PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul beats Giuliani in NH Straw Poll

Taco John
07-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Ron Paul Wins Big in First New Hampshire Straw Poll

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 7, 2007

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA Presidential candidate Ron Paul today won the Coalition for New Hampshire Taxpayers (CNHT) straw poll at their annual picnic in Hopkinton, New Hampshire. Dr. Paul received 182 of 294 votes cast, or 65 percent. In second place was Rudy Giuliani with 24 votes, or 8 percent.

"Today's strong victory is further proof that Dr. Paul's message is resonating throughout New Hampshire," said campaign manager Lew Moore. "Dr. Paul is the only candidate in this race truly dedicated to smaller government and lower taxes for all Americans."

CNHT is a statewide, grassroots organization dedicated to reducing the size of government at all levels, stopping judicial activism, providing students and parents with a choice of educational opportunities, expanding job markets, and protecting property rights.

-30-

http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/07/press-release-r.html

Taco John
07-08-2007, 02:31 AM
It's just a straw poll, but they use those to guage the wind of public opinion. At the very least, this demonstrates that Paul's message is indeed resonating with Americans.

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Ron Paul. The choice of many New Hampshire picnickers in 2008.

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2007, 02:37 AM
It's just a straw poll, but they use those to guage the wind of public opinion. At the very least, this demonstrates that Paul's message is indeed resonating with Americans.

It shows that his message is resonating with 182 New Hampshirans at a picnic.

Hey, maybe you have a point. In Ron Pauls's world, that's pretty close to a primary victory.

Taco John
07-08-2007, 02:47 AM
It shows that his message is resonating with 182 New Hampshirans at a picnic.

Hey, maybe you have a point. In Ron Pauls's world, that's pretty close to a primary victory.

Are you saying that Ron Paul has cornered the picknic demographic or something?

I'm not all that interested in getting in a pissing match over it. Even if Ron Paul has only captured the picknicer Demographic in New Hampshire as you seem to be suggesting, at least he's winning over family oriented conservatives who are getting out and socializing. I can live with that.

Taco John
07-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Maybe you're right, though... After looking up their website, it turns out that the Coalition of New Hampshire Taxpayers (http://www.cnht.org/) is some fringe group who are for smaller government, lower taxes, and more freedom.

Freakin' whackos!

BucEyedPea
07-08-2007, 06:51 AM
The ONE state I think Paul could win is NH. Buchanan did, even if it was all downhill from there. NH is very much a paleo-conservative stronghold and it has an active libertarian demographic. A key conservative in the NH legislature has already publicly endorsed him. If the Manchester-Union endorses him, and it could, it will give him another boost. Besides I'm hearin' that there are more than a few Paul posters and signs up already. I'm seein' a lot along the highway just south of me as well.

a1na2
07-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Ron Paul Wins Big in First New Hampshire Straw Poll

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 7, 2007

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA Presidential candidate Ron Paul today won the Coalition for New Hampshire Taxpayers (CNHT) straw poll at their annual picnic in Hopkinton, New Hampshire. Dr. Paul received 182 of 294 votes cast, or 65 percent. In second place was Rudy Giuliani with 24 votes, or 8 percent.

"Today's strong victory is further proof that Dr. Paul's message is resonating throughout New Hampshire," said campaign manager Lew Moore. "Dr. Paul is the only candidate in this race truly dedicated to smaller government and lower taxes for all Americans."

CNHT is a statewide, grassroots organization dedicated to reducing the size of government at all levels, stopping judicial activism, providing students and parents with a choice of educational opportunities, expanding job markets, and protecting property rights.

-30-

http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/07/press-release-r.html
It would be my opinion that straw polls do nothing other than to give someone a woodie about their candidate. After November 2008 we will see.

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Are you saying that Ron Paul has cornered the picknic demographic or something?

No. I'm just belittling your opinion, as usual.

(BTW: It's not really important, but, "Picnic," "Picnicker." Not "Picknicer." It works like "Traffic" and "Trafficker." You have to use insert the "k" in the right place.)

Taco John
07-08-2007, 10:36 AM
No. I'm just belittling your opinion, as usual.

(BTW: It's not really important, but, "Picnic," "Picnicker." Not "Picknicer." It works like "Traffic" and "Trafficker." You have to use insert the "k" in the right place.)

Yes, Miss ClevelandBronco.

Direckshun
07-08-2007, 10:57 AM
The ONE state I think Paul could win is NH. Buchanan did, even if it was all downhill from there. NH is very much a paleo-conservative stronghold and it has an active libertarian demographic.
Exactly.

BucEyedPea
07-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Yes, Miss ClevelandBronco.
Another female? Does this title mean this poster is in a beauty pageant? :p

Ugly Duck
07-08-2007, 12:12 PM
This is bad news for Dems. We gotta find some way to keep Rudy out in front....

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Another female? Does this title mean this poster is in a beauty pageant? :p

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Taco John again."

No. He's being cute because he's being "schooled."

Cochise
07-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm confused. This is a poll of an advocacy group?