PDA

View Full Version : Star Bb Fall Down Go Boom...

TheFly
04-28-2001, 11:28 AM
You are ecstatic!
You are fearful of what lay in wait...
You are salivating for the chance to kick troll butt...
You are taking bets as to when the Queen Bee appears...
You don't care...

Frazod
04-28-2001, 11:51 AM
They may be done now. The site is down, and if they're killing it in three days anyway, would they even bother to fix whatever's wrong?

Don't really care all that much - I've been here from the start.

The one thing I did enjoy - since I don't have to worry about getting banned, I was able to use real cuss words to tell Griswold off. Felt good.

Phobia
04-28-2001, 12:04 PM
I voted "don't care" but only because I couldn't find an appropriate selection that voiced my true opinion.

I'm excited that it's going offline but not because I think it's a disfunctional group - I'm happy because it will increase the numbers on alternate, better operated boards.

Trolls will always be extenguished on this board so that's not a concern. Denise appears to have lightened up somewhat so that's not a concern either.

1punkyQB
04-28-2001, 02:22 PM
Sorry to see it go. A lot of funny and intriguing people posted there, at some point . Hopefully some KCBB HOFers(everyone from KCJ and Denise to Mike Keck and Jason Ernzen) will post here regularly(or continue to, in some cases).

Logical
04-28-2001, 04:01 PM
Tim,

LM A$$ O,

On the Griswold thing, see it is not really hard to bypass sensor software, but still I like the civility inherent in the screening. It makes you decide whether you really want to step over that line or not!

Rausch
04-29-2001, 01:54 AM
Wow....Is there a section for "loyal poster saddened to lose a mainstay of Chiefs talk after investing months to attempt to turn a broken machine around."

I didn't see that option on the poll, but I know of a few who'd have liked to have filled in the circle for it.

TheFly
04-30-2001, 12:18 AM
Well, I guess the old KCBB is toast. There's not even a link on any of the Star's pages indicating it now.

The King is dead. Long live the King!

tommykat
04-30-2001, 12:20 AM
Why all the Polls??? Can't anyone think of something to ask or say without asking everyone?

TheFly
04-30-2001, 12:48 AM
'Cuz I was at work and couldn't be on constantly to read threads, so I posted a poll. This enabled me to get on, check it quickly, and get off.

Besides, I had never tried a poll before and wanted to see how they're done...

;)

jAZ
04-30-2001, 12:49 AM
The polls are a new toy. Just like all of my other toys... I will eventually break it, and have to find something new to play with. :)

Bob Dole
04-30-2001, 06:39 AM
That would have been an excellent poll question, tommykat. :p

TheFly
04-30-2001, 08:44 PM
Well, what a distribution on this poll...

But overall, most folks seem more concerned with what might happen to Chiefsplanet than they are about the demise of the Star BB...

Very interesting stuff...

Zebedee DuBois
04-30-2001, 10:14 PM
Went over to see the pigs today, and that is a pretty nice board.

One feature that I like on this planet, is the forum showing who posted last on a particular thread

RJ
04-30-2001, 10:58 PM
Losing that board makes me feel sort of nostalgic. I haven't posted there much lately but it was the 1st Chiefs site I found when I bought a computer 2+ years ago. Spent many an evening on that board and learned a lot from many people there. Many of whom are on this board now. Sniff, sniff...thanks guys and gals for the memories.

Joe Seahawk
04-30-2001, 11:47 PM
Attention Bulletin Board Users:

In order to concentrate on bringing better services to KansasCity.com, we have discontinued the Bulletin Boards. We will provide an improved message-board service very soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Rausch
04-30-2001, 11:52 PM
So from the sound of it, the star bb will be up and running better than ever later....but not really...

Joe Seahawk
04-30-2001, 11:54 PM
That message I just posted will be on the website in about 10 minutes...

You can still try to sneak the final post..:)
(if you're bored)

Lightning Rod
05-02-2001, 08:12 AM
I will miss it. Like many others it was the first BB that I participated on. Made quite a few acquaintances that I enjoyed talking to. Ran into a guy I had not spoken to since high school there. It helped pass some really long days and a few evenings. For the old timers “Kloster's last stand” Wax vs. Proctor in theological debate, Mike Keck “SECREAT AGENT MAN”,,LOL it brings back some good memories While most of the participants of this board came from there this one was a bit???? Inbred? One-sided? Not sure how to say it but there was a lack of diverseness political views in the beginning. This has changed somewhat lately and I hope it continues to diversify. There are few things I enjoy more than reading and participating in civil intelligent debate. I hope all whom choose to check this site out will be treated with the civility that we so often trumpet as one of the things that makes the planet unique. So I bid ado to the virtual parent of this BB and hope that it’s demise will be a catalyst for the growth of this one.

TheFly
05-02-2001, 01:50 PM
I can never forget Elvis's mom Grweena(sp?) and how she would always talk about her boys! Had me LOL many times!