PDA

View Full Version : Republicans, is Recxjake making you...

trndobrd
07-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Is Recxjake making you lean more or less towards Giuliani? Moderate Democrats can vote too I suppose, but this is more for primary purposes.

Fishpicker
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
less, but I dont think I can be persuaded into liking Giuliani.

jAZ
07-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Jake/Rudy 2008!!!

HolmeZz
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
He makes me hate Rudy more than I would otherwise.

Logical
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I almost selected:

No. The constant threads, silly arguments are so annoying I will never vote for him

but then I realized that would be letting the little shit control me. I really doubt I will vote for Rudy but it won't be due to recxjakes incessant hounding.

CHIEF4EVER
07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
I already can't stand Ruuuuuuuuuuudy. Whether R-jake pimps him or not, there is no chance in hell I vote for him. R-Jake just makes him more annoying.

sportsman1
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Didn't Like Rudy before, not going to like him now.

Brock
07-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't listen to anything Jake says about anything. Six months ago he was talking about what a great president Mitt Romney would be.

sportsman1
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Lol see another I wouldn't vote for.

Ugly Duck
07-25-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm gonna vote for Rudy in the Republican primary cuz I think his nomination would be good for Democrats. Do I get to vote in this poll?

wazu
07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Meh. He really isn't affecting me one way or the other. There is no way I'll vote for Rudy in the primary, but there is a chance I could end up voting for him in the general election.

And UD - I wouldn't be hoping for a Giuliani candidacy if I were you. He's got charisma. He'll score big with the American public, and will bury Hillary.

Ugly Duck
07-25-2007, 12:54 AM
And UD - I wouldn't be hoping for a Giuliani candidacy if I were you. He's got charisma.

Yeah... but he's an immoral womanizing baby-killer. That don't go over so good with the religious nuts that make up the Republicans base. I'll take him in a heartbeat cuz we're bound to see a lot more of this stuff:

"If Rudy were to be nominated as a pro-choice Republican, millions would stay home or vote third party." - Pat Buchannon

In a blistering online column, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson wrote that, should the former New York mayor become the nominee, "I will either cast my ballot for an also-ran — or if worse comes to worst — not vote in a presidential election for the first time in my adult life."

"Many liberal Americans will agree with the social positions espoused by Giuliani. However, I don't believe conservative voters whose support he seeks will be impressed," Dobson said on WorldNetDaily, a conservative news Web site.

A Christian evangelical based in Colorado Springs, Colo., Dobson said he was speaking as a private citizen. However, his words carry considerable weight with the some 7 million listeners of his conservative radio show.

The type of people that listen to Dobson's program the type of conservative voters that make up about of third of the GOP base...and there's no doubt at all that this is a big blow for Rudy...especially coming on the heels of his shaky performance on the abortion issue in recent debates. Not what the folks in Camp Giuliani needed.

http://conservativeoutpost.com/taxonomy/term/34

Radar Chief
07-25-2007, 06:27 AM
I wouldn't listen to anything Jake says about anything. Six months ago he was talking about what a great president Mitt Romney would be.

While there is some comedic value to watching the growing pains of the wonder years, I give zero credibility to anything he posts.

Cochise
07-25-2007, 06:46 AM

Don't forget Newt being the only way Republicans could possibly win.

Brock
07-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah... but he's an immoral womanizing baby-killer. That don't go over so good with the religious nuts that make up the Republicans base.

I think you mean the religious nuts that the republicans use in close elections. Guiliani vs. Hillary isn't going to be a close election.

Ugly Duck
07-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I think you mean the religious nuts that the republicans use in close elections. Guiliani vs. Hillary isn't going to be a close election.

Clinton may be expected to expand her lead, but its still pretty close in the early going. She's only ahead by 6 or 7 points in the latest polls:

USA Today/Gallup Poll. July 6-8, 2007.
Hillary Clinton (D) ....45%
Rudy Giuliani (R) .....39%

Blum & Weprin Associates. July 10-12, 2007.
Hillary Clinton (D) ....40%
Rudy Giuliani (R) .....33%

Brock
07-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Clinton may be expected to expand her lead, but its still pretty close in the early going. She's only ahead by 6 or 7 points in the latest polls:

Howard Dean.

Radar Chief
07-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Howard Dean.

“YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!”

Baby Lee
07-25-2007, 09:03 AM
I support Rudy the most, but that this point I'm so tired of the us-v-them embroglio of the last 15 years that I could care less who's next so long as it isn't Hillary.

And it's not that I 'hate' Hillary. It's that Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton just continues the sickness.

trndobrd
07-25-2007, 09:31 AM
I support Rudy the most, but that this point I'm so tired of the us-v-them embroglio of the last 15 years that I could care less who's next so long as it isn't Hillary.

And it's not that I 'hate' Hillary. It's that Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton just continues the sickness.

Jeb would follow. How old is Chelsea now?

Cochise
07-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Jeb would follow. How old is Chelsea now?

189. But that's only 27 in human years.

patteeu
07-25-2007, 10:30 AM
189. But that's only 27 in human years.

LMAO

Brutal. You're a bad person. :)

Cochise
07-25-2007, 10:55 AM
LMAO

Brutal. You're a bad person. :)

Somebody else would have made a joke, I just got here first.

BucEyedPea
07-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't care for Rudy as a president but he's okay as mayor.

However, I find it very entertaining that older folks are put off by youthful enthusiasm for a specific candidate.

Rex's threads don't bother me.
I kinda like the kid getting involved in all and defending his guy.

Don't like them.
Don't read 'em.

Adept Havelock
07-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't care for Rudy as a president but he's okay as mayor.

However, I find it very entertaining that older folks are put off by youthful enthusiasm for a specific candidate.

Rex's threads don't bother me.
I kinda like the kid getting involved in all and defending his guy.

Don't like them.
Don't read 'em.

I don't think most of us have a problem with him "defending" Rudy in a thread about it.

I think most of us are tired of his incessant cut-and-paste of polls and op-eds (often into non-related DC threads), without bothering to make a contribution himself. That's why some nice poster made a thread just for him and those posts.

However, given his penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth and getting called out on self-contradictions I can see why he chose a posting style that minimized that risk.

recxjake
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM

ahhh... no

I can't stand Mitt Romney

recxjake
07-25-2007, 12:41 PM

Clinton up 2....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html

Brock
07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
ahhh... no

I can't stand Mitt Romney

I'm saddened by the news that Newt Gingrich is not going to run for President (unless last resort he said) so I'm back to the drawing board for supporting a POTUS candidate. Im leaning towards Gov. Mike Huckabee or Mitt Romney... Rudi and McCain will not get my vote....

Oops.

recxjake
07-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Oops.

Yea and they I read up on him... flip flops on everything... I do like Huckabee though... he would be a good VP

Brock
07-25-2007, 01:20 PM
flip flops on everything

Like someone else we know.

Adept Havelock
07-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Yea and they I read up on him... flip flops on everything... I do like Huckabee though... he would be a good VP

Flip flops on everything???

Rudi and McCain will not get my vote....

LMAO

Maybe the kid should stick to cut-and-paste. This is like fishing with depth charges.

Cochise
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
When I was 19 or 20 I thought I knew everything too.

StcChief
07-25-2007, 01:51 PM
The meat election of this hasn't begun

BucEyedPea
07-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't think most of us have a problem with him "defending" Rudy in a thread about it.

I think most of us are tired of his incessant cut-and-paste of polls and op-eds (often into non-related DC threads), without bothering to make a contribution himself. That's why some nice poster made a thread just for him and those posts.

However, given his penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth and getting called out on self-contradictions I can see why he chose a posting style that minimized that risk.
Yet, when others here cut and paste it's okay?
Seems like a double standard:

For example: Radar's thread on Churchhill is a cut and paste.
The Yon article was a cut and paste.

Other than that, I cut youth more slack than I do an adult...or what seems to pass as adults. ( not saying you here...but you know how it get's here at times)

Radar Chief
07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Yet, when others here cut and paste it's okay?
Seems like a double standard:

For example: Radar's thread on Churchhill is a cut and paste.
The Yon article was a cut and paste.

Other than that, I cut youth more slack than I do an adult...or what seems to pass as adults. ( not saying you here...but you know how it get's here at times)

Obsess much?