PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to KC!

SquirrellyBastard
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Hell yes! I am out of this hell hole known as Memphis and moving my young family back to Kansas City and my beloved Chiefs. I hope to be able to attend some Chiefs Planet functions this year!

SquirrellyBastard out!

Fish
07-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Hell yes! I am out of this hell hole known as Memphis and moving my young family back to Kansas City and my beloved Chiefs. I hope to be able to attend some Chiefs Planet functions this year!

SquirrellyBastard out!

Sweeet... So I'll see ya at some Chiefs games this year??

Congrats on your move!

SquirrellyBastard
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Sweeet... So I'll see ya at some Chiefs games this year??

Congrats on your move!

Yes, my fine Mankato friend, you will.

luv
07-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I liked the time I spent in Memphis, but I can see why you're so excited about moving, especially back to KC! Congrats!

Fish
07-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Mankato High rules!!

Fish
07-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Squirrelly and I were on the same HS golf team that won state in 93 and 94....

Just wish I golfed that well these days.....

Mi_chief_fan
07-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I like both towns, KC not as depressed of an area as Memphis, but Beale St. & the best BBQ in the world are both in Memphis.

SquirrellyBastard
07-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Memphis does have its pluses, but there's no way I want to raise my family here.

luv
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I like both towns, KC not as depressed of an area as Memphis, but Beale St. & the best BBQ in the world are both in Memphis.
Depends on which style of BBQ you prefer.

Ari Chi3fs
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
so Memphis sucking, is part of why Psicosis/UP is so ****ed in his head? He had to grow up there? How unfortunate.

Mi_chief_fan
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Depends on which style of BBQ you prefer.

Sure does. If you like good BBQ, go to KC. If you like the best, go to Memphis.

KC is definitely a great place to get a steak, though.

KC Kings
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Are we talking KC area vs. Memphis area?

If you take KC by itself without any of the surrounding areas, it is nothing to brag about.

Simply Red
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Good for you.

wutamess
07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
And Avatar of the year goes to... ROFL

SquirrellyBastard
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Are we talking KC area vs. Memphis area?

If you take KC by itself without any of the surrounding areas, it is nothing to brag about.

I'm talking KC + surrounding area vs. Memphis + surrounding area.

Skip Towne
07-05-2007, 02:46 PM
So now we only have one squirrelly bastard in Memphis?

beavis
07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm starting a coalition to keep SquirrellyBastard out of KC. We're full up on weirdos, we don't need anymore.

KevB
07-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm talking KC + surrounding area vs. Memphis + surrounding area.

I don't disagree with you, but I'm curious.....Is Memphis 'burbs that much different than KC? I grew up in Memphis, but haven't spent all that much time there the last 15 years. I have family there, so I go back a couple of times a year. Aren't Germantown, Cordova, Collierville, etc. decent places to raise a family? City of Memphis has more places you probably don't want to stroll through at night, I wouldn't argue that.

luv
07-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I don't disagree with you, but I'm curious.....Is Memphis 'burbs that much different than KC? I grew up in Memphis, but haven't spent all that much time there the last 15 years. I have family there, so I go back a couple of times a year. Aren't Germantown, Cordova, Collierville, etc. decent places to raise a family? City of Memphis has more places you probably don't want to stroll through at night, I wouldn't argue that.
Germantown would be pretty expensive. Cordova and Collierville weren't bad, from what I saw. I'd still prefer OP, Olathe, Independence, Grandview, etc. Better sports town, too.

KevB
07-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Germantown would be pretty expensive. Cordova and Collierville weren't bad, from what I saw. I'd still prefer OP, Olathe, Independence, Grandview, etc. Better sports town, too.

Germantown is no different than Leawood and some parts of OP. Agreed on the sports aspect.

SquirrellyBastard
07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm starting a coalition to keep SquirrellyBastard out of KC. We're full up on weirdos, we don't need anymore.

You're just made that I've pwned you in every sport we've played.

SquirrellyBastard
07-05-2007, 06:48 PM

Memphis is very similar to KC in regards to how the suburbs are set up. Overland Park, Leawood, Olathe, etc are a lot like Collierville, Germantown, and Cordova. The main issue I have is the school district down here. All the outlying communities of Memphis are pretty clean, but there are very few good public schools. Those areas that do have public schools have extremely high housing costs in my opinion. A 3 bedroom house in Germantown will cost you $195,000 and Collierville is even worse. The crime down here is pretty scary as well. I know KC isn't perfect, but I feel so much more comfortable raising my children there.