PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else disappointed when Torrence Marshall went to GB 3 picks before #75??

Herzig
04-23-2001, 09:12 PM
My heart sank when this happened..im hoping Downing will make me forget about it..

ditto with McMahon..only not as much...

Herzig
04-23-2001, 09:20 PM
Havent seen him since the Brittany Spears commercial came out..

KCJohnny
04-23-2001, 09:42 PM
I was willing to spend a #1 on Marshall. This guy will be a Seau-type star for years. He's a FOOTBALL PLAYER.
Remember those?
Chuck Bednarik
Mike Curtis
Larry Wilson
Deacon Jones
Chuck Howley
Jack Lambert

NaptownChief
04-23-2001, 09:46 PM
At first I was disappointed but then when we passed on Brian Allen, DeLawrence Grant and Kevan Barlow for Downing and Minnis I realized it didn't really matter if Marshall was on the board or not cause we would not have made that smart of a pick...

keg in kc
04-23-2001, 10:23 PM
No offense intended toward anyone, but in my humble opinion it's silly to be disappointed with our draft picks a day after the draft. Let's at least give these guys a chance to prove something on the field before we call them 'busts' or say we should have drafted other people - none of whom have proven anything in the NFL at this time either. Looking back a year or two from now and judging them based on performance (or lack thereof) I could understand, but this is kind of ridiculous...

I doubt that any one of us is intimately familiar with very many of these players, and we're limited to going on the information garnered by so-called "experts" who may be no more familiar with any of these guys than we are. Hearing what Chuck Cook had to say (see my other thread) was very interesting, and I have to say I'm a little bit more comfortable with our choices now, and I look forward to giving them the opportunity to prove themselves as members of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I never thought I'd hear myself say this after my original response to drafting Minnis and Downing, but let's at least give these guys a chance...

Herzig
04-23-2001, 11:19 PM
I agree kyle..we need to wait YEARS before evaluating a player and their adjustment to the NFL game.

BUT....I would have loved to see Torrence Marshall in the Red & Gold..

keg in kc
04-23-2001, 11:25 PM
I would have too, honestly, but if we tried to move up and take Sedrick Hodge (we did try, apparently) and there weren't any takers, then I don't see how we could have traded up for Marshall. If the teams aren't willing to trade, they aren't willing to trade...

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2001, 11:48 PM
I agree 100%, Kyle. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Herzig
04-23-2001, 11:57 PM
Kyle

I like your positive attitude...I try to keep one myself...especially with the CHIEFS...

hawaiianboy
04-24-2001, 12:20 AM
I was pissed the Raiders passed him up at the end of RD2... really pissed... I think he would be an outstanding SSLB, though the Pack will probably play him at MLB....

That failed drug test dropped him out of the top 40 IMO....

Why would KC want Hodge? Would you move Edwards to the strong side (a mistake IMO)... Hodge, from what I've seen of him, is strictly a WLB....
I was pissed when the Raiders passed him up as well...

Herzig
04-24-2001, 12:24 AM
JQ...LMAO at "just litigate baby"...good one..

You need to meet my raider friend at Arrowhead this year and do me a favor and sit with him far away from me!!!

I always think our friendship is in jeopardy when we go for our annual visit...

keg in kc
04-24-2001, 12:28 AM
They were discussing playing him at "SAM linebacker" JQ, which meant (as much as understand) that he'd be a strong side backer, but off the line in coverage and not a run stopper. Don't know if it's a situational position or part of the scheme - it's a new term to me (although it seems familiar, like I should know it...).

Greg - I think that's the first time anyone has ever attributed a positive attitude to me. I have long been known as a negative s.o.b. (although I consider myself a 'realist'...). Maybe I'm changing...

hawaiianboy
04-24-2001, 12:41 AM
Greg....

I had friends over for the draft... one of them was from KC.... He's a good guy except on game days wth the Raiders... I want to kill him he's such an ***... Anyway, he was arfing right before your guys picks, since a bunch of guys we both wanted were there... I've never seen a guy more upset and depressed over anything as when KC's pcks were announced and so pissed at me when we walked away with 3 guys from his dream mock.... I don't know if I'd want to be in a stadium full of KC fans if they're anything like him.

Kyle...
I just don't see Hodge as a SAM... he's better in space where he can utilize his speed... JMO, but I projected him strictly as a WILL...
Robinson's scheme usually has LB's taking on blockers though, so maybe they saw him as their John Mobley... Makes sense when you think about it..
Not sure its the best scheme for Edwards though.
He reminds me of Kevin Hardy.

Joe Seahawk
04-24-2001, 12:47 AM
Hey jq, if your still here you need to scroll down the bb, theres a topic that I'm sure will be music to your ears..