PDA

View Full Version : Obama outraises Hillary by $10,000,000 in 2nd quarter!

jAZ
07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
This is huge news! I'm shocked that he pulled so much money in!

This really is big news. Hillary's fundrasing pool is limited by the fact that she has XX number of super wealthy contributors... but her pool is approaching being maxed out.

Obama on the other hand has a record breaking number of contributors who are typically smaller donors like myself who aren't maxed out.

This is really pretty amazing... and to be honest, I was fooled by the Obama emails. I really thought he was going to fall off in fundraising this quarter (in part, the reason for my previous thread).

I might have been wrong.

http://www.kansascity.com/449/story/173868.html

Barack Obama raises record $32.5 million
By JIM KUHNHENN
Associated Press Writer

Sen. Barack Obama outraised Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton by $10 million in second-quarter contributions that can be spent on the Democratic presidential primary contest, aided by the contributions of 154,000 individual donors.

Obama's campaign on Sunday reported raising at least $31 million for the primary contest and an extra $1.5 million for the general election from April through June, a record for a Democratic candidate.

Clinton's campaign announced late Sunday that she had raised $21 million for the primary. With general election contributions added, aides said her total sum would be "in the range" of $27 million. Candidates can only use general election money if they win their party's nomination.

Obama's whopping amount ensures his place as a top contender for the Democratic nomination. It steals the spotlight from Clinton, his main rival. And it establishes the two of them as the fundraising juggernauts of the entire presidential field.

Counting this quarter's surge of donors, the first-term senator from Illinois has received donations from more than 258,000 donors through the first half of the year, an extraordinary figure at this stage of the campaign. Obama raised $25.7 million in the first three months of the year.

"Together, we have built the largest grass-roots campaign in history for this stage of a presidential race," Obama said in a statement Sunday. "That's the kind of movement that can change the special interest-driven politics in Washington and transform our country. And it's just the beginning."

The Clinton campaign would not divulge its number of donors.

Meanwhile, Democrat John Edwards raised more than $9 million from April through June and relied on nearly 100,000 donors during the first half of the year.

The fundraising total met the campaign's stated goal but was about $5 million less than what he took in during the first three months of the year. The campaign has said it is on track to raise $40 million by the Iowa caucuses in January.

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson was at Edward's heels, with his campaign reporting more than $7 million raised. But Edwards' six-month total was $23 million, compared with more than $13 million for Richardson.

"Democrats are clearly engaging the public and expanding the donor base," Edwards deputy campaign manager Jonathan Prince said Sunday in reaction to Obama's fundraising.

He said the aim of the Edwards campaign was to attract more contributors by holding more small donor events to build a grass-roots network. "We feel we are exactly where we need to be," Edwards adviser Joe Trippi said. "This is not a money race, it's a race to win the nomination."

Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn., on Sunday reported raising $3.25 million in the quarter for his presidential campaign, bringing his total raised this year to $7.3 million. Dodd last quarter also transferred $4.7 million from his Senate campaign account. His campaign said he had $6.5 million cash on hand at the end of the quarter.

The figures that some campaigns released Sunday are estimates. Details of how much the campaigns raised and spent in the latest period will not be available until the candidates file financial reports with the Federal Election Commission by July 15.

While several Democrats revealed their total sums, Republicans were not expected to announce their figures until Monday or later in the week.

For Obama, vaulting ahead of Clinton in the money race is an important achievement. Despite broad public interest in Obama's candidacy, he trails the New York senator and former first lady in national polls. Polls show the contest to be closer in some key early states and Obama is leading in South Carolina.

Eric
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Bush was an outsider.

Look at his success.

outsiders can be worse than insiders.

Obama = scary

HolmeZz
07-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Bush was an outsider.

Look at his success.

outsiders can be worse than insiders.

Obama = scary

OBAMA = BUSH

jAZ
07-02-2007, 02:09 PM
OBAMA = BUSH
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/1139/run2.gif

Hog Farmer
07-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Gee,I wonder how much of that is being pulled in through terrorist organizations.

HolmeZz
07-02-2007, 03:18 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kb2EtzXqzJM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kb2EtzXqzJM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Pitt Gorilla
07-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Richardson is up 10 points in Iowa. He's not in front, but he's also not too far behind.

jAZ
07-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Gee,I wonder how much of that is being pulled in through terrorist organizations.
Thanks for opening the door...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/16/terror/main2488520.shtml

(CBS/AP) Terrorism charges brought Friday against the administrator of a loan investment program claimed that he secretly tried to send $152,000 to the Middle East to buy equipment such as night vision goggles for a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.

Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari, 53, of Ardsley, N.Y., pleaded not guilty in U.S. District Court in Manhattan to an indictment accusing him of terrorism financing, material support of terrorism and other charges. The charges carried a potential penalty of 95 years in prison.

The indictment said Alishtari tried to support terrorists between June and December by accepting an unspecified amount of money to transfer $152,000 that he believed was being sent to Pakistan and Afghanistan to support an Afghanistan terrorist training camp.

He believed the money would be used to fund the purchase of night vision goggles and other equipment, the indictment said.

He was also charged with money laundering for allegedly causing the transfer on Aug. 17 of about $25,000 from a bank account in New York to a bank account in Montreal, Canada. The money was to be used to provide material support to terrorist, prosecutors said.

The indictment also charged him with wire fraud conspiracy and wire fraud. It said he devised a scheme to administer and promote a fraudulent loan investment program known as "Flat Eletronic Data Interchange" through which Alishtari and others fraudulently obtained millions of dollars from investors by promising high guaranteed rates of return.

CBS News has confirmed that Alishtari is a donor to the Republican Party, as he claims on his curriculum vitae. Alishtari gave $15,500 to the National Republican Campaign Committee between 2002 and 2004, according to Federal Election Commission records. That amount includes $13,000 in 2003, a year when he claims to have been named NRCC New York State Businessman of the Year.

Alishtari also claims to be a lifetime member of the National Republican Senate Committee's Inner Circle, which the NRCC describes as "an impressive cross-section of American society community leaders, business executives, entrepreneurs, retirees, and sports and entertainment celebrities all of whom hold a deep interest in our nation's prosperity and security."

Hog Farmer
07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for opening the door...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/02/16/terror/main2488520.shtml
(CBS/AP) Terrorism charges brought Friday against the administrator of a loan investment program claimed that he secretly tried to send $152,000 to the Middle East to buy equipment such as night vision goggles for a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.

Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari, 53, of Ardsley, N.Y., pleaded not guilty in U.S. District Court in Manhattan to an indictment accusing him of terrorism financing, material support of terrorism and other charges. The charges carried a potential penalty of 95 years in prison.

The indictment said Alishtari tried to support terrorists between June and December by accepting an unspecified amount of money to transfer $152,000 that he believed was being sent to Pakistan and Afghanistan to support an Afghanistan terrorist training camp.

He believed the money would be used to fund the purchase of night vision goggles and other equipment, the indictment said.

He was also charged with money laundering for allegedly causing the transfer on Aug. 17 of about $25,000 from a bank account in New York to a bank account in Montreal, Canada. The money was to be used to provide material support to terrorist, prosecutors said.

The indictment also charged him with wire fraud conspiracy and wire fraud. It said he devised a scheme to administer and promote a fraudulent loan investment program known as "Flat Eletronic Data Interchange" through which Alishtari and others fraudulently obtained millions of dollars from investors by promising high guaranteed rates of return.

CBS News has confirmed that Alishtari is a donor to the OBAMA Campaign, as he claims on his curriculum vitae. Alishtari gave $15,500 to the Barak obama Campaign Committee between 2002 and 2004, according to Federal Election Commission records. That amount includes $13,000 in 2003, a year when he claims to have been named NRCC New York State Businessman of the Year.

Alishtari also claims to be a lifetime member of the Barak Obamas Inner Circle, which the NRCC describes as "an impressive cross-section of American society community leaders, business executives, entrepreneurs, retirees, and sports and entertainment celebrities all of whom hold a deep interest in our nation's prosperity and security."

Fixed it for ya!

jAZ
07-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Fixed it for ya!
Yeah, if only reality weren't such a kick in the balls, you wouldn't be forced to live in your own little partisan fantasy land, huh?

Hog Farmer
07-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Quit using such big words on me!

HolmeZz
07-02-2007, 03:59 PM
You're arguing with a caricature, jAZ.

Logical
07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Gee,I wonder how much of that is being pulled in through terrorist organizations.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolle yes:

With that kind of contribution you should just stay in the main forum.

recxjake
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
He's down in the polls, it will be interesting to see if he can beat her.

noa
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I just don't understand how Obama can raise all this dough and still be getting his ass whupped by Hillary in the polls. What's it going to take to bring her down??

ClevelandBronco
07-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I just don't understand how Obama can raise all this dough and still be getting his ass whupped by Hillary in the polls. What's it going to take to bring her down??

(CAVEAT: I'm not wishing for this to happen.)

The death of Bill Clinton.

jAZ
07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I just don't understand how Obama can raise all this dough and still be getting his ass whupped by Hillary in the polls.
Name recognition and the Bill Clinton campaign infrastruture.What's it going to take to bring her down??
Time, I suspect. And a media who doesn't favor the spectacle of Hillary Clinton over the rather mundane story of Obama.

go bowe
07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
i'm telling you that hussein will win the nomination in a close race with hillary...

as for the pub's, the only one who i really like at this point is ron paul, but that's not gonna happen and everybody knows it...

i kinda miss al sharpton, he was great fun in the debates last time around...

go bowe
07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
no kidding, i actually enjoyed listening to sharpton during the debates last time...

jAZ
07-02-2007, 10:43 PM
no kidding, i actually enjoyed listening to sharpton during the debates last time...
He's a lot sharper than people give him credit for. He's a great advocate for his cause, some of which I even agree with.

recxjake
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I just want to know how Democrats think they are going to win an election, in which all honesty they should do to Bush by running on rasing taxes, socialized healthcare, and reducing the patriot act.....

Logical
07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
no kidding, i actually enjoyed listening to sharpton during the debates last time...You answering yourself now John?

Logical
07-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I just want to know how Democrats think they are going to win an election, in which all honesty they should do to Bush by running on rasing taxes, socialized healthcare, and reducing the patriot act.....

I had to quote you because this post makes no sense at all and I want to see how you explain it.

jAZ
07-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Point out how irresponsible it was for the Republicans to steal from our children by borrow and spending for half a decade... the public already hates the current healthcare system and the patriot act ... those are big winners with the pubilc.

Pretty straightforward really.

recxjake
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Point out how irresponsible it was for the Republicans to steal from our children by borrow and spending for half a decade... the public already hates the current healthcare system and the patriot act ... those are big winners with the pubilc.

Pretty straightforward really.

You realize that the yearly budget deficit is going to be down close to 30% this year?

A little over 10% of the citizens in America don't have health insurance. So the other 90% should drop everything and have the govt run our health care?

Gov't Run Healthcare = the VA system.... terrible

After this weeks scare in terrorism, I would love to see them campaign on reducing efforts to stop attacks in the US.

Logical
07-02-2007, 11:45 PM
You realize that the yearly budget deficit is going to be down close to 30% this year?

A little over 10% of the citizens in America don't have health insurance. So the other 90% should drop everything and have the govt run our health care?

Gov't Run Healthcare = the VA system.... terrible

After this weeks scare in terrorism, I would love to see them campaign on reducing efforts to stop attacks in the US.

You truly are delusional if you don't realize the Patriot Act is a widespread loser amongst the American people.

memyselfI
07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm not shocked. There are large numbers of folks out there like myself who can't get into the idea of Hilary Clinton as POTUS. Unfortunately, I can't get into Obama either. :banghead:

HolmeZz
07-03-2007, 02:18 PM
You truly are delusional if you don't realize the Patriot Act is a widespread loser amongst the American people.

But it has the word Patriot in it!

Baby Lee
07-03-2007, 02:23 PM
ROFL ROFL - gobo tawkin' to hisseff!! Indeed, agreeing wif hisseff!!

dirk digler
07-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Just to note Obama is absolutely killing any Republican as far as donations and money. Rudy didn't even get half what Obama did.

jAZ
07-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Just to note Obama is absolutely killing any Republican as far as donations and money. Rudy didn't even get half what Obama did.
Wow... that's amazing.

Rudy $14M (primary)
Romney $14M (both)
McCain $9M (both)

Obama alone raised nearly as much as all 3 of them.