PDA

View Full Version : Woman gets tazed by cop

07-17-2007, 07:20 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JwIGMKfmLFE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JwIGMKfmLFE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DenverChief, is that you? ROFL

:thumb:

HemiEd
07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Repost. Sorry Bill.

Tribal Warfare
07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Christ ROFL

Tribal Warfare
07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Repost. Sorry Bill.

provide the link

Lonewolf Ed
07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
It sounds like she reallllly enjoyed that tasin'! ROFL

07-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Repost. Sorry Bill.
It's ok, Ed. ;) I never saw it though.

Simplex3
07-17-2007, 07:39 PM

crazycoffey
07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Seen it, still funny though....
Lesson;
When a cop says: "Don't ______ or I'm going to taze you." it might be wise to not do _______.

KcMizzou
07-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Lesson;
When a cop says: "Don't ______ or I'm going to taze you." it might be wise to not do _______.Yeah, I'm in the "Yes sir, officer." camp.

Nothing good comes otherwise.

07-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Lesson;
When a cop says: "Don't ______ or I'm going to taze you." it might be wise to not do _______.
Thanks for the insight, Officer Coffey.

KcMizzou
07-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the insight, Officer Coffey.Cop or not, that's good advice.

07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Cop or not, that's good advice.
Absolutely, you really have no choice.

Donger
07-17-2007, 07:59 PM
If I were that cop, she's be dead. I admire cops for their restraint, if nothing else.

Micjones
07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Uncalled for...

But I definitely always comply with police officers.

KcMizzou
07-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Uncalled for...

But I definitely always comply with police officers.You don't have to like it to do it. Even if you know you're right.

Unfortunately.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Stupid bitch. I wanna taser her again.

Spott
07-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I would have tazed that bitch within the first 30 seconds just to get her to shut the hell up.

IA_Chiefs_fan
07-17-2007, 08:52 PM
That was one long, intense orgasm!
Seriously though, the dumb bitch deserved it. I would have accidentally pulled the trigger one last time.
I can't believe how some people speak to cops. I was raised to respect them and know that they are here to protect us. I can guarantee my kids will grow up to appreciate cops.

HemiEd
07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
provide the link

I tried very hard to find it, but can't, so I withdraw my "repost."

crazycoffey
07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
You don't have to like it to do it. Even if you know you're right.

Unfortunately.

Well, yes....
One night of embarrassment, you can straighten it out the next day, and have the cop's ass in court.

I can live with that scenerio.

KcMizzou
07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, yes....
One night of embarrassment, you can straighten it out the next day, and have the cop's ass in court.

I can live with that scenerio.It'll sure beat the shit out of what you have to straighten out otherwise.

crazycoffey
07-17-2007, 09:13 PM
It'll sure beat the shit out of what you have to straighten out otherwise.

why are there so few like us that can find a reasonable solution (like the one we are mapping out) to an unfavorable situation, like dealing with a cop that is doing something wrong......

Oh, well. Good times, good times.

KcMizzou
07-17-2007, 09:19 PM
why are there so few like us that can find a reasonable solution (like the one we are mapping out) to an unfavorable situation, like dealing with a cop that is doing something wrong......

Oh, well. Good times, good times.Heh, I fixed that post... glad you got it.

I agree.

Eleazar
07-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Once again, taking a swing at a cop proves to not be such a good idea.

crazycoffey
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Heh, I fixed that post... glad you got it.

I agree.

I'll help you out....

KcMizzou
07-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I'll help you out....Thanks... beer... posting..

You know how it goes.

crazycoffey
07-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks... beer... posting..

You know how it goes.

well, ahhhh..... YUP. [/sipping a crown & water]

BWillie
07-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Why do people think they can talk to cops like that? You can even be a smart ass, and be way more respectful than that. When a cop asked you seven times to get out of the car or I'm going to taze you, and you still sit on your freaking cell phone ignoring him, you deserve to get your ass tazered.

ChiefaRoo
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
She deserved it. Suspended license, speeding, not following directions and that attitude was over the top.

The other night I had to make a late night Wal-Greens run for some cold meds. It was about 2am and I get pulled over. Cop rolls up to me and asks for my DL and Ins. I give it to him. He comes back and gives me a warning ticket saying my tag light was out. I'm thinking, how could he possibly see that? So the next day I look at the tag light in my garage, bang it a few times with my fist and it comes on. Hmmm. he was right but the tag light is the size of a dime and now I know he pulled me over for some other reason which eventhough I found it irritating I understand. The ticket says I need a cop to sign to prove I fixed the light. The next night I go out to a street festival outside my condo and I see a cop with Lt. bars on his collar (always go to the guy in charge). I show him the ticket and tell him the situation. He says "aw, he was looking for DUI's most likely" I said "yeah, that's kind of what I thought". He takes the ticket signs it and puts his ID number down and says, just mail it and your good to go. See how easy that was? now I don't have to take my beater in to get fixed for a simple balky tag light and no one got tazed.

So what did stupid biatch do wrong?

1) She didn't go with the flow
2) She didn't work the situation
3) She didn't flash her beav. to make the cop relax and to give her a break.

Really, all she would of gotten was a ticket for the suspended license, speeding and her boy Mark could of driven her home. People can be so dumb.

DJ's left nut
07-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Here's another tip to the unwary.

Pretextual stops are Constitutional. So that cop was completely legal when he pulled you over for the light out. Once he had you there, he would have had to establish probable cause to take it anywhere beyond the light citation, but he can pull you over for that light citation with the hope of finding a drunk in the car all he wants.

My theory is that the Supreme Court didn't want to get involved in mind reading. They'll never know with 100% certainty why a cop pulled someone over, so they took a hands off approach.

I'm a fan. I'm also a fan of that dumbass woman getting barbecued. Respect the badge, folks.

SLAG
07-17-2007, 11:56 PM
As always:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gCCjFbFXn8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gCCjFbFXn8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ChiefaRoo
07-18-2007, 12:13 AM
As always:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gCCjFbFXn8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gCCjFbFXn8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ROFL

greg63
07-18-2007, 12:14 AM
As always:

LMAO

MadMax
07-18-2007, 12:17 AM
She deserved it. Suspended license, speeding, not following directions and that attitude was over the top.

The other night I had to make a late night Wal-Greens run for some cold meds. It was about 2am and I get pulled over. Cop rolls up to me and asks for my DL and Ins. I give it to him. He comes back and gives me a warning ticket saying my tag light was out. I'm thinking, how could he possibly see that? So the next day I look at the tag light in my garage, bang it a few times with my fist and it comes on. Hmmm. he was right but the tag light is the size of a dime and now I know he pulled me over for some other reason which eventhough I found it irritating I understand. The ticket says I need a cop to sign to prove I fixed the light. The next night I go out to a street festival outside my condo and I see a cop with Lt. bars on his collar (always go to the guy in charge). I show him the ticket and tell him the situation. He says "aw, he was looking for DUI's most likely" I said "yeah, that's kind of what I thought". He takes the ticket signs it and puts his ID number down and says, just mail it and your good to go. See how easy that was? now I don't have to take my beater in to get fixed for a simple balky tag light and no one got tazed.

So what did stupid biatch do wrong?

1) She didn't go with the flow
2) She didn't work the situation
3) She didn't flash her beav. to make the cop relax and to give her a break.

Really, all she would of gotten was a ticket for the suspended license, speeding and her boy Mark could of driven her home. People can be so dumb.

WTF is a tag light? I'm serious i've never had one.Shit I'm 47 and had some really nice cars back in the day, none ever had a tag light.

Buns
07-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Classic Chris Rock.

As per Tazer beech, I have never seen someone talk to a cop like that and the cop be so damn calm and cool. He must have enjoyed shocking her ass. I would have.

MadMax
07-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Why do people think they can talk to cops like that? You can even be a smart ass, and be way more respectful than that. When a cop asked you seven times to get out of the car or I'm going to taze you, and you still sit on your freaking cell phone ignoring him, you deserve to get your ass tazered.

agree 100%

ChiefaRoo
07-18-2007, 12:20 AM
WTF is a tag light? I'm serious i've never had one.Shit I'm 47 and had some really nice cars back in the day, none ever had a tag light.

I didn't even know I had one until I looked up and under the bumper eave or whatever you call it. That's a good point you bring up. I doubt all cars even have tag lights. Dude was simply trolling for DUI's.

TinyEvel
07-18-2007, 12:45 AM
That noise she made after the tazing was made into a number one single on the dance charts.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I tried very hard to find it, but can't, so I withdraw my "repost."

you should have looked harder!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117353

REPOST!!!

KCChiefsMan
07-18-2007, 01:42 AM
heh, there are way way too many stupid people on this planet and the worst thing is, they are the ones reproducing the most. The movie Idiocracy will happen people, just a matter on when

kcxiv
07-18-2007, 01:49 AM
lol, thats some funny shit. I am not a fan of the police, but he did everything pretty textbook i beleive. He told her to get out. He asked her over and over. Thats all her fault.

ClevelandBronco
07-18-2007, 03:53 AM
"Hey, I know my rights. I don't have to do what you say. AAAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!."

We'll be seeing these images for decades to come with even better technology. Fun stuff for those of us who don't act like idiots when we're talking to cops.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Awesome!

HemiEd
07-18-2007, 06:02 AM
you should have looked harder!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117353

REPOST!!!

Thanks for finding it. Honestly, I looked at 30 pages of threads. I was pretty sure it was the one you and Crazycoffey got into a discussion from your perspective as peace officers.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 07:15 AM
Heh, Eyewitness.

Duck Dog
07-18-2007, 07:34 AM
What a stupid bitch. I hope the tazer fried her uterus.

el borracho
07-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Uncalled for...
What do you think the officer should have done?

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 08:07 AM

Tag lights have been DOT mandatory equipment since the ‘70’s.
Pretty easy to tell if someone has one. Pull up behind them at night, if you can read their tag, they have a light on it. If not, they don’t.

Eleazar
07-18-2007, 08:22 AM
A tag light is the light that illuminates your license plate. Every car has one.

I thought it was funny that she thought he wasn't allowed to pull her over for speeding unless he was stopped when he clocked her. It's kind of sad, but some dumbass told her that was true, then she acted (stupidly) on it.

And she still wasn't going to get anything done to her until we find out that she was driving on a suspended license, and refused to comply, and took a swing at the other officer.

If you ask me she got a lot of leniency.

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 08:33 AM
A tag light is the light that illuminates your license plate. Every car has one.

I thought it was funny that she thought he wasn't allowed to pull her over for speeding unless he was stopped when he clocked her. It's kind of sad, but some dumbass told her that was true, then she acted (stupidly) on it.

And she still wasn't going to get anything done to her until we find out that she was driving on a suspended license, and refused to comply, and took a swing at the other officer.

If you ask me she got a lot of leniency.

I had a guy tell me, and really believe it, that I could not stop him because he made three consecutive turns prior to me hitting my lights....

:spock:

ready for the kicker to the story?
I asked what he meant and where he heard that, he said he "read it somewhere" that if a cop is behind you, make three turns, (i.e. - right on main street, left on maple ave, and right on state street). If the cop trys to pull you over, "he's guilty of profiling...."

I told him I was going to stop him for speeding, and he kept turning and I didn't have a safe place for us to stop, so I was waiting for a good place.

Donger
07-18-2007, 08:38 AM
I had a guy tell me, and really believe it, that I could not stop him because he made three consecutive turns prior to me hitting my lights....

I asked what he meant and where he heard that, he said he "read it somewhere" that if a cop is behind you, make three turns, (i.e. - right on main street, left on maple ave, and right on state street). If the cop trys to pull you over, "he's guilty of profiling...."

I told him I was going to stop him for speeding, and he kept turning and I didn't have a safe place for us to stop, so I was waiting for a good place.

One of my brothers told me that one as well. He referred to it is "harassment." Then again, the same brother believed that all stop signs with a white stripe around them were optional.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 08:40 AM
One of my brothers told me that one as well. He referred to it is "harassment." Then again, the same brother believed that all stop signs with a white stripe around them were optional.

:LOL: Optional stop sign. ROFL

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 08:40 AM

STOP, if you want to.... That's funny

Eleazar
07-18-2007, 08:41 AM

LMAO

I heard once, and this sounds dubious but at least more grounded in truth than 3 turns, that if they lose line of sight on you after you did whatever-it-is, then they can't pull you over. How about that one?

Obviously if they see me run over a bunch of schoolchildren and then catch up to me down the road, they are still going to stop me, so I thought it sounded stupid, but I think a lot of people believe that one too.

stumppy
07-18-2007, 08:45 AM
owowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
owowowowwowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow
wowowowowowowowowowowowwow

ROFL

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 08:46 AM
LMAO

I heard once, and this sounds dubious but at least more grounded in truth than 3 turns, that if they lose line of sight on you after you did whatever-it-is, then they can't pull you over. How about that one?

Obviously if they see me run over a bunch of schoolchildren and then catch up to me down the road, they are still going to stop me, so I thought it sounded stupid, but I think a lot of people believe that one too.

that's going to depend on so many other variables, a crowded highway, you are speeding in white nissan altima and after topping a hill with the highway patrolman a good distance behind you and you slow down and pull behind another white nissan altima about the same year and you don't have any distinguishing marks on your car, and you may be right, not that he can't stop you, but your lawyer will love that story.

Conversely, if you are driving a bright green ferrari and there are no other ferrari's within a 100 miles of you, I'd say you're screwed.

El Jefe
07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a dog howling.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
LMAO

I could see something like that on a local level, but not nationally.
Some places have some quirky requirements. For an example “tracking history”. What that means is the office can't just take a snap shot of your speed and write a ticket, they have to take a reading, record your speed, take another reading, record your speed again, and so on to prove a purposeful disregard for the law, or some such lawyer wording like that.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
What do you think the officer should have done?

The woman could easily have been subdued by the officers.
Deploying the taser twice was excessive.

Having an attitude isn't exactly a crime last time I checked...

jjjayb
07-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Yes, then when they got into a physical confrontation with her and she gets injured you'd be screaming that wasn't necessary either. Grow a brain.

Having an attitude isn't exactly a crime last time I checked

But driving with a suspended license is.

R&GHomer
07-18-2007, 10:28 AM
ROFL... She fought the law and the law won. What a stupid bitch.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Yes, then when they got into a physical confrontation with her and she gets injured you'd be screaming that wasn't necessary either. Grow a brain.

This needs to be added to the CP Lexicon or something.
Perpetrators of crimes are never responsible for the consequences of their own actions. It’s always the cop’s fault.

Inspector
07-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Sounds like he fit the profile of one of those corner turners. Those guys are so irritating, turning those corners and all.

Inspector
07-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Wha???

You mean...

They're NOT optional????

Oh man...............

Micjones
07-18-2007, 11:28 AM

She's a woman. They could easily have restrained her and avoided the unnecessary use of tasers. And if something she had done in the process of being restrained cause her own physical injury...I wouldn't say a word. Except that she should've complied.

Which I said earlier in this thread.

A crime worthy of being hit with a taser?

Micjones
07-18-2007, 11:29 AM
This needs to be added to the CP Lexicon or something.
Perpetrators of crimes are never responsible for the consequences of their own actions. It’s always the cop’s fault.

Ignorance is bliss...

My first response to the video was that I myself would've complied.
That's obvious, but the fact that she didn't doesn't exactly make the officer's reaction necessary.

Chiefspants
07-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Hahahaha, that woman had it coming

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Ignorance is bliss...

My first response to the video was that I myself would've complied.
That's obvious, but the fact that she didn't doesn't exactly make the officer's reaction necessary.

By whose standards? Yours?
And you’re acting like getting Tazered is permanently disabling. It’s not, and the way to keep from being Tazered is to comply with the instructions the cop is giving you.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 11:57 AM
And you’re acting like getting Tazered is permanently disabling.

I'm wondering then why the taser manufacturer requires that officers in training sign liability waivers?

It’s not, and the way to keep from being Tazered is to comply with the instructions the cop is giving you.

The Palm Beach Post might have a little something to say on the matter.
According to their studies of taser usage in South Florida since 2001 "excessive usage" is normal in that area.

I advocate compliance with police officers, but to pretend that police officers don't abuse their authority is myopic to say the least.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I come on here and bash cops for their bullshit all the time. Not here. He told her over and over again to get out of the car. When a cop says get out of the car, it means GET OUT OF THE CAR. They are well within their rights to ask you to do so, even if they're wrong. He gave her options, she failed to comply. He used force, she had it coming. The only exception to this rule is if she froze up with the gun in her face, her attitude showed that clearly didn't happen. I advocate questioning authority, but for Christ's sake, pick your spots folks. That wasn't a good one. Could he have handled it differently? Sure. She pretty much asked for that though. I think she was trolling for a lawsuit. I hope she loses if she sues.

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Sounds like he fit the profile of one of those corner turners. Those guys are so irritating, turning those corners and all.

haha, damn corner turners - tazer them all, I say....

stumppy
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Just curious, how would you have handled the situation ?

I can't stand it when a cop crosses the line. I'm one of the first to cry foul when one of them uses what I consider excessive force. But in this particular situation I don't see anything wrong with what the cop did.

Fish
07-18-2007, 12:06 PM
She probably had a skateboard in the back seat......

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm wondering then why the taser manufacturer requires that officers in training sign liability waivers...

Gee, wouldn’t have to do with the litigious nature of our modern society would it?
Cops also have to be tazed themselves before they’re allowed to carry one. :shrug:

The Palm Beach Post might have a little something to say on the matter.
According to their studies of taser usage in South Florida since 2001 "excessive usage" is normal in that area.

What does that have to do with this cop? Is this in Palm Beach? And what criteria are they using to determine “excessive usage”, and the number of times this “excessive usage” is, uh, used?

I advocate compliance with police officers, but to pretend that police officers don't abuse their authority is myopic to say the least.

Please quote where I posted that no officer has ever abused their authority.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Just curious, how would you have handled the situation ?

I think I might've tried to restrain the woman and pull her out of the vehicle. The chance of her being injured only spikes when she tries to resist officers... In which case, rules of engagement would protect the officers from any litigation.

I can even wrap my mind about ONE deployment of the taser.
Two was completely and utterly excessive.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Well, yes....

I can live with that scenerio.

Your credibility just went way up in my book. Not that I'd expect you to give a shit, I'm just sayin......

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I think I might've tried to restrain the woman and pull her out of the vehicle. The chance of her being injured only spikes when she tries to resist officers... In which case, rules of engagement would protect the officers from any litigation.

I can even wrap my mind about ONE deployment of the taser.
Two was completely and utterly excessive.

How so? She’s still refusing to comply, coincidently the exact same reason for the first tazing.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Gee, wouldn’t have to do with the litigious nature of our modern society would it?
Cops also have to be tazed themselves before they’re allowed to carry one. :shrug:

Or better still... Wouldn't have anything to do with insufficient research concerning the aftereffects of electro-muscular disruption by the manufacturers would it?

Not like anyone's ever died as a result of having been tazed, right?

Is this in Palm Beach?

Boynton Beach is in Palm Beach County, yes.

And what criteria are they using to determine “excessive usage”, and the number of times this “excessive usage” is, uh, used?

Taken directly from the editorial:
"The review of three years' use by police from Boca Raton to Fort Pierce, starting in 2001 when the weapon arrived in South Florida, revealed that one of every four suspects zapped was not armed, violent or posing any immediate potential threat to anyone, including themselves. In at least 237 incidents, the stun gun was used to achieve compliance from passively resisting or fleeing suspects -- who often were not even arrested."

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:18 PM
How so? She’s still refusing to comply, coincidently the exact same reason for the first tazing.

Because she was already on the ground.
She was being asked to turn over after having been tazed.
I'm guessing when she said "I can't" that she really couldn't.
That's just a hunch though...

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM

I agree with this part. The 2nd time around was definately for fun. He was irritated and couldn't resist. Get it? Resist. LMAO

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:21 PM

If she couldn’t it had little to nothing to do with the Tazer and everything to do with her willingness.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2007, 12:23 PM
If she couldn’t it had little to nothing to do with the Tazer and everything to do with her willingness.

I think the convulsions that 50,000 watts of electricity shooting through your body just might constrict your motor skills to the point that you don't have full body functions. I don't know, I've never been tasered, I wouldn't think so though.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:27 PM

Obviously you know nothing about how tasers work then.
You might wanna do a little research.

I mean... That's kind of the point of having them, don't you think?
To INCAPACITATE someone?

*Snickering*

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I think the convulsions that 50,000 watts of electricity shooting through your body just might constrict your motor skills to the point that you don't have full body functions. I don't know, I've never been tasered, I wouldn't think so though.

Exactly... That's precisely why they're effective.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:28 PM

I’ve never been tazered either, but I work in electronics and have been zapped by higher voltage, more current, higher frequency, and I could still function normally, though it will give a guy the shakes.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Obviously you know nothing about how tasers work then.
You might wanna do a little research.

I mean... That's kind of the point of having them, don't you think?
To INCAPACITATE someone?

*Snickering*

I’ve never been tazered either, but I work in electronics and have been zapped by higher voltage, more current, higher frequency, and I could still function normally, though it will give a guy the shakes.

:rolleyes: ROFL

I’d think it’s a reasonable assumption I have a better working knowledge of how electricity works and it’s effects on the human body. But whatever you want to convince yourself of. :shrug:
One question though, is there ever a point in time where this woman is responsible for her actions?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
though it will give a guy the shakes.

LMAO I don't know why electrocution is so funny, it just is.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
How long was the higher voltage sustained?
How much higher was the voltage?

You're full of crap.
I can guarantee you that a higher voltage wouldn't have seen you quietly reading a book.

50,000 volts is more than enough to render someone incapacitated.

You're being disingenuous if you want us to believe you had full control of your motor skills with 50,000+ going through your body.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
How long was the higher voltage sustained?
How much higher was the voltage?

You're full of crap.
I can guarantee you that a higher voltage wouldn't have seen you quietly reading a book.

50,000 volts is more than enough to render someone incapacitated.

You're being disingenuous if you want us to believe you had full control of your motor skills with 50,000+ going through your body.

You have no understanding of electricity.
Voltage isn’t what typically kills, current is. Though frequency has to be added in there, one of the reasons why domestic electricity has a 60 Hz frequency. If it happens to get to your heart, its less likely to upset the beat.

Fish
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
:rolleyes: ROFL

I’d think it’s a reasonable assumption I have a better working knowledge of how electricity works and it’s effects on the human body. But whatever you want to convince yourself of. :shrug:
One question though, is there ever a point in time where this woman is responsible for her actions?

Getting an arc from your electronics isn't quite the same as having a short-length closed circuit embedded into your skin with barbed probes.

el borracho
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Having an attitude isn't exactly a crime last time I checked...
Well, we can't see everything exactly from that video but we can see the 1st cop reach in to pull her out and we can hear her say something like (I'm paraphrasing here) "Let go of my arm"and later in the video we hear the first cop say that she tried to hit the second cop so I'm guessing it wouldn't have been "easy". I guess the cops could have tried to go in and drag her out but by doing so they would have put themselves at a lot more personal risk than simply giving her the choice, "Get out of the car or I'm going to taze you".

All in all, I can't really laugh at the video but I also don't feel too sorry for the woman as she is woefully ignorant of the law and has an enormous attitude problem. This really might be the only way she learns to behave.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:40 PM
You have no understanding of electricity.
Voltage isn’t what typically kills, current is. Though frequency has to be added in there, one of the reasons why domestic electricity has a 60 Hz frequency. If it happens to get to your heart, its less likely to upset the beat.

We're not talking about whether or not the voltage was lethal, but rather it's ability to restrict range of movement.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Getting an arc from your electronics isn't quite the same as having a short-length closed circuit embedded into your skin with barbed probes.

140KV supply on the back of a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube, like a TV uses), does that count?
And just FYI, but you won’t get shocked by an open circuit. It’s when you complete the circuit that you get shocked.
You can walk around holding a hot line all day, until you become grounded. Then it’s gonna suck.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 12:43 PM
We're not talking about whether or not the voltage was lethal, but rather it's ability to restrict range of movement.

Something I have direct experience with.
But it looks like the cop is damned no matter what is said so I guess I should just leave you to your Monday morning quarter backing.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Well, we can't see everything exactly from that video but we can see the 1st cop reach in to pull her out and we can hear her say something like (I'm paraphrasing here) "Let go of my arm"and later in the video we hear the first cop say that she tried to hit the second cop so I'm guessing it wouldn't have been "easy".

This is precisely why I've called the officer's reaction into question.
She was formally charged with resisting arrest WITHOUT violence.

I'm wondering how such is possible if she truly took a swipe at the officer as he suggested in the clip. I have seen the full unedited video from the officer pulling her over to her being taken into custody.

Again, she should've been much more compliant with the officer, but I think the officer could've handled matters differently as well.

There is information surrounding this incident that isn't available to potential viewers in the clip. According to the young lady who was pulled over her family had been repeatedly harrassed by law enforcement officials after they filed suit against the city several years prior. I can understand being wary of law enforcement officials. I am myself... And I have never been arrested.

Though even when considering my being wary of the police I always comply. That was her mistake.

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 12:46 PM

the shock will restrict movement during the delivery. (when you hear the clicking noise) Right after it stops all body control is returned, while I'm sure she was scarred and in "WTF" mode, she could turn over, as she did after he tazered her again. I don't know that he needed to deliver a second dose, but I don't think its excessive either.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
But it looks like the cop is damned no matter what is said so I guess I should just leave you to your Monday morning quarter backing.

I've said from the beginning that she should've been compliant with the officer's, but again that doesn't excuse an excessive showing of force either.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh JHC!!!!!!!! WTF is it with people who have never been in Law Enforcement?? The lady disobeyed an order to get out of her car not ONCE not TWICE not even THREE times but at least SIX times, so she got tazed....tazing leaves her no worse for the wear, if they had gone hands on with her she could have come out with broken bones or torn ligaments ...the moral of the story is when you have broken the law and an officer asks you to do something THEN DO IT !!! or face the f%cking consequences

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 12:55 PM
I've said from the beginning that she should've been compliant with the officer's, but again that doesn't excuse an excessive showing of force either.

it is not excessive in any sense of the word, had he shot her it would have been excessive, had he beaten her to a bloody pulp it would have been excessive

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:55 PM
the shock will restrict movement during the delivery. (when you hear the clicking noise) Right after it stops all body control is returned, while I'm sure she was scarred and in "WTF" mode, she could turn over, as she did after he tazered her again. I don't know that he needed to deliver a second dose, but I don't think its excessive either.

Watch the video again...
She didn't turn over on her own.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Watch the video again...
She didn't turn over on her own.

she wouldn't get out of the car on her own either

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh JHC!!!!!!!! WTF is it with people who have never been in Law Enforcement?? The lady disobeyed an order to get out of her car not ONCE not TWICE not even THREE times but at least SIX times, so she got tazed....tazing leaves her no worse for the wear, if they had gone hands on with her she could have come out with broken bones or torn ligaments ...the moral of the story is when you have broken the law and an officer asks you to do something THEN DO IT !!! or face the f%cking consequences

The irony here is that regulations that govern the usage of tasers differs greatly across the board. But apparently you have some stronghold on what is and isn't excessive.

The fact that you represent law enforcement officials hardly makes you infallible.

Micjones
07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
she wouldn't get out of the car on her own either

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Again, that doesn't justify her having been tazed twice.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
hey Micjones I wanna know what you do for a living so I can follow you aroud and Monday Morning QB everything you do

ChiefaRoo
07-18-2007, 12:58 PM

May I suggest you use your night stick officer?

crazycoffey

well, let's be real, the tazer hooks probably put unsightly holes in her clothing.....

DenverChief
The fact that you represent law enforcement officials hardly makes you infallible.

I'd like for you to point out where I said I was?

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Again, that doesn't justify her having been tazed twice.

and what education do you have that grants you wisdom beyond your years in matters of law enforcement?

Radar Chief
I've said from the beginning that she should've been compliant with the officer's

While telling people with experience in the field you’re crying about that they’re “full of crap”. ROFL Yea, you’ve been a real saint on this topic.

Micjones
Then, I'd ask you what point you were trying to make by drawing a line in the sand?

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
well, let's be real, the tazer hooks probably put unsightly holes in her clothing.....

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Micjones
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
and what education do you have that grants you wisdom beyond your years in matters of law enforcement?

One doesn't need a career in law enforcement to know the law or to know what constitutes excessive force. Seriously...

Micjones
07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
While telling people with experience in the field you’re crying about that they’re “full of crap”. ROFL Yea, you’ve been a real saint on this topic.

What experience do you have with tasers?

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 01:03 PM

He was born in America, and coddled by his parents, told he was "a special person" all his life, stand up for his beliefs. You don't need to be educated if you have a strong opinion.

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
One doesn't need a career in law enforcement to know the law or to know what constitutes excessive force. Seriously...

One also doesn't need to know the law to be found guilty of breaking it.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:05 PM

you must have some kind of training in law or law enforcement to make these statements do you know what the use of force continuum is? Do you know what the courts have said about that continuum? Or is all of your "experience" based on court TV and COPS?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2007, 01:06 PM
One also doesn't need to know the law to be found guilty of breaking it.

Ignorance is no excuse......it's valid too. Could this guy have gone another route? Sure. Did he do anything wrong? Absolutely not.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 01:08 PM
LMAO I don't know why electrocution is so funny, it just is.

While in Army AIT, I saw a girl in trouble shooting a CWAR (Continuous Wave Acquisition Radar, or “Doppler” Radar) input voltage. Input voltage is 416VAC 3 Phase 400 Hz.
She had the probes of a voltmeter measuring across two of the phases when she went to look at the schematics and accidently shorted the two phases together with her probe. BANG! Lightening shot all the way around her and instantly half the school went down.
New nickname? Sparky.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
While in Army AIT, I saw a girl in trouble shooting a CWAR (Continuous Wave Acquisition Radar, or “Doppler” Radar) input voltage. Input voltage is 416VAC 3 Phase 400 Hz.
She had the probes of a voltmeter measuring across two of the phases when she went to look at the schematics and accidently shorted the two phases together with her probe. BANG! Lightening shot all the way around her and instantly half the school went down.
New nickname? Sparky.

LMAO nice sparky

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 01:10 PM
What experience do you have with tasers?

We covered this ground already. Reread the topic if you can’t keep up.

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Ignorance is no excuse......it's valid too. Could this guy have gone another route? Sure. Did he do anything wrong? Absolutely not.

Ignorance is not a defense to prosecution, technically, and yes he could have done something else and no he didn't do anything wrong, now your credibility is starting go up with me.

Radar Chief
07-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Pretty reasonable take, IMO. :thumb:

Fish
07-18-2007, 01:16 PM
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/454/taserdeaths1201ne0.gif

Duck Dog
07-18-2007, 01:20 PM
What's more humane? Tazing the psycho hoe or beating the crap out of her? Either way she was determined to put up a fight. Why would or should the cop put himself at risk of being bit, scratched or stabbed by some low life?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
What's more humane? Tazing the psycho hoe or beating the crap out of her? Either way she was determined to put up a fight. Why would or should the cop put himself at risk of being bit, scratched or stabbed by some low life?

Thread closed.

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 01:24 PM

and yet it's still being used, oh my. Plus from my experience I believe it landed between physical restraint and pepper spray on the use of force continuum.

BTW KCfish, in all likelyhood you have to consider other variables in this debate, health of the person, under the influence of an illegal substance, etc. Plus in another post you mentioned the barbs, they are very small and most likely in this case did not make it past her first layer of clothing, it doesn't have to be embedded into the skin to deliver the shock.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:29 PM

its not due to tasers SCDS has been around for quite a while

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
and yet it's still being used, oh my. Plus from my experience I believe it landed between physical restraint and pepper spray on the use of force continuum.

BTW KCfish, in all likelyhood you have to consider other variables in this debate, health of the person, under the influence of an illegal substance, etc. Plus in another post you mentioned the barbs, they are very small and most likely in this case did not make it past her first layer of clothing, it doesn't have to be embedded into the skin to deliver the shock.

http://www.ipicd.com/

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
So how did this happen? Guy you arrested dies in the back of your police car. Or back of the ambulance. Or in the emergency room. Or in your jail. Could you have done anything different that would have saved the life (and the lawsuit)?

You get the call. Too bad you’re not on your lunch break.

Violent guy in the street. Naked. Acting crazy. Flipped out. Paranoid. Shouting gibberish worse than your sergeant in roll call. Sweaty. “Super-human strength.” A case of “excited delirium.”

You and several back-up officers confront him. Maybe a big fight. Maybe a TASER. You finally get him down and handcuffed. (It usually takes about six officers to do that.)

While you’re waiting for paramedics to come and check him out, he stops breathing and dies. Or maybe it’s an hour later. Or a day. Or a week.

Internal affairs. District attorney’s investigation. Front pages. Relatives on the 6 o’clock news: “The police murdered my son. He was a good boy who never caused anyone any trouble.”

Your chief wants to know what happened. The family’s attorney gets on TV. You get sued.

After a few weeks, the coroner comes back with the toxicology report. It makes the back pages, small article. Cause of death: Cardiac arrhythmia due to acute cocaine (or methamphetamine, or PCP) intoxication. Contributory factors: Police restraint (maybe involving a TASER, maybe not). Next step: Coroner’s inquest.

This scenario plays out hundreds of times a year. Some doctors are trying to do something about it. What can we learn from them?

Dr. Christine Hall, up in Canada, is one of the doctors in the forefront of new research on this subject. She and some colleagues in the United States have secured some grants to study this phenomena with an eye toward identifying possible prevention measures.

She had a young guy die in her emergency room last year. It was his tenth visit, with identical medical “presentation,” as doctors like to call it. He was flipped out. He was acting the same, time after time. It was cocaine, time after time.

So why did he die on the tenth visit? Why not the ninth? Or the fifth? Or the first?

A small number of people who flip out on coke, meth, PCP, and in some cases schizophrenics who refuse to take their medication, manage to over-exert themselves right into a heart attack.

Some doctors advise that the TASER ought to be the restraint mechanism of first resort, because it is the person’s hyperactivity that is killing them, and the TASER is the quickest way to stop the hyperactivity.

Skip Towne
07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
If you touch a person being tasered, will you get shocked?

Fish
07-18-2007, 01:37 PM

I think you're oversimplifying. I would hope most people would rather the police not have to use force, lethal or otherwise.

The danger with less-than-lethal methods like tasers is that some people hear that as "perfectly safe", and don't think twice about using them in non-life-threatening situations.

I have no problem with them being used, I just wish the discretion in which they are used would be examined to a better extent.

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 01:38 PM

only if you touched the person between the two barbs, like if the barbs go into the midsection and you are holding the arms, you would be ok, the current doesn't go all over the body.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:38 PM

no...the electricity only travels between the two barbs

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 01:41 PM
I think you're oversimplifying. I would hope most people would rather the police not have to use force, lethal or otherwise.

The danger with less-than-lethal methods like tasers is that some people hear that as "perfectly safe", and don't think twice about using them in non-life-threatening situations.

I have no problem with them being used, I just wish the discretion in which they are used would be examined to a better extent.

I would agree with this assessment, KC Fish, a false sense of security is a bad thing, for both parties envolved in these situations. Plus, I never want to use any force in a situation.

DenverChief
07-18-2007, 01:44 PM
I would agree with this assessment, KC Fish, a false sense of security is a bad thing, for both parties envolved in these situations. Plus, I never want to use any force in a situation.

I know when I tell people they are under arrest I wish they would just turn around and let me place the cuffs on them I mean sheesh!

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh JHC!!!!!!!! WTF is it with people who have never been in Law Enforcement?? I would guess it's similar to non-educators thinking they know more about learning theory and practice.

hawkchief
07-18-2007, 02:05 PM
IMO the stupid bitch got exactly what she deserved. That said, sadly, I'm sure in our milk-toast society that the cop/city/police dept et al is being sued by the female punk and her family, and the bitch will probably win. We live in a crazy society where the tail, many times continues to wag the dog.

Inspector
07-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I know when I tell people they are under arrest I wish they would just turn around and let me place the cuffs on them I mean sheesh!

Yep.

It's easier to knock them down, stick your knee into their back and beat the crap out of them then.

:)

(I'm just meesin with ya man...)

Scaga
07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Stupid bitch...
She got exactly what she deserved. ROFL

crazycoffey
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I would guess it's similar to non-educators thinking they know more about learning theory and practice.

I would imagine that to be true, like going to the doctor and telling him/her what you have and what medicine you need.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
It's really rather simple... comply with the officer or pay the price. Get all riled up and resist, then you pose a threat and should be treated accordingly.

This lady was borderline out of control before he went back with the taser, she reaches in her purse for the phone to make a call...

Rewind this situation and replace the phone with a knife or similar and the crazy bitch puts the officer at risk or worse yet, acts on her impulse.

Sure, some cops (as seen on random videos) are over the top... but, step in their shoes, they see things that none of us see, so they have to be prepared for anything.

I have no problem with the use of the taser in this instance.

mikey23545
07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I bet that stupid c*nt knows what "Please step out of the car" means now....

suds79
07-18-2007, 02:38 PM
ROFL That was awesome.

If you get mouthy with the cops and don't do what they say, bad stuff will happen every single time.