PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play.... "Tool or Not a Tool"

jAZ
07-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Is this war supporter (Chris Vucovich, the guy in glasses and the white shirt)

... A tool or not a tool.

I'll toss in the same choices for Cindy Sheehan as well.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9prW8m5SOOw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9prW8m5SOOw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ChiefaRoo
07-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Where's the Jiz option?

jAZ
07-13-2007, 03:27 PM
I voted Tool for Chris and Not A Tool for Cindy.

For 1 reason.

Like her position or not... like her being the face of the anti-war movement or not... I give her a lot of credit for getting out there, giving up her life to make something happen.

For the same reason, the war supporter is a total Tool.

He refuses to fight in the war, and has a litany of justifications for why he's not signing up for combat. He's the poster boy for "Chicken Hawk".

RedDread
07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
**** yeah he is, I have guys in my unit that are well over 40 years old, one prior service member re-upped at 42.

Logical
07-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Got to say they are both tools.

jAZ
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
**** yeah he is, I have guys in my unit that are well over 40 years old, one prior service member re-upped at 42.
Not to mention he was 27 when we invaded.

Simplex3
07-13-2007, 04:49 PM
They're both tools, plain and simple.

So is that dumb bitch that knows the Iraqis want us gone, despite the fact that she disproves her own case with her own point. "How many Iraqis have you spoken to?".

I've spoken to three, though it has been over a year ago now, and they all wanted the US to stay and they all believed that was the overriding sentiment of the people they knew.

Sully
07-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I was on the fence until he pulled out the "You hate America so much then..." bullshit.
Anyone who uses that rhetoric with a straight face immediately gives up any credibility in debating this than they may have had previously.

Mr. Kotter
07-13-2007, 10:54 PM
EVERYONE in that video, afaic....are tools.

(EDIT: If I had noticed or read you could vote more than once, I'd have voted for this guy being a tool too....Cindy is just a BIGGER tool.)

Pitt Gorilla
07-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Both tools. I'm still trying to figure out why that guy won't enlist; he said that he really wanted to, but he also has to make money, or something.

ClevelandBronco
07-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Not a tool yet. He has potential, but he's nowhere near the Sheehansphere.

StcChief
07-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Both are tools.

banyon
07-14-2007, 08:36 AM

So is that dumb bitch that knows the Iraqis want us gone, despite the fact that she disproves her own case with her own point. "How many Iraqis have you spoken to?".

I've spoken to three, though it has been over a year ago now, and they all wanted the US to stay and they all believed that was the overriding sentiment of the people they knew.

The polls don't bear out your anecdotal experience.
Link (http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/sep06/Iraq_Sep06_rpt.pdf)

Nightwish
07-14-2007, 08:47 AM

That's funny. I can go you one better. I've talked to four, all students, and three of them want the US gone, and believe that is the overriding sentiment of the people they know. One wanted the US to stay, and believes he is in the minority of Iraqis he knows. See how that works?

Truth be told, I've actually talked to more than three, and the mix is a bit closer than 3:1, but it still tends to favor the "US gone" sentiment, by slightly more than 50%. However, it all depends on context, and most of those with whom I've spoken are students, a subset that tends to be more anti-war anyway, and I've ultimately spoken to only a dozen or so, which is hardly a representative sample. When we talk to affected people about such things, rarely is the sample we talk to very random. Just as the places where I found such contact were less likely to harbor pro-occupation Iraqis than anti-occupation Iraqis, I have no doubt that your sample was probably not truly random either. When it comes down to it, if you're wanting a representative breakdown of religious affiliation in America, you're not going to get it by setting up camp in the lobby of a Baptist church to take your survey.