PDA

View Full Version : Iraq says US can leave "any time they want"...plus they're "going to take August off"

jAZ
07-14-2007, 01:17 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070714/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq;_ylt=Amix8S4XqjJPlxF4un3VVnys0NUE

Iraq PM: Country can manage without U.S. By BUSHRA JUHI, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 13 minutes ago

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Saturday that the Iraqi army and police are capable of keeping security in the country when American troops leave "any time they want," though he acknowledged the forces need further weapons and training.

The embattled prime minister sought to show confidence at a time when congressional pressure is growing for a withdrawal and the Bush administration reported little progress had been made on the most vital of a series of political benchmarks it wants al-Maliki to carry out.

Al-Maliki said difficulty in enacting the measures was "natural" given Iraq's turmoil.

But one of his top aides, Hassan al-Suneid, rankled at the assessment, saying the U.S. was treating Iraq like "an experiment in an American laboratory." He sharply criticised the U.S. military, saying it was committing human rights violations, embarassing the Iraqi government with its tactics and cooperating with "gangs of killers" in its campaign against al-Qaida in Iraq.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2007/07/us_eyes_iraqi_parlimentry_sche.php

Bush Administration Discusses Iraqi Parliament's August Vacation Plans

DEB RIECHMANN
AP News

Jul 13, 2007 14:13 EDT

The White House on Friday appeared resigned to the fact that the Iraqi parliament is going to take August off, even though it has just eight weeks to show progress on military, political and economic benchmarks prescribed by the United States.

"My understanding is at this juncture they're going to take August off, but, you know, they may change their minds," White House press secretary Tony Snow said.

"You know, it's 130 degrees in Baghdad in August," he said, sympathetically.

Snow was reminded that U.S. troops will be continuing to fight throughout August in the heat.

"You know, that's a good point," Snow said. "And it's 130 degrees for the Iraqi military."

CHIEF4EVER
07-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Iraq PM: Country can manage without U.S. By BUSHRA JUHI, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 13 minutes ago

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Saturday that the Iraqi army and police are capable of keeping security in the country when American troops leave "any time they want," though he acknowledged the forces need further weapons and training.

The embattled prime minister sought to show confidence at a time when congressional pressure is growing for a withdrawal and the Bush administration reported little progress had been made on the most vital of a series of political benchmarks it wants al-Maliki to carry out.

Al-Maliki said difficulty in enacting the measures was "natural" given Iraq's turmoil.

But one of his top aides, Hassan al-Suneid, rankled at the assessment, saying the U.S. was treating Iraq like "an experiment in an American laboratory." He sharply criticised the U.S. military, saying it was committing human rights violations, embarassing the Iraqi government with its tactics and cooperating with "gangs of killers" in its campaign against al-Qaida in Iraq.

Guess what Hassan, **** YOU. Clear out the terrorists with your own army you wanker.

The White House on Friday appeared resigned to the fact that the Iraqi parliament is going to take August off, even though it has just eight weeks to show progress on military, political and economic benchmarks prescribed by the United States.

"My understanding is at this juncture they're going to take August off, but, you know, they may change their minds," White House press secretary Tony Snow said.

"You know, it's 130 degrees in Baghdad in August," he said, sympathetically.

Snow was reminded that U.S. troops will be continuing to fight throughout August in the heat.

"You know, that's a good point," Snow said. "And it's 130 degrees for the Iraqi military."

Why don't you quit sucking 130 degrees of Bush's dick you asshole. If the Iraqis are so used to fighting in that heat, as you say, LET THEM. Leave us out of it. Time is up for being Mr. Nice Guy.

CHIEF4EVER
07-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh, BTW Hassan. Next time you call us for help, don't be suprised if you get a busy signal.

Logical
07-14-2007, 03:55 PM
This thread is basically a repost

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=165894

jAZ are you even paying attention anymore?

jAZ
07-14-2007, 10:38 PM
This thread is basically a repost

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=165894

jAZ are you even paying attention anymore?
But I did make it into the right forum.

I scanned yesterday, but didn't post it today. UD beat me to it earlier this morning.

Basically, I suck. I'm coping with the news. ;)