PDA

View Full Version : Home Opener!!

B2chiefsfan
04-24-2001, 06:07 PM
How many people like the idea of having the Raiduhs for the Home Opener?? Especially after the draft.

Will Gannon stilled get cheered even though Grbac is gone?

Will Robinson's schemes stuff the running game?

Which draftees will take the field and make a sudden impact??

What thoughts will be running through your head just before kickoff on opening day??

Feel free to give your two cents, Hawaiin!!!

Archie F. Swin
04-24-2001, 07:18 PM
How many people like the idea of having the Raiduhs for the Home Opener??
the only good thing about opening with Raiders, is that they won't know what to expect. We also wont go in with a record

he better not

I'm more concerned about the personell on the field

I'm still lookin' for slymo

What thoughts will be running through your head just before kickoff on opening day??
"c'mon guys, they're in your house"

keg in kc
04-24-2001, 07:25 PM

"Damn! I need a bigger TV!!"

and/or

"Damn! I wish I had tickets!"

Take your pick...

Warrior5
04-24-2001, 08:13 PM
"How many people like the idea of having the Raiduhs for the Home Opener?? Especially after the draft."
What better team to open against? We'll find out real quick if we're going to be a contender or not.

"Will Gannon stilled get cheered even though Grbac is gone?"
Gannon will get cheered, but not by me.

"Will Robinson's schemes stuff the running game?"
Maybe...the constant dink-dunk threat will keep the Chiefs guessing unless Hicks / Clemmons / Beisel(?) can crush Gannon often and early

"Which draftees will take the field and make a sudden impact??"
I'll answer after TC.

"What thoughts will be running through your head just before kickoff on opening day??"
REVENGE! and "Glad Glock isn't here to give them an extra 20 yards and 4 First Downs."

JohninGpt
04-24-2001, 08:31 PM
If he does we'll have to send in Terdell Sands to squish him like Saragusa.

I hope so, but I can't help but think about a cold December day in Arrowhead last season. Trich ran all over Robinsons schemes.

I think Snoop will be the first to make an impact , I just hope his 165lbs don't get squished like a Saragusa.

Don't miss Charlie Brown?

Cormac
04-24-2001, 08:38 PM
How many people like the idea of having the Raiduhs for the Home Opener?? Especially after the draft.
I think it's going to be great. We'll see a level of passion we haven't seen in 2 seasons IMO. This comes with faith in your coaching staff and its philosophy, not a worn-out diatribe from a worn-out, non-sleeping HC.

No. The city is going to be all about Trent Green by the time Sept rolls around. It already nearly is from what I gather.

Now, that's a little optimistic. My answer is no. Robinson's run defense is suspect at least after last season. Ditto our players with respect to run defense. Add in Wheatley (who kills us) and now Garner, and I think this is the most bleak aspect from which to look at this game.......so I'll stop! ;)

Unfortunately......Derrick Gibson and DeLawrence Grant :(
Snoopy and (possibly) Beisel might take the field for us, but it would be premature to expect an impact.

Please, just kick it past the 15....(whoever you are!).... :eek:

JohninGpt
04-24-2001, 08:48 PM
Looking at my last post I see that I am now regular, without eating a single bran muffin!

John
-haven't been regular in years

hawaiianboy
04-24-2001, 09:17 PM
Other than that pit that is Pile High... Arrowhead is the last place I want to be on opening day...

1] There will be 75,000 sweaty, screaming Chief fans yelling their collective heads off...

2] Revenge factor... Nobody in KC will forget that we've taken the last 2 in KC in heart breaking fashion...

3] Renewed enthusiasm... New coach, new QB, new RB.... Optimism will be at an alltime high... [unless VD bombs in preseason and calls it quits for the third time]...

4] Onfield leadership at QB... never thought of Green as an elite QB, but he gives the Chiefs a the first leader at QB since, well, Gannon..
Can't stress how big this is...

5] Robinson has had success stopping our power running game, ie Wheatley..
and knows our tendancies very well...

Reasons I'm confident...

1] It'll take the Rams Lite awhile to get VD's offense down... Its success depends on perfect timing and the WR and QB seeing the same thing.

2] Mentally, we've established we can win at Arrowhead... I think Gannon likes sticking it to the KC upper mgt....

3] KC's LB's do not match Robinsons schemes... GR likes to have his LB's be physical at the point, while the LB's you have on roster flourish in space, IMO...

4] You did not improve your CB's or DT's over last season IMO... I'm real surprised you did not take Kenny Smith or William Peterson in RD3... or Mario Monds in RD4... Unless a FA signing is eminent... I feel confident we can run and pass against you... You're solid at DE however....
5] Robinson's D has stopped our power running game but our speed backs have given his D fits.... Garner is huge in this game...

It should be an intense game as usual, but as of now, you haven't improved your D nearly as much as I thought you would...so I feel somewhat confident but by no means comfortable...
I'll miss Gunther and Chet that day as I'm sure you will....

redhed
04-24-2001, 09:28 PM
Whassamattah? A true player wants the big game. I'm gonna be luvin' it!!
It's going to be nice giving the 'durrz their first loss!!
I know it seems impossible, but Gannon both blows and sucks!

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!

WisChief
04-24-2001, 09:33 PM
I love it. The draft means squat. 3 of the last 4 is good, very good, but that time has come and gone!! But most of all I'll be wishing I wasn't sitting in the stink'n arss bar by myself watching on the 12" with 500 Butt-Pack fans in the background.

Probably, but at least I'll be in the above mentioned bar and I won't have to listen to it in person and puke.

This could be our ace against the silver and black. He has stopped this team aplenty.

TRENT GREEN AND DICK VERMIEL our #1 and #2 picks in the 2001 NFL Draft.

mlyonsd
04-24-2001, 09:33 PM
Sorry JQ but if there was ever a game we might win this upcoming season it will be the opener.

Too many factors going against the hated Raiders. There are enough old Chiefs left to get the rest of the team up for it.

I'll make a little friendly wager with you the Chiefs cover the spread (if they are giving points) or win the game outright if the Raiders are favored.

I might be a homer but this is one game I wouldn't want to bet against the Chiefs.

I bet 1 ton of this good old South Dakota black dirt. (You pay shipping). If that isn't incentive enough lets talk, I'm sure we can work something out.

Raiderhader
04-24-2001, 09:35 PM
heh hawaii naive-0

Haha that's funny Red Head!

What better way to get up for opening day than to know that you have your most despised enemy coming to town! I can't wait for a good old fashioned whippin' of the faiduhs by the Chiefs! I better stop thinking about it now, the more I do the more want to see it, and I still five long months to go.:(

hawaiianboy
04-24-2001, 09:44 PM
redhead.... I'm sure you'd like the idea of opening in Oakland to put it in prospective?.... I'm not afraid of the big game in any way.... I'd rather end the year at Arrowhead when it may mean more.... Remember the last time we had the "last dance" together? DOH

myonsd...

I'll see your ton of South Dakota sod and raise you a ton of sand...

WisChief... Ask Robinson about that 230 Nap put on him a few years back..
.. I'll say this about him.... when a RB hits on him... they take it deeeep....

The one good thing about seeing you guys so soon?

The scars of that 49 we hung on ya haven't healed yet... Some salt the first week should do ya just fine..

ExtremeChief
04-24-2001, 09:45 PM
How many people like the idea of having the Raiduhs for the Home Opener?? I can't think of a better measuring stick than the Raiders to see if the team is gelling under the new scheme.

I don't believe so. Trents charisma should have won them over by then. Unless he gets hurt, then they may just boo Bubby.

Ummm...I don't think so. I think it will be a pointfest.

Hard to say. I like Blaylock on a 3rd and 12.

Finally!!!!!! the season is starting

happy that I learned CTL-C and CTL-V...

mlyonsd
04-24-2001, 09:53 PM
LOL@JQ, we better stop now before the conservationists get involved.

I do think though you are under estimating the 2001 Chiefs. They might have enough fire power to withstand the 40 points you guys will put up.

I still would be happy to make a friendly wager, something like a 12 pack through the mail. Winner names his brew.

WisChief
04-24-2001, 09:57 PM
Hawaiian,

Ask Nap about the looses to Robinson - DOH!!! ;)

cjderby
04-24-2001, 10:20 PM
"What thoughts will be going through your head?" I'll just be pumped that the season has started!

How about this question, what thought will be going through Gannon's head?

"Sure am glad Siragusa isn't here! Hey, who's that Terdell guy over there? Holy sh!t!!!" :)

hawaiianboy
04-24-2001, 10:30 PM
Who in Gods name would be so cruel as to name their son Terdell?

Phobia
04-24-2001, 11:28 PM
His name isn't really terdell, it's Shi-ted, he changed in in College because they just skipped over it when doing player introductions.