PDA

View Full Version : Guiliani loses huge Hillbilly Heroin case

Ugly Duck
07-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Rudy Guiliani and Rush Limbaugh suffered a crushing defeat in court today:

ABINGDON, Virginia (AP) -- Purdue Pharma L.P., the maker of OxyContin, and three of its executives were ordered Friday to pay a $634.5 million fine for misleading the public about the painkiller's risk of addiction.

Designed to be swallowed whole and digested over 12 hours, the pills can produce a heroin-like high if crushed and then swallowed, snorted or injected.

Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani played a central role in negotiating on behalf of Purdue with federal prosecutors

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/HEALTH/07/20/oxycontin.plea.ap/art.oxycontin.gi.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/07/20/oxycontin.plea.ap/index.html

Brock
07-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Wow, if that happens 20 more times, they might go broke.

Ugly Duck
07-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow, if that happens 20 more times, they might go broke.

The heroin producers don't have to worry much cuz they got Rudy arguing on their behalf - he'll make sure there's plenty of dangerous smack available on the streets for drugies like Limbaugh to score at will.

Brock
07-21-2007, 10:17 AM
The heroin producers don't have to worry much cuz they got Rudy arguing on their behalf - he'll make sure there's plenty of dangerous smack available on the streets for drugies like Limbaugh to score at will.

How will he that?

wazu
07-21-2007, 10:23 AM

Yeah, and he'll probably let them keep buying model glue, Robitussin and Sudafed, too. That MONSTER!

Baby Lee
07-21-2007, 11:23 AM
That's what I love about UD. It's all about the issues.
None of that 'yer team boo, mah team yea!!" BS.

Ugly Duck
07-21-2007, 06:05 PM
That's what I love about UD. It's all about the issues.
None of that 'yer team boo, mah team yea!!" BS.

Thank you... I appreciate that - I really do. You're not near as bad as everyone says...