PDA

View Full Version : One More Reason That Brownback Should Not Be Allowed To Run For Anything

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2007, 01:52 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/07/brownback-praye.html

Brownback ally/prayer coordinator: Ask God to "supernaturally activate" Iowa straw poll supporters, bring national media coverage

It's no secret that Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback is working hard to do well in the Aug. 11 straw poll for Republican presidential candidates in Ames, Iowa. Some of his supporters are trying to give him an extra boost through "spiritual warfare."

In an e-mail this week, Lonnie Berger -who calls himself a "prayer coordinator" - asks "praying friends of Sam Brownback," among other things, to:

"Pray that God would supernaturally activate the Christians in Iowa to pray and go to the straw poll to vote for Sam. (When Christians vote, our values move forward in the culture war when Christians stay home, the enemy wins.)"

"Pray that God would use this poll to weed out those candidates that would push our country away from the Lord."

"Pray that God would bring Sam to the top and that his campaign would get huge national coverage in the media."

"Pray for the logistics of getting 1000s of Brownback supporters to Ames. Busses will leave from all over the state."

This guy is a nutjob.

SLAG
07-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I was Just going to Write in JESUS when I went to Vote.. but Now I think I just may vote for brownback

Frankie
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I'd vote for any silverback over Brownback.
http://www.stanford.edu/~siegelr/animalz/sfzoo/silverback.jpg

Adept Havelock
07-27-2007, 02:24 PM
"Pray that God would supernaturally activate the Christians in Iowa to pray and go to the straw poll to vote for Sam. (When Christians vote, our values move forward in the culture war when Christians stay home, the enemy wins.)"

Cool! I didn't know I rated as part of "the enemy". When do I get my T-shirt and Decoder ring?

Cochise
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
What's the big deal about asking supporters to pray?

Pitt Gorilla
07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
It's not a bad idea, except when you ask for strange things. They are to pray that God will have others pray and go vote for a particular guy. Perhaps an email would do the job?!?

Adept Havelock
07-27-2007, 02:50 PM

I don't know about the others, but that's not what struck me.

It was what they wanted them to pray for.... "Supernatural Activation". ROFL

Does that mean they need to send a License Key to the big guy in the sky or 30 days later they will be unable to do anything?

Does it mean if the supporter has an organ transplant, they will have to call the Divine Support line to explain it's still the same system they previously activated, just with a few different parts?

Or maybe it's more of a "Wonder Twin powers....ACTIVATE!" kind of thing.

Either way, I think it's funny as hell.

ChiefaRoo
07-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Wondertwin powers ACTIVE!!

Seriously, Brownback lost me when he threw in with the open borders crowd. He also has the Charisma of a rock.

WilliamTheIrish
07-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Tell me you're kidding.

This kind of bullshit is what makes folks think todays conservative(s) and their leaders are the new Heavens Gate Cult members and Brownback is the new Marshall Applewhite.

Brownback is a complete dumb****.

Ultra Peanut
07-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Tell me you're kidding.

This kind of bullshit is what makes folks think todays conservative(s) and their leaders are the new Heavens Gate Cult members and Brownback is the new Marshall Applewhite.

Brownback is a complete dumb****.I just love the fact that this move has won SLAG over.

SLAG
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I just love the fact that this move has won SLAG over.

This isnt the fact that Has won me over- but If People are going to go against him on this issue then I might as well go for him

Other reasons I support Brownback
I like the fact that hes From kansas.. Id Love to have another kan

That he is Catholic (Recent Convert)

That he is Anti-Baby Murder

Do I honestly Think he has a Chance of Winning - No I dont

Maybe I will just stick to my Original Plan of Writing In Jesus

wazu
07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Busses will leave from all over the state."

People will come, Ray.

Pitt Gorilla
07-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Since when does the Kansas vote matter? I lived there for 24 years and it was clear that votes for President didn't matter. Has that changed?

ChiefaRoo
07-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Since when does the Kansas vote matter? I lived there for 24 years and it was clear that votes for President didn't matter. Has that changed?

Well PG. It does matter as it relates to the Senate as all States are equal. Regarding the Presidency. KS will remain Republican however all of the States matter now as the any switch could be the difference.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2007, 06:15 AM
Well PG. It does matter as it relates to the Senate as all States are equal. Regarding the Presidency. KS will remain Republican however all of the States matter now as the any switch could be the difference.You don't get it at all.

Ultra Peanut
07-28-2007, 06:16 AM
I'd vote for any silverback over Brownback.
http://www.stanford.edu/~siegelr/animalz/sfzoo/silverback.jpgSOMEBODY GON GET THEY ASS KICKED
SOMEBODY GON GET THEY WIG SPLIT

Bowser
07-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Just say NO to fundamentalist whackjobs holding office.

SOMEBODY GON GET THEY ASS KICKED
SOMEBODY GON GET THEY WIG SPLIT

LMAO

stevieray
07-28-2007, 08:19 AM
...www.youtube.com/watch?v=8weBUzQleo

Bowser
07-28-2007, 10:01 AM

"The url contained a malformed video id."

Pitt Gorilla
07-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Wow, that was...profound. I honestly don't know what to say, except that completely shifted my entire belief paradigm. Wow.

Logical
07-28-2007, 02:39 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

Not exactly Moses parting the waters, but that would be impressive indeed.

Logical
07-28-2007, 02:43 PM
People will come, Ray.That is good.

Logical
07-28-2007, 02:47 PM
...www.youtube.com/watch?v=8weBUzQleo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8weBUzQleo)

Did the video get changed for this url I see no relevance to this thread?

Dave Lane
07-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Well then I guess he has won because

Jesus said unto them, for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as small as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall move; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

He's in!!

Dave