PDA

View Full Version : Another Police Brutality Thread

ChiefsfaninPA
07-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but this is worse than skateboarding kids. Maybe Denverchief or CrazyCoffey can explain this because I surely can't find any justification.

http://www.draculaman.com/?p=43

chagrin
07-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Are you saying that because Denver Chief is a cop, he should have to explain every perceived act of police brutality?

That's a bit one sided, don't you think?

Whatever happened with this situation isn't for them to explain but maybe for you to resolve your own feelings over.

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Holy crap! WTF was that police officer thinking?

He totally tried to waste that guy at point blank range...

I hope that officer gets sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison... Effin toolbag...

ChiefsfaninPA
07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Are you saying that because Denver Chief is a cop, he should have to explain every perceived act of police brutality?

That's a bit one sided, don't you think?

No not saying that at all. Just want to get his perspective. I am not trained in this arena and need a professional assessment.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Holy crap! WTF was that police officer thinking?

He totally tried to waste that guy at point blank range...

I hope that officer gets sent to a federal pound me in the ass prison... Effin toolbag...

He was actually found not guilty.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/297196/sheriff_acquitted_of_charges_related.html

DenverChief
07-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I remember that ...I think the officer was in the wrong based upon what I could see and hear in the video...but so was the airman

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 09:27 AM
why was the airman wrong?

For getting up?

BigMeatballDave
07-02-2007, 09:32 AM

For getting up?I suppose, in defense of the officer, the airman had put his hand on his chest area. I guess the cop thought he may have been reaching for a weapon. Ok, fine. How about putting one in his shoulder, instead of his chest?

Simplex3
07-02-2007, 09:35 AM
LMAO

Please don't tell me that you're trying to relate this incident to the skateboard bitches.

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I suppose, in defense of the officer, the airman had put his hand on his chest area. I guess the cop thought he may have been reaching for a weapon. Ok, fine. How about putting one in his shoulder, instead of his chest?

Uh Yeah okay.... Nice to see the local police icing down my fellow USAF brethern... Yeah there is trash in the Military, just like in the police force... But to smoke an unarmed man at point blank range?

ChiTown
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
I suppose, in defense of the officer, the airman had put his hand on his chest area. I guess the cop thought he may have been reaching for a weapon. Ok, fine. How about putting one in his shoulder, instead of his chest?

That is COMPLETELY fooked up. No way should that cop have have shot him like that. NFW. If he thought the suspect was dangerous, he should have rolled him over, cuffed him, padded him down, then got him up. That is just wrong.

jidar
07-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I remember that ...I think the officer was in the wrong based upon what I could see and hear in the video...but so was the airman

this guy is never going to side against the police. just stop ****ing asking him.
What an idiot.

Bob Dole
07-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Just heard on the news this morning about an officer shooting and killing a Shreveport resident armed with a 3 inch pocket knife.

No details yet, but it's odd that the PD's press release only confirms the shooting, offers no details, and they will not return calls from the television station.

Braincase
07-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Some other web sites say the deputy is named Ivory Webb, and he's a former Iowa wide receiver (unconfirmed).

DenverChief
07-02-2007, 10:52 AM

Did you hear the way he was talking to the officer? Is that the way you expect a person to treat an officer of the law? The officer had done nothing wrong up to asking him to stand up

DenverChief
07-02-2007, 10:52 AM
this guy is never going to side against the police. just stop ****ing asking him.
What an idiot.

I assume you have difficulty in reading comprehension?

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 10:53 AM
So If I verbally abuse an officer, he has a right to shoot me?

Your freaking nuts dude....

DenverChief
07-02-2007, 10:54 AM
So If I verbally abuse an officer, he has a right to shoot me?

Your freaking nuts dude....

Where did I say that? I said the airman was wrong for acting like a 2 year old, I didn't say it was right for the officer to shoot him...is that hard to understand?

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Where did I say that? I said the airman was wrong for acting like a 2 year old, I didn't say it was right for the officer to shoot him...is that hard to understand?

Yep it sure is very hard to understand....

If I want to cry suck on my thumb and be a total bitch when I get pulled over, that is my right as an american to act that way.. But in no way should I get a cap put in my ass for acting as such...

DenverChief
07-02-2007, 11:42 AM

If I want to cry suck on my thumb and be a total bitch when I get pulled over, that is my right as an american to act that way.. But in no way should I get a cap put in my ass for acting as such...

:rolleyes: no this is what should happen

When a policeman tells you to do something, do it immediately. If he repeats himself, you're in real trouble. If he repeats himself again, you deserve what you've got coming

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGXH-MwUt5E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGXH-MwUt5E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DenverChief
07-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Oh yea and once again I never said SHOOTING him was acceptable, you are just saying what you want to hear from me so you can label me a bad guy...Like I said the shooting was wrong, but so was mouthing off to the cop

CoMoChief
07-02-2007, 11:49 AM
That guy didnt put his hand on the cops shoulder. That cop should be prosecuted. The guy got up when the cop told him to.

Cochise
07-02-2007, 11:50 AM

And some people wonder why cops end up being dicks to them. That's the only thing they understand.

Bob Dole
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM
That guy didnt put his hand on the cops shoulder. That cop should be prosecuted. The guy got up when the cop told him to.

He's already been prosecuted. Unsuccessfully.

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh yea and once again I never said SHOOTING him was acceptable, you are just saying what you want to hear from me so you can label me a bad guy...Like I said the shooting was wrong, but so was mouthing off to the cop

Labeling you? As what?

Why would I label you when some cop couldnt control his anger and shot an innocent unarmed man 3 times at close range...

This has nothing to do with you as far as I am concerned... The cop was wrong. No matter how much verbal abuse someone gives you, unless that guy on the ground was physically going to harm the officer, then he never had any right to squeeze that trigger..

Verbal, mouthing off, smarting off, etc... Doesnt equal the right to put a cap in someone...

DenverChief
07-02-2007, 11:54 AM

He was and the jury found him not guilty...I don't agree with the officers actions I dunno why he asked him to stand up it sounded like backup was nearby, sirens in the background, he should have left him on the ground...that being said I was a soldier and I guarangawddammnedtee that my 1SG, my Platoon Sgt and My Squad leader would have been up my ass so far my nose would be clean for talking like that to an authority figure. No excuse for him to act like that other than he thought he was above the law

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
And some people wonder why cops end up being dicks to them. That's the only thing they understand.

FYI, If I get pulled over. I most likely deserved it and I am very respectful to the officer...

Even when I got pulled over by a young zit boy trying to make his name known this past year... I was respectful, went to my court date, totally pwned the kid in front of the judge and won my case...

No need to be a dick about it...

CoMoChief
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGXH-MwUt5E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGXH-MwUt5E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

You use pepper spray in that situation, not a ****in taser gun.

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
He was and the jury found him not guilty...I don't agree with the officers actions I dunno why he asked him to stand up it sounded like backup was nearby, sirens in the background, he should have left him on the ground...that being said I was a soldier and I guarangawddammnedtee that my 1SG, my Platoon Sgt and My Squad leader would have been up my ass so far my nose would be clean for talking like that to an authority figure. No excuse for him to act like that other than he thought he was above the law

I will agree with that..

but the officer over reacted and made the situation worse... The Airman was being a tool for sure... But not a threat...

Since he wasnt a threat, there should of never been a shot fired, let alone 3.

FAX
07-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Man, that was bad.

I worry about police training and entrance requirements when I see something of this nature.

We had a similar episode (which I may have posted, I don't recall) outside my office in which an unarmed suspect was lying on the pavement face down, completely under control, and an officer's firearm "accidentally" discharged in his back killing the man.

Some officers never fire their weapon throughout their entire career and others can't seem to resist. In generaly, I support the authorities and admire them for the work they do, but this is absurd.

FAX

DenverChief
Verbal, mouthing off, smarting off, etc... Doesnt equal the right to put a cap in someone...

Are you that f#cking dense? Or are you illiterate? That is what I have said in every f#cking post I put on here...DUH MCFLY!

Cochise
It seems like it's always a case of the suspect being a bitch, then the cop getting angry, and things boil over from there.

Does someone deserve to be brutalized, no. Should brutality be tolorated, no. But it seems like police brutality almost always starts with a subject who's being a crybaby or a total dumbass, and the incident would have been totally prevented if they would have just acted like an adult.

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Are you that f#cking dense? Or are you illiterate? That is what I have said in every f#cking post I put on here...DUH MCFLY!

Dense? Apparently the people training these guys to protect and serve are alittle denser than us general population...

Good think you are in Denver or where ever.. You might shoot us because you cant control your anger......

Relax dude...

CoMoChief
07-02-2007, 12:00 PM

Well, I agree that the guy shouldnt have discredited the officer's job title by stating he served in the military etc. to act like he's more important, but in no way should the cop have shot the guy multiple times at point blank range. I dont see how the cop was found not guilty. He at least should have been fired. That is not SOP what that cop did. Of course I guess I should say that I don't even know what happened before that video to make the officer tell him to get on the ground.

Cochise
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Good think you are in Denver or where ever.. You might shoot us because you cant control your anger......

Another erudite vignette from Reerun...

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
It seems like it's always a case of the suspect being a bitch, then the cop getting angry, and things boil over from there.

Does someone deserve to be brutalized, no. Should brutality be tolorated, no. But it seems like police brutality almost always starts with a subject who's being a crybaby or a total dumbass, and the incident would have been totally prevented if they would have just acted like an adult.

I will agree with that...

Maybe they need to have more training to handle situations like this... People are always going to test your limits and the police will get theres tested more based on these types of events...

To me it looked like bad situational awareness by the office. Guy in on the ground, backup sounded like it was coming. Officer felt threaten and opened fire...

Lack of training and education most likely...

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Another erudite vignette from Reerun...

Nah, dude I was just messing with him... Its all good...

WilliamTheIrish
07-02-2007, 12:22 PM

I remember this. The guy on the ground, is Elio Carrion. He was the passenger in a car that was involved in a chase that ended in a wreck. Both men were intoxicated.

He was asked to get up. He did and tells the officers what he's doing.

Then he gets shot. Three times.

Oh, and BC it IS Ivory Webb. Webb claimed he told Carrion NOT to get up. But the cops hired a lab to enhance the audio and video and still they only got what was heard on tape.

Get up. Get up. Blam x3.

And he gets acquitted by a jury for attempted aggravated manslaughter. Could have been attempted murder.

Webb was named as one of seven co-defendants in a 2004 federal civil lawsuit against San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies that alleged excessive use of force by another deputy. Jurors in that case ruled for the officers and cleared Webb, who had been accused of failing to stop his colleague from misconduct.

Webb was not reinstated to the police department.

Ari Chi3fs
07-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Gay cops suck.

Pitt Gorilla
07-02-2007, 02:31 PM
and the incident would have been totally prevented if they would have just acted like an adult.Unfortunately, there is no evidence of this.

pr_capone
07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Did you hear the way he was talking to the officer? Is that the way you expect a person to treat an officer of the law? The officer had done nothing wrong up to asking him to stand up and shooting a unarmed man 3 times when he did as the officer told him to do.

FYP :)

mikey23545
07-02-2007, 03:53 PM
The piece of shit had already led the cop on a 100mph drunken chase which endangered many people. He was belligerent. He disobeyed the officer's orders several times. When he finally went to get up, he didn't just stand up, he began a lunge while at the same time reaching into his jacket.

The only mistake the officer made was not firing a head shot.

Bob Dole
07-02-2007, 04:00 PM

You keep mentioning the victim's disrespectful tone.

It sure sounded to Bob Dole like the victim was afraid for his safety and was trying to calm down an overly excited and apparently trigger happy law enforcement officer. It certainly wasn't a, "I'm on your side you ****ing pig. I'm on your ****ing side you ignorant rent-a-cop." tone of voice.

Sorry, but if you've got a gun aimed at Bob Dole, chances are pretty good that Bob Dole's tone and inflection isn't going to be particularly soothing either.

Carlota69
07-02-2007, 04:07 PM
You keep mentioning the victim's disrespectful tone.

It sure sounded to Bob Dole like the victim was afraid for his safety and was trying to calm down an overly excited and apparently trigger happy law enforcement officer. It certainly wasn't a, "I'm on your side you ****ing pig. I'm on your ****ing side you ignorant rent-a-cop." tone of voice.

Sorry, but if you've got a gun aimed at Bob Dole, chances are pretty good that Bob Dole's tone and inflection isn't going to be particularly soothing either.

Thats the problem I have as well. I can't hear the guy being disrespectful. Maybe I'm just flat out not hearing it (because of the low-quality tape), but all I can hear is fear, not disrespect.

ChiefFripp
07-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Incidents like this are the reason I'm not automatically upset when a police officer is shot , I have to find out the details first and then decide wether to give a rat's ass or not.

ClevelandBronco
07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
As a guy who has had a shotgun pointed at my temple from 18" with a cop on the other end, I assure you that in a case such as that, your entire vocabulary should consist of only the words "yes" and "sir" spoken in a very sincere voice.

Spott
07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
It's really hard to judge anything from this video because it's so dark. Just a bunch of bleeps and some yelling.

Halfcan
07-02-2007, 05:15 PM
that cocksmoking cop should go to jail

Bwana
07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
It looks like officer friendly was a little fast on the trigger to me. What a dickweed.

WilliamTheIrish
07-02-2007, 08:36 PM
The piece of shit had already led the cop on a 100mph drunken chase which endangered many people. He was belligerent. He disobeyed the officer's orders several times. When he finally went to get up, he didn't just stand up, he began a lunge while at the same time reaching into his jacket.

The only mistake the officer made was not firing a head shot.

For the sake of accuracy:

The guy who was shot did not lead anybody on a chase. He was the passenger, on leave from Iraq.

Logical
07-02-2007, 08:53 PM

Good luck with that. Expect to be roughed up by almost any police that stop you if you act that way. Most won't cross the line to where you will have physical evidence that you were harmed but there are ways to abuse perps who act like an ass.

Reerun_KC
07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Good luck with that. Expect to be roughed up by almost any police that stop you if you act that way. Most won't cross the line to where you will have physical evidence that you were harmed but there are ways to abuse perps who act like an ass.

LMAO, good thing this is really how I am if I get pulled over..

FYI, If I get pulled over. I most likely deserved it and I am very respectful to the officer...

Even when I got pulled over by a young zit boy trying to make his name known this past year... I was respectful, went to my court date, totally pwned the kid in front of the judge and won my case...

No need to be a dick about it...

Logical
07-02-2007, 09:12 PM
LMAO, good thing this is really how I am if I get pulled over..Glad to hear it.

LiL stumppy
07-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Did you hear the way he was talking to the officer? Is that the way you expect a person to treat an officer of the law? The officer had done nothing wrong up to asking him to stand up

Sooo, by the looks of it, and your avatar, I'm guessing your a cop? So by disrespecting a cop, the cop in return has the right to shoot him in the chest? And forgive me if I'm wrong, but if you thought the guy was pulling a gun out of his "chest" would you not tell him to quit moving, or stop, or to roll over. Shouldn't there be something said before shots fired, I mean to me, the guy wasn't moving too fast. And I didn't understand the paragraph very well, but didn't the cop ask the man to get up?

el borracho
07-03-2007, 02:11 AM
DenverChief- "The cop was wrong to shoot the guy"
Various Planeteers- "So you think its ok to shoot the guy?! Your a dick!"

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2007, 02:43 AM
DenverChief- "The cop was wrong to shoot the guy"
Various Planeteers- "So you think its ok to shoot the guy?! Your a dick!"

My concern is with the constant need to reiterate the fact that the guy shouldn't have been mouthing off to him. Who gives a f*ck? This good ole boy mentality is the main cause for all of this in the first place. I'm sick and tired of hearing about "You don't know what we go through" bullshit. You chose the job, and you're well equiped with weapons to defend yourself from the 1.3% of the population that is scum. I hear about a lot more innocent people gettin shot up by cops than I do about cops gettin shot up by scumbags. Yet we keep letting them off the hook for it. All because "We don't understand what they go through" If you can't handle the job, get one behind a desk.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2007, 02:48 AM
All of that being said. Rest assured I will do whatever you ask me too. Regardless of the request. Why? Because our society is too scared to question authority, and has decided as a collective consciousness that our fear of the unknown outweighs our civil liberties. We're pussies. Plain and simple.

ClevelandBronco
07-03-2007, 02:55 AM
My concern is with the constant need to reiterate the fact that the guy shouldn't have been mouthing off to him. Who gives a f*ck? This good ole boy mentality is the main cause for all of this in the first place. I'm sick and tired of hearing about "You don't know what we go through" bullshit. You chose the job, and you're well equiped with weapons to defend yourself from the 1.3% of the population that is scum. I hear about a lot more innocent people gettin shot up by cops than I do about cops gettin shot up by scumbags. Yet we keep letting them off the hook for it. All because "We don't understand what they go through" If you can't handle the job, get one behind a desk.

Move very slowly and predictably, and move only when you're told to move, in exactly the way you're told to move. Speak only when you're invited to speak. If you're not invited to speak, shut the hell up.

Flponuts, there's a weapon aimed at you, and you're going to lose if you do it any other way.

It's just reality.

You say that 1.3% of the population is scum? I doubt you have any evidence behind that numbers, but if its that high, then a cop has a chance of losing his life in roughly 1 out of 85 stops. That's too many to trust good will.

That's way too high, and I doubt that we'd even send our Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force or any National Guard into the kinds of situations we send these guys into every day.

They aren't trained for it.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Move very slowly and predictably, and move only when you're told to move, in exactly the way you're told to move. Speak only when you're invited to speak. If you're not invited to speak, shut the hell up.

Flponuts, there's a weapon aimed at you, and you're going to lose if you do it any other way.

It's just reality.

You say that 1.3% of the population is scum? I doubt you have any evidence behind that numbers, but if its that high, then a cop has a chance of losing his life in roughly 1 out of 85 stops. That's too many to trust good will.

That's way too high, and I doubt that we'd even send our Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force or any National Guard into the kinds of situations we send these guys into every day.

They aren't trained for it.

Problem is, the cops aren't either. It's not justification though. They chose the job. BTW, you're right, totally random number. Someone once posted that 72% of all statistics are made up. I believe that.

ClevelandBronco
07-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Cops train daily. We don't.

We tend to be idiots when we interact with cops. We like to talk about our rights while cops have to deal with their personal survival.

One night your rights may be violated. That's cool. Give them up tonight. You'll get them back tomorrow morning.

The next night a cop's kid could lose his father and a wife could lose her husband. They'll never get that father and husband back. Cops and their familes are faced with losing everything every night.

Cops always get leeway with me. They deserve it. They've earned it.

Every damned or blessed night, IMO.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Cops train daily. We don't.

We tend to be idiots when we interact with cops. We like to talk about our rights while cops have to deal with their personal survival.

One night your rights may be violated. That's cool. Give them up tonight. You'll get them back tomorrow morning.

The next night a cop's kid could lose his father and a wife could lose her husband. They'll never get that father and husband back. Cops and their familes are faced with losing everything every night.

Cops always get leeway with me. They deserve it. They've earned it.

Every damned or blessed night, IMO.

You're absolutely correct, except for the giving up your rights part. I don't berate, belittle, or talk down to cops. They have done so to me however. Why? Meh, who cares. It's life, it is what it is. We're on the same page, we're just focused on different cops is all.

Saggysack
07-03-2007, 05:44 AM

Wrong. A 1.3% chance wouldn't mean 1 in 85 stops they have a chance of losing their life. It means 1 in 85 stops they have a chance to encounter a scumbag. FTR, not all scumbags are murderers. I'm living proof of that.

ChiTown
07-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Incidents like this are the reason I'm not automatically upset when a police officer is shot , I have to find out the details first and then decide wether to give a rat's ass or not.

You are a scumbag.

Duck Dog
07-03-2007, 08:24 AM
He was actually found not guilty.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/297196/sheriff_acquitted_of_charges_related.html

Was this jury full of black cops?

Reerun_KC
07-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Could this be called police brutality?

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070522/NEWS18/70522036

Dartgod
07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Could this be called police brutality?

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070522/NEWS18/70522036
I suppose it could if a donkey punch was involved.

Cochise
07-03-2007, 11:19 AM
You are a scumbag.

No kidding. Truly one of the most degenerate comments I've ever heard made, on this board or anywhere else.

ChiefFripp
07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Well not that I care what you two losers think but I will say that there are enough bad cops out there that I have to check the details of the incident out before I decide who was in the wrong. And some cops SHOULD be shot.

Inspector
07-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Police personnel who allow this sort of behaviour within their ranks should be ashamed of themselves.

We should all be civil and polite to the people that we pay our taxes to for protection. And, it might do well for some of those collectors of our dollars to remind themselves of exactly who they work for.

And while we should be polite and civil, and I always am, it is never justiifcation for attempting murder. Mouthing off at a cop, your employee, is pretty stupid. Just as it would be if you hired a painter to paint your house or an electrician to fix the wiring and then mouthed off at them. But if you are that stupid, neither the painter, the electrician or any other hired hand should take it upon themselves to try and end the life of the stupid person who is mouthing off.

Seems that way to me anyway. But then what do I know???

If you are a police officer, don't defend this crap, get it fixed. Don't allow these criminals to remain on your force and if you do, get them some help. OK?

BigMeatballDave
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGXH-MwUt5E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGXH-MwUt5E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>Thats was funny. That dumb bitch deserved it.