PDA

View Full Version : Chiefsplanet interviews: Fire Me Boy!

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Good evening, Fire Me Boy! How are you tonight?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Alright... hand is sore from the burn, but otherwise not too bad. Dick Tracy was good.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
You?

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm asking the ****ing questions here.

Tell us a little about what you do, FMB. We know you work for a newspaper or a TV station or something. Do you still have multiple jobs?

Rain Man
07-01-2007, 06:07 PM
(Watching raptly.)

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:07 PM
No multiple jobs anymore. I'm a filmmaker and a reporter for a Kansas City television station. I've been in TV before, but prior to this current job I was at a newspaper for six years... doing everything there from editing to general assignment reporting to sports to photography to graphic arts to IT support. I was a jack of all trades there... unfortunately, they didn't pay me even remotely what I deserved.

That's why I had two other jobs -- an assignment editor for a different TV station and as a director of music at a church.

All of it is a means to an end... basically, I'm trying to make money. My dream is to make films... and while I may never strike it big (although I'm one of the freaks that seeks fame) I will always continue to make movies in some form.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Have you reported any interesting stories at your TV station? What are you most proud of?

Bill Parcells
07-01-2007, 06:10 PM
No multiple jobs anymore. I'm a filmmaker and a reporter for a Kansas City television station. I've been in TV before, but prior to this current job I was at a newspaper for six years... doing everything there from editing to general assignment reporting to sports to photography to graphic arts to IT support. I was a jack of all trades there... unfortunately, they didn't pay me even remotely what I deserved.

That's why I had two other jobs -- an assignment editor for a different TV station and as a director of music at a church.

All of it is a means to an end... basically, I'm trying to make money. My dream is to make films... and while I may never strike it big (although I'm one of the freaks that seeks fame) I will always continue to make movies in some form.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/jackass500/applause.gif

Sam Hall
07-01-2007, 06:14 PM
what are the dimensions of the girl in your avatar?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:16 PM
That's a tough question. Covered a lot of interesting things at the station. A few years ago there was a double execution of a couple of MAST ambulance workers. Because of my work we trumped everyone else's coverage... it all comes down to how we compare to the other stations.

Hard to say what I'm most proud of... while I am not ashamed of much, I can't really say I'm particularly proud of anything. I know I can cook and I know that I have some ideas floating around for films that haven't been seen before. But the only thing I'd really say is outstanding is my work ethic and passion for what I'm doing.

I work very hard at what I do and I take it very seriously, even when I don't particularly care for what I'm doing.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:17 PM
what are the dimensions of the girl in your avatar?
120x136

Sam Hall
07-01-2007, 06:18 PM
120x136

good answer though not necessarily what i was looking for.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:18 PM
What sort of films would you like to make? Would you do it outside the establishment like George Lucas or suck on the studio teat? Do you have one grand idea that you're really looking forward to - i.e. something with lightsabers?

luv
07-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I work very hard at what I do and I take it very seriously, even when I don't particularly care for what I'm doing.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:27 PM
What sort of films would you like to make? Would you do it outside the establishment like George Lucas or suck on the studio teat? Do you have one grand idea that you're really looking forward to - i.e. something with lightsabers?
Just with my track record, my film tastes lean toward the dark side. The things I've worked on generally had some humor, but not a lot.

The two scripts I'm working on now (both shorts, under 10 minutes) are both a little on the experimental side.

One is a bank robbery scene... it's basically a five-minute lead-up to a punchline. What will make it different is the manner in which I shoot it. But that one is VERY experimental.

The second is almost complete: it's called "%" and is dark. And when I say "dark" I mean really, REALLY dark. The opening line of the film is "There is a 100 percent chance that the boy will die." It goes downhill from there.

I'm working with a writer in St. Louis on a feature-length comedy called "Five days and 50 conversations about nothing"... that one will be a smart comedy. Styled after a combo of Twelfth Night, The Sun Also Rising, and Waiting for Godot.

I think as a short that % actually has a chance of getting some notice. I can't say anything at this point about Five days because the script isn't even close to being done.

As for where I'd want to work. I think I would really do whatever was given. I could easily see myself going the way of Lucas... I would make anything for a studio for the chance to make something of my own. Truth be told, I'd totally be a sell-out. I love making films. I love being on the set, any set.

That said, I know that when I've worked on something I wasn't completely invested in my work has been subpar.

luv
07-01-2007, 06:27 PM
FMB is either a slow typer of just long winded.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
FMB is either a slow typer of just long winded.
Long-winded... I type close to 100 words per minute.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Would you date a girl that had sucked 37 dicks?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:31 PM
In a row?

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:32 PM
No, over a period of time. Like, prior to you?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:33 PM
In all seriousness... if I weren't married, probably. Honestly, I dated a girl that probably had sucked that many. She was whore. But she gave GREAT head.

Bowser
07-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Does that make him 37, or 38?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:35 PM
No, over a period of time. Like, prior to you?
I don't really see a problem. I think probably more importantly would be if she had been faithful to her boyfriend.

But I went polar opposite with my wife... she was a virgin.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:36 PM
That's cool. Tell us about your wife. How long did you date, how did you propose, what is she like, would she suck 37 dicks, would you leave her for Scarlett Johansson....

luv
07-01-2007, 06:40 PM
That's cool. Tell us about your wife. How long did you date, how did you propose, what is she like, would she suck 37 dicks, would you leave her for Scarlett Johansson....
That's a very good question. I thought about starting a thread like that, but I think it's been done.

blueballs
07-01-2007, 06:42 PM

you set yourself up on purpose
- is that 37 gochiefs dicks
or 12 average dicks

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:46 PM
She's four years younger than me (that makes her 24). She's still in school, working toward a PR degree. Very sweet... she has her issues, but what woman doesn't? I knew I was in love when she could quote as much of The Godfather as I could.

5-6, 130, 36C, red hair.

We dated for about 8 months before I proposed, we got married about 5 months later. We're at 4 1/2 years now.

I asked her to marry me in the exact same manner in which I asked her on our first date. She was in my choir at church -- one morning during church services, the choir had just finished singing our anthem and went downstairs to take off robes and put music away (we did that during church, not sure why). As we were headed back upstairs, the girl was right in front of me and I just said, "Hey... I have a question. Would you like to go out sometime?"

Obviously, she said yeah and it went from there.

As the choir director, I had keys to the church. I picked out the ring, we had NEVER talked about marriage so I was really flying blind. I asked her to come keep me company while I sorted music.

We went to the empty church and entered in the basement, next to the choir office. I came up with a reason to go upstairs and she took off, right in front of me, just as I'd planned. As soon as we were in front of the Coke machine, I got down on one knee and said, "Hey... I have a question." She turned around and got all wide-eyed. And I just said, "Would you marry me?" and pulled the ring out.

She jumped up and down and screamed. Then finally said yes.

I seriously doubt she'd suck 37 dicks... and yes I would leave her for Scarlett Johansson. At least for a while. :D

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Does your wife like football?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Does your wife like football?
Yeah, she was pretty clueless when we first started dating, but being around me she grew to understand it. Once she understood it she liked it a lot more.

Then I took her to Arrowhead and she got hooked. Her very first NFL experience was Chiefs v. Broncos when Dante returned the punt, reversed field twice, went back to the 2 yard-line IIRC. We won that game, it was a division rivalry, great punt return, beautiful day... I told her that very probably she'd never see a game that great again.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Last question: Is Larry Johnson the greatest running back of all time?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Last question: Is Larry Johnson the greatest running back of all time?
Not yet. Might be later on, but he has a few years of continued productivity still to go. At this point, he is simply one of the top two running backs in the league.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Thankyou for participating, Fire Me Boy! I found this very interesting. I hope to one day see some of your films in the theater, or perhaps download them. For free.

Sam Hall
Did you say you graduated from UCM?

BigMeatballDave
Last question: Is Larry Johnson the greatest running back of all time?You can stop hanging from Larry's johnson, now...

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Thankyou for participating, Fire Me Boy! I found this very interesting. I hope to one day see some of your films in the theater, or perhaps download them. For free.
I wouldn't condone that... piracy hurts the artist.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Did you say you graduated from UCM?
I didn't say that here, but it's "sort of" true. I graduated from CMSU, which is now UCM.

Sam Hall
07-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I didn't say that, and it's "sort of" true. I graduated from CMSU, which is now UCM.

GO MULES

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
GO MULES
GO MULEKICKERS!

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I think more people care about luv.

Bill Parcells
07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I will donate this gif for these interviews, touche luv.

ROFL

luv
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I think more people care about luv.
It's not that they care. I'm just easier to make fun of.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I once saw a ten minute experimental film about wind.

I found myself unamused.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM

I found myself unamused.

There are some real elitist bastards out there.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:22 PM

I found myself unamused.
Mine is more experimental in style than in content. It'll be experimental in camera work only.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:23 PM
There are some real elitist bastards out there.
http://www.imagicwonders.com/galleries/folk/candids/images/Monocle%20Man.jpg

BucEyedPea
07-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Mine is more experimental in style than in content. It'll be experimental in camera work only.
Does this mean you'll be shooting upside down? :hmmm:
Or will you go Jean Luc-Godard and invert your film to negatives? :hmmm:

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-01-2007, 07:25 PM
It's not that they care. I'm just easier to make fun of.
Really it's because you're a girl on a site that is 98% guys... and we picture you naked.

luv
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Really it's because you're a girl on a site that is 98% guys... and we picture you naked.
Scary. Very scary. Trust me.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 07:29 PM
He has a camera that filters out skin. Instead of people you see interacting bodies of organs.

He says it's a way to show The Real You. :shake:

Fried Meat Ball!
I guess to be completely accurate, it'll have more to do with editing than camera work. Beyond that, I'll not go further. I've never seen it done before. That's not to say that it's never been done, but it certainly isn't common.

BigMeatballDave
Scary. Very scary. Trust me.Really? I though that pic that GC posted of you looked good...

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Scary. Very scary. Trust me.
It really doesn't matter what you really look like. We all imagine Jessica Alba. And we imagined Moooo was Salma Hayek.

luv
07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Really? I though that pic that GC posted of you looked good...
This thread isn't about me. Back to FMB, please.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:31 PM
You don't want to imagine me naked either.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Really? I though that pic that GC posted of you looked good...
Would you like to star in FMB's upcoming ten minute experimental piece on Creepy ****ers On The Internet?

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Unless you imagine me as Giada DeLaurentiis.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Would you like to star in FMB's upcoming ten minute experimental piece on Creepy ****ers On The Internet?
It'll be a silent film, shot with no artificial or natural light.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 07:33 PM
You don't want to imagine me naked either.
I imagine you as a 4 foot tall lizard person in a suit.

luv
07-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Direckshun could come up with some funky background music.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
You've got yourself a paying customer.

luv
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Direckshun could come up with some funky background music.
Wait. You said Silent.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Wait. You said Silent.
Idiot.

luv
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Idiot.
Not the first time I've been called that. Won't be the last time, I'm sure.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Idiot.
Hey! Don't call luv an idiot. She's cuter than you.

Direckshun
07-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Hey! Don't call luv an idiot. She's cuter than you.
I'll prove myself in the swimsuit competition.

luv
07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Good, you'll blind them, and they won't be able to see me. I like this plan.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Considering what I just said you looked like in the other thread, that would be weird.

BigMeatballDave
07-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Unless you imagine me as Giada DeLaurentiis.
:hump:

Skip Towne
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey, Go Chiefs, instead of these lame articles why don't you do some actual first hand research such as a "Where are they now" story on the 1969 Kansas City Chiefs? I'm sure there would be interest in what the old Champions are doing now. Where are Bobby Bell, Willie Lanier, Fred Arbanas, Jim Tyrer (we know where he is but how about a story on him), Ed Budde, Wendell Hayes, Robert "Tank" Holmes. EJ Holub, Jan Stenerud, Johnny Robinson, Curley Culp, Mike Garrett, Dave Hill, Jim Kearney, Jim Lynch, Jim Marsalis, Jerry Mays, Curt McClinton, Mo Moorman, Frank Pitts, Ed Podolak, Otis Taylor, Emmitt Thomas and Jerrel Wilson. That is the only way I will read your articles. Your just going around to other sites and combining info doesn't do it for me. Do something original for a change.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Uhhh...wrong thread, Skip?

Skip Towne
07-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Regardless of thread, do something worthwhile instead of your usual crap.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Regardless of thread, do something worthwhile instead of your usual crap.

Most people enjoy my "usual crap." Did you read my Trent Green column this week? Some very interesting info on some old-time QBs from your generation in it.

I am not sure anyone cares about what a bunch of former athletes are doing with their time. I write about the game.

Skip Towne
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Most people enjoy my "usual crap." Did you read my Trent Green column this week? Some very interesting info on some old-time QBs from your generation in it.

I am not sure anyone cares about what a bunch of former athletes are doing with their time. I write about the game.
I don't read your tripe. Most of it is stolen. The front Page of the Sports section of the Tulsa World today was about the old Phillips 66ers AAU basketball team of the '50's and 60's. Very interesting. You just read other sites and combine them into your "article" . You never do actual research so I never learn anything from your shit.

Count Zarth
07-01-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't read your tripe. Most of it is stolen. The front Page of the Sports section of the Tulsa World today was about the old Phillips 66ers AAU basketball team of the '50's and 60's. Very interesting. You just read other sites and combine them into your "article" . You never do actual research so I never learn anything from your shit.

That is quite erroneous. I have never stolen anything appearing in one of my columns. I welcome your scrutiny, so let's see if you can provide an example. I'm guessing you can't.

I did a TON of research for the Trent Green article I mentioned that appeared earlier this week.

DaneMcCloud
07-01-2007, 11:20 PM

Alzheimer's kickin' in. :evil:

cdcox
07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Interesting interview. I always like to hear from FMB since Chiefs football, cooking/BBQ, and movies are three of my favorite spare time activities.

FAX
07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Interesting interview. I always like to hear from FMB since Chiefs football, cooking/BBQ, and movies are three of my favorite spare time activities.

I agree, Mr. cdcox. Mr. Fire Me Boy!'s posts are always informative and interesting.

Except for the one where he burned the skin off the palm of his hand. I almost threw up on that one. I can't imagine the pain of engaging in the five finger knuckle shuffle with that injury.

FAX

Fried Meat Ball!
07-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I agree, Mr. cdcox. Mr. Fire Me Boy!'s posts are always informative and interesting.

Except for the one where he burned the skin off the palm of his hand. I almost threw up on that one. I can't imagine the pain of engaging in the five finger knuckle shuffle with that injury.

FAX
I'm ambidextrous.

Baby Lee
07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
One more than Dante's GF, or a misquote? :shrug:

Brock
07-02-2007, 01:40 PM
One more than Dante's GF, or a misquote? :shrug:

Counting Dante, it's 37.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm ambidextrous.

C'mon. So is everyone else. It's called "The Stranger" and it is VERY effective. This was a good thread. I've always found FMB to be interesting, now even more so. Good luck with your endeavors, maybe I'll be able to connive (sp) a couple of free tickets to one of your premiers one of these days.

luv
07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm ambidextrous.
I'm an ambidextrous clapper.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
C'mon. So is everyone else. It's called "The Stranger" and it is VERY effective. This was a good thread. I've always found FMB to be interesting, now even more so. Good luck with your endeavors, maybe I'll be able to connive (sp) a couple of free tickets to one of your premiers one of these days.
Well, thank you, Mr. Flopnuts.