PDA

View Full Version : Friends who help you move

noa
07-02-2007, 07:02 PM
How do you reward them?

I gave one of my friends antifreeze after he broke a few of our dishes, but I'm trying to figure out what to give to my other friends who were helpful and didn't break anything.

Most of the people I've asked say pizza and beer, which is what I used to do, but my girlfriend had a couple of her lady friends show up to carry some light stuff and save us some time. I feel like pizza and beer isn't really fair for the ladies. I'll probably end up getting pizza and beer for the guys who helped, but I just wanted to know if any Planateers had good suggestions.

Much obliged.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Pizza and beer is the way to go. If I helped a bro out that is all I would expect/except.

morphius
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Pizza and beer is the way to go. If I helped a bro out that is all I would expect/except.
Yup.

ClevelandBronco
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
For the ladies: chocolate. Anything chocolate.

noa
07-02-2007, 07:05 PM

That's a good idea. Thanks.

stumppy
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Pizza and beer is fine
But the most important thing is to make sure you are around when it comes time for one of them to move.

RJ
07-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Pizza and beer and wine coolers. Problem solved.

noa
07-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Pizza and beer is fine
But the most important thing is to make sure you are around when it comes time for one of them to move.

Yeah, I've always helped my friends move in the past because I figured it was good karma and would eventually come back around, and it did this weekend. It was about as smooth as a move can be.

luv
07-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I prefer the pizza and beer.

Hydrae
07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I've always helped my friends move in the past because I figured it was good karma and would eventually come back around, and it did this weekend. It was about as smooth as a move can be.

So what did they do for you? Probably mostly the same group so this is a literal case of what goes around comes around.

eazyb81
07-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Beer and pizza is the way to go. Just remember to start drinking AFTER you move everything in - trust me.

Also, it's an unwritten rule that you must be willing to repay the favor to anyone that helps you move.

WilliamTheIrish
07-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Friends who help you move

..are the best friends of all....

stumppy
07-02-2007, 07:33 PM

One move I'll never forget was back in the 90's. Not that it was very far. Or that there was very much to move. The thing about it was the weather. It turns out we picked the coldest weekend of the friggin decade to move. The highest temp for those 3 days was a balmy - 2 degrees. And the coldest was - 12. I could hardly curl my fingers in order to pick anything up at times. What a nightmare.

CoMoChief
07-02-2007, 07:33 PM
How bout a nice good ol' fashion rim job from this lady?

luv
07-02-2007, 07:44 PM
That's just.....:shudder:

Simply Red
07-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Beer and pizza is the way to go. Just remember to start drinking AFTER you move everything in - trust me.

Also, it's an unwritten rule that you must be willing to repay the favor to anyone that helps you move.

Pretty much perfectly said.

ENDelt260
07-02-2007, 08:13 PM
No, those are the friends who will help you move bodies.

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2007, 08:15 PM
yep, moving freaking sucks. I hated helping friends move, but i did it for a very select few.

luv
07-02-2007, 08:16 PM
No, those are the friends who will help you move bodies.
Excellent.

LOCOChief
07-02-2007, 08:36 PM
cocaine and anabolic steroids (for the piano) Oh and pre pack the freaky shit in the underware drawer and contraband.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I'd probably give the chocolate away due to calories and fat content.
Make it diamonds for the ladies.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I prefer the pizza and beer.
I like you more every day.

edit... not trying to creep you out.

:)

Sure-Oz
07-02-2007, 10:25 PM
That is what my buddy did for us when we helped him move, good enough for me.

DomerNKC
07-02-2007, 10:28 PM
i usually get a paycheck for moving people...

KCChiefsMan
07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I just moved to OKC and my good friend came over and helped me move. Afterwards I told him lets go to a steak place, my treat of course. So we went to Texas Roadhouse and the waitress dropped off the check I reach for it the second it hits the table but he swiped it out from under me and immediately gave the waitress his credit card...I tried to give her mine but she went off with his. So the next week, we went out to a bar and I got him shit faced.

Guru
07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Pizza and beer is practically a requirement for Mover Appreciation.

Iowanian
07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm buying their gas(moving 150 miles) and I'll pick up the bar tab.

It would likely be alot cheaper to hire a mover than pay to get those hollow leg, drunken beer guts shitfaced.

Fat Elvis
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm buying their gas(moving 150 miles) and I'll pick up the bar tab.

It would likely be alot cheaper to hire a mover than pay to get those hollow leg, drunken beer guts shitfaced.

It isn't.

Iowanian
07-03-2007, 02:57 PM
you've obviously never seen my cousins guzzle beer or stuff their faces with shrimp until they were sweaty...just to prove a point.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2007, 03:00 PM
I just moved to OKC and my good friend came over and helped me move. Afterwards I told him lets go to a steak place, my treat of course. So we went to Texas Roadhouse and the waitress dropped off the check I reach for it the second it hits the table but he swiped it out from under me and immediately gave the waitress his credit card...I tried to give her mine but she went off with his. So the next week, we went out to a bar and I got him shit faced.

That's a damn good friend right there. I hope you've taken him to the bar and gotten shit faced many random times since then as well.

KCChiefsMan
07-03-2007, 03:05 PM
That's a damn good friend right there. I hope you've taken him to the bar and gotten shit faced many random times since then as well.

oh most definately, we went to a Chili's and picked up the tab there too

Hog Farmer
07-03-2007, 03:24 PM

I think I've seen her somewhere before.

Predarat
07-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Pizza and beer is fine
You posted that do I didn't have to! :clap:

noa
07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I'd probably give the chocolate away due to calories and fat content.
Make it diamonds for the ladies.

I only give diamonds to a lady when she is prepared to belittle me, berate me, and emasculate me for the rest of my life. :)