PDA

View Full Version : I know we have several ex-jw's (current ones too?) on this board...

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 05:08 AM
... just wondering how many of you are from or in Wichita or Hutch. I've been out for several years and would like to know if there is anyone I know on here from my "past life".

I attended the Wichita West, North Spanish, and Prairie Park Halls.

I was a JW in Wichita from 1992-2002

HemiEd
07-05-2007, 06:33 AM
What is a jw? I lived in DooDah 51-52, 58-68, 73-96, and I plan on returning.

chagrin
07-05-2007, 06:36 AM
can you be an ex jew?

Count Alex's Losses
07-05-2007, 07:06 AM
What is a jw?.

Jehovah's Witnesses.

HemiEd
07-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Jehovah's Witnesses.

Thanks, I would have never guessed that.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Jehovah's Witnesses.

That would be correct. Sorry... should have been more specific.

KC-TBB
07-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I think I kicked a few ex-jw's off my porch once.

Fish
07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I was packing my truck getting ready for a camping trip a few weeks ago, and the JWs came into my driveway to give me a Watchtower pamphlet... I said "thanks for the kindling, this oughta burn, can I have a few more?".... they were not amused....

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Jehovah Witnesses usually get the treatment when they ask me "if I have found God" over the phone....at the front door is even better.

If you really want to throw them for a loop...be courteous and nice to them...answer every question thay have with something along the lines of "man used science to figure that out."

Better yet...Tell them you are an atheist.

Even better....Tell them you are Satanic. Have copies of the necronomicon laying on the coffee table. Offer them some Cherry Koolaid, but have a few roadkill carcasses in the backyard, in plain sight, with a bloody knife on the table. Draw pentagrams on the floor in chalk. Make sure all the lights are off when they enter your house, all the blinds drawn shut, and nothing but candles lit...then say "you are just in time for the sacrifice, after I show you my God then you can talk about yours."

LiL stumppy
07-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Jehovah Witnesses usually get the treatment when they ask me "if I have found God" over the phone....at the front door is even better.

If you really want to throw them for a loop...be courteous and nice to them...answer every question thay have with something along the lines of "man used science to figure that out."

Even better....Tell them you are Satanic. Have copies of the necronomicon laying on the coffee table. Offer them some Cherry Koolaid, but have a few roadkill carcasses in the backyard, in plain sight, with a bloody knife on the table. Draw pentagrams on the floor in chalk. Make sure all the lights are off when they enter your house, all the blinds drawn shut, and nothing but candles lit...then say "you are just in time for the sacrifice, after I show you my God then you can talk about yours."

Yea, thats hilarious
:rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I haven't found a Watch Tower on my front door in a long time. Not that I'm complaining mind you

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Yea, thats hilarious

everyone cant be as funny as you

Fire Me Boy!
07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
At my apartment years ago when a couple came to my house, as soon as I answered the door I told them "Hang on." And I ran... RAN... to the bedroom and came back with a 1000-page, 21x18 hardcover Scientology book and a paperback Dianetics and started "preaching" to them.

I picked BOTH of those books up for 25-cents for this purpose. They never came back.

LiL stumppy
07-05-2007, 12:37 PM
everyone cant be as funny as you

I know, so you shouldn't attempt to be.

88TG88
07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Slamming the door in their face always works.

Mr. Plow
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm in Hutch, but I never answer my door or phone.

JBucc
07-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I just ignore them most of the time. Even if I'm sitting in the living room with the tv on and in plain site from the front door I'll just pretend I don't know they're there. They only come by once or twice a year though.

CoMoChief
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Yea, thats hilarious

Actually, that is pretty funny.

LiL stumppy
07-05-2007, 01:22 PM
No, not really. Its not even creative.

MOhillbilly
07-05-2007, 01:25 PM

theres a few JWs out in the willard area. hit a personal nerve?

stumppy
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
theres a few JWs out in the willard area. hit a personal nerve?
I'm sure it did a bit. His mother and her family are JW's.
Generally speaking when somone is talking shit about a persons mother and/or her beliefs it tends to piss a person off.

HemiEd
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I have nothing against them, they always leave me alone when I tell them I am not interested.

I kind of admire them for doing what they think is right.

stumppy
07-05-2007, 01:29 PM

ChiefaRoo
07-05-2007, 01:40 PM
... just wondering how many of you are from or in Wichita or Hutch. I've been out for several years and would like to know if there is anyone I know on here from my "past life".

I attended the Wichita West, North Spanish, and Prairie Park Halls.

I was a JW in Wichita from 1992-2002

If you come on my porch with your silly views about God I'll drive you off with my trusty pressure washer. However, I would like to see a JW and Mormon missionary duking it out in a religious "spectacular"

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:43 PM
If you come on my porch with your silly views about God I'll drive you off with my trusty pressure washer. However, I would like to see a JW and Mormon missionary duking it out in a religious "spectacular"

Did you even bother to read what I wrote?

I *USED* TO BE A JW.

Read before you post dipshit.

ChiTown
07-05-2007, 01:45 PM

I *USED* TO BE A JW.

Honest question:

What does it mean to be an "ex JW"? Did you get kicked out or did you just leave the Church. tks

Simplex3
07-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Slamming the door in their face always works.
Not answering it works even better. We have an 7ft tall window beside the door, when I walk up to the door and see them I wait until they make eye contact, then I turn around and walk back into the living room.

:)

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Honest question:

What does it mean to be an "ex JW"? Did you get kicked out or did you just leave the Church. tks

I left on my own though I am sure i was disfellowshipped after I left since I joined the Army. Either that or they said that I desaccociated myself or sumthin.

I made the decision to leave because I no longer believed what they were teaching.

ChiefaRoo
07-05-2007, 01:47 PM

I *USED* TO BE A JW.

So what are you now? Some kind of Methodist?

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:47 PM
So what are you now? Some kind of Methodist?
WTF?

I go to a Lutheran Church on occasion but I belong to no demonination or church.

Simplex3
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I work with a guy who's trying to get excommunicated from the Catholic church. He says they're supposed to send him a certificate. That's cool as hell.

ChiefaRoo
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
WTF?

I go to a Lutheran Church on occasion but I belong to no demonination or church.

Good for you. Glad you traded in your white dress shirt and quit pestering people.

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Actually it is.

Besides...if you or your mom are practicing Jehova Witnesses...why would you be posting on the planet...or even watching the Chiefs?

Dont you have a holiday to ignore? A birthday to not celebrate?

Jehovas Witnesses are just an extension of Satan

Der Flöprer
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Actually it is.

Besides...if you or your mom are practicing Jehova Witnesses...why would you be posting on the planet...or even watching the Chiefs?

LMAO Now that is f*ckin hilarious. Assuming of course that you are kidding.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Actually it is.

he said that his mom is a JW... not him. Even then, what does his mom being a witness have anything to do with him posting on here?

MOhillbilly
07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
WTF?

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
LMFAO - typo

SLAG
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
I work with a guy who's trying to get excommunicated from the Catholic church. He says they're supposed to send him a certificate. That's cool as hell.

From what I understand there are 2 Types of Excommunication..

neither deem a certificate

and both can be removed as long as he was to recant

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
he said that his mom is a JW... not him. Even then, what does his mom being a witness have anything to do with him posting on here?

Isnt cursing frowned upon in the Jehova Witness circles?!?!

Wow...you are fast..but not fast enough that I didnt see a "go f*** yourself bud"

stumppy
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Actually it is.

Thats some more of your business isn't it.

ChiTown
07-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I left on my own though I am sure i was disfellowshipped after I left since I joined the Army. Either that or they said that I desaccociated myself or sumthin.

I made the decision to leave because I no longer believed what they were teaching.

Thanks for the info

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Isnt cursing frowned upon in the Jehova Witness circles?!?!

yeah... so?

He is not a witness and neither am I.

Simplex3
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
From what I understand there are 2 Types of Excommunication..

neither deem a certificate

and both can be removed as long as he was to recant
Well, if there's no certificate then I'm not going to join the Catholic church and quit, then.

ChiefaRoo
Did you guys ever see the scene in Reno 911 where the burly JW puts the cop in a headlock until he converts? Good stuff.

Redrum_69
yeah... so?

"I was a JW in Wichita from 1992-2002"

Did you get in because of a chick and then married her...only to get a divorce and then be stuck in that religion....or did your mom excommunicate you too

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah... so?

Or did you get kicked out...

Simplex3
yeah... so?

As an atheist buddhist I can give you all a hearty "f**k you", no problem.

Ebolapox
so, what's up with the 'no windows in kingdom hall' thing?

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
"I was a JW in Wichita from 1992-2002"

Did you get in because of a chick and then married her...only to get a divorce and then be stuck in that religion....or did your mom excommunicate you too

I was a witness from 1987-2002. I was in wichita from 1992-2002. I left when I was 22.

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
so, what's up with the 'no windows in kingdom hall' thing?

So people cant see the satanic orgies inside with the Mormons and the Masons

SLAG
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
http://www.catholicxjw.com/

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Or did you get kicked out...

Things usually work alot more smoothly on a forum when people actually read through the thread. :D

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4061074&postcount=28

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I was a witness from 1987-2002. I was in wichita from 1992-2002. I left when I was 22.

why would you leave after 15 years?

I bet buying birthday presents, Christmas presents, Valentines day presents, and every other holiday is making you reconsider....

MOhillbilly
07-05-2007, 02:02 PM
So people cant see the satanic orgies inside with the Mormons and the Masons

so how much did you have to pay mammasan to rent your drinky girl?

Redrum_69
07-05-2007, 02:02 PM
wtf is "desaccociated"

Disassociated?

ChiTown
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
ROFL

Holy crap, that's funny

Simplex3
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
http://www.catholicxjw.com/
http://objectiveministries.org/

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:05 PM
why would you leave after 15 years?

I bet buying birthday presents, Christmas presents, Valentines day presents, and every other holiday is making you reconsider....

Because I no longer believed the stuff they were teaching. I felt further away from God than I had ever felt in my life. My whole life was devoted to this organization that had proclaimed the end of the world (armageddon) 5 times or so in their entire history.

They proved themselves to be false prophets. I found out that they were members of the United Nations as an NGO (non government organization). This is the same organization that they call the "scarlet colored wild beast". They preach how we should be no part of this world... how we cannot have ANYTHING to do with "worldly" people and organizations. Yet they can be a MEMBER of the UN?

Bullshit.

That among much more is why I left after 15 years. After giving up my childhood and adolecent life.... after putting in 90 hours a fecking month knocking on doors for 3 years.

I have alot of wasted life that I need to get back.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:05 PM
wtf is "desaccociated"

Disassociated?

Yeah.... typo.

ChiefaRoo
07-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Things usually work alot more smoothly on a forum when people actually read through the thread. :D

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4061074&postcount=28

Did you get thrown out for whipping your shit out in front of hot converts? I'm just askin.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Did you get thrown out for whipping your shit out in front of hot converts? I'm just askin.

LMFAO - Nope... I was overly shy back then.

88TG88
07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Not answering it works even better. We have an 7ft tall window beside the door, when I walk up to the door and see them I wait until they make eye contact, then I turn around and walk back into the living room.

:)
ROFL

Fish
07-05-2007, 02:14 PM
JW lacks excitement....

Do we have any Scientoligists around? I'd think that would make for a much more interesting thread....

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
JW lacks excitement....

Do we have any Scientoligists around? I'd think that would make for a much more interesting thread....

LMFAO

We could ask them if they have met Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Kirstie Alley!!! As we all know... people in strange religions always know everyone else in them!

ROFL

Fish
07-05-2007, 02:17 PM
LMFAO

We could ask them if they have met Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Kirstie Alley!!! As we all know... people in strange religions always know everyone else in them!

ROFL

And you always have that conversation starter.... "So... what level are you?"

and... "Have you gotten rid of those pesky alien ghosts yet?"

ChiTown
07-05-2007, 02:17 PM
JW lacks excitement....

"Paging Tom Cruise and John Travolta, please come to front office of ChiefsPlanet............"

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
And you always have that conversation starter.... "So... what level are you?"

and... "Have you gotten rid of those pesky alien ghosts yet?"

LMFAO

I did a show with Kirstie at the Orphium in Wichita. She was talking about the different levels and such. I honestly did not know that she was talking about scientology until after the show when someone enlightened me. I was there for the kick ass swing band that she had flown in from England. :D

cdcox
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
WTF?

What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's witness with a Lutheran?

Someone who will knock on your door, but won't say anything if you answer it.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
What do you get when you cross a Jehovah's witness with a Lutheran?

Someone who will knock on your door, but won't say anything if you answer it.

Meh?

Frazod
07-05-2007, 02:33 PM

Yeah, I guess it would be. LMAO

Der Flöprer
07-05-2007, 02:35 PM

LMAO

Dave Lane
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM

OMG :)

Dave

Dave Lane
07-05-2007, 02:42 PM
http://objectiveministries.org/

OK since we are doing religious websites I'll add mine

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com

Dave

cdcox
07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Meh?

I thought maybe you had hung out around enough Lutherans to appreciate the joke. Historically, Lutherans in America come from German or Scandinavian background and tend to keep their opinions to themselves. Not exactly the proselytizing type.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought maybe you had hung out around enough Lutherans to appreciate the joke. Historically, Lutherans in America come from German or Scandinavian background and tend to keep their opinions to themselves. Not exactly the proselytizing type.

Ahhhhh.... sorry i ruined the joke for ya. lol

Thig Lyfe
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I was hoping this thread would be about the past lives of Jason Whitlock.

Count Alex's Losses
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Yea, thats hilarious

It's hilarious as hell. You're brainwashed.

Count Alex's Losses
07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
As far as the no windows in Kingdom Halls, I believe it's simply done to make quick builds easier. I don't like Jehovah's Witnesses, but they sure can construct a building in a hurry. It's amazing. The Holy Spirit, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

trndobrd
07-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Because I no longer believed the stuff they were teaching. I felt further away from God than I had ever felt in my life. My whole life was devoted to this organization that had proclaimed the end of the world (armageddon) 5 times or so in their entire history.

They proved themselves to be false prophets. I found out that they were members of the United Nations as an NGO (non government organization). This is the same organization that they call the "scarlet colored wild beast". They preach how we should be no part of this world... how we cannot have ANYTHING to do with "worldly" people and organizations. Yet they can be a MEMBER of the UN?

Bullshit.

That among much more is why I left after 15 years. After giving up my childhood and adolecent life.... after putting in 90 hours a fecking month knocking on doors for 3 years.

I have alot of wasted life that I need to get back.

Joining the Army was the answer to getting your adolecence back?

Count Alex's Losses
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Joining the Army was the answer to getting your adolecence back?

I don't blame him. There's no doubt the army brainwashes it's soldiers, but the JWs do the same to their sheep. If one form of brainwashing can remove another, I'm all for it, especially if it's a more useful form of brainwashing. I'm guessing pr_capone has gained more from his Army experience than he did singing Kingdom Melodies.

trndobrd
07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't blame him. There's no doubt the army brainwashes it's soldiers, but the JWs do the same to their sheep. If one form of brainwashing can remove another, I'm all for it, especially if it's a more useful form of brainwashing. I'm guessing pr_capone has gained more from his Army experience than he did singing Kingdom Melodies.

I've done both, but didn't join one organization as a reaction to the other. Seemed kind of strange.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I've done both, but didn't join one organization as a reaction to the other. Seemed kind of strange.

I always said that if I had not been a witness, I would have joined the military. I was no longer a witness.... so I joined the military.

Demonpenz
07-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I just come out in the nude. Nothing wrong with being at your own house naked

trndobrd
07-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I always said that if I had not been a witness, I would have joined the military. I was no longer a witness.... so I joined the military.

Fair enough. Just so long as your recruiter wasn't telling you that the Army is a good way to recapture your youth. (although I have done some pretty juveinille things while in uniform)

LiL stumppy
07-06-2007, 12:28 AM
It's hilarious as hell. You're brainwashed.

Please explain this to me. I am not a JW, I am not baptized. So how am I "brainwashed." I have been to a few churches because I was raised 50/50. I do remember going to church, and a band their screaming "I LOVE JESUS" at the top of their longs, while throwing boxes of cereal into the crowd, as I went to get one, a man riped it out of my hands. I was watching TV the other night as they caught one of those "preachers" that heal you after he calls you up to stage, needless to say he had an ear peace in his ear while a lady was telling him which people to pick who they hired. Also, recently if I recall, I saw a picture of the POPE shanking Hitlers hand? Yes, that makes alot of sense. But so does a condolence, I mean, why do whats right when your Catholic and can just pay your way to heaven and pay your sins away? Or, on the other hand, the JW's, who are the nicest, most classy people I have EVER met, whether you know them or not. And anyone who says the teachings are "insane" or what ever you say is ridiculous, you either have no idea what your talking about, or have from the start had a hatred for no reason towards the JW's. But please, explain to me how I AM the one that is brainwashed??

LiL stumppy
07-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Actually it is.

You don't even make sense. Seriously, just quit talking while your ahead. My 3 old cousin could honestly come up with something better than that. I mean, "don't you have a holiday to ignore" ????? Yea, good one, you got me. Let me get back to that.

trndobrd
07-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Please explain this to me. I am not a JW, I am not baptized. So how am I "brainwashed." I have been to a few churches because I was raised 50/50. I do remember going to church, and a band their screaming "I LOVE JESUS" at the top of their longs, while throwing boxes of cereal into the crowd, as I went to get one, a man riped it out of my hands. I was watching TV the other night as they caught one of those "preachers" that heal you after he calls you up to stage, needless to say he had an ear peace in his ear while a lady was telling him which people to pick who they hired. Also, recently if I recall, I saw a picture of the POPE shanking Hitlers hand? Yes, that makes alot of sense. But so does a condolence, I mean, why do whats right when your Catholic and can just pay your way to heaven and pay your sins away? Or, on the other hand, the JW's, who are the nicest, most classy people I have EVER met, whether you know them or not. And anyone who says the teachings are "insane" or what ever you say is ridiculous, you either have no idea what your talking about, or have from the start had a hatred for no reason towards the JW's. But please, explain to me how I AM the one that is brainwashed??

Although I've never understood why, GoChiefs has an extraordinary amount of animosity on this issue.

Personally, I wouldn't characterize JWs as brainwashing in a traditional sense (using systematic mental and physical pressure to make someone believe something they don't want to, and do things that would normally be against their will...see Pol Pot's reeducation camps).

In my experience, their behavior (although not their theology) is similar to many Christian denominations in the U.S.: using peer pressure to encourage 'positive' behavior, repetive songs, public displays of committment, etc.

I should also add they are one of only two churches that I've attended where someone didn't put a plate in front of me and stare while expecting me to put money in it.

Count Alex's Losses
07-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Please explain this to me. I am not a JW, I am not baptized.

Ah. I assumed otherwise. Good for you. I won't give you shit anymore.

And anyone who says the teachings are "insane" or what ever you say is ridiculous, you either have no idea what your talking about,

Well, not exactly. The teachings are pretty much a load of bullshit. I was a JW until I was 19 so I think you should defer to me on this topic.

pr_capone
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Although I've never understood why, GoChiefs has an extraordinary amount of animosity on this issue.

Though never baptized in the religion, he did attend for several years of his life

Personally, I wouldn't characterize JWs as brainwashing in a traditional sense (using systematic mental and physical pressure to make someone believe something they don't want to, and do things that would normally be against their will...see Pol Pot's reeducation camps).

Yes and no. They STONGLY discourage any association with anyone who is not a JW. It gets to the point where your only association is within the religion.

The trap here is that if you step a toe out of line, you run the risk of being shunned by everyone who makes up your entire world. That is a VERY scary thought for someone like me who had grown up in the religion and that is all I had ever known.

In my experience, their behavior (although not their theology) is similar to many Christian denominations in the U.S.: using peer pressure to encourage 'positive' behavior, repetive songs, public displays of committment, etc.

Agreed. For the most part, the people who make up the congregation are some of the nicest, if not most misguided people, on earth today. The big difference being that they usually are only charitable within their own group.

I should also add they are one of only two churches that I've attended where someone didn't put a plate in front of me and stare while expecting me to put money in it.

Sure they don't openly ask for money by passing a collection plate. But nearly every "Theocratic Ministry School" which is the meeting held during the week, you can hear them talking about how they need donations for the "World Wide Work".

Also, they require roughly 10 hours a month of door knocking time (which they claim to be roughly the national average). Any less than that and you run the risk of being labled "inactive".

Personally... I would rather write a check than have to go knocking on peoples doors at 9 in the morning on a saturday.

Count Alex's Losses
07-06-2007, 09:47 AM
\
Also, they require roughly 10 hours a month of door knocking time (which they claim to be roughly the national average). Any less than that and you run the risk of being labled "inactive".
\

Yeah. Don't they announce that status in front of the whole congregation, too? I seem to remember they did. Like everyone needs to be alerted. Shepherding call!!!

pr_capone
07-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah. Don't they announce that status in front of the whole congregation, too? I seem to remember they did. Like everyone needs to be alerted. Shepherding call!!!

No... that is if you have been publicly reproved. Usually reserved for the dregs of the hall or when a high profile member does something REALLY wrong but is "repentant".

SLAG
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Also, recently if I recall, I saw a picture of the POPE shanking Hitlers hand? Yes, that makes alot of sense.
But so does a condolence, I mean, why do whats right when your Catholic and can just pay your way to heaven and pay your sins away?

Id really like to see that picture.. it was probably from when The Holy Father was in the Hitler youth (and that was required for any young german man to Join- he only joined because he was forced)

and also i'd like to know where catholics pay their sins away and what is your basis for this, and where exactly does the Catholic church say that you can pay your way to heaven...

Thanks

pr_capone
07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Id really like to see that picture.. it was probably from when The Holy Father was in the Hitler youth (and that was required for any young german man to Join- he only joined because he was forced)

I think these are the pics he is talking about

http://www.burningcross.net/inquisition/hitler-pope/hitler-cardinal.jpg

http://www.remnantofgod.org/NaziRCC/hitler4.jpg

http://www.remnantofgod.org/NaziRCC/hitler-rcc4.bmp

http://www.remnantofgod.org/NaziRCC/NaziPriestsSaluteHitler.jpg

and also i'd like to know where catholics pay their sins away and what is your basis for this, and where exactly does the Catholic church say that you can pay your way to heaven...

Thanks

Well.... they used to do that. That is part of what Luther was in a tizzy over. Maybee that is what he was talking about?

Count Alex's Losses
07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Just more proof that Catholicism is a load of bullshit. The Pope was obviously shaking hands because he was scared shitless of the nazis like everyone else in Europe at the time. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!?!

trndobrd
07-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Personally... I would rather write a check than have to go knocking on peoples doors at 9 in the morning on a saturday.

Thanks. After 10 years I sort of developed a passing familiarity with most of it. I'm not attempting to be an apologist because, frankly, if I believed or cared I wouldn't have left 20 years ago.

I was responding to some of the angry statements, including GoChef's suggestion that they engage in brainwashing. My point is, after attending a number of different churches over the years, that JWs are really in the middle of the pack. Now that I've heard some of my wife's stories about the manipulation going on in her youth group at a large, prominent evangelical church, I'm even more convinced.

My point regarding money is that people were not asked to give beyond their means or to give publicly. Yes, it is easier to write a check. As I recall, that was the point.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Just more proof that Catholicism is a load of bullshit. The Pope was obviously shaking hands because he was scared shitless of the nazis like everyone else in Europe at the time. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!?!

the pope was not pictured in any of those pictures..

and what martin luther complained about was about folks buying indulgences, once upper vatican officals found out of the widespread sale of indulgences they put a stop to that a VERY very long time ago

also people forget how many Catholic priests died under hitler as well

pr_capone
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
the pope was not pictured in any of those pictures..

Actually.... I think it is the pope in the 3rd picture down, and the guy in the first was a cardinal who later became pope.

and what martin luther complained about was about folks buying indulgences, once upper vatican officals found out of the widespread sale of indulgences they put a stop to that a VERY very long time ago

No, what Luther complained about was the church SELLING indulgences. Big difference.

That is one of the major things that sparked the Protestant Reformation.

Also, Luther kick started things in 1517. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformation)

The Vatican officially stopped selling indulgances in 1567 - By decree of Pope Pius V in 1567, following the Council of Trent, it is forbidden to attach the receipt of an indulgence to any financial act, including the giving of alms. In addition, the only punishment remitted by an indulgence is existing punishment, that is, for sins already committed.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgences)

Also.... the pope himself was the one pushing the sale of indulgences in order to fund the basillica

In 1517, Pope Leo X offered indulgences for those who gave alms to rebuild St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. The aggressive marketing practices of Johann Tetzel in promoting this cause provoked Martin Luther to write his 95 theses, protesting what he saw as the purchase and sale of salvation. - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgences)

SLAG
07-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Actually.... I think it is the pope in the 3rd picture down, and the guy in the first was a cardinal who later became pope.

the guy in the 3rd picture could not be pope as he is not wearing a white cassock... only the pope wears the white cassock...

re the first picture : That means he was NOT pope when the picture was taken and that means that the Pope was not pictured shaking hands

No, what Luther complained about was the church SELLING indulgences. Big difference.

That is one of the major things that sparked the Protestant Reformation.

Also, Luther kick started things in 1517. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformation)

The Vatican officially stopped selling indulgances in 1567 - By decree of Pope Pius V in 1567, following the Council of Trent, it is forbidden to attach the receipt of an indulgence to any financial act, including the giving of alms. In addition, the only punishment remitted by an indulgence is existing punishment, that is, for sins already committed.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgences)

Also.... the pope himself was the one pushing the sale of indulgences in order to fund the basillica

In 1517, Pope Leo X offered indulgences for those who gave alms to rebuild St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. The aggressive marketing practices of Johann Tetzel in promoting this cause provoked Martin Luther to write his 95 theses, protesting what he saw as the purchase and sale of salvation. - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgences)

yes they were given for sale at first but not for means of salvation... like you said to fund the building of the new church..... unfortunatly most of the faithful did not understand that.. granted probably most of the bishops were corrupt and misled the faithfu... once it started getting out of hand it was stopped.. then it was offically arbogatted at the council of trent so that it would prevent such a thing from happening in the future...

even today we have evil and corrupt bishops ( Diocese of Orange for example) but we have great ones too ( Diocese of KC-St. Jo)

pr_capone
07-06-2007, 11:12 AM
That means he was NOT pope when the picture was taken and that means that the Pope was not pictured shaking hands

I'm not arguing that at all... I was merely trying to give you the pics that I thought he was talking about.

yes they were given for sale at first but not for means of salvation... like you said to fund the building of the new church..... unfortunatly most of the faithful did not understand that.. granted probably most of the bishops were corrupt and misled the faithfu... once it started getting out of hand it was stopped.. then it was offically arbogatted at the council of trent so that it would prevent such a thing from happening in the future...

I think you missed my point. First, you had stated that once the higher ups found out, they put a stop to it.

"once upper vatican officals found out of the widespread sale of indulgences they put a stop to that"

First, people ABOVE "upper vatican officials" were the ones pushing the sale of the indulgances. And sure they stopped selling them.... 50 years after it was brought to their attention.

Also, lets look at the definition of an indulgance.

Indulgence, in Roman Catholic theology, is the (full or partial) remission of temporal punishment due to sins which have already been forgiven. The indulgence is granted by the church after the sinner has confessed and received absolution. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgences

So basically.... they were SELLING time out of purgatory as a fund raiser for the basilica. How could that not possibly be anything but wrong!

Here is an example of what they were doing...

Johann Tetzel (1465 – August 11, 1519) was a German Dominican friar remembered for selling indulgences using the catchy line, "As soon a coin in coffer rings, the soul from purgatory springs." [2] Tetzel even went as far as creating a chart that listed a price for each type of sin and claiming that the indulgences he sold could save a soul who violated the Virgin Mary. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Tetzel

SLAG
07-06-2007, 11:26 AM
And sure they stopped selling them.... 50 years after it was brought to their attention.

i'm not going to deny that selling of indulgences is wrong.... but I do think it was stopped before the 50 year mark... at the 50 year mark the council of trent was held in response to the reformation... it was at that time they made it clear that selling of such things was never to happen again..

pr_capone
07-06-2007, 11:38 AM
i'm not going to deny that selling of indulgences is wrong.... but I do think it was stopped before the 50 year mark... at the 50 year mark the council of trent was held in response to the reformation... it was at that time they made it clear that selling of such things was never to happen again..

TBH, for all I know you could be right. I do not know exactly what date they stopped the practice of selling indulgences.

I realize that all this stuff took place a LONG time ago, but history in religion is, to me anyways, more important than what is taking place today.

Learning about the history of the witnesses is what helped me break free from them. Had it not been for that, I would prolly be at your doorstep right now trying to give you a Watchtower and Awake magazine. LOL

I am glad that you and I could have this conversation without the feces throwing that usually takes place in religious threads.

cheers SLAG

SLAG
07-06-2007, 11:43 AM
TBH, for all I know you could be right. I do not know exactly what date they stopped the practice of selling indulgences.

I realize that all this stuff took place a LONG time ago, but history in religion is, to me anyways, more important than what is taking place today.

Learning about the history of the witnesses is what helped me break free from them. Had it not been for that, I would prolly be at your doorstep right now trying to give you a Watchtower and Awake magazine. LOL

I am glad that you and I could have this conversation without the feces throwing that usually takes place in religious threads.

cheers SLAG

pr- I agree that history has a great place in what we do now, and more often than not we make the same mistakes again because we fail to realize where we come from and fail to learn from the same mistakes others had made in the past.

it is nice to have a mature discussion of religious topics, i find it that those that sling un charitable comments are those that have a hard time believing what they are preaching as well.

as a Christian I am called to love as Jesus loves and as a Christian Jesus forbid me to judge

have a Great day!

Redrum_69
07-06-2007, 11:47 AM
You all just need to watch the dvd The Secret

everything will change....

BigCatDaddy
07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
OK since we are doing religious websites I'll add mine

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com

Dave

Have you ordered your Jesus Never Existed • sweatshirt • coffee mug • greetings card • pagan calendar?

"Where is the laughing on the floor guy when you need him?"

pr_capone
10-12-2010, 09:33 PM
bump

Been over 3 years since this thread was active. Wonder if we have had anyone join up in the meantime.

Count Alex's Losses
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
LOYAL LOVE
GOD IS LOVE

Pioli Zombie
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
phew. When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be about the Joooooooooooos

pr_capone
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
LOYAL LOVE
GOD IS LOVE

Loyal love! God is love.
This truth cheers us from above.
Love caused God to send his Son,
Who for us the ransom won,
That we might gain righteousness,
Life eternal, happiness.

Hey there, all you thirsty ones,
Come and drink life's water free.
Yes, come drink, you thirsty ones;God's loving-kindness see.

Loyal love! God is love.
All his works give proof thereof.
Love fore us he's further shown,
Giving Christ a heav'nly throne
To fulfill his cov'nant sworn.
see! His Kingdom has been born.

(CHORUS)
Loyal love! God is love,
Peace he sen us like a dove.
Us he gave the faithful slave,
Him a grand commission gave,
That Jenovah's name he bearp,
In is vindication share.

(CHORUS)

Loyal love! God is love.
May God's love move us to love.
Loyallt lef's help the meek
As God's righteousness they seek.
May we preach from door to door.
Comfort the whole world o'er.

(CHORUS)

tarheel23
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM

Your a moron.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm in Hutch, but I never answer my door or phone.

Good idea; you might lock yourself out of the house.:p:D

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Listening to some Kingdom Melodies tonight. Full choral accompaniment! LMAO

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQZRQVNZHFVP

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
FEEL THE POWER OF JEHOVAH BITCHES!

<object width="320" height="240"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFZhgISp2rg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFZhgISp2rg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>

pr_capone
04-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah... I'll pass.

Funny you would pick 195 Fo Life though... used to be my favorite. I remember being so proud as a kid learning how to dink it out on the piano.

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2011, 10:49 PM
That shit owns. Should use it in a Chiefs video. ROFL

You know, I don't think I ever realized this til now...but I probably like stirring orchestrals now due to all that singing.

pr_capone
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
That shit owns. Should use it in a Chiefs video. ROFL

It is like burning yourself with a cigarette because you forgot what it felt like when your dad used to do it to you.

chiefsnorth
04-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I am not rude to those people because I feel sorry for them. For the most part I think their parents were simpletons and this is just what they grew up in, basically a brainwashing daily

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2011, 10:52 PM
It is like burning yourself with a cigarette because you forgot what it felt like when your dad used to do it to you.

LMAO

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/feels-good-man-goat-squint-12883904505.jpg

I ALSO probably never realized this until now but all that stirring music was a great tool to get people emotionally attached to being a JW. Insidious.

My favorite part of songs was the LOOK AT ME assholes who sang every song as if they were a world famous Opera singer.

pr_capone
04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I ALSO probably never realized this until now but all that stirring music was a great tool to get people emotionally attached to being a JW. Insidious.

It works.

I still remember about 20 of them by heart... word for word.

HMc
04-03-2011, 11:01 PM
it took you 15 years to figure out it was all bullshit?

pr_capone
04-03-2011, 11:11 PM
it took you 15 years to figure out it was all bullshit?

I was a kid when I got dragged into it. They were the only people I knew that spoke English and I had just moved back from The States. My mom and I had left a very bad situation, my father, and she was happy there. I wasn't going to mess that up.

I knew Spanish but preferred English at that point. It was easy to make friends and I did not know anyone. They gave me responsibilities real quick like handing out literature before and after the meetings and passing the microphone.

I was hooked.

So yeah, it took me 15 years to figure out it was bullshit. The last 3-6 months of that was me trying to figure a way out of it.

nstygma
04-03-2011, 11:23 PM
So yeah, it took me 15 years to figure out it was bullshit. The last 3-6 months of that was me trying to figure a way out of it.what's their thing about only 144,000 go to heaven? what happens to everyone else?

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
what's their thing about only 144,000 go to heaven? what happens to everyone else?

YOU DIE AND BECOME WORM FOOD

And then you get resurrected and live in a paradise earth so NO WORRIES MATE

pr_capone
04-03-2011, 11:26 PM
what's their thing about only 144,000 go to heaven? what happens to everyone else?

paradise on earth. god will decide who goes and who doesn't at armageddon

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2011, 11:26 PM

I thought it was EVERYONE got resurrected and then was judged AFTER armageddon IN a paradise earth for 1,000 years?

LiL stumppy
04-03-2011, 11:42 PM
If we are going to bash religions why not every religion...

Believe it or not, there are many interesting things about regular "Christians" I can come up with.

Disclaimer:

I am not a JW, but have studied the religion for many years.

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2011, 11:52 PM

I heartily approve, sir.

Gadzooks
04-03-2011, 11:57 PM

Those Shintoists are a bunch of tree huggers!:cuss:

listopencil
04-04-2011, 12:00 AM

How do you do that? I want to be excommunicated. Or at least kicked out of the Klingon Empire or something.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I heartily approve, sir.

Your gay ass isn't worth my time

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Your gay ass isn't worth my time

I heartily approve, sir.

nstygma
04-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Those Shintoists are a bunch of tree huggers!:cuss:those wiccans are a buncha dirt worshippers!!

http://i.min.us/imMFCK.jpg

nstygma
04-04-2011, 01:42 AM

I thought it was EVERYONE got resurrected and then was judged AFTER armageddon IN a paradise earth for 1,000 years?
If only 144k make it in, what happens to the others?
also, why do they say Jesus is an angel? How did they explain away the texts saying the opposite?

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 02:19 AM
also, why do they say Jesus is an angel? How did they explain away the texts saying the opposite?

1. They become worm food, prior to the resurrection, when everyone gets resurrected.

2. Not sure what you mean. They believe Jesus is godjr.

vailpass
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM

Believe it or not, there are many interesting things about regular "Christians" I can come up with.

Disclaimer:

I am not a JW, but have studied the religion for many years.

Get over it. Or not. Your butthurt is amusing.

Dave Lane
04-04-2011, 11:49 AM

There's a silly view of god? Isn't that an oxymoron?

vailpass
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM

How unpredictable of you Loon. Thanks for adding your fresh and entertaining viewpoint.

Jaric
04-04-2011, 11:51 AM

That depends very much on your interpretation of the word "God" doesn't it?

ClevelandBronco
04-04-2011, 11:52 AM

"There are many exceptions where Witnesses deviate from historical conservative Christianity:
They do not believe in the Trinity. Instead, they follow a strict monotheism, in which:
• Jehovah is the Supreme Being,
• Jesus is the son of God, the first created being, who is separate from Jehovah. Christ is believed to have originally existed in a pre-human state as the Archangel Michael. He later took human form as a man like any other person, except that he was sinless at birth and remained so through life. After his execution, Christ was resurrected as an invisible, non-material, glorious spirit creature. He was enthroned by Jehovah as King and ruler over all creation, and 'given all authority in heaven and on earth.'
• The Holy Ghost is not a separate entity, but is an energy or force -- the method by which God interacts with the world."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/witness3.htm

Also:

"The Heavenly Kingdom took effect in 1914 with the invisible enthronement of Christ as King. It is currently occupied by a little flock or Anointed Class of about 144,000 people who were selected by God after Christ's ascension into heaven at Pentecost (33 CE) and during subsequent centuries. Some 8,500 are still living on earth; this number is declining due to deaths among the group."

KILLER_CLOWN
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Comic book theology.

Brock
04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
How do people get sucked into these things?

Brock
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
My brother in law grew up in a Christian Scientist home. He told me one time when he was a kid he fell on his head on the driveway and definitely had at least a concussion, but his mom told him he just needed to pray really hard and his head would feel better. His dad eventually took him to the hospital over his mother's objections and he spent like a week there.

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM

Family legacies.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Get over it. Or not. Your butthurt is amusing.

Thanks for telling me how I feel douche. Because you would know :spock:

LiL stumppy
04-04-2011, 11:05 PM

My guess is the traditional BS of a regular "Chritian Church" starts to adds up.

It's ironic how the JW's are so hated in the world, next to the crazy West Borrow church or whatever it's called.

notorious
04-04-2011, 11:19 PM
If JW's started to recruit with strippers and booze they would probably have a lot more success.

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
It's ironic how the JW's are so hated in the world

Um, they're not. They're fairly low down the totem pole of religious hate. In fact, in the mainstream, they are seen as an annoyance more than anything. A joke, really.

The hate mostly comes from former JWs who have had their families ripped apart.

pr_capone
04-04-2011, 11:30 PM
My guess is the traditional BS of a regular "Chritian Church" starts to adds up.

It's ironic how the JW's are so hated in the world, next to the crazy West Borrow church or whatever it's called.

Cult: religion taken to the extreme, usually characterized by high levels of dependency and obedience to the cult's leadership, by separation from family and non-believers, and by the infiltration of religion into nearly every aspect of daily life

sound familiar?

There is a good reason why many people have animosity towards both those groups.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Um, they're not. They're fairly low down the totem pole of religious hate. In fact, in the mainstream, they are seen as an annoyance more than anything. A joke, really.

The hate mostly comes from former JWs who have had their families ripped apart.

LOL BS. Who's fault is it that these familys were torn a part? I don't recall you being forced to be baptised by any member of the church.. If you got baptised, that was your choice and you knew what could happen.

If you were baptised at a young age because of your parents, you have no one to blame but them.

If you don't believe it, know you don't, don't do it and you wont have that problem.

I don't see how that is an issue what-so-ever?

It's just like the Catholic church.

You know what a joke is? These traditional churches that call themselves Christians, yet go out and have sex and and go out and commit other sins,and still believe that they will be saved in the end, or whatever they believe. It's all a joke. These churches are more about politics than anything.

It's hilarious.

go bowe
04-04-2011, 11:39 PM
yeah, that's the thing...

in the polynesian culture family is just about everything and it's nigh impossible to break up a familly, but when my sister in law and her husband became jw's it seemed like their church and the people in it wanted her to sever her ties with her family because they were not jehovahs...

it's been a hard couple of decades, but she still goes to her meetings and such but she also has been coming to the traditional family dinners every month for a few years now...

so there's always hope...

go bowe
04-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Cult: religion taken to the extreme, usually characterized by high levels of dependency and obedience to the cult's leadership, by separation from family and non-believers, and by the infiltration of religion into nearly every aspect of daily life

sound familiar?

There is a good reason why many people have animosity towards both those groups.i was going to use that word but didn't want to offend anybody...

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 11:42 PM
LOL BS. Who's fault is it that these familys were torn a part?

When the JWs tell people to stop associating with non-believing family members, then it is the fault of the JWs.

You know what a joke is? These traditional churches that call themselves Christians, yet go out and have sex and and go out and commit other sins,and still believe that they will be saved in the end, or whatever they believe. It's all a joke. These churches are more about politics than anything.

I agree completely, and that is why I think most religions are bullshit.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2011, 11:47 PM
When the JWs tell people to stop associating with non-believing family members, then it is the fault of the JWs.

Non-believing family members as in ones that have been disfellowshiped.

Not family members who are not DF'ed.

If a person is DF'ed, it's simply because they are not repentent for their wrong doings, or in other words, don't care. So why would a church not tell their members to associate with old members that often have bitter feelings and wrong accusations/opinions about the church.

i.e. with all do respect, you.and a few other people.

pr_capone
04-04-2011, 11:49 PM
LOL BS. Who's fault is it that these familys were torn a part? I don't recall you being forced to be baptised by any member of the church.. If you got baptised, that was your choice and you knew what could happen.

If you were baptised at a young age because of your parents, you have no one to blame but them.

If you don't believe it, know you don't, don't do it and you wont have that problem.

Gotcha. It is my fault I was lied to and the organization is blameless for the 4 years I missed of my brother's life. Completely on me that the presiding overseer of the congregation pressured my family to disown me.

I was a fool for believing that these people were my friends. I should have known as a kid that I would later find out that my entire life had been a lie perpetrated by old men in Brooklyn, NY.

It's hilarious.

Red Herring.

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 11:52 PM
If a person is DF'ed, it's simply because they are not repentent for their wrong doings, or in other words, don't care.

Yeah, like having sex or drinking or having a good time.

Those people should be CUT OFF FROM THEIR FAMILIES!!!!

LiL stumppy
04-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Gotcha. It is my fault I was lied to and the organization is blameless for the 4 years I missed of my brother's life. Completely on me that the presiding overseer of the congregation pressured my family to disown me.

I was a fool for believing that these people were my friends. I should have known as a kid that I would later find out that my entire life had been a lie perpetrated by old men in Brooklyn, NY.

Red Herring.

No one knows the story of what you went through or what happened, and as always there is two sides to a story. They don't claim to be perfect, and unfortunetley they are still imperfect men, that try to do the right thing. In some cases, it isn't right, and it's very unfortunet, but like I said. I don't know the background behind what happened, so I am not going to comment on it.

LiL stumppy
04-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah, like having sex or drinking or having a good time.

Those people should be CUT OFF FROM THEIR FAMILIES!!!!

Last time I checked drinking is allowed? As Jesus drank in the bible.

Sex before marriage? Absolutley, that's fornication, one of the sins listed in the bible, any religion that calls themselves Christians should force this, yet they don't, what a joke.

And it's not when a member of the church commits fornication, it's when they continue to do it, and don't care they're doing it or are not sorry, not repentent.

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 11:58 PM
they are still imperfect men, that try to do the right thing.

No, they don't.

Barring teenagers from dating is a horribly stunting practice.

Discouraging social activities outside of the congregation is a horribly stunting practice.

One of the JW slogans is "NO PART OF THIS WORLD."

Jesus fucking Christ that's scary. It's not the right thing.

You should go visit Bethel and check out how the people who work there live. It's like indentured servitude. They're practically fucking slaves.

All in the name of printing more bullshit propaganda that says we're all going to live 1,000 years on a paradise earth.

"The right thing."

My ass.

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Sex before marriage? Absolutley, that's fornication, one of the sins listed in the bible, any religion that calls themselves Christians should force this, yet they don't, what a joke.

Dude, I agree completely.

But cutting someone off from their family because they had sex with their high school girlfriend is, uh, scary fucking shit.

And as far as drinking, I was talking about getting drunk, alcoholism or underage drinking. Can you imagine cutting someone off from their family over it?

ClevelandBronco
04-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Would practicing Witnesses be allowed to use a site like ChiefsPlanet? Use the Internet at all? Just curious.

Count Alex's Losses
04-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Would practicing Witnesses be allowed to use a site like ChiefsPlanet? Use the Internet at all? Just curious.

Sure. But be careful because the internet is scary.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20041208a/article_01.htm

LiL stumppy
04-05-2011, 12:05 AM
No, they don't.

Barring teenagers from dating is a horribly stunting practice.

Discouraging social activities outside of the congregation is a horribly stunting practice.

One of the JW slogans is "NO PART OF THIS WORLD."

Jesus fucking Christ that's scary. It's not the right thing.

You should go visit Bethel and check out how the people who work there live. It's like indentured servitude. They're practically fucking slaves.

All in the name of printing more bullshit propaganda that says we're all going to live 1,000 years on a paradise earth.

"The right thing."

My ass.

Teenagers are allowed to date, it's at the parents disgrestion. I have 2 cousins that are all baptised and dating, non-issue.

Discouraged doing social acitvities such as???

Why would a true Christian want to be part of a world like this? If they are truley trying to do the right thing, why would they want to to be around people banging, snorting cocain and stealing from eachother?

I had a few family members go to Bethal, once again, were not forced, and loved it.

Soooooooooo God is going to create this earth, like he did, then have everyone go to heaven and destroy it for no reason. Or would he use it as it's original purpous, which was for people to live on the earth?

If you agree with me, how can you sit there and trash a religion that is simply trying to do the right thing? Trying to do what the Bible says?

LiL stumppy
04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Dude, I agree completely.

But cutting someone off from their family because they had sex with their high school girlfriend is, uh, scary fucking shit.

And as far as drinking, I was talking about getting drunk, alcoholism or underage drinking. Can you imagine cutting someone off from their family over it?

If you get baptised then you knoew what fornication is and you know what can happen if you do it... AND IF YOU ARE NOT REPENTENT. They don't cut you off from your family if you do it. Jesus.

Once again, people make mistakes, your making it sound like a kid will get df'ed if he has a drink and isn't 21. Give me a break, thats a joke.

ClevelandBronco
04-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Sure. But be careful because the internet is scary.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20041208a/article_01.htm

Good, practical advice. Thanks.

Count Alex's Losses
04-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Teenagers are allowed to date, it's at the parents disgrestion. I have 2 cousins that are all baptised and dating, non-issue.

LMAO

Just another example of the bullshit organization that is the Jehovah's Witnesses.

For a long time they DID NOT allow dating at all. This is a fact, read old editions of the young people ask book (it may have been updated). Dating = ONLY FOR SERIOUS COURTSHIP PURPOSES/POTENTIAL MARRIAGE.

And in certain parts of the country it is probably STILL not allowed. NO ONE in my congregation was dating until after high school and that was as recently as 10 years ago. Certainly I was not dating and my sisters, who were both very attractive, were not permitted to date.

Discouraged doing social acitvities such as???

High school sports, college, extra-curricular activities. It's all discouraged. It's a great way to socially retard your kids.

Why would a true Christian want to be part of a world like this?

Dude, the point is, this world isn't going anywhere. Encouraging people to not be a part of it is only going to make things difficult for them. It's sheer idiocy.

I had a few family members go to Bethal, once again, were not forced, and loved it.

Of course they loved it. They're Jehovah's fucking Witnesses who never find any fault in anything the organization does.

Soooooooooo God is going to create this earth, like he did, then have everyone go to heaven and destroy it for no reason. Or would he use it as it's original purpous, which was for people to live on the earth?

I don't believe in your god, and I don't believe that a supreme being created the earth or has any purpose for it, so we really can't have this discussion.

If you agree with me, how can you sit there and trash a religion that is simply trying to do the right thing? Trying to do what the Bible says?

Because it's not. The organization destroys lives and redirects them for a fruitless task with no rewards other than entry into a bullshit, boring social club. That ain't the right thing.

ClevelandBronco
04-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Why would a true Christian want to be part of a world like this?

Someone should have asked Jesus of Nazareth just what the h-e-double-torture-stakes he had in mind. He should have just kept to himself like a good Christian.

pr_capone
04-05-2011, 12:58 AM
No one knows the story of what you went through or what happened, and as always there is two sides to a story. They don't claim to be perfect, and unfortunetley they are still imperfect men, that try to do the right thing. In some cases, it isn't right, and it's very unfortunet, but like I said. I don't know the background behind what happened, so I am not going to comment on it.

I've got no reason to slant my story... this thread was never intended as a bash JW thread. I was hoping to connects with some old friends, which has not happened yet.

I found out all sorts of things about the Witnesses that I could not, in good conscience, flatly ignore. I'll just give you the first 3 that come to mind.

1. Beth Sarim / Beth Shan - As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925.

"At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized.... Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old: - J. F. Rutherford, Millions Now Living Will Never Die, 1920, pp. 89, 90.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Sarim

Beth Sarim (Hebrew for 'House of the Princes') was a ten-bedroom mansion in San Diego, California, constructed in 1929 in anticipation of various resurrected Old Testament biblical patriarchs or prophets such as Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah and Samuel. It was maintained by the Watch Tower Society, the parent organization used by Jehovah's Witnesses, and was also used as a winter home and executive office for Watch Tower president Joseph Franklin Rutherford.

In 1918, Watch Tower publications began predicting, under the direction of Rutherford, that Old Testament patriarchs or "princes" would be resurrected back to earthly life in 1925. It was taught that these "princes" would become earth's new leaders and that their resurrection would be a prelude to the inauguration of a new earthly society and the abolition of death.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] (It had previously been taught that these individuals were to be raised shortly after 1914.[8][9]) These "princes" would use Jerusalem as their capital, with some of the "princes" being located in other "principal parts of the earth."[10] Despite the failure of this prediction, Rutherford continued to preach their imminent return.[11]
J.F. Rutherford in Beth Sarim

During this time, Rutherford spent winters in San Diego, California, for health reasons,[12] and "in time, a direct contribution was made for the purpose of constructing a house in San Diego for brother Rutherford's use."[13] The property was acquired in October 1929 by Robert J Marten and was given to Rutherford in December for the nominal fee of $10 (current equivalent $128). The house was built in that year.[14] Rutherford named the property Beth Sarim and dedicated it for the use of the expected Old Testament "princes", who were now expected to be headquartered in San Diego instead of Jerusalem.[15][16] The deed for Beth Sarim, written by Rutherford, said that the property was to be held "perpetually in trust" for the Old Testament "princes" and was to be surrendered to them once they arrived.[17][18] It was located in the Kensington Heights section of San Diego over an area of about 100 acres (0.40 km2), landscaped with olive, date, and palm trees so that the "princes" would "feel at home."[19] The 5,100 square feet (470 m2) residence, designed by San Diego architect Richard S. Requa, is a ten-bedroom Spanish mansion with an adjacent two-car garage.[20][21][22] The building costs at the time were about $25,000 (current equivalent $321,000).[23] Writing in the book Salvation in 1939, Rutherford explained that Beth Sarim would forever be used by the resurrected "princes".[24]

Wow... so a 5,100 sq. ft. residence for "the princes" which only ever became a kick ass winter home for the Prez. I wonder what happened to all those people that were around in 1925... oh yeah, they are dead.

2. Multiple failed predictions and encouraging massive irresponsibility of their membership. Both of the pics I will include in this reply are taken directly from my copy of the 2009 WT CD... I would include more but the research is already out there.

May 1, 1974 Kingdom Ministry's had an interesting message. Sell all your belongings and pioneer because the end is right around the corner.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2afehc3.png

The March 1 Watchtower had this gem. The last 2 sentences are epic.

http://i55.tinypic.com/30jhgtl.png

3. They were an NGO member of the United Nations... AKA the Scarlet Colored Wild Beast. A member of the congregation cannot go to a YMCA, but the "faithful and discreet slave" can go get a library card from the UN???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/oct/15/religion.unitednations

This is a letter that was sent out by the WTBTS.

http://www.randytv.com/secret/wt11012001.jpg

What is funny here is that the UN flatly denies the charge that the requirements for membership had changed.

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unmarchletter.jpg

Absolute, unadulterated, complete and total hypocrisy.

---------

So, now knowing what I found out... how the hell could I possibly continue association with an organization who is a flat out fraud? I left because I no longer had any faith in this sect of Christianity.

My leaving the religion is the reason my family disowned me. My research labeled me an apostate and I was shunned before I could talk to family and friends about what I had found out.

Someone saw my username online and saw that I had been posting in forums and asking for information on the web and turned me in. When I was confronted by the elders about this, I asked them whatever happened to the accuser confronting me first and giving me an opportunity to repent on my own. No answer there.

Later I was called by an elder who attempted to get me to say something over the phone. We had a 15 minute conversation when another elder admitted he had been listening in the whole time after I heard in the background. They tried to trap me into their "two witness rule", and illegally so.

Say what you will, defend all you like. I can only relate my story. It has been long enough that I no longer have the venom against them that I once did... but to suggest that I should have known what I was getting into when I was just a kid is ridiculous.

Amnorix
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
My leaving the religion is the reason my family disowned me. My research labeled me an apostate and I was shunned before I could talk to family and friends about what I had found out.

For my own part, I think all religions are somewhat ridiculous, but THIS is what I find so incredibly objectionable about JW. Any religion that requires its members to disown family members SIMPLY FOR NOT PRACTICING THAT SAME RELIGION is, in my view, inherently evil, destructive and nothing more than a cult.

notorious
04-05-2011, 09:23 AM
For my own part, I think all religions are somewhat ridiculous, but THIS is what I find so incredibly objectionable about JW. Any religion that requires its members to disown family members SIMPLY FOR NOT PRACTICING THAT SAME RELIGION is, in my view, inherently evil, destructive and nothing more than a cult.

You have to take away everything they have including a family support structure to properly brain-wash them.

Jaric
04-05-2011, 09:27 AM

It's a side effect of what happens when human beings believe they understand the intentions of an infinite being.

ClevelandBronco
04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
It's a side effect of what happens when human beings believe they understand the intentions of an infinite being.

The pastor who helped me through my Christian infancy once told me that if I found myself at a point at which I thought I could understand the true nature of God, I could congratulate myself at that point for creating a God that was smaller than I am.

Easy 6
04-05-2011, 01:04 PM

With several practicing JW's in my family, i will attest to the truth in this post.

They dont even care if you're the most devout Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, Assembly of God etc on the face of the earth... if you're not JW, you're wrong & risking hell in the process.

Since that part of my family bought my deceased Grandpas log cabin in the country, the traditional family gathering place for holidays, holidays are now empty, sad affairs with everyone going off to do their own thing instead of getting together at the cabin.

They've really distanced all of us, the JW's are nothing more than a cult.

vailpass
04-05-2011, 01:32 PM

It's hilarious.

You are one sick puppy.

Jaric
04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
The pastor who helped me through my Christian infancy once told me that if I found myself at a point at which I thought I could understand the true nature of God, I could congratulate myself at that point for creating a God that was smaller than I am.

I like that. Religion without humility is just dangerous.

Count Alex's Losses
04-05-2011, 02:00 PM
if you're not JW, you're wrong & risking hell in the process.

That's the hilarious part....hell is NOTHING if you're a JW.

You die. That's it. That's the worst that can happen.

What's the incentive to sign up, again?

durtyrute
04-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I had one walk into our yard in the middle of a little party we were having. He asked us "are you ready to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior?" I replied that I believe that aliens created the human race and every though we view things differently he was more than welcome to stay and have some brews. Needless to say they haven't been back since