PDA

View Full Version : Cheney - Commander in Chief

nomad
07-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Four hours as acting President of the United States and he didn't invade a foriegn nation.

Uncommon restraint for the man..... :clap:

Bowser
07-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Heh.

ChiefaRoo
07-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Dick Cheney is a fine man and a one helluva model American.

patteeu
07-21-2007, 06:52 PM

That's the best post I've seen around here in several weeks.

nomad
07-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Especially for someone belonging to the legislative branch... :hmmm:

go bowe
07-21-2007, 07:37 PM
That's the best post I've seen around here in several weeks.mushroom clouds... :eek:

and for our encore, we present president dick cheney...

no, really, he was the president for real for a little while...

and he didn't get us into any (more) wars..

and the country did not collapse...

etc.

president dick cheney...

that has a nice sound to it, don't you think?

Logical
07-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Dick Cheney is a fine man and a one helluva model American.You are trying really hard to make me throw up, aren't you?

go bowe
07-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Especially for someone belonging to the legislative branch... :hmmm:aw hell, just get him a revised constitution placing the vice president in his own new branch of government, the super-executive...

just don't let him handle any firearms...

patteeu
07-21-2007, 07:50 PM
mushroom clouds... :eek:

and for our encore, we present president dick cheney...

no, really, he was the president for real for a little while...

and he didn't get us into any (more) wars..

and the country did not collapse...

etc.

president dick cheney...

that has a nice sound to it, don't you think?

Music to my ears. ;)

One of the endearing qualities of Dick Cheney, though, is his lack of ambition to be President. It's nice to have a guy in office who you know is more interested in the well being of our country than in his own personal career advancement. It liberates him and his 2nd term President to take positions that might not be the most politically advantageous. (I sure wish they hadn't decided to poke a finger in the eye of their base with the comprehensive immigration reform that they must have known would be a bomb among conservatives whose support they need for Iraq though.) :)

HolmeZz
07-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Dick Cheney would have you killed in front of your own children if it'd turn a profit.

ChiefaRoo
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
You chumps have bought into the propaganda against Cheney. When he was Def. Sec. in the 80's everyone in the media said he was a solid guy and NO one said anything negative about him in the media. Years later he comes back into public office and he gets the shite smeared out of him from day one. He's the same guy and he's a good man. You sheep that eat this anti Cheney crap up are to be pitied

Pitt Gorilla
07-21-2007, 08:10 PM
You chumps have bought into the propaganda against Cheney. When he was Def. Sec. in the 80's everyone in the media said he was a solid guy and NO one said anything negative about him in the media. Years later he comes back into public office and he gets the shite smeared out of him from day one. He's the same guy and he's a good man. You sheep that eat this anti Cheney crap up are to be pitiedIs Kerry a good guy?

ChiefaRoo
07-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Is Kerry a good guy?

Bob Kerry? He's alright.

Logical
07-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I think Cheney has been his own worst enemy, I dont think it was a media conspiracy to portray him as a meglomaniac.

ChiefaRoo
07-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I think Cheney has been his own worst enemy, I dont think it was a media conspiracy to portray him as a meglomaniac.

facts please

Logical
07-21-2007, 10:56 PM
facts please

Cheney's power grab saying White House Rules don't apply to him

Cheney's support of Haliburton

Cheney's hiding the fact that he shot his friend even from Bush.

Cheney's telling the Senator to F*ck off in the Senate.

Cheney's relentless support of an immensly unpopular Iraq war.

Cheney hiding the results of his energy group while we are paying for skyrocketing fuel prices.

And this is probably only skimming the surface.

Felch83
07-22-2007, 02:59 PM
What a dumb thread. Lame liberal humor

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Cheney's power grab saying White House Rules don't apply to him - Executive privilege is nothing new. The legislative branch doesn't have the right to order the exective branch around.

Cheney's support of Haliburton - Cheney sat on HB's board, why wouldn't he support them? Further, HB has capabilities that are unique to their company making them the only candidate in some cases for a job

Cheney's hiding the fact that he shot his friend even from Bush. - He didn't hide anything it was all over the media and it was an accident.

Cheney's telling the Senator to F*ck off in the Senate. - I tell Pat Leahy to F*ck off everytime I hear him speak on TV. In fact, he can fook off right now.

Cheney's relentless support of an immensly unpopular Iraq war. - It's called leadership, wars are NEVER popular, who wants to hear about people being killed?

Cheney hiding the results of his energy group while we are paying for skyrocketing fuel prices. - He had every right to have closed door meetings on our energy policy when he came into office.

And this is probably only skimming the surface. Skimming the surface of propaganda and innuendo. No facts, just BS. There is no evidence there is just a long trail of character assassination.

Logical
07-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Skimming the surface of propaganda and innuendo. No facts, just BS. There is no evidence there is just a long trail of character assassination.You are just wrong many times in your rebuttal. Try to reinterpret facts if it makes you feel better but as an example you are clearly wrong about Cheney hiding his shooting incident.
Even Republicans are criticizing the White House’s penchant for secrecy on issues like the Cheney hunting accident. Can the veep ever emerge from the twilight zone of political ridicule? Even now, with a very different story -- an accident, not a duel -- American citizens have the right to hear what their vice president has done. They should not have to wait four days while Cheney hides in his bureaucratic cave and then negotiates a friendly interview on Fox. This is about being straight with people. It's not about politics or petty journalism.

noa
07-22-2007, 04:53 PM

I thought that was Ray Finkle

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I thought that was Ray Finkle
Finally, someone got the joke. REP.

Cheney is a fine man. At least as fine as the rest of us flawed creatures.

banyon
07-22-2007, 06:10 PM
I occasionally have to defend Bush against some of my further left friends that he is not the worst president in our history.

I doubt I will ever be tempted to refute an argument that Cheney is the worst VP ever.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 06:30 PM
I occasionally have to defend Bush against some of my further left friends that he is not the worst president in our history.

I doubt I will ever be tempted to refute an argument that Cheney is the worst VP ever.

Jimmy "The Malaise" Carter is the worst Pres. I've ever seen. He was less than bad. He was a pathetic leader and when Ronaldus Magnus schooled him in 1980 it was the best thing to happen to the US since we won WW2.

By the way for all you kiddies out there. I remember listening to the radio with my mom as we were driving home the night before the election in 1980. ALL of the media, ABC, CBS, NBC (Which at the time was all the media outside of print) were predicting a Carter win, although it was "going to be close". I remember asking my mom (as I was a little tyke) why is RR going to lose? (because everyone in my family was for RR) She said "I don't know" the next day Reagan won the election with 489 electoral votes to 49.

No liberal media bias? BULLSH*T!

banyon
07-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Jimmy "The Malaise" Carter is the worst Pres. I've ever seen. He was less than bad. He was a pathetic leader and when Ronaldus Magnus schooled him in 1980 it was the best thing to happen to the US since we won WW2.

Carter is definitely a bottom 10 pres.

No liberal media bias? BULLSH*T!

Corporatization of the news industry has cured most of this problem for you. Now just more stories about what Paris Hilton and the gang are up to next - Tonight on Larry King!

Bowser
07-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Raise your hand if you think Cheney has done an exemplary job as VP......

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Carter is definitely a bottom 10 pres.

Corporatization of the news industry has cured most of this problem for you. Now just more stories about what Paris Hilton and the gang are up to next - Tonight on Larry King!

I love the new media. I listen to what I like and what I don't like (just to see what the other guy is thinking).

My favs:

1) FOX News - "Of course" say the libs in unison
2) Hannity - On tv and radio
3) Mark Levin - My favorite radio show right now. He's like eating to much ice cream. You know your going to get fat but its just so good.
4) Washington Times - Solid Paper

banyon
07-22-2007, 06:41 PM
I love the new media. I listen to what I like and what I don't like (just to see what the other guy is thinking).

My favs:

1) FOX News - "Of course" say the libs in unison
2) Hannity - On tv and radio
3) Mark Levin - My favorite radio show right now. He's like eating to much ice cream. You know your going to get fat but its just so good.
4) Washington Times - Solid Paper

What do you listen to that you don't like?

Bowser
07-22-2007, 06:44 PM
At least you didn't list O'Reilly. Douchebags are jealous of his doucheness.

An example of why Fox News is pure crap - during the whole Scooter Libby ordeal, Fair and Balanced headline their eveing shows with debates about John Edwards' haircuts. FOR THREE DAYS.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 06:44 PM
What do you listen to that you don't like?

1) What's left of Air America on Satellite radio
2) LA Times
3) CBS Evening News
4) That idiot Keith Olbermann
5) Chris Matthews

I would read NY Times online but I'm not paying money to hear that shite.

Bowser
07-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Olbermann is pretty entertaining, imo.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 06:47 PM
At least you didn't list O'Reilly. Douchebags are jealous of his doucheness.

An example of why Fox News is pure crap - during the whole Scooter Libby ordeal, Fair and Balanced headline their eveing shows with debates about John Edwards' haircuts. FOR THREE DAYS.

O'Reilly is ok but he wears me out like Rush Limbaugh. I agree O'Reilly is an a-hole but you can't argue with his success.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Olbermann is pretty entertaining, imo.

He is entertaining because he's got a sense of humor but in the end he gets all dramatic and condescending. Then he wraps it up by ripping off Edward R. Murrows catch phrase.

Ugly Duck
07-22-2007, 06:52 PM

Haircuts? HAIRCUTS? I don't get it... whats newsworthy about his freakin hair? They didn't cover it in mainstream media - wutsup with Edward's hair?

Bowser
07-22-2007, 06:53 PM
He is entertaining because he's got a sense of humor but in the end he gets all dramatic and condescending. Then he wraps it up by ripping off Edward R. Murrows catch phrase.

Yeah, I don't mind commentaries, but he does go over the top with it.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Fox has the hottest chick reporters too.

banyon
07-22-2007, 06:55 PM
1) What's left of Air America on Satellite radio
2) LA Times
3) CBS Evening News
4) That idiot Keith Olbermann
5) Chris Matthews

I would read NY Times online but I'm not paying money to hear that shite.

So no real left-oriented sources then? This is what left wing media looks like to you, right?

Bowser
07-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Haircuts? HAIRCUTS? I don't get it... whats newsworthy about his freakin hair? They didn't cover it in mainstream media - wutsup with Edward's hair?

It successfully diverted their attention away from the Libby case.

Bowser
07-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Fox has the hottest chick reporters too.

Damn right they do! Best part of the station! Fair and Balanced T&A!

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I don't mind commentaries, but he does go over the top with it.

Levin calls him Keith Overbite and Countdown to No Ratings
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNCCGZbEZfs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNCCGZbEZfs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 07:01 PM
So no real left-oriented sources then? This is what left wing media looks like to you, right?

Lib Sat. radio is pretty far left. I won't read Salon magazine or read Moveon.org. That's like watching Jerry Springer IMO.

Ugly Duck
07-22-2007, 07:02 PM

So attention was diverted from the Libby case by talking about Edward's hair.... that is just really strange...

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 07:02 PM

Maybe, but guys like me believe the Libby thing was a fishing expedition. Edwards hair? Couldn't care less.

Pitt Gorilla
07-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Maybe, but guys like me believe the Libby thing was a fishing expedition. Edwards hair? Couldn't care less.So, you're cool with perjury?

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 07:25 PM
So, you're cool with perjury?

No, not really. That being said the investigation was originally about the Valerie Plame "leak" and Joe Wilson's quoted desire "to have Karl Rove frog marched out of the White House" in Shackles for said leak. The prosecutor couldn't find any evidence of leaking mis-conduct so they zeroed in on a secondary target (Libby) who worked for Cheney and asked him so many questions about so many sensitive things in the end he got himself all tied up in knots and the DC (read democratic) jury found him guilty. I have no doubt Scooter Libby tried to protect his bosses and he may flat out of lied. I also have no doubt that what he was protecting were his bosses and in his mind their confidential meetings and actions etc. and for that I admire his loyalty. You see the original thing that got the investigation started was changed as were the targets of the investigation. It was a political witch hunt. Libby got convicted of perjury of what I still am not quite sure and then got commuted by Bush. It all worked out in the end. Welcome to power politics DC style.

To wrap this all up a Civil Court threw Plames case out last week.

Logical
07-22-2007, 07:30 PM
No, not really. That being said the investigation was originally about the Valerie Plame "leak" and Joe Wilson's quoted desire "to have Karl Rove frog marched out of the White House" in Shackles for said leak. The prosecutor couldn't find any evidence of leaking mis-conduct so they zeroed in on a secondary target (Libby) who worked for Cheney and asked him so many questions about so many sensitive things in the end he got himself all tied up in knots and the DC (read democratic) jury found him guilty. I have no doubt Scooter Libby tried to protect his bosses and he may flat out of lied. I also have no doubt that what he was protecting were his bosses and in his mind their confidential meetings and actions etc. and for that I admire his loyalty. You see the original thing that got the investigation started was changed as were the targets of the investigation. It was a political witch hunt. Libby got convicted of perjury of what I still am not quite sure and then got commuted by Bush. It all worked out in the end. Welcome to power politics DC style.

To wrap this all up a Civil Court threw Plames case out last week.

This is the kind of thinking that allowed the soldiers to commit attrocities in the names of their leaders throughout history.:rolleyes:

keg in kc
07-22-2007, 07:32 PM
So, you're cool with perjury?As long as it doesn't involve blow jobs or other degenerate behavior.

banyon
07-22-2007, 07:36 PM

I really don't get how people try to label the Libby prosecution this way. A prosecutor appointed by Bush does what prosecutors normally do when they are investigating a conspiracy, whether that is drug or Mafia, or corruption, and charges an underling with lesser crimes to try to get at the bigger bait. He wasn't able to get the bigger fish because Libby wouldn't flip and so he had to prosecute him as originally charged.

If you tell the guy on the street that you charged with marijuana possession that he can go free whether or not he tells you the name of his dealer, then you're never going to get to anyone but the petty stupid criminals.

So, because his bark has to have bite, Fitzgerald proescutes him for a crime that he did commit is convicted by a jury of his peers, and a judge appointed by Bush sentences him.

Political witch hunt. Totally. Did you read the part about the Democrats in there? Neither did I.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 07:41 PM
I really don't get how people try to label the Libby prosecution this way. A prosecutor appointed by Bush does what prosecutors normally do when they are investigating a conspiracy, whether that is drug or Mafia, or corruption, and charges an underling with lesser crimes to try to get at the bigger bait. He wasn't able to get the bigger fish because Libby wouldn't flip and so he had to prosecute him as originally charged.

If you tell the guy on the street that you charged with marijuana possession that he can go free whether or not he tells you the name of his dealer, then you're never going to get to anyone but the petty stupid criminals.

So, because his bark has to have bite, Fitzgerald proescutes him for a crime that he did commit is convicted by a jury of his peers, and a judge appointed by Bush sentences him.

Political witch hunt. Totally. Did you read the part about the Democrats in there? Neither did I.

What you say is true but don't leave out that the orginal investigation was born in the congress by Chuck Schumer after undoubtably coordinating with Joe Wilson. You are only assuming that Libby had something to "flip". In the end it all worked out lawfully as Bush commuted him and Libby had to pay a six figure fine. So what's the problem? I don't see it.

ChiefaRoo
07-22-2007, 08:03 PM
This is the kind of thinking that allowed the soldiers to commit attrocities in the names of their leaders throughout history.:rolleyes:

Lets not get carried away. Everyone tells lies and they do it for a lot of different reasons. Some good, some bad. Lets not jump to an extreme and say this lie is equal to a war crime.

Logical
07-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Lets not get carried away. Everyone tells lies and they do it for a lot of different reasons. Some good, some bad. Lets not jump to an extreme and say this lie is equal to a war crime.Since he lied and the investigation could not get any further how can you know it was not equivalent to an atrocity that he was covering?

That is the problem with accepting lies.

banyon
07-22-2007, 08:07 PM
What you say is true but don't leave out that the orginal investigation was born in the congress by Chuck Schumer after undoubtably coordinating with Joe Wilson. You are only assuming that Libby had something to "flip". In the end it all worked out lawfully as Bush commuted him and Libby had to pay a six figure fine. So what's the problem? I don't see it.

If you believe Libby paid a dime of that fine...

<---------------
http://www.coffeeforless.com/images/uploads/evian_water.gif

bkkcoh
07-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Four hours as acting President of the United States and he didn't invade a foriegn nation.

Uncommon restraint for the man..... :clap:

That would have been his chance to bomb Iran.. dangit, what a slacker.

patteeu
07-22-2007, 08:16 PM

:rockon:

Ugly Duck
07-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Libby got convicted of perjury of what I still am not quite sure

Its really easy to find out if you really want to know what he was convicted of:

Libby 'Told a Dumb Lie,' Prosecutor Says in Closing Argument

Libby is charged with five felonies: two counts of lying to FBI agents, two counts of perjuring himself in grand jury testimony and one count of obstructing the federal probe into whether Bush administration officials illegally leaked classified information by disclosing Plame's identity to reporters.

They say Libby lied when he told investigators he learned about Plame from NBC's Tim Russert and passed it along as unconfirmed gossip.

Prosecutor Peter Zeidenberg, summing up the government's evidence, said Libby "absolutely fabricates two conversations that never happened" -- with Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper and NBC's Russert. He said Libby's claim that he didn't remember the conversations was "just not credible" because Cheney considered the matter very important and it commanded much of Libby's time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/20/AR2007022000122_2.html

Adept Havelock
07-23-2007, 10:32 AM

IMO, It's quite clear Roy Rogers never met Dick Cheney. Or Hillary.