PDA

View Full Version : Kristol: Bush has to take military action in Pakistan in coming weeks or months

Taco John
07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
<p><embed src="http://www.rawprint.com/fvp/flvplayer.swf" width="400" height="320" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></p>

Taco John
07-12-2007, 05:38 PM
That didn't work... You can find the video here:

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Neocon_Bill_Kristol_urges_Bush_to_0712.html

go bowe
07-12-2007, 11:13 PM
oh, why not?

first iraq, then pakistan...

then maby we'll take a crack at iran...

why not attack turkey while we're at it?

and north korea?

how 'bout them pesky russians?

and don't forget the chinese...

Taco John
07-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm all in favor of attacking Pakistan. I think this Iraq diversion was a serious mistake when we should have kept our eye on the war on terror.

(And no, I don't believe that removing Saddam has made us any safer. That case can't even be made at this point).

Unfortunately, I think Bush's executive war has damaged our ability to wage a war on terror in countries where we actually should be.

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm all in favor of attacking Pakistan. I think this Iraq diversion was a serious mistake when we should have kept our eye on the war on terror.

(And no, I don't believe that removing Saddam has made us any safer. That case can't even be made at this point).

Unfortunately, I think Bush's executive war has damaged our ability to wage a war on terror in countries where we actually should be.

We wouldn't attack Pakistan as a nation as it were we'd use some sort of coordinated attack with the Pakistani Govt. The AQ types hiding in Paki land want Musharaff dead as much as they want Bush dead. We'll work something out that satisfies Pakistans national pride while doing the deed to AQ bases that may spring up. As long as we keep them on the run and from building bases we can minimize their abilities.

RedDread
07-13-2007, 01:13 AM
I would actually highly support this, enough so that I might volunteer for duty in Pakistan if it becomes a reality.

It's very sad though that since the Iraq war has drained so many of our resources and turned so many against the Bush administration that any additional military action, no matter how noble or necessary may get shot down.

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I would actually highly support this, enough so that I might volunteer for duty in Pakistan if it becomes a reality.

It's very sad though that since the Iraq war has drained so many of our resources and turned so many against the Bush administration that any additional military action, no matter how noble or necessary may get shot down.

Good comment. It is a shame this has happenend but remember the quislings and feckless wonders of Harry Reid, Henry Waxman, Nancy Pelosi and Ted "I killed that chick 34 years ago today" Kennedy have stoked the fires of anti-Bush rhetoric by attacking him for everything he does just to further their own personal political objectives. If you listen to Joe Lieberman you will get a clear view of how a true Democrat who doesn't lust for further power and who puts his country ahead of his party sees it. We're going to have to figure this out as a country you guys or were going to get terrible bloody nose on our home soil. The war shouldn't be a Dem. vrs. Repub. issue. Once Bush is gone I hope it changes for all our sakes.

Boyceofsummer
07-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Good comment. It is a shame this has happenend but remember the quislings and feckless wonders of Harry Reid, Henry Waxman, Nancy Pelosi and Ted "I killed that chick 34 years ago today" Kennedy have stoked the fires of anti-Bush rhetoric by attacking him for everything he does just to further their own personal political objectives. If you listen to Joe Lieberman you will get a clear view of how a true Democrat who doesn't lust for further power and who puts his country ahead of his party sees it. We're going to have to figure this out as a country you guys or were going to get terrible bloody nose on our home soil. The war shouldn't be a Dem. vrs. Repub. issue. Once Bush is gone I hope it changes for all our sakes.

anyone backing Bush & Cheney is WRONG! Get over it. The clowns have simply lied America into the biggest quagmire ever. When then next attack strikes America the blame will fall squarely where it belong!!!!!!

chagrin
07-13-2007, 06:20 AM
anyone backing Bush & Cheney is WRONG! Get over it. The clowns have simply lied America into the biggest quagmire ever. When then next attack strikes America the blame will fall squarely where it belong!!!!!!

:LOL:

So I guess leftist freaks really aren't fear mongers, are they... :shake:

Saggysack
07-13-2007, 06:25 AM
:LOL:

So I guess leftist freaks really aren't fear mongers, are they... :shake:

No reason to bring Joe Leiberman into this.

BucEyedPea
07-13-2007, 06:51 AM
I didn't see the video or read anything...but my gut feel is the same as it was on Iraq, which was gut feel....this will inflame more. I have a friend who travels back and forth to Pakistan and you don't understand their mentality. I think Cheifaroo's idea is better. But from what little I have read, this is being done to save Musharaff more who hold on power is not that strong and not just due to AQ but the people. They are very religious. I think this could inflame Muslims ww and ignite a massive all out war. I do agree with military surgical action on AQ but I just think it has to be low key....especially in Pakistan.

Lastly, if this is Kristol advocating such, you know he is a 2nd generation neocon, a real one, and a leading one and just look at what his advice has brought us so far. I wouldn't trust these guys but especially him.

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 03:50 PM

Simple is the only word in your entire post that makes any sense and ironically it applies to you.

You're an idiot.

SBK
07-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I should take Boyce of iggy, seems that he makes for great comedy.

Logical
07-13-2007, 04:06 PM
We wouldn't attack Pakistan as a nation as it were we'd use some sort of coordinated attack with the Pakistani Govt. The AQ types hiding in Paki land want Musharaff dead as much as they want Bush dead. We'll work something out that satisfies Pakistans national pride while doing the deed to AQ bases that may spring up. As long as we keep them on the run and from building bases we can minimize their abilities.

Sometimes you get things right. This appears to be one of those times.

Logical
07-13-2007, 04:08 PM
How many people know we are selling Pakistan F-16s?

Amnorix
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I can hear Dick Cheney now -- Just nuke everything between the western border of India and the eastern border of Israel. Preferably, do it the day before your successor takes office. You know you want to.... 'cmon Bushy....do it.......do ittt.......

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 04:16 PM
How many people know we are selling Pakistan F-16s?

We've been selling F-16's and upgrades to Pakistan for over 20 years.

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Sometimes you get things right. This appears to be one of those times.

I'm all a tingle from Log's compliment.

Logical
07-13-2007, 04:19 PM
We've been selling F-16's and upgrades to Pakistan for over 20 years.That is not my point, my point is that not a lot of people realize we consider Pakistan an ally to the point we sell them F-16s.

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 04:20 PM
That is not my point, my point is that not a lot of people realize we consider Pakistan an ally to the point we sell them F-16s.

Their an ally at this time. I'm sure we have logistical and coordinated programs between both countries to ensure the safety of their nukes too.

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 04:22 PM
That is not my point, my point is that not a lot of people realize we consider Pakistan an ally to the point we sell them F-16s.

True, most people are ignorant and care more about pop culture than the real world. That's not really news either Log. You're losing your burst.