PDA

View Full Version : What's with the medias love affair with steroid boy Merriman?

PunkinDrublic
07-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Yesterday I'm watching sportscenter, and guess who they decide to do their day in the life segment on? That roided up POS Ferriman. It's bad enough to see espn and other networks kiss this guys ass during football season but seeing, another feature on Ferriman and his supposedly unique boxing training regiman damn near made me put a bullet through my TV Elvis style. Ferriman will no doubt join the tradition of Howie Long, Mark Shlereth and Shannon Sharpe as players I hated who will get a cushy studio analyst job when their playing career is finished.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Breaking the rules is ok as long as you treat the media nice so they like you.

Fire Me Boy!
07-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Can he speak clearly? If so, he's already 4 steps ahead of Shannon Sharpe.

orange
07-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Yesterday I'm watching sportscenter, and guess who they decide to do their day in the life segment on? That roided up POS Ferriman. It's bad enough to see espn and other networks kiss this guys ass during football season but seeing, another feature on Ferriman and his supposedly unique boxing training regiman damn near made me put a bullet through my TV Elvis style. Ferriman will no doubt join the tradition of Howie Long, Mark Shlereth and Shannon Sharpe as players I hated who will get a cushy studio analyst job when their playing career is finished.

Hey, if you're going into Elvis mode, give me a Cadillac, will you?

Rooster
07-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Can he speak clearly? If so, he's already 4 steps ahead of Shannon Sharpe.

ROFL ROFL That is so true. You would think that a TV Network would make him do some kind of speech lessons.

Ultra Peanut
07-05-2007, 08:02 AM
HE KILL HIS FAMMILLLY

Braincase
07-05-2007, 08:09 AM
"So Shawn, is it easier to end somebody's career with a head shot with or without the juice?"

boogblaster
07-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Maybe LJ will run over the worm and end his career...

Buehler445
07-05-2007, 08:21 AM
"So Shawn, is it easier to end somebody's career with a head shot with or without the juice?"

"I'm going to have to say with steroids, Mr. Case, it gives you the extra boost you need to really end someones career."

DJJasonp
07-05-2007, 09:04 AM
It started with Chris Berman and his man crush he has for all things chargers....

and it builds from there....I think the chargers are the only exception to the rule for publicity for ESPN (East Coast Sports & Poker Network).

Chiefs Pantalones
07-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Maybe DJ should roid up so he can be a playmaker like Merriman? ;)

bobbything
07-05-2007, 09:25 AM
To ESPN's credit, you did watch it.

Sully
07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
To ESPN's credit, you did watch it.
Also, roids or not... cheap shots or not... he's still one of the top 3 or 4 defensive players in the league.

Frazod
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
HE KILL HIS FAMMILLLY

I should take out policies on them.

el borracho
07-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Is this a serious question? Merriman is a media dream; here are a few of the reasons why the media can't stop talking about him:

Merriman is a pro-bowl player
Merriman plays on one of the most talented Ds in the league
Merriman is animated
Merriman has been involved in dubious activity (steroid suspension)

Consistent1
07-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Also, roids or not... cheap shots or not... he's still one of the top 3 or 4 defensive players in the league.

Just a guy doing what everyone else is already doing, like it or not. He is a great player. I know the Chiefs fans are not going to like him, but still. I just don't know how these guys get caught on tests, and get made examples of. You just have to do the right things at the right time, and they can't get you for GH, which I think every player should do for healing, recovery, etc. It is expensive, but worth it. Hell, I wish I had the money for it at a low dosage. Merriman is a great one, just the truth.

Mile High Mania
07-05-2007, 01:45 PM
ESPN tried to get hooked up with Jared Allen, but he wouldn't leave the bar....

PunkinDrublic
07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Just a guy doing what everyone else is already doing, like it or not. He is a great player. I know the Chiefs fans are not going to like him, but still. I just don't know how these guys get caught on tests, and get made examples of. You just have to do the right things at the right time, and they can't get you for GH, which I think every player should do for healing, recovery, etc. It is expensive, but worth it. Hell, I wish I had the money for it at a low dosage. Merriman is a great one, just the truth.

Bottom line the guys a ****ing cheater.

OctoberFart
07-05-2007, 04:09 PM
ESPN tried to get hooked up with Jared Allen, but he wouldn't leave the bar....

I heard they tried to get LJ and his whole crew but he was too busy at the night clubs in NY hanging with JayZ thuggin out.

GoHuge
07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
He's just a boob. "I made some mistakes and I gotta take responsibility for what goes in my body" He told the same sob story they all do "I was taking some supplements" when this happened. He's the whipping boy for six weeks and then because he's a football player......

PBJ ESPN Sportscenter Special PBJ

Next up will be Cribs and Funk Master Flex's Pimp My Ride :rockon:

It's amazing how fast Roids are forgotten about and dismissed in the NFL. The Commish cracks down on all these guys making the league look bad with there off the feild crap and does it with a boom. Season long suspensions, 8-games, whatever.

But if you actually CHEAT, it's four games and hurry back to help your team. We gotta get you back by the time the playoffs start. We've got games to win!!!

macdawg
07-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Merriman literally said he was a victim in one of his interviews. Such a liar, good player, as a person he's a steaming pile of shit for cheating, getting caught, then lying about cheating.

Tribal Warfare
07-05-2007, 05:49 PM

Let see how he does when he's off the juice, because I bet he won't talk about how he's a better passrusher compared to LT, Reggie White, Derrick Thomas ect.......