PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Free Agents?

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Because it's never too soon to have this conversation, is it?

KFFL has the list of 2008 FAs here (http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=All&y=2008).

I like the following for the Chiefs...

WR DJ Hackett -- Young gunner with loads of potential, who's been fighting for playing time on a talented WR corps in Seattle.

OG Alan Faneca -- Elite OG looking to get out of Pittsburg. It may cost us big $$$ but it'd be a guaranteed Pro Bowler for at least three or four years.

OG Ryan Lilja -- Young OG on that elite Colts OL. Still improving and opened a lot of holes for a good run game. May not be available, though...

OG/OT Jake Scott -- This versatile young guy will likely be available, as the Colts are likely to bring in Tony Ugoh at his position in 2008. Played well everywhere on the right side. Maybe a C prospect?

CB Charles Tillman -- May not be available, but the Bears like Manning, the Bears like Vasher, and Tillman may be a bit too hard for them to hold onto. This guy is tailor-built for the Cover 2, and will be in the prime of his career. Sure starter in the likely event Law or Surtain are gone.

SS Gerald Sensabaugh -- The Jags had a pretty good S unit before they drafted Reggie Nelson. Sensabaugh's probably the odd man out next year. He's a starter-quality backup, and would be great to backup either of our young guys or to take over in case one of them falters.

DT Kindal Moorehead -- A backup on one of the the best DT corps in the league in Carolina. A James Reed-type guy with okay size (6'2, 285) but a lot of heart and motor.

Anybody you like?

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Who wants to put money on us bringing back Tony Richardson? LOL

He'll be our Donnie Edwards acquisition of 2008. ;)

Deberg_1990
07-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Who wants to put money on us bringing back Tony Richardson? LOL

He'll be our Donnie Edwards acquisition of 2008. ;)

No thanks....hes 89 years old.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Since I'm talking about it, here's our list of 2008 FAs.

Boomer Grigsby (RFA) -- He'll sign his tender. Unless he sucks, then he'll be let go.
Samie Parker (UFA) -- Ta ta.
Kris Wilson (UFA) -- Should get a pretty good deal from us.
Kevin Sampson (UFA) -- If we draft anybody at OT, he's gone.
Chris Terry (UFA) -- He'll sign for another year or two at backup money.
Casey Wiegmann (UFA) -- Gone.
Jared Allen (UFA) -- Hopefully resigned with big money.
Jimmy Wilkerson (UFA) -- Depends entirely on this season.
Keyaron Fox (UFA) -- Will resign a one-year deal again.
Rich Scanlon (UFA) -- Gone.

The good news is that Jared Allen's our only real big FA next offseason. This should aid our rebuilding process.

Deberg_1990
07-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Since I'm talking about it, here's our list of 2008 FAs.

Boomer Grigsby (RFA) -- He'll sign his tender. Unless he sucks, then he'll be let go.
Samie Parker (UFA) -- Ta ta.
Kris Wilson (UFA) -- Should get a pretty good deal from us.
Kevin Sampson (UFA) -- If we draft anybody at OT, he's gone.
Chris Terry (UFA) -- He'll sign for another year or two at backup money.
Casey Wiegmann (UFA) -- Gone.
Jared Allen (UFA) -- Hopefully resigned with big money.
Jimmy Wilkerson (UFA) -- Depends entirely on this season.
Keyaron Fox (UFA) -- Will resign a one-year deal again.
Rich Scanlon (UFA) -- Gone.

The good news is that Jared Allen's our only real big FA next offseason. This should aid our rebuilding process.

Id agree with all those except Wilson. If he doesnt build upon last season, he'll be gone too.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 09:05 PM
What do you mean "build upon"?

KurtCobain
07-02-2007, 06:13 PM
What do you mean "build upon"?

He needs bigger feet.

CoMoChief
07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Ryan Lilja would be nice to have....again.

KurtCobain
07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
QB Seneca Wallace - Huard will somehow embarrass himself and will leave town. Printers is a good third stringer, but will not suit as a good backup for Croyle. Wallace will.

WR Bernard Berrian - Probably not going to be there, but he's a must sign if he is. C'mon, Berrian on one side and bowe on the other? And with Tony G for a little while? Croyle will be great.

CB Quentin Jammer Would be a solid pickup.

I'll find more later when I'm sober.

Direckshun
07-02-2007, 11:59 PM
QB Seneca Wallace - Huard will somehow embarrass himself and will leave town. Printers is a good third stringer, but will not suit as a good backup for Croyle. Wallace will.

WR Bernard Berrian - Probably not going to be there, but he's a must sign if he is. C'mon, Berrian on one side and bowe on the other? And with Tony G for a little while? Croyle will be great.

CB Quentin Jammer Would be a solid pickup.

I'll find more later when I'm sober.
I'm not crazy bout Quentin Jammer. And we're stuck with Huard. For better or for wose.

Berrian would be a pleasant addition.

kcchiefsus
07-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Quentin Jammer just signed a big contract extension in the past year.

Direckshun
07-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I guess I should include the disclaimer that there has to be a realistic chance they make it to FA.

Spicy McHaggis
07-07-2007, 01:12 AM
CB Charles Tillman -- May not be available, but the Bears like Manning, the Bears like Vasher, and Tillman may be a bit too hard for them to hold onto.

Peanut worries me a bit. I watched a lot of Bears games last season and it seemed he would get toasted or blow an assignment more often than a number 1 corner should. We do have to do something about the corner situation though.

Direckshun
07-07-2007, 12:08 PM
What about Michael Turner?

In the event that we trade LJ, we could do a lot worse to replace him than a burgeoning young star RB out of San Diego...

htismaqe
07-07-2007, 12:38 PM

In the event that we trade LJ, we could do a lot worse to replace him than a burgeoning young star RB out of San Diego...

SD wants picks.

We'd be better off trading LJ and using one of those picks on a younger RB in the draft.

Ebolapox
07-07-2007, 12:45 PM

feh, turner really doesn't strike me as that good of a Rb. he's a product of their (stellar) run-blocking. behind our putrid line of last year, he's rashaan shehee

Direckshun
07-07-2007, 01:45 PM
SD wants picks.
He signed a one year tender.

He should be UFA in 2008.

Valiant
07-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Ryan Lilja would be nice to have....again.

Yeah no shit.. That was a DV **** up wasn't it?? Him thinking he would slip thru the radar after a great preseason...

Direckshun
07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
The 2008 FA market has a chance to be killer if you're looking for a surely, veteran FB.

Tony Richardson, Lorenzo Neal, and Mike Alstott will be up for new contracts.

Neal will probably get resigned, Alstott's probably going to retire, but it's possible Richardson may be looking to play for another season or two and the Vikes are obviously rebuilding their offense.

Direckshun
07-07-2007, 02:33 PM
The Seahawks' CB/NCB Jordan Babineaux, who the Chiefs were toying around with trading for earlier in the offseason, will be an UFA in 2008.

Just for your information there. The Seahawks were shopping him this offseason so he could conceivably hit the market.

htismaqe
07-07-2007, 06:31 PM
He signed a one year tender.

He should be UFA in 2008.

They might try to tag him, obviously they think he has trade value...who knows.