PDA

View Full Version : Cheney to get new pacemaker battery

DaneMcCloud
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) Vice President Dick Cheney will undergo a minor surgical procedure Saturday to replace the battery in the special pacemaker he has in his chest, a spokeswoman said.

"During the vice president's annual physical examination in June, testing of his implantable cardioverter-defibrillator indicated that the device's battery has reached the level where elective replacement of the device is recommended," Megan McGinn, deputy press secretary for Cheney, said Friday.

She has said doctors must replace the entire device to replace the battery, and that the surgery will be performed at George Washington University Hospital.

I wonder when Skynet will require him to have the chips updated in his positronic brain?

Taco John
07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Freaking Bush!

nomad
07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Doctors should replace it with a peacemaker model.

Cochise
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Those things are pretty amazing these days. They have shrunk down to a miniscule size, and I think they even have some that more or less generate their own electricity. They even fit dogs with pacemakers now.

Hydrae
07-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Hmmm, first Bush and now Cheney? What are they being implanted with and why isn't being offered to the rest of us?

[/conspiracy perspective]

:)

Logical
07-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Well dayuum, I guess this proves he is not heartless.

Bowser
07-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Cheney is of the Undead.

Frankie
07-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Those things are pretty amazing these days. They have shrunk down to a miniscule size, and I think they even have some that more or less generate their own electricity. They even fit dogs with pacemakers now.
I don't know much about (just) pacemakers. But I think they are talking about his defirulator. They include pacemakers and are certainly NOT miniscule. They are about 2" x 3" and feel like you left your cell phone in your shirt pocket.

Frankie
07-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Hmmm, first Bush and now Cheney? What are they being implanted with and why isn't being offered to the rest of us?

[/conspiracy perspective]

:)
Bush? A brain. And they certaily went in the right opening to place it.

Frankie
07-30-2007, 11:01 AM
So for how many days is Duhbya the president?