PDA

View Full Version : Has patteeu become a complete tool for the administration?

Logical
07-05-2007, 09:37 PM
The poll is self explanatory.

keg in kc
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Become?

No.

Always has been?

Yes.

Logical
07-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Become?

No.

Always has been?

Yes.

Damnit I knew I should have hired Kevin.

Chiefnj2
07-05-2007, 09:41 PM
No, he's become a paradoy of himself. He's Colbert times 30.

Direckshun
07-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I think he's become a sophisticated tool for an ideology and its noise machine. I think it's larger than just this administration.

The upside is that I value his input because, hell, you always need someone on the other side of the aisle who can come up with solid arguments. Patteeu's usually consistent and legitimate enough to warrant attention.

The downside is that it does occasionally go to tenuous lengths, as ideologicals often do -- there have been moments where I've seriously questioned if he believed the way he does, or if he was just playing a role on the board. Even his icon is a furiously angry man clenching an American flag with his fist -- it all leads me to believe he's just playing a role rather than being a person.

Nonetheless, as things typically are in an internet politics forum, you have to recognize things for what they are and accept them as unchangable. I can't really do anything about the way patteeu happens to be, so I accept it and try to focus on the positives.

Mr. Laz
07-05-2007, 09:52 PM
he's alot like the administration ......... he barely even pretends to be concerned with 'right' anymore.

they do/say what they want and give everyone the big middle finger because they just don't care anymore.

patteeu
07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I voted for the "duh, who is patteeu" option because I couldn't find the "patteeu is inside Logical's head" option.

banyon
07-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't often agree with patteeu, but he is not afraid to defend his stances on issues. I have reasoned with him on occasion. He has changed my mind on probably 2/100 occasions, as i have changed his in comparable proportion. I would rather have a substantial dialogue with patteeu anyday than some of some of his less rational counterparts on the on the right or the left.

patteeu
07-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I can't really do anything about the way patteeu happens to be, so I accept it and try to focus on the positives.

A commendable approach. LOL

BucEyedPea
07-05-2007, 10:11 PM
patteeu is a worthy opponent

Debating with him would hone our skills.

patteeu
07-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't often agree with patteeu, but he is not afraid to defend his stances on issues. I have reasoned with him on occasion. He has changed my mind on probably 2/100 occasions, as i have changed his in comparable proportion. I would rather have a substantial dialogue with patteeu anyday than some of some of his less rational counterparts on the on the right or the left.

Counting this one, you are right at least 3% of the time. :p

WoodDraw
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM

I was going to post the same. Compared to most posters here, his posts are refreshingly thought out and devoid of the sophmoric tendencies of others.

patteeu
07-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Compared to most posters here, his posts are refreshingly thought out...

That's nice of you to say...

... and devoid of the sophmoric tendencies of others.

... but one of my agents must have paid you to blow smoke like this. I cop to descending to sophmoric levels from time to time. Sometimes I limbo even lower. Thanks for politely ignoring those times though.

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
The poll is self defeating.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

Phobia
07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I love Patty. If I needed a lawyer, I'd definitely choose him to throw my money away on.

BucEyedPea
07-05-2007, 10:32 PM
I love Patty. If I needed a lawyer, I'd definitely choose him to throw my money away on.
Especially if you were guilty too right? :p

I like patty too.

Logical
07-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

Not really, I am curious to see how many people think he has gone beyond rational with his defending of the administration. I have nothing against patteeu accept I think he may be playing a game he does not believe in.

patteeu
07-05-2007, 10:39 PM

Outstanding post!! If I were a chick, I'd be gushing, err... blushing.

BucEyedPea
07-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Outstanding post!! If I were a chick, I'd be gushing, err... blushing.
I didn't. :p

banyon
07-05-2007, 11:06 PM

patteeu is not licensed, so you be an accomplice to a crime (practicing law without a license). If you want crime free representation, though, I might be able to think of someone. :D

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Not really, I am curious to see how many people think he has gone beyond rational with his defending of the administration. I have nothing against patteeu accept I think he may be playing a game he does not believe in.

Okay, then. Patteeu makes sense to me more often than any other poster here. Certainly far more often than I make sense to me. (Except when he posts in a football thread. It's obvious then that he's just another misguided Chiefs fan who can't wait until the team moves to L.A. so he can finally become a fan of a real team such as, oh, say, the Broncos.)

Even when he throws out a rare insult it never reads as though he means it in anything like a hateful way.

I don't see him defending the Bush administration as often as I see him defending a rational approach to understanding the issues surrounding the Bush administration. That doesn't sit well with the folks here who are emotionally involved. So be it.

I like his style of sparring. He's a Muhammed Ali while most of the characters on the left here are straight out of pro wrestling.

patteeu
07-05-2007, 11:16 PM
patteeu is not licensed

I'm not sure whether that's the case or not. I haven't paid my bar fees for a while though so it might be.

BucEyedPea
07-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Okay, then. Patteeu makes sense to me more often than any other poster here. Certainly far more often than I make sense to me. (Except when he posts in a football thread. It's obvious then that he's just another misguided Chiefs fan who can't wait until the team moves to L.A. so he can finally become a fan of a real team such as, oh, say, the Broncos.)

Even when he throws out a rare insult it never reads as though he means it in anything like a hateful way.

I don't see him defending the Bush administration as often as I see him defending a rational approach to understanding the issues surrounding the Bush administration. That doesn't sit well with the folks here who are emotionally involved. So be it.

I like his style of sparring. He's a Muhammed Ali while most of the characters on the left here are straight out of pro wrestling.
The making sense part is makes sense because you agree with his positions.
And I don't think you can say that either side hasn't any emotion on today's issues. We all are. I think you can say that pat tries to articulate his with a more analytical style. But that does not mean he has no emotion in his stands.
I don't see anything wrong with emotion unless it gets out of hand or mean spirited. You men need to get over such emotional ideas. It's irrational imo. :)

BucEyedPea
07-05-2007, 11:20 PM
patteeu is not licensed, so you be an accomplice to a crime (practicing law without a license). If you want crime free representation, though, I might be able to think of someone. :D
I need help with something....but only if your initial consult is free.
It's Federal not state. And pretty generic I believe.

banyon
07-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure whether that's the case or not. I haven't paid my bar fees for a while though so it might be.

Er, you gotta pay the man as you well know. :)

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2007, 11:22 PM
You men need to get over such emotional ideas. It's irrational imo. :)

Ouch. Head shot.

banyon
07-05-2007, 11:23 PM

PM me and we'll see. I love all my DC bretheren and sisteren (is that a word?).

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2007, 11:23 PM

Freaking Libertarian drug traffickers.

BucEyedPea
07-05-2007, 11:24 PM
It's late right now. Going off line soon and I need a clear head. So tommorrow.
But if you're not around...take a few days to answer...no hurry.

BucEyedPea
07-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Freaking Libertarian drug traffickers.
ROFL Actually, I don't touch recreational drugs, am a light drinker and am conservative in my use of prescription drugs by trying to use more natural things first. ( as a last resort I will like if I need a steering wheel pulled out of me.)

Mr. Kotter
07-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Jim: welcome to "SDChiefsfan" circa 2004-2005....minus the encephalitis from rat/mouse dung.

:shake: :shake: :shake:

jAZ
07-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Become?

No.

Always has been?

Yes.
Ditto.

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2007, 11:35 PM
ROFL Actually, I don't touch recreational drugs, am a light drinker and am conservative in my use of prescription drugs by trying to use more natural things first. ( as a last resort I will like if I need a steering wheel pulled out of me.)

I hope you know that you've just blown your chance to host The First Ever Annual When We Remember To Do It Chiefs Planet D.C. Forum Bash, Human Be-In and Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.

And I'm really sorry about that steering wheel.

patteeu
07-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Er, you gotta pay the man as you well know. :)

Yes, of course. :)

jAZ
07-05-2007, 11:37 PM
patteeu is a worthy opponent

Debating with him would hone our skills.
That's is worthy of agreement from me.

However, I guarantee that some % of his stated views aren't rooted in personal conviction but rather devils' advocacy, rhetorical challenge or a twisted/wicked sense of humor.

dirk digler
07-06-2007, 12:01 AM
As much as I disagree with patteeu on alot of things; he posts things that make my small peanut brain think and he is very challenging.

I respect patteeu a great deal even though sometimes I want to punch him in the nose.

Fishpicker
07-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Patteu doesn't go beyond rational thought. Patteu takes rational thought to the limits. Passion is prerequisite for irrationality; I dont see that in Patt. I think Patteu could argue most points either way.

rational or not: Patteu is a tool for the Bush Administration. He is willing and he's literate. I'm pretty sure Patteu is sane though.

Logical
07-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Patteu doesn't go beyond rational thought. Patteu takes rational thought to the limits. Passion is prerequisite for irrationality; I dont see that in Patt. I think Patteu could argue most points either way.

rational or not: Patteu is a tool for the Bush Administration. He is willing and he's literate. I'm pretty sure Patteu is sane though.Just to be clear I am not questioning his sanity.

ChiefaRoo
07-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Patteu seems to me to be a clear minded conservative and from what I've seen a good American who believes in defending what we have here and not wanting to have it changed by the likes of George Soros groups and/or those crazy ME bastards. He's solid.

Logical
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Patteu seems to me to be a clear minded conservative and from what I've seen a good American who believes in defending what we have here and not wanting to have it changed by the likes of George Soros groups and/or those crazy ME bastards. He's solid.I hate to disillusion you but not everyone who does not support George Bush is a follower of George Soros

BucEyedPea
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I hate to disillusion you but not everyone who does not support George Bush is a follower of George Soros
Probably a greater amount of them aren't followers either.
But today's right only can see things in a black-white 2 valued logic manner or a Manichean pov which is
If you don't agree with Bush you're a liberal or a left wing nut.

Baby Lee
07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't know if patteau's support is reflexive or heartfelt. But even at it's bleeding edge of torsion, his analysis is still analysis. A long way from 'Clinton's position is right, just look at his polling numbers.'

Mr. Kotter
07-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't know if patteau's support is reflexive or heartfelt. But even at it's bleeding edge of torsion, his analysis is still analysis. A long way from 'Clinton's position is right, just look at his polling numbers.'

Baby Lee does his best immitation of Vince Carter.....and stuffs it home. ROFL

Baby Lee
07-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I hate to disillusion you but not everyone who does not support George Bush is a follower of George Soros
Hate to disillusion YOU!! [I don't know Butchie instead], but not everyone attempts to contextualize and analyze the events of the day dispassionately are knee-jerk Bush supporters.
Sometimes, when people are emoting "everyone and everything is a total clusterfark," one feels the urge to point out it's NOT everyone, and NOT everything, and NOT a total clusterfark.
Doesn't mean it's our personal optimal situation, just providing a contextual backdrop.

Logical
07-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Hate to disillusion YOU!! [I don't know Butchie instead], but not everyone attempts to contextualize and analyze the events of the day dispassionately are knee-jerk Bush supporters.
Sometimes, when people are emoting "everyone and everything is a total clusterfark," one feels the urge to point out it's NOT everyone, and NOT everything, and NOT a total clusterfark.
Doesn't mean it's our personal optimal situation, just providing a contextual backdrop.

You managed to get your own words so twisted they have lost context. Nice.

Mr. Kotter
07-06-2007, 05:36 PM
You managed to get your own words so twisted they have lost context. Nice.

I understand precisely what he is saying.

Try rereading it, Jim. Slowly. ;)

Baby Lee
07-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I understand precisely what he is saying.

Try rereading it, Jim. Slowly. ;)
Maybe he's missed John from Cincinatti, too. :p

mlyonsd
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM

Best post of a sad thread. Well, except for the donkey part.

go bowe
07-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I hope you know that you've just blown your chance to host The First Ever Annual When We Remember To Do It Chiefs Planet D.C. Forum Bash, Human Be-In and Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.

And I'm really sorry about that steering wheel.acid? *perk*