PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher Stand-up: The Decider

Taco John
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Funny stuff:

Warning... Explicit language.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6pb5YcymL8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6pb5YcymL8

kcfanintitanhell
07-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Watched it on HBO just minutes ago. It was hilarious, thought-provoking, depressing, and angering all in the course of 45 minutes. All at the expense of the neocons.

mlyonsd
07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Maher=Coulter.

dirk digler
07-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Maher=Coulter.

No way Maher is an actual comedian unlike the whore Coulter

Mr. Kotter
07-25-2007, 09:09 PM
No way Maher is an actual comedian unlike the whore Coulter

Interesting take. I don't care for either, really.

Except I do find Coulter at least as funny as Maher....many times. Maher has the edge...but not by as much as you seem to think.

dirk digler
07-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Interesting take. I don't care for either, really.

Except I do find Coulter at least as funny as Maher....many times. Maher has the edge...but not by as much as you seem to think.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't find anything Coulter says or does even remotely funny or entertaining. If she attempted to come across as a comedian it would be different but it doesn't at least not to me anyways.

Dennis Miller is a hard core conservative and he is very funny but Coulter is not even close.

Mr. Kotter
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Different strokes for different folks. I don't find anything Coulter says or does even remotely funny or entertaining. If she attempted to come across as a comedian it would be different but it doesn't at least not to me anyways.

Dennis Miller is a hard core conservative and he is very funny but Coulter is not even close.

It's probably because I don't find Maher nearly as funny as I use too. He's become too ideologically predictable/oriented IMO. I do like Miller though, I'll admit; different strokes, I guess. :shrug:

dirk digler
07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
It's probably because I don't find Maher nearly as funny as I use too. He's become too ideologically predictable/oriented IMO. I do like Miller though, I'll admit; different strokes, I guess. :shrug:

It's because you have become a Republican now... :p

:)

Mr. Kotter
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
It's because you have become a Republican now... :p

:)

I don't think I've changed nearly as much as the party has.

Instead of the party of Carter/Nunn/Clinton/Bradley.....they've become the party of Jesse/Hillary/Kucinich/Dean.

:p

dirk digler
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't think I've changed nearly as much as the party has.

Instead of the party of Carter/Nunn/Clinton/Bradley.....they've become the party of Jesse/Hillary/Kucinich/Dean.

:p

That is probably true. There is alot of whackos on the left. Though I have to admit Kucinich is pretty smart and if he wasn't so far left he might be appealing.

Adept Havelock
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Maybe, but I'm not convinced. He's a bright guy and his epiphany to go fairly hard right happened shortly after the 2000 election, IIRC. I think he just altered his shtick trying to chase the money.

Either way, he's still funny as hell. As is Maher, IMO. As for Ann the Man, I find her too shrill and it's always the same rant. Basically a G. Gordon Liddy Mad Lib....

BucEyedPea
07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Ann the Man? ROFL

I've never heard that before. Hilarious.
It sounds like something she'd say about one of her opponents.

Adept Havelock
07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Ann the Man? ROFL

I've never heard that before. Hilarious.
It sounds like something she'd say about one of her opponents.

Probably. She's shrill, and I'm a pretentious bastard.

I'll consider myself a bit above her though, as I don't try to make a living at it. ;)

wazu
07-25-2007, 10:25 PM
It started out funny, but when he starts saying things like he hates Americans I just tune out. It's like he gets the audience laughing with some really good jokes and digs on Bush, and then he decides that he can say anything and people will keep laughing. But they do, so I guess he must know what he's doing.

He is much funnier than Coulter, though. She has never made me laugh, and isn't nearly as witty.