PDA

View Full Version : Does George Stephanopoulos have it out for Ron Paul?

RedDread
07-08-2007, 11:47 PM
I sure thought so after watching this. I bet he doesn't pull out his bigboy pants if he gets any of the "bigger" candidates on his show.

The exchange I'm talking about starts around the 6:45 mark.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5PGYbM1uWA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5PGYbM1uWA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Here's a direct link to it, Paul acts like a gentleman throughout but you can bet he wanted to punch George in his smug little face.

video of just the incident itself:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Download/19128/2/THIS-Week-ron_paul_you_wont_win.mov

ClevelandBronco
07-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Good interview.

Why haven't I seen that very effective use of typography in the word "Revolution" before? That's seriously great design.

I hope the man can influence my party, but he has no place leading it.

RedDread
07-09-2007, 12:20 AM
What if I were to tell you that the man is your only hope to retain the white house in 2009?

ClevelandBronco
07-09-2007, 12:39 AM
What if I were to tell you that the man is your only hope to retain the white house in 2009?

I'd tell you that you're delusional, but I'd happily welcome him in the White House before any Democrat.

wazu
07-09-2007, 01:03 AM

I actually believe Hillary is the best hope for the Republican party. I don't see any way she wins. I think Gore will announce and win it all anyway. After all, he's a "rock star" now.

ClevelandBronco
07-09-2007, 01:21 AM
I think Gore will announce and win it all anyway. After all, he's a "rock star" now.

Yeah. Bob Geldof's career really took off after Band Aid or Live Aid or whatever.

Logical
07-09-2007, 02:22 AM
I actually believe Hillary is the best hope for the Republican party. I don't see any way she wins. I think Gore will announce and win it all anyway. After all, he's a "rock star" now.I now think choosing the Chimp over Gore was a mistake. I do think he is the only Dem out there who appears to have a solid shot at winning the whole enchilada.

BucEyedPea
07-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Why haven't I seen that very effective use of typography in the word "Revolution" before? That's seriously great design.
Yeah! That was cool....especially with the music at the end and Washington crossing the Delaware.I have to steal it.
I said months ago, here, that I thought there was going to be revolution.

I hope the man can influence my party, but he has no place leading it.
Let's hope that at least that happens. Even you Tories have some sense.

Are you going to hum the "Impossible Dream" now?

BTW folks, I didn't think George S was that bad. I think Paul's used to hostility.
He was no where near the demagoguery of Rudy.

BucEyedPea
07-09-2007, 07:13 AM
FTR Paul may not have accepted MC and MC from his patients but he has delivered thousands of babies for free and he has directed patients toward place where they could get cheaper pharmaceuticals.

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2007, 07:58 AM

I'd tell you you are being silly. If you think the country is going to elect Obama or Hillary....without a serious fight.....you are woefully naive.

go bowe
07-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I'd tell you you are being silly. If you think the country is going to elect Obama or Hillary....without a serious fight.....you are woefully naive.ooh ooh, where can i get one of those?

this woefully naive native is ready to be serious...

otoh, maby not...

go bowe
07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I'd tell you you are being silly. If you think the country is going to elect Obama or Hillary....without a serious fight.....you are woefully naive.i don't know about the country, but i would have a hard time voting for rudy or mccain...

and among the dems, hussein is the only one i'd vote for...

well, maby joe biden, but he's got about as much chance as ron paul of getting the nomination...

well, if hillary is the nominee and someone not named rudy or mccain is the republican nominee, i'd give serious thought to voting republican...

again...

(yes, folks, i voted for the chimp both times even though he was a republican... i now view this a serious mistake on my part...)

Dallas Chief
07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
He was really out of line with both Ron Paul and Mike Gravel by telling them they have no chance at all. World class journalism there. I wonder if he would do the same thing to Billary?

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2007, 08:52 PM
He was really out of line with both Ron Paul and Mike Gravel by telling them they have no chance at all. World class journalism there. I wonder if he would do the same thing to Billary?

It's the truth. Period.

They have NO chance. Sorry.

go bowe
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
He was really out of line with both Ron Paul and Mike Gravel by telling them they have no chance at all. World class journalism there. I wonder if he would do the same thing to Billary?telling a candidate that they have no chance at all is a pretty reasonable thing to say to candidates who have no chance at all...

don't get me wrong, i would never defend george shithead stonopilis...

but in this case, i don't think it was improper to include obvious facts in framing a question to a candidate who everyone knows can't win the nomination...

as far as ms. clinton goes, she obviously has a chance to win the nomination...

so what is this "same thing" stuff?

Dallas Chief
07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
It's the truth. Period.

They have NO chance. Sorry.
I know that, you know that, they know that, everybody knows that. My point was that George Stephanopoulos was a complete asshole. I don't care for either of the two. But these two guys are, IMO, elder statesmen and deserve to be treated wi th a certain level of respect. At least more than that little creep showed them.

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2007, 09:58 PM
... But these two guys are, IMO, elder statesmen and deserve to be treated wi th a certain level of respect. ...

Not in our system, when it's nothing more than an utter and complete ruse. Sorry. Face the facts, jack. :shrug:

Dallas Chief
07-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Not in our system, when it's nothing more than an utter and complete ruse. Sorry. Face the facts, jack. :shrug:
Wow. You have said it and it is so.

recxjake
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
I like Ron Paul.

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Wow. You have said it and it is so.

Thanks for seeing the truth. :)

Logical
07-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Wow. You have said it and it is so.Wow is this another Tom CASH persona or just someone imitating his arrogance?

Mr. Kotter
07-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Wow is this another Tom CASH persona or just someone imitating his arrogance?

Thanks, Duhnise.

go bowe
07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Not in our system, when it's nothing more than an utter and complete ruse. Sorry. Face the facts, jack. :shrug:you should use an automatic milker, that would help fill the utters...

Dallas Chief
07-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Wow is this another Tom CASH persona or just someone imitating his arrogance?
Nope. No Tom CASH here. I just prefer not to waist my energy on someone you can't get through to. It's funny because I usually agree with what Mr. K says, more often than not. He missed my point totally in this instance. Paul and Gravel have both been in service to our country for some time and deserved a little more repsect than that little putz showed them. Or maybe I am just dumb and didn't understand his response. Probably not though. :hmmm:

Baby Lee
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Stephanopoulos - "Mr. Obama sir, you have a real cool style. Is that because you're black?"

ROFL ROFL

Silock
07-10-2007, 09:31 PM

The only reason they don't have a "shot" is because of assholes like that douchenozzle who won't treat them like they're serious candidates.

Dallas Chief
07-10-2007, 10:27 PM
The only reason they don't have a "shot" is because of assholes like that douchenozzle who won't treat them like they're serious candidates.
I won't hide the fact that my political leanings are more to the right then to the left. BUT, I do like the fact that there are so many diverse choices on both sides. IMO, guys like George there are trying to work their own agenda by helping their cronies pick off the old, the weak, and the sickly. I am sure that there are guys on the right doing the same thing to the Huckabys and Brownbacks, but I don't know of anything specific.

Adept Havelock
07-10-2007, 10:45 PM
IMO, guys like George there are trying to work their own agenda by helping their cronies pick off the old, the weak, and the sickly.

:hmmm:

An apt analogy for the left and right wing media.

Mr. Kotter
07-10-2007, 10:50 PM
.... It's funny because I usually agree with what Mr. K says, more often than not. He missed my point totally in this instance. Paul and Gravel have both been in service to our country for some time and deserved a little more repsect than that little putz showed them. Or maybe I am just dumb and didn't understand his response. Probably not though. :hmmm:

Duhnise (Logical/Jim) was calling me Tom. I agree that Stephanopolus was rude. But the media doesn't give a damn about their service---unless they are first tier candidates. And while you and I might not like that, it's that way because....our system has become pretty entrenched, and it's unlikely to change anytime soon. As third/fourth tier candidates, they aren't really electable. It could change; but I really wouldn't hold my breath. That's all I'm saying. I didn't mean to be flippant. But the bottom-line is Stephanopolus is just doing what we, as American citizens do....only pay real attention to the top tier candidates. If these guys, miraculously, rise to that level....they'll get their "respect."

Logical
07-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Duhnise (Logical/Jim) was calling me Tom. I agree that Stephanopolus was rude. But the media doesn't give a damn about their service---unless they are first tier candidates. And while you and I might not like that, it's that way because....our system has become pretty entrenched, and it's unlikely to change anytime soon. As third/fourth tier candidates, they aren't really electable. It could change; but I really wouldn't hold my breath. That's all I'm saying. I didn't mean to be flippant. But the bottom-line is Stephanopolus is just doing what we, as American citizens do....only pay real attention to the top tier candidates. If these guys, miraculously, rise to that level....they'll get their "respect."No I was wondering if Dallas Chief was Tom or merely posting in Tom's style of arrogance. Is this the bizarre reason you have taken to the name Duhnise?

Adept Havelock
07-10-2007, 11:07 PM
No I was wondering if Dallas Chief was Tom or merely posting in Tom's style of arrogance. Is this the bizarre reason you have taken to the name Duhnise?

That, and his deep trauma from your defection to "The Dark Side of the Force".

:p

Logical
07-10-2007, 11:08 PM
That, and his deep trauma from your defection to "The Dark Side of the Force".

:pLOL

Dallas Chief
07-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Duhnise (Logical/Jim) was calling me Tom. I agree that Stephanopolus was rude. But the media doesn't give a damn about their service---unless they are first tier candidates. And while you and I might not like that, it's that way because....our system has become pretty entrenched, and it's unlikely to change anytime soon. As third/fourth tier candidates, they aren't really electable. It could change; but I really wouldn't hold my breath. That's all I'm saying. I didn't mean to be flippant. But the bottom-line is Stephanopolus is just doing what we, as American citizens do....only pay real attention to the top tier candidates. If these guys, miraculously, rise to that level....they'll get their "respect."
OK. I get it. I am more intrigued than normal in this run up to the election because of all the straying from main party lines, i.e. anti-war Republican's like Paul, Gravel's outlandish debates, etc... I think part of the problem is the fact that they aren't taken seriously by the media. Just like everything else, the media runs with only what's hot. BTW- Idon't disagree with your take on the way things are. I am just trying to be mindful of the fact it doesn't automatically make it right.

Dallas Chief
07-10-2007, 11:33 PM
No I was wondering if Dallas Chief was Tom or merely posting in Tom's style of arrogance. Is this the bizarre reason you have taken to the name Duhnise?
What was arrogant about my response? Your comment is very ironic, coming from the resident Elitist and all. 4321

Silock
07-11-2007, 01:32 AM
IMO, guys like George there are trying to work their own agenda by helping their cronies pick off the old, the weak, and the sickly. I am sure that there are guys on the right doing the same thing to the Huckabys and Brownbacks, but I don't know of anything specific.

I agree. Except I think Paul can hold his own.

Logical
07-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Wow. You have said it and it is so.Yup, no sarcastic arrogance in that response.

Dallas Chief
07-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Yup, no sarcastic arrogance in that response.
Sarcastic, yes. Guilty as charged. It is an apprpriate and measured response to being spoken down to.