PDA

View Full Version : 2001 FFL ... who's game?

JOhn
04-30-2001, 08:39 PM
Also still waiting for the following info for
league #1
Cannibal...... Team Name & Email Address

Leage #2
Redhed..........Team Name & Email address
Hoover........Ditto

To get to the league go to the following address:

http://football0.commissioner.com/mp/splash/join-mgmt

Then enter CPBB1 for league #1
or CPBB2 for league #2

Then find your team and enter.

Also If you have not recieved the password for your respective leauge, please email me.

WyomingChief@hotmail.com

League soring INFO:
Passing TDs 6 points each
Passing Interceptions -2 points each
Passing Yards 1 point for every 25 yards
Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points each
Rushing TDs 6 points each
Rushing Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points each
Receiving TDs 6 points each
Receiving Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points each
Fumbles Lost -2 points each
Field Goals 3 points each
Extra Points 1 point each

Total Defensive TDs (inc. ST TDs) 6 points each
Sack 1 point each
Safeties 2 points each
Interceptions 2 points each
Defensive Fumbles Recovered 2 points each

Yards Allowed 0 - 49 yards = 12 points
50 - 99 yards = 10 points
100 - 149 yards = 8 points
150 - 199 yards = 6 points
200 - 249 yards = 4 points
250 - 299 yards = 2 points

Points Against 0 - 6 points = 8 points
7 - 13 points = 6 points
14 - 20 points = 4 points
21 - 27 points = 2 points

Lineups:
Roster Limits
Your rosters must adhere to the following limits:
MIN/MAX
Active Players 10 10
Reserve Players 0 10
Injured Players 0 2
Total Players 10 22
Active Quarterbacks 1 3
Active Runningbacks 2 4
Active Wide Receivers 4 6
Active Tight Ends 1 2
Active Kickers 1 2
Active Defenses 1 2

Hope this looks good to everyone

chiefsfan58
04-30-2001, 08:56 PM
I'm in :D ! Remember last year, Roger is a HUGE cheater. I won the league but then he said that the playoffs don't matter and its the reg. season record, which I stopped checking after the playoffs were over..... And LOL, remember the bogus Eddie George trade, but I ended up giving him back :( I really don't think live would work unless we get real organized, last year's draft took like a week. Yahoo! has pretty good FFL too, but I'd prefer SportsLine over Sandbox. Good luck next year!

JOhn
04-30-2001, 08:59 PM
Hey 58,

Yea I remember. I'm gonna commish one this year, and trust me it will be fair. Also live draft, witha set time, if you no-show, tough, we will draft by census for you. that way we don't drag it out.

Herzig
04-30-2001, 09:03 PM
Count me in..Wish we could all put in a few dollars to make it interesting..but that would be illegal..

KCWolfman
04-30-2001, 09:03 PM
JOhn - Yeah, I was stinging after that bogus trade. But heck, it was my first year and I did rather well. I will be happy to try again.

Thinking of changing my team name to Cannon Fodder after Cannibal finished me off last year.

NaptownChief
04-30-2001, 09:06 PM
I would be glad to jump in and dish out some punishment... :D

JOhn
04-30-2001, 09:07 PM
LOL Russ,

I'll go with Door-matts as I felt that way on sandbox, thou I did make the playoffs in the CBS one.

CanadaKC
04-30-2001, 09:40 PM
I'm in. As long as the draft is close to the beginning of
the season, so we can analyze the results of training camp on the players.

RJ
04-30-2001, 09:52 PM
JOhn, I'm having tons of fun with fantasy baseball right now and would love to try football. Wanted to get in last season but was traveling much for work at the time.

JOhn
04-30-2001, 10:10 PM
Cool guys,

Gonna keep track of everyone, and when season gets close will notify everyone with a leauge name etc...

Gonna try and do a live draft, so long as we can agree on a day.

Sooooo lokking forward to this season. Really enjoy watching anyteam now, as I always seem to have a player playing on whatever game is on.

Thou I can't say wife is as happy :D

sun
04-30-2001, 10:39 PM
im in too..........won my league last year on nfl.com, but didnt get my autograph from paul fagliabue.......what a friggin jerkoff

would love to play with fellow chief fans

Rausch
04-30-2001, 10:40 PM
That is, if yer' not full yet...

JOhn
04-30-2001, 10:46 PM
I believe you can have 3 divisions with 4 teams

West:
JOhn
chiefsfan58
Greg Herzig
KCWolfman

Central
jl80
CanadaKC
rjintx
sun

East
BRAD_CAUDLE
?
?
?

If need be, which I think there will be, we then start a second league, or hopefully they will let us set bigger leagues. not sure but will keep everyone posted.

Rausch
04-30-2001, 10:49 PM
I was in a league with 16 and by round five it was third and fourth string of everything. Sure it requires a greater knowledge, but man, who wants to depend on Todd Collins or Green Bay's third stringer to get points?

Mile High Mania
05-01-2001, 05:43 AM
I would love to join if we did a live draft... I don't think I could deal with a week long draft. What are the rules for this league?

Scoring methods, length of season, playoffs and trades are things I need to know about first, though. I've been commissioner in a league before and I know the pains you go through, John.

I'd say go with cbssportsline for the administering of the league. Also, I would discourage making the league greater than 12 teams.

I think 12 is the magic number....
Three divisions of 4 teams - you play everyone outside of your division once and everyone within your division twice. Playoffs in weeks 13-14...

ExtremeChief
05-01-2001, 05:52 AM
If you still have a slot, I'm in...

We'll see if the Hall of Shamers have a shot this year.

KCTitus
05-01-2001, 05:55 AM
Would love to play if there are spots...it's really too early to talk FFL, IMO, but allways game to play.

A couple of notes, on the drafting situation:

First, You cannot pick the day of the draft in Sandbox. Once the league is filled, the date is predetermined for you by the system.

Second, You have two choices when it comes to the live draft. Slow live draft and Fast live draft and they are WORLDS apart.

Slow live draft gives the team owner up to 24 hours to make a pick if that person isnt set to 'auto' draft based upon his draft queue. If the 24 hour time period expires then a player is drafted by the system off of the persons draft queue or the statistically (best FFL stats) best player available unless that person is already full at that position, then it goes to the next position and drafts the statistically best player.

Fast live draft gives the team owner up to 3 minutes to make a pick. Theoretically, if everyone was on board, this would work ok, but we'd all have to be ready and available and I just dont know if it's possible if we cant pick the date.

Just what I remember from the draft FAQ's from Sandbox last year....I had a lot of time to read them since the guy that was out of town picked right before/after me.

Mile High Mania
05-01-2001, 05:58 AM
If there are teams from last year that want to return, then definitely give them first right of refusal. Just let me know if there's a vacant spot.

As for live draft... I'm out on the 24 hours b/t picks. There has to be a date sometime within 2 weeks of opening day where we can all be on-line for 6 hours. Each year we have two 'face to face' drafts with 12 man teams and they take about 3.5 hours. So, allowing twice that amount of time for on-line drafting shouldn't be bad.

It would be a whip... but, not as bad as a live week long draft.

KCTitus
05-01-2001, 06:01 AM
Brad: It was excruciatingly frustrating to sit there for 8-9, 12 hours and wait for one person to make a pick.

I told myself I would never do that again...I guess time does heal all wounds.

I'm up for fast live since I've got Inet access from pretty much anywhere, but Im probably in the minority on that.

It was fun, when we were all drafting actively.

Mile High Mania
05-01-2001, 06:04 AM
Titus, I agree. I did one of those 24 hr drafts years ago with a site called rotonews or fanball... one of the two. I think I'd rather play crotchball with my hands tied behind my back than do that again.

mlyonsd
05-01-2001, 06:36 AM
I'm in, I'm in, I'm in. (If there is a slot open).

I think I was in what was called the BB1 league last year.

Iowanian
05-01-2001, 07:48 AM
I've always wanted to give it a try...so if there is a spot, I can be the "texans" of this year....

count me in if there is a spot...I may have to autodraft depending on work etc..

Hoover
05-01-2001, 03:10 PM
I'm if if there is room.

Hoover

Iowanian
05-01-2001, 03:14 PM
where is Goose Lake? whats It close to?

Gaz
05-01-2001, 05:06 PM
Count me in if there is room.

xoxo~
Gaz
Entering his sophomore season.

Otter
05-01-2001, 05:11 PM
Count me in.

We had one last year at work. Everybody threw in $20 a head. Guess who won, yours truely of course.

But I'll settle for bragging rights as well.

keg in kc
05-01-2001, 05:16 PM
I'd love to join, but I'm not very good, so everyone could count me as a win every week... ;)

Hank
05-01-2001, 05:28 PM
John -

My youngest son played in the Sandbox last year and finished second, so with his help I might be able to win at least one game IF you should need another player.....

Prefer the auto draft (live takes forever) but I'm amicable to anything.

Hank ~

Raiderhader
05-01-2001, 06:04 PM
I doubt there is room currently, but if you start another league I am interested.

JOhn
05-01-2001, 08:42 PM
Yo Guys, looks like we will be able to have at least 2 if not 3 leagues this year!!! :)

I'm gonna keep a list of everyone, and when Sandbos & CBS get there football sites ready, then we can get going.

I figure since we have so many wanting to play, we can do a random drawing, to assign people to leauges. that way it's fair. Also if we have enought that prefer Auto VS live draft we can have seperate leagues for each.

Hoover
05-01-2001, 10:07 PM
Goose Lake, is near Clinton Iowa on the eastern seaboard of Iowa, just north of Davenport, Iowa. You know Davenport, the largest metro area on the upper Mississippi without a flood wall.

Hoover

How could you not know where Goose Lake is?

Phobia
05-01-2001, 10:11 PM
I'm in!

wutamess
05-02-2001, 06:45 AM
I'm in just tell me where to sign up and when...

Can't wait to open another can of whoop A$$ this year.

JOhn
05-02-2001, 10:26 AM
Looks like we have enough for at least 2 leagues so far....

West:
JOhn
chiefsfan58
Greg Herzig
KCWolfman

Central
jl80
CanadaKC
rjintx
sun

East
BRAD_CAUDLE
MileHigh
ExtremeChief
KcTitus

2nd League
West
Mlyonsd
Iowanian
Hoover
Gaz

Central
Otter
Keg
Hank
Raiderhader

East
Kphobia
Roger
FloridaChief
Redshirt32

2nd leaguefull ... now for a 3rd league. Of course if need be, we can have people in multiple leagues to round them out.

FloridaChief
05-02-2001, 10:31 AM
Count me in if there's still space available!

Always up for a little FF.

redshirt32
05-02-2001, 10:36 AM
Im in if you have room

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2001, 09:10 PM
I'm in if you have room :)

JOhn
05-04-2001, 12:41 AM
HEY Guys,
Like I posted looks to be 3 leagues of 15 people. I'm Assuming several will want to play 2 leagues, as to fill up the 3rd one. Plan on setting up 1 as auto draft and second as a Live draft. 3rd we'll just see what everyone wants.

Probebly do the Live on sandbox, and auto on CBS, unless everyone wants to keep leagues on the same site.

Also just an idea does anyone have the Final rosters for any of the leagues we had last year? Might make it interisting if we used one as a keeper league?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-04-2001, 07:36 AM
OK, this thread is obviously taking on a life of its own, so who am I to pass on all the fun.

However, if possible, I'd like to be in Gaz's league.

Nothing like taking an Engineer down a peg or two :D

Although, he is a Glen Cook fan, so he can't be <b>ALL</b> bad.

Gaz
05-04-2001, 07:39 AM
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan-

Of course, you realize you will get the same treatment that The Limper received?

Engineers=The reason Tech Writers exist at all.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sharpening his knives.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-04-2001, 07:47 AM
Gaz,

I shall look forward to placing a thumping on you.

I see you as one of the young kingdoms and my team as the Dread Empire.... You can pinprick me, but my armies will be unstoppable as we trample your dreams of a league championship under our heel.

(and those people who've never read Cook will have NO clue WTH I'm talking about. ;) )

mlyonsd
05-04-2001, 07:52 AM
Careful what you ask for. Gaz beat me twice last year and cost me a chance at first place.

Sneaky engineers.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-04-2001, 07:56 AM
How dangerous can you be when your weapon of choice is a rolled up set of blueprints :D

Gaz
05-04-2001, 08:23 AM
Don't forget my compass and slide rule.

And a calculator can raise a nasty bump if properly applied upside the cranium.

xoxo~
Gaz
Really has no right to talk smack after his 7-game skid last season.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-04-2001, 08:34 AM
I'd forgotten about those compasses (darn pointy things).

Course, then again, how dangerous can a tech writer be. About the worst I can do in retaliation would be to drop a huge pile of revisions on your foot, or maybe spill coffee on your blueprints.

That, or constantly call you about 3AM asking, "Now, regarding the domafrachit, does the flywheel turn clockwise or counterclockwise?"

--------------------------------

Guesses perhaps Tech Writers aren't really designed for offensive purposes.

ct
05-04-2001, 08:36 AM
Is it too late to get in on this?

redhed
05-04-2001, 08:43 AM
would like to be counted among those who are going to do a lil' FF this season. For a stathead like me, it's almost heav'n!!

JOhn
05-04-2001, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by JOhn
Looks like we have enough for at least 2 leagues so far....

West:
JOhn
chiefsfan58
Greg Herzig
KCWolfman

Central
jl80
CanadaKC
rjintx
sun

East
BRAD_CAUDLE
MileHigh
ExtremeChief
KcTitus

2nd League
West
Mlyonsd
Iowanian
Hoover
Gaz

Central
Otter
Keg
Hank
Raiderhader

East
Kphobia
Roger
FloridaChief
Redshirt32

3rd:
coryt
Redhed

2nd leaguefull ... now for a 3rd league. Of course if need be, we can have people in multiple leagues to round them out.

Coryt, redhed, you been added. MCF, watch it with Gaz, he was a doormatt but he was a sneaky one. :D

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-04-2001, 09:36 AM
JOhn,

I didn't see my name on that roster...

Just an oversight I'm hoping

Cannibal
05-04-2001, 10:54 AM
Put me down for the 3rd league.

JOhn
05-04-2001, 10:57 AM
MCF,
Never bud. Could not forgot you :D

(hoping he buys it )

Must be old age setting in.

Ditto for you Cannibal

BTW guys I hope no one minds me taking it upon myself to get the FFL setup this year.

Just kinda seemed helter-skelter llast year. Besides which I will make sure all is fair :D

JOhn
05-05-2001, 10:11 AM
OK Guys, got the first league up. will be emailing all off you in BB1 with the password to get in.

Currently working on BB2 If any of you are interisted in being in 2 leagues to round out the leagues let me know. For those of you who have numbers by your team name, I believe you can change the name once in your team home page. If not let me know and I can change it for you.

ChiefsPlanetBB1 Teams
Team...............................Division............Owners
12...................................Central.............Kphobia
10...................................Central.............Mlyonsd
9.....................................Central.............Iowanian
Loserville Benchwarmers. Central...........Kyle Geiger
Pooper Scooperz II........Central..............Arash Ferdowsi
14..................................Eastern..............jl80
13..................................Eastern.............coryt
7....................................Eastern.............MileHigh
6....................................Eastern.............chiefsfan58
Lightning Chiefs.............Eastern.............bigdaddychieffan
15...................................Western........... Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11..................................Western............Gaz
8...................................Western.............KcTitus
1...................................Western.............KC Wolfman
Rough Riders................Western.............JOhn

JOhn
05-05-2001, 10:58 AM
For those of you isted in BB1, try and log in to the FFL league site, and Access your teams. Just want to see if I have it working or not.

CBSSPORTLINE.COM

Name is : ChiefsPlanetBB1

League Abbr. CPBB1

keg in kc
05-05-2001, 11:09 AM
John, that logged me in under your name, no sign in, because the link includes your owner #.

This is the link I got via e-mail, which seems to work: http://football.commissioner.com/cpbb1

Gaz
05-05-2001, 11:15 AM
JOhn-

That link let me enter the Commisioner's area. You probably want to delete that link.

xoxo~
Gaz
Added a few wins to his team while he was there.

chiefsfan58
05-05-2001, 11:27 AM
JOhn,

I'm Arash -Pooper Scooperz II. ChiefsFan58 and Arash are the same people! Sorry about the confusion.

JOhn
05-05-2001, 12:09 PM
ok think this is the link you want then:

http://football.commissioner.com/cpbb1

Also are you guys able to change your team names?

If not post on the message board in the League, and I will change them.

Arsh... will delete the extra one, sorry bout that.

Will assign that to someone else.

Will be gone till late tommrow so will check back in then.

Also deleted the password info from this site, so as to keep trolls out. If you did not get it, get with Gaz or Arsh and they can get it to you, or I will tommrow.

FYI I have set it for a live draft, 15 minutes per selection on the 25th of August.

Mile High Mania
05-05-2001, 12:26 PM
Yo quiro... what is the password?

keg in kc
05-05-2001, 12:36 PM
I'm sure we'll get into this later on, but I'd like to recommend we shorten the time per pick by at least 10 minutes. I've been involved in a number of live drafts over the last 5 or 6 years, and IMHO the best ones by far were the ones with @3 minutes/pick. Anything much longer than that and you may looking at a draft that takes more time than most of us have...

Rausch
05-05-2001, 01:46 PM
I haven't been able to really even use this site for about two days now. I'll post something, then it takes over ten minutes just to return to the forum...SLOW....I've missed this thread and hope I haven't been removed from consideration for a team.

Definitely three minutes a pick, and if someone can't make it, email your preferences, in order, by round, so someone else (hopefully, an honest soul) can pick FOR you...

Worde out ok for me in the past..

Rausch
05-05-2001, 01:47 PM
Damn....nevermind......

Rausch
05-05-2001, 01:49 PM
OK, as I get to reading through, it appears I'm in League 2...cool...now, since i've been absent, is it too late to still get this all together? Any willing to email info?

caudlefixit@home.com

Thanks! :-)#

Hank
05-05-2001, 06:20 PM
Like Brad, I had trouble getting in as well, but I see that I'm in league 2 so I'm a little lost and confused at the moment as to passwords, logging in, etc., but I suppose that info will be forthcoming???

Hank~

JOhn
05-05-2001, 11:00 PM
Just a quick update...

EVERYONE, who wants to be in FFL will get in. We have 2 full leagues so far, but I'm sure we will end up with at least 3.

As for the draft we can change that to a shorter time, and you can have someone pick for you, or use a bot to do it. (will explain it further closer to time)

Now as of this time only CPBB1 (league #1) is set up.
Going to get all the bugs and such out, prior to setting up the last 2. All those listed in League 1, wich was posted about 10 posts prior, should have the password. If not let me know.

Please be patient as I'm working on it.

Any requests can be mailed to me at:

WyomingChief@hotmail.com

Hank
05-06-2001, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the update John...
without the bugs, League 2 should Rule! LOL.

Hank~

ct
05-07-2001, 10:16 AM
I see you have me entered into BB1, thanks.
I've followed the link you posted, and see may name
in the dropdown, but I do not have a password to use.
Little help here?!?

ct
sent you an e-mail as well

ct
05-07-2001, 12:45 PM
How the hell do I change my team name?
I got the logo ok, but obviously I'm missing something. where do I edit the 13 outa there?

ct

Mile High Mania
05-07-2001, 12:53 PM
Ummmm, did I miss the password?

Iowanian
05-07-2001, 01:12 PM
I'm having the same problem as Cory,
Please change my team name from "9" to
"Savage Midget Carnivours"

-In honor of all unpc, beer drinking, oppressing, infadels.

keg in kc
05-07-2001, 01:20 PM
I was wondering how many people would take the beer stein as logo. ;)

Two and counting...

Iowanian
05-07-2001, 01:32 PM
keg,

I may change mine at a later date.2 beer steins is unoriginal on my part...maybe something for our friends at PETA.

-maybe an Indian Midget eating a pork burger on a bull at a Gay Rodeo...am I leaving anyone out?

ct
05-07-2001, 02:51 PM
Make that a female Indian midget...wearing a fur coat!

That may do it...

HC_Chief
05-07-2001, 02:59 PM
Someone say 'midgets'?

(shamelessly pimping sig pic) ;)

LapDog
05-07-2001, 03:02 PM
HC -

You're such a whore!

bigdaddychieffan
05-07-2001, 03:09 PM
Hey WyomingChief,

Thanks for getting me set up in the FFL League. I am looking forward to winning. :) I just hope that I do pretty good. I have never done a fantasy football league before, but I think I know enough about the players in the league to do ok.

ct
05-07-2001, 03:17 PM
Now it won't let me change my team logo!! What gives?

HC_Chief
05-07-2001, 03:20 PM
nah man, I'm a PIMP :D

(FYI, I'd rather be a whore than a rich, facist nazi racist bigot, baby eater!) :p

tee hee

JOhn
05-07-2001, 04:17 PM
Iowanian,
Changed your name.

Coryt,
Not sure why u can't change your logo, but will check into it. What name do you want?

Not sure why this year its making name changes part of the commish's duties. But have sent an Iquiry to them to find out.

MHM,
I'll send you password as a smoke signal. If you don't get it Email me at:

WyomingChief@hotmail.com

Anyone else listed in CPBB1 who doesn't have the password let me know. Also let me know what name you want for your team. FYI I have reset the draft to 5 minutes.

below is the official list For CPBB1:

12.........................................Kphobia
10.........................................Mlyonsd
Loserville Benchwarmers......Kyle G.
Pooper Scooperz II................Arash Ferdowsi
Savage Midget Carnivours.....Iowanian
14..........................................jl80
13..........................................coryt
7............................................MileHigh
6............................................Cannibal
Lightning Chiefs.....................bigdaddy chieffan
15..........................................Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
8............................................KcTitus
1............................................KC Wolfman
ENGINEERS............................Gaz
Rough Riders.........................JOhn

HC_Chief
05-07-2001, 04:20 PM
JOhn - count me in buddy! :)

Hardcore's Hoes :)

JOhn
05-07-2001, 04:28 PM
HC,

Think I have you listed in League 2, but not to worry I won't forget you..

HC_Chief
05-07-2001, 05:12 PM
kewl

I've not registered for this league (until now that is) - I was in the pix Yahoo league last year, but not FFL

If you have a site/registration, post it here please :)

Mile High Mania
05-07-2001, 06:44 PM
How appropriate... I am team #7. Ahhhhhh, I'm going to rock this league.

Otter
05-07-2001, 06:46 PM
John,

Don't forget to get me in. I emailed you as well.

I would like my team to be named "The Beer Farts".

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-07-2001, 06:50 PM
Brad,

Of course that's appropriate, that's about where you're going to finish :D

(starting the smak early)

KCTitus
05-07-2001, 06:59 PM
John: I dont have the password, and could you rename my team to the DC Jookies?

Thanks...

HC_Chief
05-08-2001, 11:07 AM
LOL@ otter & M_C_F! :D

ct
05-08-2001, 04:00 PM
The logo is changed now John, not sure why it wouldn't let me yesterday. I uploaded a logo, which didn't look very good. I edited and reloaded, but it wouldn't change, yet I could change to one of thier logos and change back to uploaded version, but still was stuck with the original. But, that's ok now.

If you would, please rename my team to Purple Haze, since I still can't do this part.

Thanks!

ct

Rausch
05-08-2001, 04:30 PM
This BRAD plans on taking at least second. First if it comes down ta' me an' a Raider fan!

:-)#

CanadaKC
05-08-2001, 06:24 PM
John...went onto the FFL site...couldn't put CanadaKC in there (couldn't figure it out). E-mailed you as well.
HELP!

Dartgod
05-08-2001, 09:19 PM
Count me in if you form a 3rd league.

JOhn
05-08-2001, 11:09 PM
Hey Guys.

talked to Tech Support. Going tru the commish service, I have to input owners names and Team Names. Kinda of a pain, but it also enables me to set the league up as we want it, not as they do. ie, i can set any limit to players on teams, ect..ect. So I guess it is worth the extra hassle.

As for scoring I'm going with a stanard system, unless anyone wants something specific.

Also all of you who have sent me team names, I will get them changed tommrow. Also I have put a complete listing of League #1 on the FFL portion of CHIEFS PLANET. As soon as I get #2 & #3 ready I will post them on seperate threads.

BRAD,
got your email, your right it is a bit of a pain, but I enjoy it.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-09-2001, 09:23 AM
I e-mailed you with my "e-mail" so you could send me all the pertinent info (passwords, etc.). However, I have yet to hear from you. Therefore, I am willing to assume that my e-mail never reached you.

If you could drop me a line at rwhite@masakishrine.com (my other e-mail address) and I'll get started trying to put a team together.

Brad C. --- I was talking to Brad E (aka MileHighMania), but I'll be more than willing to throw a little smak with you a little closer to the season. I'd be happy for you to take second... to me ;)

putting on the FFL smak gloves early :D

CanadaKC
05-09-2001, 10:20 AM
Hey John...thanks again (on behalf of all of us) for setting up a FFL for the regs on this BB. It's obvious we are all excited! Here's my info again, although you probably have it already...

e-mail: numeezak@home.com
Owner: CanadaKC
Team name: Crunk

JOhn
05-09-2001, 11:38 AM
On the FFL Portion of ChiefsPlanet, I have posted a new thread for League #2.
Everyone in that league is listed, along with the info I need from everyone. the League IS NOT open yet, so don't try to access it yet. It should be up by tommrow morning (thursday).

Also for league #1 I need the following Owners to send me there team names.

Kphobia
jl80
MileHigh
Cannibal

Thanks for your patients guys :D

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-09-2001, 12:08 PM
JOhn,

Put me down as the Chesapeake Bay Chiefs.

mlyonsd
05-09-2001, 12:18 PM
JOhn,

Put my team name down as

Lyon's LagerHeads

HC_Chief
05-09-2001, 02:27 PM
JOhn - did not see my team in the FFL forum. I sent you an email (this board is difficult to track at times) ;)

JOhn
05-09-2001, 05:41 PM
HC,

Sorry, missed your post. But not to fear Got you on the list. After I get evryone settled on the first 2 leagues, I'm sure we will have enough for a 3rd. If not, I will Give you my team in the 2nd league prior to the draft.

But not to fear I Havn't forgot you.

HC_Chief
05-09-2001, 05:51 PM
Gosh you're swell! :p

Looking forward to the draft. It's been several years since I participated in a FFL players' league! :)

JOhn
05-10-2001, 01:09 AM
Hey guys,

Just about done with 1 & 2

Again incase anyone missed it, there are threads on the FFL board for both leagues.

League #1
Kphobia
jl80
MileHigh
Cannibal
Need your guys team names. Also everyone make sure you have an email address listed in your owners info, so you can recieve any league news. or send it to me so I can enter it. Draft is set as Live draft, with 5 minute time limit.

League #2
Any of you who have not sent me an email, please do so I can send you the password. Might go ahead and include your Team name also.

Thanks

ct
05-10-2001, 09:53 AM
Anybody know when I can get in and start building my player list? If I remember right without searching back through this whole thread, the draft was set on Aug 25th, right?

That's a Saturday, and I will not be on line over the weekend. So, if I'm gonna be in this league, I have no choice but to automate, as much as I hate to.

Somebody help me out please?

ct
besides, i just had to have #100 :)

JOhn
05-10-2001, 11:17 AM
I set it to the 25th, which is a saturday.
Now I just did that to put a date in. As for me, I really have no preferance other that evenings after 4:30pm or anytime on the weekend. We can come to a consensus when we get closer. I can go for a weekday during the day if we decide to, just need advance notice, to arrange me schedule.

League #2 is up, And I will be sending out passwords to those who's address I have.

Gaz
05-10-2001, 12:16 PM
Let us pause for a moment and issue a hearty THANK YOU to JOhn for all his work that we may play.

xoxo~
Gaz
Glad he is not the Commissioner.

keg in kc
05-10-2001, 01:00 PM
I second that! Thank you JOhn.

I've been a commissioner in the past, and lemme tell you it is no fun sometimes...

ct
05-10-2001, 02:00 PM
Gaz, you're a brown noser!!!

And also, THANK YOU joHN!!! Very much appreciate the hard work already logged, and that which is yet to come.

I'll throw it out there now, that I'd much prefer to at least START the draft during a weekday. At least this way I could go live draft for the first few rounds, then flip the switch for auto when I have to. My draft philosophy has always placed special consideration to the mid rounds. Grabbing quality depth(including #2 RB/WR & #3 WR who are starters) is what distinguishes the playas from the chumps. I have little faith I'd be able to set a static 'ranking list' to accomplish this, so I'd better be damn sure to get some top-flight studs in the first 4-5 rounds.

My reasoning is selfish, I admit. But I don't get on-line over the weekend or evenings. After spending all day hacking code, and occasionally surfing my favorite BB (or maybe vice versa ;) ), I really have no desire, nor the time to get on 'after-hours'.

I'll add that if I'm out-voted on this, you'll hear no whining. I want to participate, one way or the other. Only putting in my2c.

Anyway, I've already looked into the ranking lists, which are available to start work on right now. But I need to know more about the scoring system. Where can I get this info?

ct
certifiable ffl junkie(loser?)

wutamess
05-10-2001, 03:33 PM
JOhn did you get my smoke signal I sent you?

Roger Garrett
Fantasy Football's Whoop A$$ Can Opener
(FFWACO)
oct376@yahoo.com

Email me to let me know the draft time.

ExtremeChief
05-10-2001, 03:56 PM
John,

I've sent you a couple of emails, but knowing my ISP, you probably never got them.

team name: "This Team Sucks"

my email is dms_extreme@hotmail.com or
van@nemr.net

thanks again...

JOhn
05-10-2001, 10:58 PM
Coryt,
You can access the rules at the bottom of the league Page. It also gives you the roster limits and such.

Also Still working on the draft. For some reason, it only shows 6 teams drafting, so I need to contact there support to find out whats wrong.

JOhn
05-11-2001, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys, I appriciate the support. Gaz, your check is in the mail :D

Also Have updated the FFL threads on FFL portion of the BB. Still needing a little info.

JOhn
05-14-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by HC_Chief
JOhn - did not see my team in the FFL forum. I sent you an email (this board is difficult to track at times) ;)

HC_Chief you've been added to league #1. Had one person drop out due to other commitments.

I will email you the password. I also need to know your team name so I can enter it in.

Anyone else that was wanting in that I missed?

(complete listing of owners etc, on the FFL forum)

kcmax
05-14-2001, 08:24 PM
id like to jump in if it is not too late
kcmax@hotmail.com
thanx

JOhn
05-15-2001, 10:36 AM
Just updated info on thread starter post. to the top.

Also Has anyone bothered to check the Draft area?
Very cool, uses Java script, when we draft so every one can see whats going on etc....very cool!

ct
05-15-2001, 10:41 AM
I've looked at the draft stuff a little. Mostly the player ranking stuff. I'm behind a firewall, so I'm hoping the Java will come through OK, otherwise I'll just use the HTML and F5. That is IF I'm available for live draft..still hopefule we can work that out.

John, any info on scoring system? I would like to start ranking my player list, just don't want to start without more info.

ct

JOhn
05-15-2001, 10:50 AM
If you Click "RULES" at the bottom of the league info page, it will bring up the scoring info. Went with the default setting, unless someone has any preferances.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-15-2001, 11:03 AM
Don't be too weirded out to see a Joe Smith registered in this league.

I didn't particularly want to give CBS any more info than I had too, so I gave them my screen alias and mailing address that I use to see where my spam mail is coming from.

You've got my proper information on the e-mail I sent you earlier to get the passwords.

JOhn
05-15-2001, 09:37 PM

CanadaKC
05-15-2001, 11:02 PM
John...great set up on the sportsline FFL site. Thanks again!!!
QB's getting 6 points per TD throw makes pivots absolutely valuable, but the minus-2 for INT's evens the playing field a bit.
Going to Greece in two days for three weeks...talk to y'all when
I get back!!!

CanadaKC

Rausch
05-16-2001, 01:48 AM
:confused:

I don't know how ta' change my team name????

Well, or anything fer' that matter...

:rolleyes:

JOhn
05-16-2001, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE

I don't know how ta' change my team name????

Well, or anything fer' that matter...

Brad, Only the commish (me) can change team names, hence my email :D Let me know what name you want. You can edit your logo, using the OPTIONS button, on the left side, last one.

Also you can go into draft prep and get your players ranked and such. That way if you miss the live draft, you can still choice your players.

hope that helps

Rausch
05-16-2001, 03:02 AM
Did ya' get my team name?

JOhn
05-16-2001, 09:36 AM
Yup Brad gotcha :)

So whats everyone think of the scoring system?

keg in kc
05-16-2001, 02:44 PM
JOhn, a little nit-picking about the scoring:

I'd advise dropping the bonuses (i.e. for long TD, long FG) to 1,2 and 3 if you can. 4 and 6 points is an awful lot and I'm not a big fan of 12 point TDs (max of 9 is enough) pr 9 point FGs (6 is enough).

It's a minor point, but I'd probably change to 5 points for 350 passing and 150 rushing/receiving instead of 300/100. Big bonus for an exceptional day and it'll be harder to get. Too many QBs throwing 300 yard games nowadays, so make it tougher...

On defense, in the points against section, teams can get 2 points even though they give up 27 and 4 if they give up 20. I'd probably make it more like 6 points for 0-6, 4 for 7-13 and 2 for 14-20. A defense giving up 21+ points isn't something that should be rewarded IMHO.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know...:cool:

HC_Chief
05-16-2001, 02:59 PM
JOhn - my team name is correct. :)

Question: when is the draft?

redshirt32
05-16-2001, 04:46 PM
John
read your e-mail i need the pass word for cpbb2

JOhn
05-16-2001, 05:33 PM
RedShirt, Just emailed you with password :)

HC, glad to know I got something right..DOH!!!!
Draft for BB1 is possiably the 25th of August at 10am (sat) But thinking of moving it to early evening on the 24th (fri) say around 4:30 or 5pm. That way those who post from work can at least get a few rounds in. But will wait closer to make a final decision. Just depends on what the majority want. Of course the draft prep section really alows you to get a good setup in case you are not able to draft live.

Keg,
Yea now that i look at it, your right. I like the score based on performance, but I think I will par it down a little. Will probely work on it later tonight.

Rausch
05-17-2001, 04:07 AM
I agree that distance gaining you extra points is kind of nit picky....

My league just goes by 1 pt every 20 yrds passing, all td's are 6...If ya' get a longer td you're rewarded by the extra points on the yardage. But then again, this is only because I do it myself, by hand, and not a puter online doing it for me.

Which is starting to seem like the wise way ta' go!
:D

Only not all in my league have a comp, so there lies the complication...

wutamess
05-17-2001, 07:19 AM
Someone email me the password to CPBB2

oct376@yahoo.com

Apperantly JOhn didn't get it to me somehow.

JOhn
05-17-2001, 11:23 AM
OK I changed the scoring system. Might tweak it a bit, but it's basicly set. Look ok?

Also How about the roster Limits , they look good?

JOhn
05-17-2001, 11:27 AM
Roger I resent you the password to BB2.

Also if anyone see's the poster I have listed above, let them know that I need there info.

And I know I'll regret asking this, but is anyone wanting to be in 2 leauges? Thought of making a 3rd for us die hard addicts. Maybe include salary cap restrictions with it?

just a thought

wutamess
05-17-2001, 11:35 AM
Count me in.

FFL Addict anonymous member.

Whoop *** Can Opener II
(WACO II)

JOhn
05-17-2001, 11:39 AM
Somehow I knew you would Roger.

CBS has a option in the commish area to set up a league with salary caps etc. Thought it might be fun (or not) to try it that way.
If I do, I will probely have to have a co-Commish, depending on how complicated it is. But If I do go for a third it won't be for awhile, say late early july or so.

BTW did you get password?

ct
05-17-2001, 11:42 AM
Looks pretty good JOhn. I agree the 100/300 yd bonus is overkill, given you already award yardage bonus in increments.

One point I'll make, though. I've never liked safeties valued equally as TOs. In essence, a safety IS a turnover + 2 pts!! IMO, safeties should be double TOs in point value. They happen very infrequently, however, so I can live with it.

One more nudge on the draft date/time. I see you're considering starting on a Friday afternoon, which would be fantastic for me. But 30 minutes won't buy me much before I head home @5pm. How about 2 or 3pm, if we go this route? We could possibly get through 4 or 5 rounds by 5, if we're lucky.

mlyonsd
05-17-2001, 11:43 AM
Sorry JOhn, I don't get on here much anymore.

Unfortunately my company has installed a sniffer and the fantasy league URL is considered a game. I'll have to try and log on from home.

My email is mlyon_sd@yahoo.com.

JOhn
05-17-2001, 11:53 AM
Mlysond Sent you the password.

Coryt, We'll wait till a little closer to make final decision. But keep this in mind It'll take approx 75 minutes per round. Thus we can get in several rounds if we start by 3pm. BUT soome off us who do not have access from work, would have to leave early or so, as you might have to stay late?

I can get the day off, but worried that those who can't would miss to much. Just depends on how many we have in each situation.

As for the safeties I will consider that, and add it if no one objects. Like I posted early in this thread, I want to make this fun for everyone, and not be heavy handed. SO whatever the majority wants they get. :D

JOhn
05-18-2001, 09:23 AM
Coryt,
Changed the Safety to 3 points. Mainly as a comprimise. As not always is there a fumble involved. Besides which I think that a safety is a real +, more so than is reflected by the actual points involved.

JOhn
05-23-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by JOhn
Also still waiting for the following info for
league #1
Cannibal...... Team Name & Email Address

Leage #2
Redhed..........Team Name & Email address
Hoover........Ditto

Just bringing it back, so these 3 can get me the info.....

DaKCMan AP
05-23-2001, 04:15 PM
I'm a FF addict...if any teams are still open please send any info.

dakcman@aol.com

KCFUL
05-23-2001, 05:53 PM
if there is opening in one of the leagues. email me. thanks

goal1@netdoor.com