PDA

View Full Version : Fred's funds raise fear of flop

recxjake
07-30-2007, 04:28 PM

jAZ
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
With Rudy and Fred looking bad, Newt's opening is here.

BucEyedPea
07-30-2007, 08:51 PM
The barely hanging on candidates, spent all their money like drunken congressmen! ROFL Paul's holding on to his funds like a true fiscal conservative, relying on grass roots operatives more and will use his money at a more critical moment.

Don't let Romney money woes fool ya'! or his national polls either. It will be a state thing. I read he's able to kick in more of his own money, millions as he's done before. I read when Kerry was down in Iowa, he pumped $6 million more into Iowa, was able to flood Iowa with ads and came from behind. His turnaround was slow and unnoticed. Plus Romney is concentrating more on the first several key states.

Fishpicker
07-30-2007, 09:45 PM
The biggest problem I see w/ Thompson waiting for so long to get in is that Q3 and Q4 are not fundraising Q's... they are supposed to be used to campaign and burn through the cash that you raised in previous Q's.... he is going to have to raise $$ while the other candidates are out working for the votes.

hey, that made sense... you should author more posts like this.

dirk digler
07-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Romney has already donated 9 million of his own money into his cause. He is doing well in Iowa and New Hampshire... but is hurting everywhere else.

Romney = Howard Dean
F. Thompson = Wes Clark

I was watching Meet the Press on Sunday and the panel said Romney is going to win Iowa and NH and he will probably be the nominee if that happens because he will have the momentum going into South Carolina.

I totally agree with your assessment of F. Thompson. I don't think he has much of a chance anymore.

So sad for Kotter.

BucEyedPea
07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
No, the second tiers never had any money to spend......
None at all?

Romney has already donated 9 million of his own money into his cause. He is doing well in Iowa and New Hampshire... but is hurting everywhere else.

Interesting.

I still read they he could put a lot more of his own money in though to try to fix it as he was prepared to spend all he needed to win it. Maybe, he would do that and still not get anywhere.

BucEyedPea
07-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I read about Fred's staffing problems over at the Washington Post.
I also read that his wife is taking most of the work on because....per the article, anyway....Fred is supposed to be lazy. Then again, he's old.
Allegedly, his wife is po'ing a lot of the others on this staff. She supposed to be a smart savvy political operator.

dirk digler
07-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Rudy's plan was to place in Iowa and NH and go after the big Feb 5 states, like Cali, NY, NJ etc... however the way things have played out he is now putting a lot more empahsis on on Iowa and NH. He just released his first radio ads in both states, and a huge mass mailing.....

He is leading in S. Carolina, Florida, Cali, NY and and NJ, IL..... but none of this matters if he doesnt do well in Iowa and NH... if he wins Iowa, it is over.

He is going to have to win Iowa because he is probably not going to win NH. If he doesn't win Iowa he is in trouble.

StcChief
07-31-2007, 08:34 AM
and why does Iowa/NH/SC matter they have so little electoral vote and population? I don't get it.

trndobrd
08-02-2007, 02:21 PM
The biggest problem I see w/ Thompson waiting for so long to get in is that Q3 and Q4 are not fundraising Q's... they are supposed to be used to campaign and burn through the cash that you raised in previous Q's.... he is going to have to raise $$ while the other candidates are out working for the votes.

That truism is correct only because core supporters are usually maxed by the the 3rd. Thompson doesn't have that issue and will have plenty of money once he announces.

BucEyedPea
08-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I really have to wonder though. :hmmm:
Won't the people just be plain sick of everyone by the time they vote?
Things started awefully early.

trndobrd
08-02-2007, 04:23 PM
He already has announced... basically... he's been on all the tv shows... on Hannity and Colmes, etc etc

Any big bounce isn't going to happen.... Speculation began that he was going to run in April... it is now August... and he's not going to announce now until September....

I think it was a terrible mistake. He missed a huge opportunity to get in the race when McCain was suffering big time. He has had 4 staffers resign, his wife is running the show, and his $$ totals aren't very good.

Keep telling yourself that. Those number don't include July.

penchief
08-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Good. This is not the season for pretenders. And that includes Rudy (the right-wing's answer to Slick Willie).

There are no real republican contenders. Not only have the last dozen years proven that the party has been hijacked by extremists, there is no one in that party (other than Paul) to repudiate the madness.

The republican party's base talking points are getting stale and that's not good news. Once you scratch at the scab you've run your course. That's where the republican party is. They've utilized every PR trick in the book to scam a trusting American public in order to implement a self-serving agenda. And I believe the time is nearing for them to pay the piper.

God, I can only hope so for the sake of freedom loving people everywhere.

Adept Havelock
08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Good. This is not the season for pretenders. And that includes Rudy (the right-wing's answer to Slick Willie).

:hmmm:

You may just be right about that.

I would say "version of", instead of "answer to". :shrug:

penchief
08-02-2007, 05:04 PM
:hmmm:

You may just be right about that.

I would say "version of", instead of "answer to". :shrug:

You are astute to make that distinction and I agree. I was shooting from the hip at the time and had I been more thoughtful with my words I might have chosen your words.

On the other hand, 'version' might more aptly describe a near replica, while 'answer' might more aptly describe a cheap imitation using a similar formula (which is how I view Rudy).

recxjake
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Those number don't include July.

Insiders are saying he raised 1.5 in July

recxjake
08-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Giuliani Extends Lead in National NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll

By Kristin Jensen

Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani. Aug. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani's bid for the White House is gaining support, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

Matched with other Republicans, Giuliani won the backing of 33 percent of respondents in the survey, compared with 20 percent for former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson, who hasn't declared his candidacy, and 17 percent for Arizona Senator John McCain. Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney drew 11 percent support in the July 27-30 poll.

Giuliani's lead over Thompson increased to 13 points from 9 points in a June NBC/Journal survey. Even so, Giuliani would lose to Democrat Hillary Clinton by a margin of 41 percent to 47 percent if a general election were held today, the poll said.

Clinton, a New York senator, has also increased her lead among Democrats, garnering the support of 43 percent of those surveyed, compared with 22 percent for Illinois Senator Barack Obama and 13 percent for former North Carolina Senator John Edwards, the poll found. Clinton's lead over Obama was 14 points in June.

The survey of 1,005 adults had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aSwulbRwqdEA#

penchief
08-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Insiders are saying he raised 1.5 in July

I can only hope that Rudy is the republican candidate. Because by the time the general election is here most of the country will be sicker of him than they are of Hillary or Bill. That's how much of a stinker he is.

penchief
08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Me 2... the new Rass poll has him up 1 on Hillary

Good.

Like I said, this country doesn't know him like New York does. He's far more attractive from afar than he is close up. He's a very flawed candidate who has yet to be exposed. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm no Hillary supporter but, one-on-one, she'll kick his ass both popularly and substantively.