PDA

View Full Version : The sleazy slime in the WH invoke Executive Privilege RE: PAT TILLMAN

memyselfI
07-13-2007, 06:09 PM
I shouldn't be shocked...
I should'nt be shocked...

:shake: :banghead: :cuss:

PER MSNBC Breaking news.

ClevelandBronco
07-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I shouldn't have bothered...

PunkinDrublic
07-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Why should it suprise anybody. A criminal thug like Bush is going to do what criminal thugs do.

penchief
07-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Just more evidence that this administration has no interest in being honest about anything.

patteeu
07-14-2007, 09:29 AM
It's a democrat tactic to ask for access to WH internal communications that they know will cause the President to assert Executive Privilege. They know that most of their supporters will be too naive to understand what is going on and will believe, instead, that some kind of dishonest criminal thuggery is going on.

chiefforlife
07-14-2007, 09:34 AM
It's a democrat tactic to ask for access to WH internal communications that they know will cause the President to assert Executive Privilege. They know that most of their supporters will be too naive to understand what is going on and will believe, instead, that some kind of dishonest criminal thuggery is going on.

Maybe the WH could release the information and then pardon the responsible party, that way we would know there wasnt anything dishonest going on...

patteeu
07-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Maybe the WH could release the information and then pardon the responsible party, that way we would know there wasnt anything dishonest going on...

I'm sure you're making a brilliant point, but I have to admit that I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Taco John
07-14-2007, 09:54 AM

Come on... Even you know better than to be THIS cynical.

I don't believe that you actually believe a word you just wrote.

patteeu
07-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Come on... Even you know better than to be THIS cynical.

I can't believe you doubt it.

chiefforlife
07-14-2007, 10:18 AM
The top two lawmakers investigating this are Democrat Henry Waxman and Republican Tom Davis. To suggest this is a democratic tactic to get the WH to invoke executive privilege is absurd.
The WH knows Tillman was a national hero and his death must put a very bad light on them. Why the big cover up??

patteeu
07-14-2007, 10:31 AM
The top two lawmakers investigating this are Democrat Henry Waxman and Republican Tom Davis. To suggest this is a democratic tactic to get the WH to invoke executive privilege is absurd.
The WH knows Tillman was a national hero and his death must put a very bad light on them. Why the big cover up??

To call it absurd is to admit your naiveté.

chiefforlife
07-14-2007, 10:38 AM
To call it absurd is to admit your naiveté.

If its a democratic tactic why is there a Republican asking for these documents? That is what makes it absurd. It is not a tactic, it is an investigation seeking the truth.
I suppose it is naive to expect the truth from this administration.

patteeu
07-14-2007, 11:02 AM
If its a democratic tactic why is there a Republican asking for these documents? That is what makes it absurd. It is not a tactic, it is an investigation seeking the truth.
I suppose it is naive to expect the truth from this administration.

I assure you that it is a democrat tactic. This particular Republican may well have his own motivations, but the democrats are looking for ways to force this administration to assert Executive Privilege specifically to enable people like you to ask questions about what they have to hide even though the truth is that any administration would resist many of these requests for internal WH communications.

Adept Havelock
07-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I assure you that it is a democrat tactic.

JMO, but your assurances on this subject and the solids I left in the toilet bowl this morning bear a striking resemblance to each other.

chiefforlife
07-14-2007, 11:21 AM
I assure you that it is a democrat tactic. This particular Republican may well have his own motivations, but the democrats are looking for ways to force this administration to assert Executive Privilege specifically to enable people like you to ask questions about what they have to hide even though the truth is that any administration would resist many of these requests for internal WH communications.

The democrats dont have to "look" for ways, they simply have to ask questions. Again, it isnt just democrats that are asking these questions. Is it possible that this republicans own motivation is getting to the truth?
I dont see it as some democratic conspiracy to make the WH look bad, the WH doesnt need any help with that...

Ultra Peanut
07-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Attempt to cover up why he died -> Outrage -> Attempt to cover up the cover-up -> ?

ChiefaRoo
07-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I should'nt be shocked...

:shake: :banghead: :cuss:

PER MSNBC Breaking news.

W. is much better human being than you are Denise. He's made mistakes like we all do but he's grown up. You appear to be stuck in some kind of adolescent 'pout fest' stage of development.

Frankie
07-14-2007, 01:11 PM
And THAT, my friend, is the problem

Frankie
07-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Ah,... one of the 28%, hey?

Frankie
07-14-2007, 01:16 PM
The democrats dont have to "look" for ways, they simply have to ask questions....
Great point. This White House is the proverbial "gift that keeps on giving."

Frankie
07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
W. is much better human being than you are Denise.

HEY DENNISE!.... HOW MANY AMERICAN LIVES ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?!... ARE YOU KEEPING THINGS FROM US?!!

Pitt Gorilla
07-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I assure you that it is a democrat tactic. This particular Republican may well have his own motivations, but the democrats are looking for ways to force this administration to assert Executive Privilege specifically to enable people like you to ask questions about what they have to hide even though the truth is that any administration would resist many of these requests for internal WH communications.Good Lord, dude. Be honest here; if the shoes were on the other feet, would you honestly buy this argument from the other side?

NewChief
07-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Good Lord, dude. Be honest here; if the shoes were on the other feet, would you honestly buy this argument from the other side?

The shoe would never be on the other foot. He told you, it's a Democrat tactic, not a Republican one. ;)

penchief
07-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm sure you're making a brilliant point, but I have to admit that I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Of course you don't.

Logical
07-14-2007, 03:11 PM
It's a democrat tactic to ask for access to WH internal communications that they know will cause the President to assert Executive Privilege. They know that most of their supporters will be too naive to understand what is going on and will believe, instead, that some kind of dishonest criminal thuggery is going on.I am sure in many cases you are correct. But are you really sure that is the case with Tillman, seems unlikely that national security would be breached by releasing the facts regarding his death.

Logical
07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe the WH could release the information and then pardon the responsible party, that way we would know there wasnt anything dishonest going on...If nothing dishonest is going on why would a pardon be needed?

go bowe
07-14-2007, 03:31 PM
bush is da debbil...

Taco John
07-14-2007, 04:04 PM

You never bothered to explian one key aspect of your consipiracy theory... The reason WHY Bush would assert executive priviledge on such a begnign matter. It seems to me it's a pretty stupid political calculation on his part if what you're saying is true.

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Why should it suprise anybody. A criminal thug like Bush is going to do what criminal thugs do.I'm not crazy about this administration, but you act like Democrats are infallible. Both parties are full of scumbags, and we vote them in.

CHIEF4EVER
07-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm not crazy about this administration, but you act like Democrats are infallible. Both parties are full of scumbags, and we vote them in.

What a great post. :clap:

WE are to blame for the absolute clusterf*ck that is Congress and the Presidency.

ChiefaRoo
07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
HEY DENNISE!.... HOW MANY AMERICAN LIVES ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?!... ARE YOU KEEPING THINGS FROM US?!!

Frankie, we are watching you and your cat.

penchief
07-14-2007, 06:00 PM
bush is da debbil...

Bush is not on da lebbel.

Frankie
07-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Frankie, we are watching you and your cat.
Like I said, I agree with all of your opinions one hundred and ten percent.

Wheeew!

penchief
07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Frankie, we are watching you and your cat

Leave it to the fascists to turn in the neighborhood. That's the only way they can sleep at night.

Ugly Duck
07-14-2007, 10:47 PM

I have this theory that patty is doing some kind of psychological experiment for a political science class. He's too smart to actually believe that everything BushCo does is Truth, Justice, & the American Way. He's playing some kind of a game here, I tell ya...

Logical
07-14-2007, 11:25 PM
I have this theory that patty is doing some kind of psychological experiment for a political science class. He's too smart to actually believe that everything BushCo does is Truth, Justice, & the American Way. He's playing some kind of a game here, I tell ya...Actually I agree. But he is really excellent at it.

patteeu
07-15-2007, 06:39 AM
JMO, but your assurances on this subject and the solids I left in the toilet bowl this morning bear a striking resemblance to each other.

LOL Yes, I can't prove my theory anymore than those who suspect that coverup is the sole motive can prove theirs. But I'm confident that you're smart enough that you know what I'm saying in this case is true even if I can't prove it.

patteeu
07-15-2007, 08:38 AM
The democrats dont have to "look" for ways, they simply have to ask questions. Again, it isnt just democrats that are asking these questions. Is it possible that this republicans own motivation is getting to the truth?
I dont see it as some democratic conspiracy to make the WH look bad, the WH doesnt need any help with that...

The legislative branch is not superior to the executive branch. Congress can get all the information they need through their oversight of the Pentagon. They don't need to pry into the internal WH communications for their answers.

patteeu
07-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Good Lord, dude. Be honest here; if the shoes were on the other feet, would you honestly buy this argument from the other side?

Of course I would. I know that politics is a rough game. Both sides do this kind of thing.

patteeu
07-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I am sure in many cases you are correct. But are you really sure that is the case with Tillman, seems unlikely that national security would be breached by releasing the facts regarding his death.

I don't believe this has anything to do with national security. It is about whether or not the executive branch is an independent and co-equal branch of government. It's about whether or not the Congress has the power to compel the WH to turn over it's internal communications. It's about the President refusing to let the Congress overstep their authority.

patteeu
07-15-2007, 08:54 AM
You never bothered to explian one key aspect of your consipiracy theory... The reason WHY Bush would assert executive priviledge on such a begnign matter. It seems to me it's a pretty stupid political calculation on his part if what you're saying is true.

This president has shown on several occasions that he doesn't govern by sticking his finger in the political winds to see which decision he should make.

The explanation is in my reply to Logical in the previous post. One of the consistent thrusts of this administration has been to defend the presidency from the ongoing shift of relative power toward the courts and, especially, the congress since Vietnam.

ChiefaRoo
07-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Like I said, I agree with all of your opinions one hundred and ten percent.

Wheeew!

That's what you WANT me to believe.

Logical
07-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't believe this has anything to do with national security. It is about whether or not the executive branch is an independent and co-equal branch of government. It's about whether or not the Congress has the power to compel the WH to turn over it's internal communications. It's about the President refusing to let the Congress overstep their authority.

You do have a way of making a coverup sound noble.ROFL

ChiefaRoo
07-15-2007, 06:38 PM
You do have a way of making a coverup sound noble.ROFL

What exactly are they covering up Logical? I know you can speculate about it but there is not ONE SHRED OF PROOF, you know like a spoog stained dress, that links Cheney or the rest of the WH cabinet to the Plame case. Pat. is correct, this is just about politics and trying to attain a political advantage by going on a fishing expedition.

Ugly Duck
07-15-2007, 07:44 PM
What exactly are they covering up Logical?

No one can ever know.... cuz Congress is being prevented from exercising its oversight obligation under the guise of "executive privelege." Our government cannot operate if one branch unilateraly decalres itself above the law. You raise a most excellent question - no one can answer it without following the law of the land.

patteeu
07-16-2007, 06:41 AM
No one can ever know.... cuz Congress is being prevented from exercising its oversight obligation under the guise of "executive privelege." Our government cannot operate if one branch unilateraly decalres itself above the law. You raise a most excellent question - no one can answer it without following the law of the land.

You seem really concerned about the Executive Branch overstepping it's authority but you don't seem to have any qualms about watching the Congress overstep theirs. Why is that?

Ugly Duck
07-16-2007, 07:33 AM
You seem really concerned about the Executive Branch overstepping it's authority but you don't seem to have any qualms about watching the Congress overstep theirs. Why is that?If that were happening, of course I'd be concerned about it. But we don't have to worry about that cuz under Rule of the Neocon Regime - Congress can't even exercise its oversight obligation, let alone "overstep its authority."

Taco John
07-16-2007, 09:40 AM
You seem really concerned about the Executive Branch overstepping it's authority but you don't seem to have any qualms about watching the Congress overstep theirs. Why is that?

Because they're not overstepping their authority.

Taco John
07-16-2007, 09:44 AM
there is not ONE SHRED OF PROOF, you know like a spoog stained dress, that links Cheney or the rest of the WH cabinet to the Plame case.

That's nothing short of false. You apparently know less about the Plame case than the authority that you speak with lets on.

Here is a link to Cheney's hand written notes that clearly show (well beyond reason) that he was aware that something dubious was going on:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/013107Z.shtml

memyselfI
07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
That's nothing short of false. You apparently know less about the Plame case than the authority that you speak with lets on.

Here is a link to Cheney's hand written notes that clearly show (well beyond reason) that he was aware that something dubious was going on:

Chiefaroo could be right. There is NO evidence and 'safeguarding' information that could lead to evidence or become evidence is not the same as a coverup. It's merely protecting the integrity of the information and the office and those who occupy it...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

patteeu
07-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Because they're not overstepping their authority.

That's easy to say. Here's something equally easy to say: You're wrong. If neither side budges, maybe we'll get to see what the SCOTUS thinks about it.

patteeu
07-16-2007, 11:59 AM

How does that support your contention? The handwritten notes are after-the-fact comments.

Logical
07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
What exactly are they covering up Logical? I know you can speculate about it but there is not ONE SHRED OF PROOF, you know like a spoog stained dress, that links Cheney or the rest of the WH cabinet to the Plame case. Pat. is correct, this is just about politics and trying to attain a political advantage by going on a fishing expedition.First of all I am addressing the thread subject, you know Pat Tillman, and we know that a set of lies occurred regarding him, what we don't know is timing and reasons. That would be the coverup I am addressing not Plame.