PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson Will Not Join the Race 4 2008 Until After Labor Day

recxjake
07-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Fred Thompson Will Not Join the Race 4 2008 Until After Labor Day

First, early July. Then, mid-July. Then, August. Then, the Washington Post had “several sources in Thompson’s campaign” who said he might wait until September.

Looks like those sources have been confirmed. According to Marc Ambinder, MSNBC, and a couple different blogs, aides to Fred Thompson this week said he will wait until after Labor Day to get into the race.

Labor Day falls on September 3rd this year, six and a half weeks from now.

www.race42008.com

Hoover
07-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Wow thats pretty late, but he should have plenty of time to kick Giuliani's ass.

Taco John
07-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I remember when the big news was that he was going to announce over Independance day weekend. I wonder if once Labor Day weekend rolls around, he'll push it back again to Halloween...

wazu
07-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't remember ever seeing a presidential candidate that seemed so unenthusiastic about running. Closest thing might be Perot when he dropped out of the race for awhile.

CHIEF4EVER
07-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I actually like it that a candidate isn't so enthusiastic about running. Maybe he won't be such a self centered prick. I know, I know...delusional. I can hope though.

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I remember when the big news was that he was going to announce over Independance day weekend. I wonder if once Labor Day weekend rolls around, he'll push it back again to Halloween...Why should you give a shit, by then you're freight train should be pulling a huge Democratic train by then.

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Fred Thompson Will Not Join the Race 4 2008 Until After Labor Day

First, early July. Then, mid-July. Then, August. Then, the Washington Post had “several sources in Thompson’s campaign” who said he might wait until September.

Looks like those sources have been confirmed. According to Marc Ambinder, MSNBC, and a couple different blogs, aides to Fred Thompson this week said he will wait until after Labor Day to get into the race.

Labor Day falls on September 3rd this year, six and a half weeks from now.

www.race42008.com (http://www.race42008.com) I have news for you jake break, if Rudi gets the nod, I am not voting for him.

CHIEF4EVER
07-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I have news for you jake break, if Rudi gets the nod, I am not voting for him.

No doubt. I would rather be slid down a mile long razor blade into a pool of alcohol than vote for Rrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuudy.

Ugly Duck
07-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow thats pretty late, but he should have plenty of time to kick Giuliani's ass.

This is bad news for Dems. Thompson doesn't need to enter the race at this point cuz he's gaining on the frontrunner when he's not even a candidate yet. If the trend continues and he overtakes Rudy before he even declares.... thats the stuff of legend & would make quite a splash. Even None-of-the-Above is kicking the Republican frontrunner's ass. Dems gotta find a way to torpedo Thompson now to keep Rudy in front. Don't we have a Karl Rove kinda guy on our side?

CHIEF4EVER
07-21-2007, 05:13 PM
This is bad news for Dems. Thompson doesn't need to enter the race at this point cuz he's gaining on the frontrunner when he's not even a candidate yet. If the trend continues and he overtakes Rudy before he even declares.... thats the stuff of legend & would make quite a splash. Dems gotta find a way to torpedo Thompson now to keep Rudy in front. Don't we have a Karl Rove kinda guy on our side?

Not a chance. He will wait until Rudy finishes stepping on his crank. LMAO

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't remember ever seeing a presidential candidate that seemed so unenthusiastic about running. Closest thing might be Perot when he dropped out of the race for awhile.You have got to love free publicity, or "buzz", as it's known in politics.

Calcountry
07-21-2007, 05:22 PM
This is bad news for Dems. Thompson doesn't need to enter the race at this point cuz he's gaining on the frontrunner when he's not even a candidate yet. If the trend continues and he overtakes Rudy before he even declares.... thats the stuff of legend & would make quite a splash. Even None-of-the-Above is kicking the Republican frontrunner's ass. Dems gotta find a way to torpedo Thompson now to keep Rudy in front. Don't we have a Karl Rove kinda guy on our side?I don't believe that a mayor of NY has ever ascended to the Presidency.