PDA

View Full Version : 7 officers get career ending punishments for Tillman 'non' coverup

memyselfI
07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Won't bring back their son but hopefully the Tillman's will get some satisfaction out of of SOMETHING FINALLY BEING DONE.

Now if we can get other liars and coverup-ers surrounding the situation in Iraq punished... :hmmm:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3417047&page=1

ABC News has learned that seven Army officers will receive career-ending administrative punishments for mishandling the Pat Tillman case. The Army has decided not to punish three other officers who had been accused of wrongdoing by the Pentagon inspector general.

None of the officers will face criminal charges.

The most severe punishment is planned for Lt. Gen. Philip Kensinger. Kensinger is accused of misleading investigators about when he knew the truth about circumstances surrounding Tillman's death.

Senior defense officials tell ABC that Army Secretary Pete Geren is likely to recommend that Defense Secretary Robert Gates strip Kensinger, a three-star general, of his stars, a move that would reduce Kensinger's pension by approximately $1,000 a month.

Army officials would not confirm the punishments and cautioned that nothing had been finalized.

"No final decisions has been made, but those things are being considered," Army spokesman Col. Dan Baggio told ABC News. Baggio added, "It would be inappropriate for the Army to make any announcements prior to family and congressional notification, which is going to happen next week."

memyselfI
07-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Keith is reporting that AP has breaking that Army doctors blocked an investigation into whether Tillman was murdered...They have emails of the doctors congratulating each other on the lack of criminal investigation.

:shake: :cuss: :rolleyes:

Logical
08-02-2007, 12:44 AM
I just think that only the tip of the iceberg was exposed on this Tillman story. If I was his family I would be outraged.

Programmer
08-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Won't bring back their son but hopefully the Tillman's will get some satisfaction out of of SOMETHING FINALLY BEING DONE.

Now if we can get other liars and coverup-ers surrounding the situation in Iraq punished... :hmmm:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3417047&page=1

ABC News has learned that seven Army officers will receive career-ending administrative punishments for mishandling the Pat Tillman case. The Army has decided not to punish three other officers who had been accused of wrongdoing by the Pentagon inspector general.

None of the officers will face criminal charges.

The most severe punishment is planned for Lt. Gen. Philip Kensinger. Kensinger is accused of misleading investigators about when he knew the truth about circumstances surrounding Tillman's death.

Senior defense officials tell ABC that Army Secretary Pete Geren is likely to recommend that Defense Secretary Robert Gates strip Kensinger, a three-star general, of his stars, a move that would reduce Kensinger's pension by approximately $1,000 a month.

Army officials would not confirm the punishments and cautioned that nothing had been finalized.

"No final decisions has been made, but those things are being considered," Army spokesman Col. Dan Baggio told ABC News. Baggio added, "It would be inappropriate for the Army to make any announcements prior to family and congressional notification, which is going to happen next week."

First of all, the senior defense officials don't know what they are talking about. A General Officer cannot be reduced in rank by the Secretary of Defense. They can be fired, forced to retire or courtsmartialed. The only one of those options that carries penalties of reduced rank would the the courtsmartial.

The base pay for a three star General is $12,801.30, for a two star General it is $11,598.3 and for a one star General the base pay is $10,287.90. Any officer that has attained that rank will surely have over 30 years of service which would take them to the retirement pay package of 75% of their base pay. Stripping all three stars will not reduce their retired pay by $1,000. As an O9 being reduced to an O6 the loss of pay would be $2,824.20 a month. To be reduced from an O9 to an O8 would be a difference in retired pay of $902.25 and to be reduced from an O9 to an O7 would result in a loss of $1885.05.

To have the "stars stripped" would mean that the General would be reduced to a Col. (O6). To be stripped that far the General would certainly be given more than a reduction in grade, he would more than likely lose all benefits.

To me it seems like the ABC guy or the senior defense official didn't give a very accurate accounting of what is possible. The really sad thing is all of the Generals getting kicked down will do nothing for the family and will not return their sons life.

Chief Henry
08-02-2007, 08:06 AM
I new this subhuman life form would show up with a thread like this.

Cochise
08-02-2007, 09:06 AM

Antyime there's a tragedy, she breaks out the champagne.

Duck Dog
08-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Especially since she dogged his ass for becoming a Ranger to fight her terrorist brethren.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Squiggle squiggle, guys.

go bowe
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I new this subhuman life form would show up with a thread like this.subhuman?

i for one, have missed her threads here in d.c. land...

you have to admit that her threads usually generate a lot of discussion...

it's always good to consider different points of view...

and she definitely has a different point of view than almost all the posters here in the d.c. forum... (or in the world, take your pick)

Chief Henry
08-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I cant even spell right....knew

Chief Henry
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
subhuman?

i for one, have missed her threads here in d.c. land...

you have to admit that her threads usually generate a lot of discussion...

it's always good to consider different points of view...

and she definitely has a different point of view than almost all the posters here in the d.c. forum... (or in the world, take your pick)

Its been pleasant to not see her crap on this board. She loathes
the military and has posted every negative story about the military she could get her hands on, or so it seams. My guess most regulars on this board knows her M-O like the back of there hand. To see her post this thread is of no surprise at all. Thats why you see no interest in this thread except for a TINY % ...

go bowe
08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
well, i'm not really tiny...

but i look forward to reading her threads/posts...

she's really not the devil of the internet...

her threads/post's are often thought provoking...

and she's so much fun to kick around, who could replace her?

BIG_DADDY
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
the military and has posted every negative story about the military she could get her hands on, or so it seams. My guess most regulars on this board knows her M-O like the back of there hand. To see her post this thread is of no surprise at all. Thats why you see no interest in this thread except for a TINY % ...

Yep

BIG_DADDY
08-02-2007, 02:29 PM
who could replace her?

Pitt Gorilla
08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
the military and has posted every negative story about the military she could get her hands on, or so it seams. My guess most regulars on this board knows her M-O like the back of there hand. To see her post this thread is of no surprise at all. Thats why you see no interest in this thread except for a TINY % ...I suppose one could focus on the content instead of the poster (like Programmer); I'm pretty sure she didn't write the article.

Adept Havelock
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I suppose one could focus on the content instead of the poster (like Programmer); I'm pretty sure she didn't write the article.

One could, but then one wouldn't be throwing a temper tantrum, would one? That's clearly far more important these days, whichever side of the aisle you find yourself on.

Radar Chief
08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I suppose one could focus on the content instead of the poster (like Programmer); I'm pretty sure she didn't write the article.

Are you really surprised when Denise getís the reaction she was fishing for? She's a troll, that's what trolls do. :shrug:

Radar Chief
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
One could, but then one wouldn't be throwing a temper tantrum, would one? That's clearly far more important these days, whichever side of the aisle you find yourself on.

Iím not sure quite when bitching replaced intelligence and discussion of facts in our society but thatís apparently where we are.

BIG_DADDY
08-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Iím not sure quite when bitching replaced discussion of facts in our society but thatís apparently where we are.

Well there are basically two thing going on here. One is the nature of the Tillman case which is horrific. I think everyone feels the same way about that. There is not really much to discuss other than hoping those involved get what's coming to them.

The second involves the purpose of the post which coming from most any other poster wouldn't be in question. Coming from terroristme however is another issue. Show me the posts where she has done anything but want to promote a hostile attitude aimed at our military and those that serve in it. Where has she praised anything they have ever done? Her attitude was evident even in this post with her us against the military quote:

IMO her intention is not in question with the consistant posting style she has had here. I know we are becoming the PC planet these days but I don't feel her intent should be ignored.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Are you really surprised when Denise getís the reaction she was fishing for? She's a troll, that's what trolls do. :shrug:She posted a news story with less than two lines of commentary on the subject.

Programmer
08-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Sorry guys, I amend my response to be.

Radar Chief
08-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Well there are basically two thing going on here. One is the nature of the Tillman case which is horrific. I think everyone feels the same way about that. There is not really much to discuss other than hoping those involved get what's coming to them.

The second involves the purpose of the post which coming from most any other poster wouldn't be in question. Coming from terroristme however is another issue. Show me the posts where she has done anything but want to promote a hostile attitude aimed at our military and those that serve in it. Where has she praised anything they have ever done? Her attitude was evident even in this post with her us against the military quote:

IMO her intention is not in question with the consistant posting style she has had here. I know we are becoming the PC planet these days but I don't feel her intent should be ignored.

No argument from me. Though I still think people are giving her exactly what she wants with their reactions.

Radar Chief
08-02-2007, 03:30 PM
She posted a news story with less than two lines of commentary on the subject.

That doesnít change a word I posted.

BIG_DADDY
08-02-2007, 03:32 PM
No argument from me. Though I still think people are giving her exactly what she wants with their reactions.

Probably. It's the side effect of not being able to kick her in the box.

Adept Havelock
08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Iím not sure quite when bitching replaced intelligence and discussion of facts in our society but thatís apparently where we are.

Well, if you ask a Dem it started with the Reagan Campaign.

If you ask a Repub, it started with LBJ and JFK.

Which just proves the point.

:banghead:

Chief Henry
08-03-2007, 06:58 AM

I suppose one could say she's one of the most ungrateful females to
have the benefit of living in the USA.

Ultra Peanut
08-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Who the **** are you?

Go to hell.

Chief Henry
08-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Who the **** are you?

Go to hell.

UP, just who the **** are YOU and who gives a rats ass ?

BIG_DADDY
08-03-2007, 09:35 AM
UP, just who the **** are YOU and who gives a rats ass ?

You don't know? He's Ultra Penisless dude, BACK THE **** UP!!!!

Ultra Peanut
08-03-2007, 10:00 AM
UP, just who the **** are YOU and who gives a rats ass ?I'm the coolest person ever, that's who.

You don't know? He's Ultra Penisless dude, BACK THE **** UP!!!!OH I GET IT

Unfortunately, steroids can't give you a decent sense of humor.

HolmeZz
08-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I suppose one could say she's one of the most ungrateful females to
have the benefit of living in the USA.

WE GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO VOTE AND THIS IS HOW THEY RE-PAY US?

BIG_DADDY
08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately, steroids can't give you a decent sense of humor.

You would know, after all you will do more hormones than Barry Bonds in 10 careers.

Talk about hypocracy. You take it to a levels previously unknown.

BIG_DADDY
08-03-2007, 10:43 AM
WE GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO VOTE AND THIS IS HOW THEY RE-PAY US?

I nominate this post for worst spin of the year.

Programmer
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I nominate this post for worst spin of the year.
I'm sure one of these would be appropriate for a member or two.

go bowe
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
UP, just who the **** are YOU and who gives a rats ass ?well, i do...

and if i had a rat's ass, i would give it to you...

Ultra Peanut
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
You would know, after all you will do more hormones than Barry Bonds in 10 careers.

Talk about hypocracy. You take it to a levels previously unknown.I take my hypocracy to a levels previously unknown!

That is brilliant. Thank you.

Logical
08-03-2007, 02:00 PM

To me it seems like the ABC guy or the senior defense official didn't give a very accurate accounting of what is possible. The really sad thing is all of the Generals getting kicked down will do nothing for the family and will not return their sons life.

*Using this stupid logic, putting somebody in Jail for Murder is sad because it will do nothing for the family of the murder victim.

The point is punishment.