PDA

View Full Version : Royals have 78 more games if they can win 45 of them they can go .500 this season!

chiefsfan1963
07-04-2007, 09:36 AM
They won 62 games last year and they are more than half way there with 36 wins. It will be pretty nice to see them get to .500 baseball or close to it. Remembering Amos Otis, Cookie Rojas, Ed Kirkpatrick, Paul Splittorff, Dick Drago, and Ted Abernathy!

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-04-2007, 09:48 AM
This team is such an improvement over recent years. You actually feel like they have a chance to win going into every game, especially after that road sweep of the Angels.

The young bats... Butler, Gordon, Teahen, German etc are starting to look like they could give us a real future... and I can't believe the way the pitching... and especially the bullpen has improved.

I'm actually starting to feel proud to tell people I'm a Royals fan... and it's really cool to have fans of other teams starting to acknowledge our talent. Two guys at work... one a Padre fan and one a Cardinal fan always come in and say something nice to me after a Royals win... which has been quite a bit lately.

Go OY!

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-04-2007, 09:50 AM
They won 62 games last year and they are more than half way there with 36 wins. It will be pretty nice to see them get to .500 baseball or close to it. Remembering Amos Otis, Cookie Rojas, Ed Kirkpatrick, Paul Splittorff, Dick Drago, and Ted Abernathy!
...and my all-time favorite player, Frank White.

VonneMarie
07-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Don't hold your breath...

keg in kc
07-04-2007, 10:03 AM
.500 is realistically out of reach, but 75 wins is not. Break the .500 barrier in '08 and then contend in '09. The team, if it continues to make good moves, could feasibly be good for a long time.

Dr. Van Halen
07-04-2007, 10:07 AM
This team is such an improvement over recent years. You actually feel like they have a chance to win going into every game, especially after that road sweep of the Angels.

The young bats... Butler, Gordon, Teahen, German etc are starting to look like they could give us a real future... and I can't believe the way the pitching... and especially the bullpen has improved.

I'm actually starting to feel proud to tell people I'm a Royals fan... and it's really cool to have fans of other teams starting to acknowledge our talent. Two guys at work... one a Padre fan and one a Cardinal fan always come in and say something nice to me after a Royals win... which has been quite a bit lately.

Go OY!

It's hard not to be an improvement over worst ever.

But hope for the future? Do you really think these guys will stay once their contracts are up? Glass might keep one of them, but we've seen with the Sweeney Fiasco that only keeping one doesn't really work.

I suspect your chums at work are maybe being a bit condescending and giving your Royals disingenuous praise.

SCTrojan
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Would love for them to go .500, but I think the horrible start will probably preclude that.

I agree - they are much better than Royal teams of recent vintage. I would be happy if they just won 70 games or so.

Chris Meck
07-04-2007, 02:41 PM
The idea that since prior regimes let all the good young players go so this one will too is hogwash.

They brought Dayton Moore in here to build a winner. I think the Glass's have realized that all they have to do to make money in KC baseball is put a good team on the field. I think the signing of Meche indicates that they get this.

We're about one quality starter and one upgrade at either LF, 1B, or 2B away from being a pretty good squad.

Demonpenz
07-04-2007, 02:50 PM
we will loose 100 because we are going to trade half the team away after the break

milkman
07-04-2007, 02:53 PM
...and my all-time favorite player, Frank White.

Good choice.

Valiant
07-04-2007, 03:03 PM
I would love to see .500 but realistically that means winning record each month.. June they had a .555 winning percentage they would need to average .580 win percentage just to hit .500 its going to be tough..

Dave Lane
07-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I really like the addition of Dayton Moore this team finally looks like it has a real plan and intends to stick to it. Pitching, defense, and scouting makes a very successful outcome possible.

Dave

BigMeatballDave
07-04-2007, 03:09 PM
They are improving. No question. April-8-18 May-11-17 June-15-12. I believe if this continues throughout the season they will make it to .500.

shrek6849
07-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Dr. Van Halen comes in to every baseball thread just to sh!t on it. Seriously, **** off.

chiefsfan1963
07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
They are improving. No question. April-8-18 May-11-17 June-15-12. I believe if this continues throughout the season they will make it to .500.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Dr. Van Halen comes in to every baseball thread just to sh!t on it. Seriously, **** off.
Ignore can be a good thing... or just ignoring.

Dr. Van Halen
07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I really like the addition of Dayton Moore this team finally looks like it has a real plan and intends to stick to it. Pitching, defense, and scouting makes a very successful outcome possible.

Dave

They tried to sign Milton Bradley. What part of the plan was that?

Dr. Van Halen
07-04-2007, 10:37 PM

I'm being a realist. I think some of you have such low expectations that you are swimming in the Kool-Aid.

Messier
07-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Why is everyone so defensive of the Royals? What have the Royals as an organization done for you as a fan in the last twenty years? Oh, they're not the worst team any more they're just bottom third? You know, a team should luck into being good every ten years or so. It's twenty-two and counting for the Royals, but defend away.

Coach
07-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Why is everyone so defensive of the Royals? What have the Royals as an organization done for you as a fan in the last twenty years? Oh, they're not the worst team any more they're just bottom third? You know, a team should luck into being good every ten years or so. It's twenty-two and counting for the Royals, but defend away.

1. Having a professional baseball team in KC during baseball season, where I can go and watch, regardless of who, what, and when.

2. It's a hell alot cheaper to get Royals tickets than to get Chiefs tickets. And for some people who are tight on the money, but still want to go out and watch a sporting event, there you go.

3. Royals got lucky in 2003, but that luck ran out, unfortunately. Still, 2003 was alot of fun for most Royal fans.

And finally, from Terrence Mann from Field of Dreams: "Ray. People will come, Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come."

It reminds me of my childhood when my father would listen to the game on radio, or for me running home from school, just in time to catch the last 4 innings and Denny Matthews making the call.

tk13
07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
It's soon going to be 40 and counting for the Chiefs, yet we're all still here.