PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's new Baconator

Count Zarth
07-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Ye gods.

http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=1&product=4

Six bacon slices piled high atop two 1/4 lb. fresh, never frozen, burger patties. Complete with American cheese and mayonnaise dressing on our signature premium bun. Go on, obsess a little.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8905/67086440ls6.png (http://imageshack.us)

cdcox
07-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I can get all of my daily fat and 40% of my total calories for the day in a single sandwhich. That seems really efficient.

luv
07-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I can get all of my daily fat and 40% of my total calories for the day in a single sandwhich. That seems really efficient.
That contains 83% of the calories I eat on a normal weekday.

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I stopped at Wendy's late last Friday night and was going to order one of those, but apparently the Wendy's by me just leaves all of their lights on (including the menu) after they close because I sat in the drive thru for over 5 minutes and no one ever acknowledged my presence. Or they're lazy dumbasses. So **** Wendy's.

luv
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I stopped at Wendy's late last Friday night and was going to order one of those, but apparently the Wendy's by me just leaves all of their lights on (including the menu) after they close because I sat in the drive thru for over 5 minutes and no one ever acknowledged my presence. Or they're lazy dumbasses. So **** Wendy's.
Wendy's or Back Yard Burger are about the only two fast food places I would get a burger. If I ate fast food hamburgers anymore.

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Wendy's or Back Yard Burger are about the only two fast food places I would get a burger. If I ate fast food hamburgers anymore.
You must've missed the part where I said **** Wendy's.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
looks good too bad i dont eat meat on fridays

luv
You must've missed the part where I said **** Wendy's.
Well, if you don't have a Back Yard Burger to fall back on, you're ****ed. :p

OnTheWarpath58
All the Wendy's franchises here were owned by the same guy....who apparently decided paying taxes wasn't important. So they all closed down....

So the only way I get Wendy's is when I'm in KC or out of town.

The Spicy Chicken Sandwich is one of the best fast-food sandwiches ever....

luv
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Agreed.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM

\rep

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, if you don't have a Back Yard Burger to fall back on, you're ****ed. :p
Nah, we have a kickass local chain called Don & Millie's, they have great burgers. The Mrs doesn't really care for them for some reason though.

BigRock
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I prefer their Diabetes Explosion burger.

CoMoChief
07-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Jr. Bacon Cheesburger, Chicken Nuggets, Fries, and a Frosty all for $4.

Gotta love that shit.

unothadeal
07-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Go on, obsess a little.
I thought that read: Go on, Obese a little

unothadeal
07-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Yup!

DanT
07-06-2007, 05:25 PM

ROFL

Smed1065
07-06-2007, 06:05 PM
\rep

The best IMO. and have been for 20 years.

luv
07-06-2007, 06:31 PM
The best IMO. and have been for 20 years.
They used to be a seasonal sandwich. They placed on the menu regularly whe I worked there 12 years ago. At least in Springfield, anyway.

sedated
07-06-2007, 06:45 PM
looks good too bad i dont eat meat on fridays

ROFL

I'm going to have a giant steak in your honor

(and my 12 beers are dedicated to baby jesus)

Frazod
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I too love the spicy chicken sandwich. Wendy's is far and away the best of the major fast food chains.

But my favorite fast food sandwich is the Hardees mushroom & swiss burger.

Logical
07-06-2007, 06:50 PM
looks good too bad i dont eat meat on fridaysGood grief Catholics gave up not eating meat on Fridays in the late 60s. What sect do you belong to?

sedated
07-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Sonic > Wendy's

Frazod
07-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Sonic > Wendy's

That may be - they're pretty close. I was thinking major chains (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's). Of those three, Wendy's dominates.

Fruit Ninja
07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Looks good. i dont eat burgers that often, as a matter of fact i have had 3 fast food hamburgers in the last year and a half I miss them big time, but i can now control it. haha Every once in a while, maybe once a month or something isnt bad.

plbrdude
07-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Good grief Catholics gave up not eating meat on Fridays in the late 60s. What sect do you belong to?

too bad no one told our school super. i graduated in '80 and don't ever remember anything but fish patties on fridays. i went to a k-12 school to boot.

luv
07-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Sonic > Wendy's
Overall, yes. I still think Wendy's has better burgers, though.

Bugeater
07-06-2007, 07:14 PM
too bad no one told our school super. i graduated in '80 and don't ever remember anything but fish patties on fridays. i went to a k-12 school to boot.
Same here, I went to public schools and all through elementary school we either had tuna salad, grilled cheese or mac 'n' cheese on Fridays. It was bullshit.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Good grief Catholics gave up not eating meat on Fridays in the late 60s. What sect do you belong to?

thats a common misconception that many Catholics have as well

Canon 1251 Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal
Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday.
Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

Canon 1252 The law of abstinence binds those who have completed their fourteenth year. The
law of fasting binds those who have attained their majority, until the beginning of their sixtieth
year. Pastors of souls and parents are to ensure that even those who by reason of their age are
not bound by the law of fasting and abstinence, are taught the true meaning of penance.

here is why most are confused and claim they gave up the requirement...

Canon 1253 The Episcopal Conference can determine more particular ways in which fasting and
abstinence are to be observed. In place of abstinence or fasting it can substitute, in whole or in
part, other forms of penance, especially works of charity and exercises of piety.

unfortunaly most do not complete the acts of penance of work of charity in place of abstaining from meat.

Count Zarth
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I've pretty much given up fast food. I had a Sourdough Jack on the way up to Springfield, the first fast food burger I've had in months, and it made me sick to my stomach.

Thig Lyfe
07-06-2007, 08:33 PM

unfortunaly most do not complete the acts of penance of work of charity in place of abstaining from meat.

You are aware that this rule was the result of a deal between the Vatican and the fishing industry, right?

Count Zarth
07-06-2007, 08:35 PM
You are aware that this rule was the result of a deal between the Vatican and the fishing industry, right?

Hahahahaha. Wow. The more I learn about Catholicism the more I am convinced it's the biggest load of bullshit in the history of civilization.

58-4ever
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
With medical advances and my youth, I don't see why this is a problem. :shake:

petegz28
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
This is Ricky Bobby and if you don't eat Backyard Burger then F**K YOU!

luv
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I've pretty much given up fast food. I had a Sourdough Jack on the way up to Springfield, the first fast food burger I've had in months, and it made me sick to my stomach.
I went to Taco Bell for dinner. I'm feeling the same way.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 08:45 PM

burden of proof is on you....prove this to me

Hahahahaha. Wow. The more I learn about Catholicism the more I am convinced it's the biggest load of bullshit in the history of civilization.

too bad your learing misconceptions... also not showing an genuine interest in how the Catholic church presents their religion and the Catholic church's evidence for its teachings,

rather you would take hearsay and preach it as truth and that is not fair to the Religion or people that listen to you

Count Zarth
07-06-2007, 08:46 PM
also not showing an genuine interest in how the Catholic church presents their religion

You're right. I don't give a shit about propaganda.

luv
07-06-2007, 08:48 PM
How in the hell did a hamburger thread become a religious debate?

Count Zarth
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
How in the hell did a hamburger thread become a religious debate?

Because SLAGTHOLIC just had to go and preach about how god-fearing and holy he is for not eating meat on Fridays.

SLAG
07-06-2007, 08:49 PM
You're right.

Thanks for being Honest

and finally something we can agree upon

listopencil
07-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't know for certain but I've heard that originally eating fish had to do with letting God provide for you, that you "fasted" from food that was provided by mankind and you were supposed to go catch a fish and eat it. So buying a McFish sandwich from the drive through doesn't really count as "fasting".

Guru
07-06-2007, 11:38 PM

That employee obviously was.

Logical
07-06-2007, 11:48 PM

I think you and those like you are the rare exception (at least in the US) sort of like the ultra stict Jewish sects. They and your type are few and far between. Congrats on your strict observation of a little followed practice.

Logical
07-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't know for certain but I've heard that originally eating fish had to do with letting God provide for you, that you "fasted" from food that was provided by mankind and you were supposed to go catch a fish and eat it. So buying a McFish sandwich from the drive through doesn't really count as "fasting".

This is a good point, prior to the change it was almost nothing but Mac and Cheese and Spaghetti no meat sauce for my family, we did not even have fish.

Logical
07-06-2007, 11:52 PM
I went to Taco Bell for dinner. I'm feeling the same way.

If you ate at Taco Bell you can still be a good Catholic as you won't find real meat there.:D

Marlboro_Chief
07-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Right now I am eating a Baconator after smoking a bowl and drinking a Budweiser.

Sure-Oz
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Those are my two fav. fast food burger joints....the BYB buffalo ranch salad.... :drool:

SLAG
07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Right now I am eating a Baconator after smoking a bowl and drinking a Budweiser.

only missing the prostitutes

eff the donkeys
07-10-2007, 09:43 AM
You don't miss prostitutes, silly! You pay them to go away!

Short Leash Hootie
07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
that thing must have a LOT of calories then...

(lol)

Sure-Oz
07-10-2007, 10:21 AM
i may have to get me a baconater at lunch today

seclark
07-10-2007, 10:40 AM
had one yesterday. told them to hold the mayo and the rabbit food. got a couple packets of their chili sauce and poured them on the samby.
it was nails, until about 2pm when i was hit w/a bout of the runnin drizzlies.

no more baconators.
sec

chagrin
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM
only missing the prostitutes

WTF, is over-head there too? Always nice to hear about proud parents getting high

Count Zarth
07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
had one yesterday. told them to hold the mayo and the rabbit food. got a couple packets of their chili sauce and poured them on the samby.
it was nails, until about 2pm when i was hit w/a bout of the runnin drizzlies.

no more baconators.
sec

How can you eat a burger without lettuce and tomato? Heathen.

boogblaster
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
They sound good too me .....

SPchief
07-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Ye gods.

mayonnaise dressing

Why the mayo? It's rediculous how they think that people want mayo on their burger.

Count Zarth
07-10-2007, 11:21 AM
I like mayo on my burgers.

luv
07-10-2007, 11:23 AM
that thing must have a LOT of calories then...

(lol)
It doesn't take a math wizard to figure out that 830 is 83% of 1000.

OnTheWarpath58
07-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Yesterday, I started helping a client of my wife's to make some extra cash before the fall semester starts.

The jobsite (I'm printing blueprints) is about 30 miles south of my place. So about 5 miles before my exit, I see one of those roadside signs that tell you what kind of services are ahead....

I see Wendy's.

I try not to get too excited, because a lot of those signs haven't been changed since they closed all the stores here. But, since I'm running early, I decide to see if they're open.

Sure enough, by complete mistake, I found the nearest Wendy's that hadn't been shut down by the Tax Man.

And damn, was that Spicy Chicken Sammich good......

seclark
07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
How can you eat a burger without lettuce and tomato? Heathen.
gives me the shits.
sec

Mile High Mania
07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
How can you eat a burger without lettuce and tomato...

...Heinz Fifty-seven and French fried potatoes.

DiaperBoy27
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
burden of proof is on you....prove this to me

ROFL

coming from a catholic?

oh, the irony!

SLAG
07-10-2007, 12:41 PM
ROFL

coming from a catholic?

oh, the irony!

I guess I'm Missing your Point DiaperBoy,

he made a claim and I was just asking for his proof to support his claim.

Whats so Ironic about this
:hmmm:

gblowfish
07-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Wendy's spicy chicken sammich
Baked Potato with small order of chili,
pour 1/2 chili over the baked potato,
crunch up the three or four packs of crackers
that came with the chili;
pour them into the chili and stir.

Wash it down with a cold coke.

Yummy.
Great on a cold day.

ChiTown
07-10-2007, 12:50 PM

1000 Calories per day?

Jayzus! I burp up more than that after lunch.

Buehler445
07-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Had one today. It was good. Not worth $6 though.

listopencil
07-10-2007, 02:15 PM

So, you only consume 1000 calories a day M-F? I find that hard to believe.

Short Leash Hootie
07-10-2007, 03:01 PM
It doesn't take a math wizard to figure out that 830 is 83% of 1000.
Jesus Christ you really need to get a nice, swift kick from the common sense fairy.

Fruit Ninja
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
So, you only consume 1000 calories a day M-F? I find that hard to believe.
I am pretty sure she is almost starving herself. That or she's eating food that has no taste. i have been there before and it sucked horribly. Just with a little exercise you can treat yourself once a week to something greasy. lol

DiaperBoy27
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I guess I'm Missing your Point DiaperBoy,

he made a claim and I was just asking for his proof to support his claim.

Whats so Ironic about this
:hmmm:

a person spamming a religion based on blind faith (as they all are) is asking for proof before he will believe a conspiracy theory.

you don't see the irony in that?

you've made countless religious claims on this board, and you have offered no proof (because there is none). so you are, therefore, a hypocrite.

KCChiefsMan
07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I've been liking the Carl's JR near my place, the other day I got what they call a "double $6 cheeseburger" It was so big I had to work my way from top to bottom, $9 for the value meal and it was worth it, I couldn't even eat it all

WARPARTY70
07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey luv,do you use this?

Immaculate
07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Hoooray fatness.

SLAG
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
a person spamming a religion based on blind faith (as they all are) is asking for proof before he will believe a conspiracy theory.

you don't see the irony in that?

you've made countless religious claims on this board, and you have offered no proof (because there is none). so you are, therefore, a hypocrite.

Well For one i would have to state that your Idea of Spamming is greatly disordered as I have not Spammed this board at all and if you feel different I would ask you to procure proof of my spamming as well

In regard to the proof I give it is mostly from the Bible and the writings of Early Church Fathers, I can produce much proof from these sources for all and any of my claims

when somone makes a statement such as..

Then the burden of proof is on them, not on me.

Not sure how any of that equals Hyprocacy or Spamming

Sure-Oz
07-10-2007, 04:43 PM
What better, the baconater or the Spicy Chicken sandwich(the main reason i go to wendys)

sportsman1
07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Im a Hardees fanatic, but im not going to lie that looks freaking awesome!

DiaperBoy27
07-11-2007, 08:08 AM
In regard to the proof I give it is mostly from the Bible and the writings of Early Church Fathers, I can produce much proof from these sources for all and any of my claims

Then the burden of proof is on them, not on me.

Not sure how any of that equals Hyprocacy or Spamming

Books prove nothing, its just one interprettion of how things could have been (nevermind the constant re-writes).
The Bible "proves" about as much as The Cat and the Hat.

spamming comment aside: you don't find someone, who bases their major philosophical beliefs and life's mission on blind faith, saying "prove it to me" a little ironic?

Raiderhader
07-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm still waiting for them to bring back the cheddar lover's bacon cheese burger. :harumph:

luv
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
What better, the baconater or the Spicy Chicken sandwich(the main reason i go to wendys)
I've never had the baconator, but I'm still going to say the spicy chicken.

It sounds gross, but the longer one sits in the warming drawer, the hotter it gets. When I worked there, one of our managers put one in there when he opened and ate it when his shift was over. The chicken wasn't juicy, but he said it was one of the best ones he'd had.

KCChiefsMan
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I've never had the baconator, but I'm still going to say the spicy chicken.

It sounds gross, but the longer one sits in the warming drawer, the hotter it gets. When I worked there, one of our managers put one in there when he opened and ate it when his shift was over. The chicken wasn't juicy, but he said it was one of the best ones he'd had.

maybe he's just weird. That sounds gross

DMAC
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Floppy, nasty bacon. Too much mayo. It was flattened to the size of a McDonalds hamburger.

I was going to take a picture to post it...but I can't leave my food, for fear of it disappearing somehow.

DMAC's take: NOT RECOMMENDED

Spicy Chicken? RECOMMENDED

Thig Lyfe
07-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Floppy, nasty bacon. Too much mayo. It was flattened to the size of a McDonalds hamburger.

I was going to take a picture to post it...but I can't leave my food, for fear of it disappearing somehow.

DMAC's take: NOT RECOMMENDED

Spicy Chicken? RECOMMENDED

Jesus loves you more.

chagrin
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Okay - just got my baconator. I am 65% through it and I like it alot, I just scrped off the mayo, it wasn't much.
Good stuff!

Scaga
07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Just had my first one as well....
6 pieces of bacon? Liars!
3 pieces cut in half...

Probably be better with the triple stack special they got going, 99 cent fries, plus the 99 cent drink would be a better value, instead of the $6.43 combo BS.

:banghead:

bdeg
07-19-2007, 11:37 AM
My baconator had an unknown # of strips bacon piled right on top of each other. Like one big really thick strip.

Talk about lazy, they can't even separate the slices and place them on the burger?

Pitt Gorilla
07-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Did Jesus talk about steaks and Fridays, or is that a man-authored thing (an anti-Man Law, if you will)? BTW, a steak at Friday's would own.

Saulbadguy
07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Did Jesus talk about steaks and Fridays, or is that a man-authored thing (an anti-Man Law, if you will)? BTW, a steak at Friday's would own.
How come fish isn't considered meat? That's stupid.

Cochise
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM

I know a Hindu guy who won't eat meat, but he'll eat fish. :spock:

Saulbadguy
07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
I know a Hindu guy who won't eat meat, but he'll eat fish. :spock:
Is he allowed to eat meat on fridays?

luv
07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I agree.

I looked up some Catholic Q&A site. There, they said that they were not to eat the meat of any warm blooded animal. Since fish and seafood are cold blooded, then they are okay to eat. Also, having something to do with the Greek word having something to do with Jesus.

http://www.scborromeo.org/glad/c12.htm

Q. Why can't you eat meat on Fridays during Lent?
Q. During Lent we do not eat meat on Fridays. Isn't fish considered meat?
Q. Why do you give up stuff for Lent?

The practice of abstinence (doing without certain things) goes back to the Old Testament and the Jewish dietary laws which were carried over into parts of the early Christian church until the Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15). The theological reasoning is that it is a method of atoning for sin since chastising the body brings it under control of the spirit. Abstinence is first mentioned in a Church document in a decree of the Council of Toledo in the year A.D. 447 where the custom was to abstain primarily from meat on all Fridays and on days of penance. Canon 1251 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law prescribes "abstinence from meat, or from some other food as decided upon by the Episcopal Conference (conference of bishops) on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday." The National Conference of Catholic Bishops of the United States made abstinence from meat mandatory on Ash Wednesday and all Fridays of Lent and recommended that it be observed on all Fridays of the year but has allowed individual Catholics to substitute another penance on Fridays if they could not abstain from meat. For purposes of abstinence, fish is not considered to be meat because it comes from a cold-blooded animal rather than a warm-blooded one. Secondarily, early Christian art and literature used fish as a symbol of the Eucharist because the Greek word for fish, ichthus, is an acrostic (the first letters form the word) for "Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior."
The 40 days of Lent (Sundays are excluded from the count since we celebrate the resurrection of the Lord on this day) signify the change which we wish to make in our life. Throughout Holy Scripture, the number 40 signifies a time of change. During this time abstinence from something, whether it be sweets, coffee or TV is an offering to God and a method of prayer. Every time we are tempted by whatever we have decided to abstain from, we are to remind ourselves that we have given this up for God so that He can bring us closer to Him.

Cochise
07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
A thousand calories probably isn't even enough to meet basic metabolic needs, is it? That's nuts. I know when I have figured my basic metabolic calories before it comes up at like 3,000.

Stewie
07-19-2007, 02:53 PM
A thousand calories probably isn't even enough to meet basic metabolic needs, is it? That's nuts. I know when I have figured my basic metabolic calories before it comes up at like 3,000.

A rough estimate of calories needed is 15 calories per pound of body weight (assuming moderate exercise). A 200lb. guy needs 3000 calories per day to maintain that weight.

luv
07-20-2007, 01:37 AM
A rough estimate of calories needed is 15 calories per pound of body weight (assuming moderate exercise). A 200lb. guy needs 3000 calories per day to maintain that weight.
And less in order to lose.

ChiefFan31
07-20-2007, 03:31 AM
This thread has probably taken fourteen turns in five pages...but about the baconator from Wendy's...its looks like ass.

Big pile of dogshit.

I absolutely love me a good bacon cheeseburger, but you wont find one at a FF joint.

chagrin
07-20-2007, 05:13 AM
This thread has probably taken fourteen turns in five pages...but about the baconator from Wendy's...its looks like ass.

Big pile of dogshit.

I absolutely love me a good bacon cheeseburger, but you wont find one at a FF joint.

All I can say is that the one I had was good, the beef patties were good, no unidentitifed chewy rubber stuff, the 6 strips of smked bacon were not flimsy, and were awesome. I enjoyed it, even for a FF joint.

That was my experience.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 01:45 AM
I had one for lunch yesterday, yek. Too much mayo and they should never put catsup on a hamburger.

luv
07-27-2007, 01:47 AM
I had one for lunch yesterday, yek. Too much mayo and they should never put catsup on a hamburger.
You could always ask for light mayo and no catsup.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 01:57 AM
You could always ask for light mayo and no catsup.

You are right, I hadn't paid any attention to what they put on them until I saw the stuff oozing out. I was hungry, so I woofed it down anyway.
Do you like them?
I think I will just return to the old stand by, when visiting Wendys, the triple with no mayo, ketchup or tomatoes. :D