

Rain Man
06-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Have you considered Long John Silver's?

Bowser
06-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Have you considered Long John Silver's?

I have. Then I promptly hit myself in the nuts with a ball peen as punishment.

Besides, Beer Me got a salad. He had to bend to the will of the posters.

TinyEvel
06-30-2007, 09:51 PM

I'd be suspect of Sushi in the bullls-eye middle of our country. Any fish that's had to travel further than I have to a place, I don't eat.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 09:55 PM
I'd be suspect of Sushi in the bullls-eye middle of our country. Any fish that's had to travel further than I have to a place, I don't eat.

We became sushi fans while we lived in Houston. I'd venture we had pretty fresh sushi there. We've not had a bad experience with sushi in KC. We've had poor service many times but the sushi has always been pretty darn good.

Phobia
06-30-2007, 09:56 PM
If you're going there for dinner, then you should go to Austins Cantina right across the parking lot, for drinks. We have $.95 domestic bottles of beer tonight, and every Saturday the rest of the summer.

I need to get out there sometime. It's nowhere near my neck of the woods or I'd have dropped in on you already.

dj56dt58
06-30-2007, 11:34 PM
I think you should just go get ya sum.
yea...odds are she's cheating on you right about now anyways...

Simplex3
07-01-2007, 05:14 AM
Abuelo's in Zona Rosa is awesome. It's a little pricey, but great food.

I think sushi is great, but where's a good place in the KC area?
Raw fish pretty much all tastes the same to me, but there's a place just around the corner from the Paddy O'Quiggly's on 119th & Roe that some Japanese clients of my really like.

Simplex3
07-01-2007, 05:16 AM
According to everyone I know that has an appreciation for the stuff KC is just like everywhere else, the places that buy the good product and hire the good staff are just as good as anywhere else.

They have ways now to transport most of the fish alive clear to the restaurant.

Simplex3
07-01-2007, 05:18 AM
yea...odds are she's cheating on you right about now anyways...
I read a statistic on that somewhere. Most of the time when a woman thinks her man is cheating she's right, when the man thinks the woman is cheating they're wrong.

dj56dt58
07-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I read a statistic on that somewhere. Most of the time when a woman thinks her man is cheating she's right, when the man thinks the woman is cheating they're wrong.
Haven't read that. I think everyone gets paranoid about it at least every now and then

CHENZ A!
07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I need to get out there sometime. It's nowhere near my neck of the woods or I'd have dropped in on you already.

Well, your first drink is on me man. Athan was in for lunch about 3 months or so ago, and X-factor came in today, that dude is legit, very nice guy.