PDA

View Full Version : Dem. Majority Whip James Clyburn - Congressman what if the report is positive?

ChiefaRoo
08-01-2007, 12:35 AM
This is your Democractic Party Guys. How do you explain yourselves? Whose side are you guys on? FYI he said this within the last two weeks. If we're all Americans why aren't we rallying for the defeat of the bad guys? Explain yourselves.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vlr3gG8q0nw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vlr3gG8q0nw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

HolmeZz
08-01-2007, 12:56 AM
It's a good thing the video wasn't cut off or anything. I'd hate not to hear everything he actually said.

CHIEF4EVER
08-01-2007, 01:03 AM
It's a good thing the video wasn't cut off or anything. I'd hate to hear everything he actually said.

LMAO Nice.

ChiefaRoo
08-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Spin it any way you want. He said it.

I'm sure you tube has a longer version. The fact is the Dem's are invested politically in defeat in Iraq. They've sold us all out.

HolmeZz
08-01-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm sure you tube has a longer version.

Then why didn't you look for it?

Fishpicker
08-01-2007, 01:36 AM

I'm sure you tube has a longer version. The fact is the Dem's are invested politically in defeat in Iraq. They've sold us all out.

he said what? the title of the thread seems to attribute clyburn with "...if the report is positive?"

ChiefaRoo
08-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Here's the Washington Post article with the complete interview and article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/30/AR2007073001380.html

Fishpicker
08-01-2007, 02:11 AM
"People feel good about the Democratic Party, they just don't feel real good about the Congress itself."

:shake:

Adept Havelock
08-01-2007, 09:58 AM
The fact is the Dem's are invested politically in defeat in Iraq. They've sold us all out.

And the Dolchsto▀legende v2.0 begins.

I'm certainly no Dem, but that's as nutty a post as you've ever made.

The Stab-in-the-back myth (German: Dolchsto▀legende, literally "Dagger stab legend") refers to a social myth and persecution-propaganda theory popular in Germany in the period after World War I through World War II. It attributed Germany's defeat to a number of domestic factors instead of failed militarist geostrategy. Most notably, the theory proclaimed that the public had failed to respond to its "patriotic calling" at the most crucial of times and some had even intentionally "sabotaged the war effort."

Same song, different singers. JMO

For the record, I'm not calling you a nazi. Not even of the soup variety.

StcChief
08-01-2007, 10:06 AM

Only if you let them. I Never have been sold out by Dems.
call BS every step of the way.

Will be interesting over next few months.

BucEyedPea
08-01-2007, 10:24 AM
If this is true, even if only moderately, then I'd be willing to hold off withdrawal for a short while longer...but only long enough (reasonable period not forever) for it to allow a political solution because without that it just won't happen.

There's is no miltary solution alone to what ails Iraq. I still say, it depends on what one considers a loss in Iraq. I say we accomplished what we wanted already. A civil war inside is a separate matter. That has to be fought by the people there. They have to handle their own problems even if it comes to blows. We had our civil war. Let 'em have theirs.

In the meantime the Sunni Arab Bloc has quit the Iraqi govt and the Iraqi premier faces a revolt within his party.

No Military Solution per top military advisor (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070731/wl_mideast_afp/usiraqmilitary_070731184200)

StcChief
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
If this is true, even if only moderately, then I'd be willing to hold off withdrawal for a short while longer...but only long enough (reasonable period not forever) for it to allow a political solution because without that it just won't happen.

There's is no miltary solution alone to what ails Iraq. I still say, it depends on what one considers a loss in Iraq. I say we accomplished what we wanted already. A civil war inside is a separate matter. That has to be fought by the people there. They have to handle their own problems even if it comes to blows. We had our civil war. Let 'em have theirs.

In the meantime the Sunni Arab Bloc has quit the Iraqi govt and the Iraqi premier faces a revolt within his party.

No Military Solution per top military advisor (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070731/wl_mideast_afp/usiraqmilitary_070731184200)
So the group that is 20% of the country is still trying to run it be revolt etc to get there way.

Somebody in Iraq needs to take charge

BucEyedPea
08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
So the group that is 20% of the country is still trying to run it be revolt etc to get there way.

Somebody in Iraq needs to take charge
Guess that's what happens when ousiders hobble together a fake country with disparate parts, including dividing lines between tribes ( in order to weaken them). Made in Great Britain....the last empire before ours.

jAZ
08-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm ...invested politically in defeat in Iraq.
Spin it anyway you want... you said it.

go bowe
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Spin it anyway you want... you said it.bravo, bravo...

a wonderful and accurate example of the power of context, or lack thereof...

well done...

well done, indeed...

ClevelandBronco
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
If this is true, even if only moderately, then I'd be willing to hold off withdrawal for a short while longer...

Somebody should let the troops know they can stop packing their gear.

Chief Henry
08-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I can't beleave that dim bulb said that. Thats
got the capability of being on RNC TV commercials.