PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the 4th of July Celebration!

Logical
07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays, not only because it is a time of summer weather, vacations, fireworks and picnics, but also because it is the one holiday that truly celebrates our country. On July 4, 1776, the Continental Congress adopted the United States Declaration of Independence, which set forth in its preamble, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

It was at this juncture that a small, ill-equipped, yet resolute group of farmers and merchants took up arms in the name of liberty. While you enjoy the parades and barbecues over this patriotic holiday, I encourage you to take a few moments to reflect on the sacrifices of those who have defended our “unalienable Rights” and fought to ensure that those beyond our shores have the opportunity to enjoy these same liberties, and remember those who continue to serve in harm’s way today.

Our world is full of around-the-clock images and symbols. I can think of none more powerful than our American flag. Be safe and have fun with your families and friends over the holiday! Enjoy..

luv
07-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Very nicely put.

sedated
07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
On July 4, 1776, the Continental Congress adopted the United States Declaration of Independence
It was at this juncture that a small, ill-equipped, yet resolute group of farmers and merchants took up arms in the name of liberty.

and now we just use it as an excuse to get sloppy shitfaced and light stuff on fire

HemiEd
07-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Good post logical. It used to be an automatic annual trek to the lake, boating ,drinking and partying for us.

One year, I was very fortunate to get my little brother to the EM, in time. He had ruptered his spleen, in a Jetski accident, with a pontoon boat.

Several years ago, I realized just how many accidents were happening to our family, and we quit going.

Now, we just set at home and try to keep our dog calmed down from all the illegal fireworks.

chagrin
07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes - this is not just a fun night out with pretty colors of Fireworks displays, it's good to see that patriotism shown here and everywhere.

Here's to the birthday of the United States Of Amercia!

http://tinyurl.com/yp52va

sedated
07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
on Saturday we got tired of putting the shells in the mortars, so we just lit them and threw 'em into the biggest crowd of people we could find.

there's nothing like the sounds of people scattering and screaming obscenities right before a gigantic explosion.

JohninGpt
07-02-2007, 01:40 PM
on Saturday we got tired of putting the shells in the mortars, so we just lit them and threw 'em into the biggest crowd of people we could find.

there's nothing like the sounds of people scattering and screaming obscenities right before a gigantic explosion.
You weren't at Disney World were you?

sedated
07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
You weren't at Disney World were you?

at one point I thought I was

luv
07-02-2007, 01:48 PM
LMAO

Discuss Thrower
07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I always celebrate the Fourth... With it being my birthday and all.

Ari Chi3fs
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
that was a cut and paste by Logical... he never uses different fonts! A Patriotic Fraud I say!

Hang him!

FAX
07-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Allow me to join you in that sentiment, Mr. Logical.

Still, the 4th always makes me a little sad as well because we, as a people, have fallen well short of the promise and potential set forth in the Declaration.

FAX

go bowe
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
good on you, mr. logical...

hope you have a safe and happy 4th...

and best wishes to you and your family...

go bowe
07-02-2007, 02:13 PM
and happy holiday to my favorite limerick king, too...

sorry 'bout using your patented "mr. username", but i used to use it fairly often, but the mantle has been passed to you...

CoMoChief
07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I plan on getting sloppy drunk with my friends and their dog out at the pool, probably gonna try and get some ass from the ladies that are there.

StcChief
07-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Happy and a safe 4th to all.

Logical
07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
that was a cut and paste by Logical... he never uses different fonts! A Patriotic Fraud I say!

Hang him!http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/hangmans_noose.gif

I don't think anyone on ChiefsPlanet is versed in a proper hangman's noose so I thought they might need help.

big nasty kcnut
07-02-2007, 06:13 PM
On july 4th america declare it's freedom from unlawful rule of the britsh. So we must celebrate our freedom and the soldiers who lay down thier lives to protect our freedom. We may have differant views and ways of living but in the end we are all Americans. happy fourth of july.

chagrin
07-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I like this

bogie
07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
My neighborhood has an annual parade, I believe this is the 35th year. We all meet at one house and follow a jeep playing loud patriotic music through the neighborhood. One year May West rode in the jeep. She's hot. Everyone gets decked out in red, white and blue, kids ride their decorated bikes, everyone brings their pets. There's usually 300 or 400 people. At the end of the parade we have a block party with a bunch of grills going and everyone brings there meat. It's quite cool.

Logical
07-02-2007, 08:01 PM
My neighborhood has an annual parade, I believe this is the 35th year. We all meet at one house and follow a jeep playing loud patriotic music through the neighborhood. One year May West rode in the jeep. She's hot. Everyone gets decked out in red, white and blue, kids ride their decorated bikes, everyone brings their pets. There's usually 300 or 400 people. At the end of the parade we have a block party with a bunch of grills going and everyone brings there meat. It's quite cool.

But did Mae West http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c4/She-done-him-wrong.jpg/220px-She-done-him-wrong.jpgride in your parade?

Bob Dole
07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
The Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays, not only because it is a time of summer weather, vacations, fireworks and picnics, but also because it is the one holiday that truly celebrates our country.

Except in Texarkana, where the dipshits in charge scheduled the celebration on June 30th.

Logical
07-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Except in Texarkana, where the dipshits in charge scheduled the celebration on June 30th.What do you expect from half-breed mixes of Texans and Arkansas denizens.

Logical
07-03-2007, 12:58 PM
http://i.gamerival.com/fullimages/5F7D11A3.gif

luv
07-03-2007, 01:15 PM
What are everyone's plans for the Fourth? Whatever you do, have fun and be safe!

Saulbadguy
07-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Nothing like celebrating the love for your country by blowing a small portion of it up.

chagrin
07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Nothing like celebrating the love for your country by blowing a small portion of it up.

??

Logical
07-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Nothing like celebrating the love for your country by blowing a small portion of it up.I am wondering whether there was something in the thread post which caused this post?

sedated
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
it's a joke. can't remember who said it, but it sounds familiar

Saulbadguy
07-03-2007, 09:06 PM
it's a joke. can't remember who said it, but it sounds familiar
George Carlin original.