PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson City

PinkFloyd
07-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Whats there to do down there now days ??? Been afew years since I've been there... We're heading down later on in the month to play in the state softball tournament...

Mr. Kotter
07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Beer bongs and catchin' lightning bugs is always cool, according to locals there. ;)

PinkFloyd
07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Beer bongs and catchin' lightning bugs is always cool, according to locals there. ;)

Yeah... I think thats about all there is to do... Use to go to parties down by the river there when I was younger...

Mr. Kotter
07-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah... I think thats about all there is to do... Use to go to parties down by the river there when I was younger...

Sounds like my hometown (Leavenworth,) and a lot further from a real city than my hometown though. Heh.

When I got bored as a teen, at least I could go for a drive....cruise KC, and seriously, spend hours TRYING to get lost. :hmmm:

PinkFloyd
07-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I could go find a congressman at a bar and go drink and drive with him... We'll never go to jail incase we get pulled over...

I miss going to tournaments in Columbia... There was always somewhere to go in that town...

Rain Man
07-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I think the state softball tournament is going to be held there this month.

PinkFloyd
07-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I think the state softball tournament is going to be held there this month.

Why yes... Yes it is... That's why I'm making the trek down there...

Rain Man
07-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Why yes... Yes it is... That's why I'm making the trek down there...

Cool. Glad I could help.

PinkFloyd
07-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Cool. Glad I could help.

ROFL Maybe I'll find a team to play on...

epitome1170
07-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, I sadly grew up in Jeff City and lived there until I moved away to college. I also visit the family quite often still. Not a lot has changed sadly from being under 21 to over 21 in regards to things to do there though.

THere are a few bar/pool halls that a lot of people go to. Besides that: try to find a field party, try to find a friend with a nice house and entertainment room to hang out at, driving range and golf courses are close by if you are into that, a crappy movie theatre or two... thats about it.

One thing I do suggest though is stopping by Central Dairy ice cream shop and getting some ice cream... the best ever.

Good luck in finding more to do there than that. There really is not much there entertainment wise.

PastorMikH
07-03-2007, 10:34 PM
They have (or used to have) a decent alley there.

BTW, in 9 pin tonight I threw a pair of 300s with a bad game of 245 between them.

epitome1170
07-03-2007, 10:37 PM

BTW, in 9 pin tonight I threw a pair of 300s with a bad game of 245 between them.

Yeah the lanes are still there. I forgot about them. I don't go there though because 15 seconds of it and I smell like an ash tray... not really my thing.

If you are interested it is called Westgate Lanes and is off Ellis Blvd on the outer road off Hwy 54.

PastorMikH
07-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah the lanes are still there. I forgot about them. I don't go there though because 15 seconds of it and I smell like an ash tray... not really my thing.

If you are interested it is called Westgate Lanes and is off Ellis Blvd on the outer road off Hwy 54.

Oklahoma has banned smoking in public buildings pretty much state-wide so we can actually see the pins all night long.

My cousin uses the pro-shop guy there to do all of his drilling. I remember the lanes used to be kept in really good condition. It's been 10 years since I've thrown there though.

PinkFloyd
07-03-2007, 10:55 PM

It's only July and I'm burnt out of bowling... I've thrown approx. 375 games so far this year in tournaments...