PDA

View Full Version : Which (released/traded/cut) player do you think we'll miss the most?

TinyEvel
07-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Poll coming.

Please consider TWO factors: 1) hole left in our team from his absence PLUS 2) contribution to other team. (i.e. someone who might not be missed much but who is significant on new team, or who you feel will improve greatly in new scheme, might be missed)

I believe I've included all noteworthy players (and then some). '07 teams in parentheses.

pr_capone
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Trent... if only for the knowledge he had and what he could have taught Croyle.

TinyEvel
07-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm gonna go wild card and vote Tynes. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll put a lot of points on the board for the lesser Manning's Giants O and I'm cautious about Medlock's bootability in the SHOW.

Though the Gaz/good work Herm option was very tempting. We had some good cuts this year :clap:

Guru
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
We are going to miss the nice wide holes that Jordan Black left.........

for the opposing team.

jAZ
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Is there any question, really? Trent Green by a lot.

CoMoChief
07-05-2007, 01:56 PM
How can it not be Trent Green? The guy has been durable throughout 99% of his time here, and was the triggerman of this once potent offense. It's not his fault he played with some of the worst defenses this league has ever seen. Not to mention the guy is a family man and is nothing but class act on and off the field. There isn't one person in the KC locker room that will tell you otherwise.

luv
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I actually would have voted for either Tynes or Kawika.

88TG88
07-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Trent, only because his entire career wasn't a disappointment like everyone else on that list.

cdcox
07-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Really, I don't think we'll miss any of those players too much. It is possible Trent might be better than any QB we have on our roster, but I really think the chance of him returning to 2005 form (where he'd make a big difference for us) are about 10%. For every other player listed, I think the replacement player will be as good or better.

Thig Lyfe
07-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Ryan Sims... now who's gonna pick up the check at Denny's?

big nasty kcnut
07-05-2007, 02:13 PM
sammy knight i liked he ball hawk getting skills

chagrin
07-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Trent Green

Thig Lyfe
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
sammy knight i liked he ball hawk getting skills

Huh? He got ball hawks? Like this?

http://www.hawkseyestudio.com/falconry/images/falconry/jpegs/cby_pam1.jpg

ChiTown
07-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Huh? He got ball hawks? Like this?

http://www.hawkseyestudio.com/falconry/images/falconry/jpegs/cby_pam1.jpg

You obviously need your special Nut decoder ring.........

sedated
07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Lenny Walls

Chiefnj
07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm thinking Mitchell since I do not believe Nap can stay healthy for a full season.

Do the Chiefs even have a backup MLB??

Fish
07-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking Mitchell since I do not believe Nap can stay healthy for a full season.

YOU DOUBT?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/rich_scanlon.jpg

rad
07-05-2007, 02:46 PM

Scanlon, duh......

rad
07-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Damn you Fish!

TinyEvel
07-05-2007, 02:59 PM
That pic of Scanlon is eerily blank-faced. His expression looks like he's posing to be put on the dollar bill.

milkman
07-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Good god.

That's got to be the most pathetic list of castoffs ever.

Trent is the only player worth a damn there, and we won't miss him because we aren't going anywhere anyway.

kcfanXIII
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
trent was the easy pick. i chose dante, because he made some plays for us over the years.

JBucc
07-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm disqualifying Trent and am going to say Kawika. Considering the contract he signed (wasn't it just like 1 year 1 mil?), we should have kept him for depth in case Nap gets dinged up, which is very possible.

KC Tattoo
07-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I picked Kendall Gammon because he was reliable and outstanding special teams player.

Who is going to be our long snapper?

milkman
07-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I picked Kendall Gammon because he was reliable and outstanding special teams player.

Who is going to be our long snapper?

Jean-Phillippe Darche (Seahawks)

HemiEd
07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Great thread idea, looking at that list makes me feel better about what Herm has done in this area. Trent Green without a doubt.

Now who in the **** said JORDAN BLACK? :cuss: ROFL

KC Tattoo
07-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I still miss Scott Fujita and think that was a mistake to trade him to Dallas for a six round pick, could have gottin a better (higher round) draft pick for him. The jury is out on G Tre Stallings imo.

Fujita was is better than Kendral Bell. Wrong move imo.

RustShack
07-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I think letting Green go was good for the Chiefs, hes the wrong style of QB for the Chiefs now and you don't want to teach Croyle wrong, yea theres still some good things he could have taught him... but at least we still have Huard. I voted Lenny Walls, hes not that great but we don't really have a nickle back right now(thats why I'm hopeing we draft Oliver), and if Law or Surtain get hurt we will be really hurting.

RustShack
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I still miss Scott Fujita and think that was a mistake to trade him to Dallas for a six round pick, could have gottin a better (higher round) draft pick for him. The jury is out on G Tre Stallings imo.

Agree with you 100%

milkman
07-05-2007, 09:06 PM

Eh....Scott Fujita was a scrub filing a hole.

KC Tattoo
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Eh....Scott Fujita was a scrub filing a hole.

He did pretty good playing for the Saints last year, didn't they play n the NFC Championship?

milkman
07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
He did pretty good playing for the Saints last year, didn't they play n the NFC Championship?

Yeah, so?

The fact that he played on a good team doesn't mean he's good.

He's an OK player, but nothing special.

BigMeatballDave
07-06-2007, 02:30 AM
None. All deadbeats...

CoMoChief
07-06-2007, 02:50 AM

bet u wouldnt think that if he wouldnt made that sack a couple years ago.

I hated Fujita. It's VERY hard to credit anyone from that era of defense of crap that DV put on the field.

Ultra Peanut
07-06-2007, 04:10 AM
Gammon, but basically by default.

boogblaster
07-06-2007, 06:24 AM
I voted Hall, but Green will probably be missed more...

Reerun_KC
07-06-2007, 06:28 AM
I think letting Green go was good for the Chiefs, hes the wrong style of QB for the Chiefs now and you don't want to teach Croyle wrong, yea theres still some good things he could have taught him... but at least we still have Huard. I voted Lenny Walls, hes not that great but we don't really have a nickle back right now(thats why I'm hopeing we draft Oliver), and if Law or Surtain get hurt we will be really hurting.

You know you have hit rock bottom at a franchise when people start saying "but at least we still have Huard".. Your ****ing kidding right?

I voted for Green...

Direckshun
07-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Yeah, so?

The fact that he played on a good team doesn't mean he's good.

He's an OK player, but nothing special.
He is good. He was good for us, he was good for the Cowboys, and he's been good for the Saints. He's a heavy contributor to every defense he's played on.

Losing Fujita was a much bigger loss than any of these folks.

Chiefnj
07-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Now that I think about it a little more, I'll change my vote to Hall. I still think he can be a good returner. There was a lot of turnover in special teams and the blocking left a lot to be desired. Without an established punt returner I think special teams will take another step back.

RustShack
07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
You know you have hit rock bottom at a franchise when people start saying "but at least we still have Huard".. Your ****ing kidding right?

I voted for Green...

Why do we need Green? Croyle is the starter, and Huard is the back up(somthing he does very well). I don't see much of a reason to give your third string QB $7 million to never touch the field.

Cochise
07-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Losing Fujita was a much bigger loss than any of these folks.

LMAO

When he was here, he was NOTHING.

Yeah, he seems to work in their system - maybe he's actually good, maybe he's just on a talented defense. But losing him was no loss whatsoever. Nobody cared around here for sure.

StcChief
07-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Green but we had to move on.....

Sammy Knight. Good vet D and ball hawker.