PDA

View Full Version : If you f'd up at work what the worse that could happen?

420am
07-14-2007, 08:48 PM
A church or warehouse might fall down and kill lots of folks.. I'm a structural steel detailer.

Phobia
07-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Similar, I guess. I remodel and repair homes. While I doubt tons of people would be in jeopardy, a family could die, I suppose. I don't dwell on it but I do take my work very seriously.

Adept Havelock
07-14-2007, 08:55 PM
As someone who handles shipping for Dr. Hubert Farnsworth, a doomsday weapon might end up being sent to an Orphanarium.

Rain Man
07-14-2007, 08:55 PM
The anti-smoking ads that we tested would be ineffective, and a bunch of smokers would not be convinced to quit and would die.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Worse case scenario would be burning down a multimillion dollar commercial building.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Similar, I guess. I remodel and repair homes. While I doubt tons of people would be in jeopardy, a family could die, I suppose. I don't dwell on it but I do take my work very seriously.
A few years ago I was getting a house ready to spray and I masked off a halogen security light on the back soffit with tape & paper. A short time later I went around front to get something out of my van, and when I came around back the light had clicked on because I had covered the sensor, and the paper was already in flames. If I would've been distracted out front that fire could've gone straight into the attic and that house would've been a goner.

KC Jones
07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
In my current job, roughly 5 million people would lose their retirement. I write software for a 401k processor... and no, I don't have a secret program to shave off unused fractions of pennies and put them in an account.

ChiefsFire
07-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Jim, Sue, and the twins lil billy and bobbyjoe would not be alive because of that raging fire destroying their perfect lil house...thus burn them alive in their sleep...no biggie

Possible it would be a house that Phobs worked on

SLAG
07-14-2007, 09:15 PM
What I did Last week when I really did f Up:
$4000 worth of meds went bad because of UPS

another $4000 because of me

Worse case: 1.5 Million Dollars worth of Medication Goes Bad..
or
some cancer patient does not get the chemo on time or has to miss a dose
or
A baby is not created via IVF because we were too late to deliver.
or

you get the idea, other therapys we treat:
<td>
<select name="s" onchange="ex(this.form)" class="prc">
<option value="/topic/prc_index">Choose One</option>
<option value="/topic/prcallergicasthma">Allergic Asthma</option>
<option value="/topic/prccancer">Cancer</option>
<option value="/topic/prccrohns">Crohn's Disease</option>
<option value="/topic/prcgauchers">Gaucher Disease</option>
<option value="/topic/prcgrowthdisorders">Growth Hormone Disorders</option>
<option value="/topic/prchematopoiesis">Hematopoietic Disorders</option>
<option value="/topic/prchemophilia">Hemophilia</option>
<option value="/topic/prchepc">Hepatitis C</option>
<option value="/topic/prcinfertility">Infertility</option>
<option value="/topic/prcms">Multiple Sclerosis</option>
<option value="/topic/prcpsoriasis">Psoriasis</option>
<option value="/topic/prcpulmonary">Pulmonary Disorders</option>
<option value="/topic/prcpph">Pulmonary Hypertension</option>
<option value="/topic/prcautoimmune">Rare Autoimmune Disorders</option>
<option value="/topic/prcrsv">Respiratory Syncytial Virus</option>
<option value="/topic/prcra">Rheumatoid Arthritis</option></td>

bdeg
07-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Someone might get their pizza late :(

KC Jones
07-14-2007, 09:18 PM

... queuing bud light commercial music ...

We salute you, Mr. pizza delivery man - because without you we couldn't have steaming piles of cheese and meat on a doughy crust delivered to our door while we suck down cold brews and watch movies!

:D

banyon
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
I guess my Clients lose their case or money, or go to jail. Or I could lose my license and be sued for malpractice. No Sweat.

banyon
07-14-2007, 09:24 PM
BTW is this page displaying oddly for anyone else? I've got a big gray streak down the right side of my page.

OnTheWarpath15
07-14-2007, 09:27 PM
BTW is this page displaying oddly for anyone else? I've got a big gray streak down the right side of my page.

Me too....never have seen that before.....

conchshell
07-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Lots of money would be lost for the company. Think something like wrong budget reports. I might get a second chance as I have a very good boss. Not sure what happens if he gets canned though.

Logical
07-14-2007, 09:33 PM
An F-16 I suppose could go down as a result of our product failing to do the job.

WTF happened to this thread and what is with the strange pull down on the right?

SLAG
07-14-2007, 09:36 PM
An F-16 I suppose could go down as a result of our product failing to do the job.

WTF happened to this thread and what is with the strange pull down on the right?

It was part of my post.. of what i do at work..

it fuxord up the whole first page

i'm pretty happy with it lol

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

banyon
07-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

It's only on page one for me.
Looks like this:

SLAG
07-14-2007, 09:47 PM
It's only on page one for me.
Looks like this:

awesome my sig is at the top

LOL

i fuxored this thread up good

DaFace
07-14-2007, 09:48 PM

Same here. SLAG has some crazy HTML in post 9 that's screwing it up.

StcChief
07-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Page 2 ok. Page 1 was gray on the right side.

Worse thing that could happen lose all your MC Reward points.

No.. I can't fix your MC Balance.

Phobia
07-14-2007, 09:51 PM
A few years ago I was getting a house ready to spray and I masked off a halogen security light on the back soffit with tape & paper. A short time later I went around front to get something out of my van, and when I came around back the light had clicked on because I had covered the sensor, and the paper was already in flames. If I would've been distracted out front that fire could've gone straight into the attic and that house would've been a goner.
I can honestly say I've never had any close calls. The only mistakes I've ever made have been cosmetic.

RJ
07-14-2007, 09:55 PM

Awesome post, major rep.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Same here. SLAG has some crazy HTML in post 9 that's screwing it up.
Ah, I have SLAG on teh iggy, that's why I'm not seeing it.

milkman
07-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Ah, I have SLAG on teh iggy, that's why I'm not seeing it.

Why do you have SLAG on iggy?

Is it because he's a dumbass?

Phobia
07-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Ah, I have SLAG on teh iggy, that's why I'm not seeing it.Wow, you're a lot smarter than anybody else.

RJ
07-14-2007, 10:01 PM
If I screw up it's the end of the world. Or at least that seems to be what my customers think. Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

My name is RJ and I sell flooring.

RJ
07-14-2007, 10:02 PM

I don't have anyone on iggy except that one guy who I won't mention.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:02 PM

Let me put it this way, if I wanted to hear a sermon I'd go to church.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow, you're a lot smarter than anybody else.
Well, there's a first time for everything.

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:05 PM

I don't have him on iggy, but I do tend to ignore him when he posts, and I didn't even know he's been sermonizing.

Phobia
07-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Really? I put him on ignore because of his constant lack of ethics. First the circumventing of his company's firewall to get to the Planet, then a few that aren't worth mentioning, and then finally when he said he returns his worn out video games to the Blockbuster in cases he rented. Somehow he's rationalized that as okay.

ChiefaRoo
07-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Life as we know it would end. I know, it's a burden but what can you do.

RJ
07-14-2007, 10:08 PM

Hey, that's why I have my guy on iggy. I didn't know your guy did that.

SLAG
07-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Really? I put him on ignore because of his constant lack of ethics. First the circumventing of his company's firewall to get to the Planet, then a few that aren't worth mentioning, and then finally when he said he returns his worn out video games to the Blockbuster in cases he rented. Somehow he's rationalized that as okay.

Ive actually had a grand reversion back to my Catholic faith...

I even deleted all the Illegal Music and Movies off my computer

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't have him on iggy, but I do tend to ignore him when he posts, and I didn't even know he's been sermonizing.
Heck for all I know he isn't doing it anymore since I haven't been seeing his posts.

luv
07-14-2007, 10:11 PM
i deal with the digital imaging of medical records. If information is missing, not able to be read, or misindexed, then someone could possibly die or be misdiagnosed/treated.

luv
07-14-2007, 10:12 PM
WTF is wrong with this thread, anyway?

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Huh, I missed that one. Kinda funny a man of God would do something like that.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:16 PM
WTF is wrong with this thread, anyway?
You haven't read the whole thing, have you?

luv
07-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Does it explain the look of the thread?

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:20 PM

She's a woman, so she doesn't care about what anyone else does and they might affect the rest of the world.

Like any woman, it's all about her.

Logical
07-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Does it explain the look of the thread?It is explained yes.

luv
07-14-2007, 10:21 PM
She's a woman, so she doesn't care about what anyone else does and they might affect the rest of the world.

I went back and read about why people have SLAG on iggy. I just read further back, so I'm up to speed, tyvm.

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I went back and read about why people have SLAG on iggy. I just read further back, so I'm up to speed, tyvm.

You're welcome.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:23 PM

Damn, that was harsh. :shake:

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:25 PM

Just giving her shit.

Bugeater
Please try to pay closer attention in the future, mmmkay?

luv
Uh, I've taken a lot worse.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Just giving her shit.
That's not like you at all.

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:28 PM
That's not like you at all.

No.

Not like me at all.

luv
07-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Please try to pay closer attention in the future, mmmkay?
Just a matter of impatience. I always try to read back just far enough to get a feel for what an appropriate reply woul be. In this case, I failed miserably. :(

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:30 PM
No.

Not like me at all.
Can we count on you to straighten up and fly right from here on out then?

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Just a matter of impatience. I always try to read back just far enough to get a feel for what an appropriate reply woul be. In this case, I failed miserably. :(

Don't let it happen again.

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2007, 10:32 PM
A church or warehouse might fall down and kill lots of folks.. I'm a structural steel detailer.

"If you f'd up at work what the worse that could happen?"

I'm a teacher. Worse thing that could happen? Some of my students end up like several of our DC posters, as incurable friggin' moonbats who don't think for themselves....but regurgitate DNC and Liberal Blog "talking points." :shake:

Bugeater
Poop is always an appropriate reply.

milkman
Can we count on you to straighten up and fly right from here on out then?

Yeah.
Sure.

Of course, you can hold your breath on that.

luv
Don't let it happen again.
I think you should listen to Bugeater. He's very wise.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:33 PM
"If you f'd up at work what the worse that could happen?"

I'm a teacher. Worse thing that could happen? Some of my students end up like several of our DC posters, as incurable friggin' moonbats who don't think for themselves....but regurgitate DNC and Liberal Blog "talking points." :shake:
Um...excuse me but you're interrupting our thread trashing here.

Mr. Kotter
07-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Um...excuse me but you're interrupting our thread trashing here.

Oh. Sorry. Silly me. Feel free to resume your hijacking.... :banghead:

milkman

You can't be too wise if you're a bug eater.

Bugeater
Poop.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:35 PM
*sigh* No, you've ruined it with your on-topic post. It'll never be the same now.

luv
07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
And you old-timers complain that there is no night crew.

listopencil
07-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Lots of bad things...I guess the worst would be crushing someone to death. Depending on the person, of course.

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:38 PM
*sigh* No, you've ruined it with your on-topic post. It'll never be the same now.

People like Kotter have been complaining that there hasn't been a good thread hijacking in a long time, then he comes along and ****s it up.

Bastard.

milkman
07-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Lots of bad things...I guess the worst would be crushing someone to death. Depending on the person, of course.

Goddamnit.

Can't you see we're trying to accomplish something here.

Bugeater
07-14-2007, 10:41 PM
People like Kotter have been complaining that there hasn't been a good thread hijacking in a long time, then he comes along and ****s it up.

Bastard.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I don't see how we'll ever regain what we once had on this thread.

BIG K
07-14-2007, 10:42 PM

I work as a crewman for a local natural gas company. The worst that could happen if I F'cked up?

Nothing really, other than the fact I or my partner could blow up an entire neighborhood....... :) When we are working with steel mains, it usually isn't a problem. But since the company went to plastic mains, we now deal with the dangers of static electricity......We could blow up 1,500 homes if were careless......

On that note, have a nice day! :p

luv
07-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I work as a crewman for a local natural gas company. The worst that could happen if I F'cked up?

Nothing really, other than the fact I or my partner could blow up an entire neighborhood....... :) When we are working with steel mains, it usually isn't a problem. But since the company went to plastic mains, we now deal with the dangers of static electricity......We could blow up 1,500 homes if were careless......

On that note, have a nice day! :p
WTF? Two days in a row? Are you sick?

BigMeatballDave
07-14-2007, 10:43 PM
My supervisor would bitch at me a little, then I'd have to re-make the parts. No one's life depends on it. My livelihood does, though.

BIG K
07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
WTF? Two days in a row? Are you sick?

Two days in a row? No, I have only blown up one town. The other one was not my fault...

RJ
07-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Two days in a row? No, I have only blown up one town. The other one was not my fault...

I suppose you could be written up for that.

listopencil
07-14-2007, 11:11 PM
I like pie.

BIG K
07-14-2007, 11:11 PM
I suppose you could be written up for that.

Naw, I am still on probation. Shit rolls up hill. It was the crew leaders fault! :)

The Franchise
07-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Well....I work for the local county Registrar of Voters. So I guess if I screw up an election then the Secretary of State would find out....and we'd have to have a recount. I'd probably get disciplined or fired.....but other than that....nothing much. Vote or Die bitches!

chief52
07-15-2007, 12:28 AM
I am a Journeyman Lineman, electric line crew foreman. I work with high voltage lines...f' ups could be disastrous as you can imagine. Hopefully if I do attempt to do something crazy a co-worker picks up on it before I do it!

Big K...where do you work?

BIG K
07-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I am a Journeyman Lineman, electric line crew foreman. I work with high voltage lines...f' ups could be disastrous as you can imagine. Hopefully if I do attempt to do something crazy a co-worker picks up on it before I do it!

Big K...where do you work?

Southern California Gas Company...I got no problems digging holes unless of course, there is power involved. Electricity scares me....

chief52
07-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Southern California Gas Company...I got no problems digging holes unless of course, there is power involved. Electricity scares me....

I am up north...PG&E. I have not dug into a gas line yet, but I have seen/heard it. Scary. Not gonna mess with that.

The Franchise
07-15-2007, 12:43 AM
I am up north...PG&E. I have not dug into a gas line yet, but I have seen/heard it. Scary. Not gonna mess with that.

Hey PG&E......can I get a discount? lol

chief52
07-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey PG&E......can I get a discount? lol

Sure :) Chief discount... Where abouts are you?

The Franchise
07-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Vacaville

chief52
07-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Eureka

SPchief
07-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I like pie.

Did somebody say pie?

The Franchise
07-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Ahhh dude...you're up in Hippytown USA.

chief52
07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Ahhh dude...you're up in Hippytown USA.

No, that is Arcata! I actually live "outside" of Eureka. Grew up in Ferndale if you know where that is.

BIG K
07-15-2007, 12:53 AM

Not too North I imagine. Diablo Canyon is only 30 miles to the South of me. In my county, we provide gas and PG@E provides power....

Phobia
07-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I lied earlier. This discussion of natural gas reminded me. Several years ago I was working on a house which had a gas line terminate inside a wall. My worker got confused and left a shutoff to that line open. The gas ran for hours. We had no idea and no way of knowing. Fortunately the gas company was notified, came out and fixed the problem without incident. But somebody could have been killed, obviously.

Smed1065
07-15-2007, 08:17 AM
If I messed up, my boss might die.

What do I have to lose?

dj56dt58
07-15-2007, 08:46 AM
A missile could be shot off and the world would end..

well i'm off to grab a few beers and head to work..later

420am
07-15-2007, 10:44 AM
A missile could be shot off and the world would end..

well i'm off to grab a few beers and head to work..later

I think you win. Hard to top the end of the world.

Kerberos
07-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Are you the Mike Holmes of KC?

Kloster on Homes?

:hmmm:

stevieray
07-15-2007, 11:45 AM
you'd have to repaint your wall.

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2007, 11:47 AM
you'd have to repaint your wall.

:)

No, YOU would have to repaint my wall.......

How ya doin' Stevie? Long time no see.....

stevieray
07-15-2007, 11:56 AM
:)

No, YOU would have to repaint my wall.......

How ya doin' Stevie? Long time no see.....

good man...in fact, great....life is great... :)

how 'bout you?

PinkFloyd
07-15-2007, 12:00 PM
I work in a shipping department... So; I guess I could screw up 476 U.S.dealers ---- 435,612 clients... Oh, and approx. 276 foreign dealers and approx. 229,132 clients...

So; on an average day, I could mess up 664,447 peoples lives and income...

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2007, 12:01 PM
good man...in fact, great....life is great... :)

how 'bout you?

Good. Really good.

School starts back up next month, and getting antsy for the football season to start......

Good to hear things are going well with you......

Ultra Peanut
07-15-2007, 12:38 PM
If Mr. Bigglesworth gets angry, people DIE.

Groves
07-15-2007, 01:26 PM
people go to hell when they die

Stewie
07-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Pilots and passengers would die... and anyone unfortunate enough to be on the ground where the plane crashes.

Buck
07-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Theoretically, I could screw up and cost the business thousands of dollars, but I dont think anything I do could kill someone.

Skip Towne
07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Theoretically, I could screw up and cost the business thousands of dollars, but I dont think anything I do could kill someone.
Couldn't someone fall into the french fryer?

Buck
07-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Couldn't someone fall into the french fryer?

No, but the worst that can happen for you is for those damn whippersnappers to trample up your lawn.