PDA

View Full Version : Elvis: KC is just Frustrated

Marty McDonald
05-02-2001, 05:29 AM
Wow....Elvis thinks he was a scapegoat.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/_photos/2001-05-01-elvis.jpg

"When I look at being 30 years old and in the next five to six years, I am in the prime of my career. "

Audio Link:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl.htm

Click on the "listen here" link located under the goof's picture.

Brock
05-02-2001, 07:25 AM
He was a scapegoat, but he obviously hasn't learned how to keep his stupid mouth shut.

ChiefGator
05-02-2001, 07:33 AM
Yeah, well, if they end up with a non-winning season (maybe for some people if they don't get into the Super Bowl) he will be the scape goat again...

Mark

bishop_74
05-02-2001, 08:51 AM
I think he is crazy taking on this responsibility. He is going to get hammered by the fans if they don't win a SB, and I would be willing to put quite a bit of money on the fact that they will not do it again.

duncan_idaho
05-02-2001, 11:22 AM
Elvis...

doesn't Elvis remind you of the little kid who never knew when to keep his mouth shut?

I'm wondering how he will deal with going from Derrick Alexander and Tony Gonzalez to Brandon Stokely and Shannon Sharpe...

He will get a ground game upgrade with Lewis, though.

Baby Lee
05-02-2001, 12:35 PM
I see Todd Heap becoming Grbac's new 'banky.'

sun
05-02-2001, 08:59 PM
elvis girlbac can bite my crank

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2001, 09:16 PM
I think it's time to call our former QB Evil Elvis
BwaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

California Injun
05-03-2001, 08:11 AM
Just curious....

Where did the word "scapegoat" originate from?

And what is a "scape" and why did they have to pick on the poor goats?

Could "scapegoat" be defined as any fan that follows the Rams?

Alton deFlat
05-03-2001, 12:26 PM
Cal
In Mosaic ritual, it was a goat upon whose head was placed the sins of people.
On a side note, a scapegrace is a good-for-nothing fellow (AKA Packfan)
A bit of useless information!!

bigdaddychieffan
05-03-2001, 06:07 PM
Elvis never embraced the Kansas City Community. Heck he didn't even own a home there. I say good riddance to bad rubbish and I am glad that I won't have to see his "deer in the headlights" look when he throws yet another interception. Hopefully he will continue that trend in B-More though so I will be able to laugh at it finally. Wasn't too funny when he was a Chief.

Packfan
05-03-2001, 06:25 PM
Typical Chief fans. The same guys that were applauding Elvis and were flabergasted when he wasnt selected to the pro bowl (initially) are ripping him AFTER he departs.
Just like fans did to Marty and just like they will do to Carl (in ten years when he finally leaves).

Elvis wants to win. You cant fault him for that. He thinks he has a better chance in Baltimore than in KC. Who can argue that? The Chiefs have a sh it defense, a poor GM, and no running game. I doubt that they will be a threat anytime soon.

Instead of ripping him, you ought to be happy he is gone. If winning a playoff game is your ultimate goal, he isnt the guy to do it. Four painful years proved that.
Unfortunately for the Chiefs, they just replaced him with a clone.

California Injun
05-03-2001, 06:33 PM
Typical Packers fan...

They have

No GM (Wolfie jumped off that sinking ship)

No HC ("How's Mike Sherman doing these days?")

No RB (that can stay healthy)

And an aging QB that is playing behind a porous OL with

No back-up QB.

And I suppose you were overjoyed when Holmgren left so that you could feast your eyes upon "Shermie-baby" correct?

Packfan
05-03-2001, 06:42 PM
Injun,

I will only reply to your assinine post because I am bored. Then I am going to go watch the NBA Playoffs.

Wolf is old. Thats why he retired. He has been doing this since the days of Vince Lombardi

Sherman went 9-7 in his first year as head coach. Chief fans would be talking super bowl if their team went 9-7 last year.

No running back that can stay healthy?? Let me give you a name and see if it rings a bell: Ahman Green (1200 yards, 70 receptions last year). Starting watching the rest of the league before making an a ss out of yourself.

Aging QB??? No Backup?? Favre same age as Green, Elvis, has played in over 150 games, Packers signed Henry Burris.

dummy up already

California Injun
05-03-2001, 06:52 PM
Coulda sworn Gunther went 9-7 his first year.

I guess after watching his massive ego get bruised by letting Holmgren go, Wolfie would age quite a bit with Rhodes and Sherman. Can't blame the man for jumping ship.

So you have Ahman Green,eh?

Thanks for the update. You see, I don't perservate about the Green Bay Packers, nor do I spend time on their websites spewing my useless diatribes about how they suck.

I'm glad I've got you Ken to keep me posted on the latest in Packers land.

All I know about them is that they have no future in the NFC Central with Mike Sherman as your head coach and..

What's that guys name again who is you GM?

Now go watch the NBA play-offs!!!

NaptownChief
05-03-2001, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Packfan

No running back that can stay healthy?? Let me give you a name and see if it rings a bell: Ahman Green

Ken,

Do you mean good ole fumble fingers? The guy that has the tremedous ability to lay it on the carpet three or more times in a game?

The Bad Guy
05-03-2001, 08:33 PM
Ken,

One quick observation.

Why are you over here so much?

I mean, to rip on everything KC does shouldn't consume your life as much as it does.

I know you will never ever find me on a Packers board, or any other team board for that matter.

I just could give a rats *** what other teams do.

While you take the time to slam KC, you should look at your own team.

Your defense is no better than the Chiefs. I think Brett Favre is still a top QB in this league, but outside of him, your offense has nothing. Green was a one year wonder, Levens can't stay healthy, and Antonio Freeman left his game behind when he signed a huge contract.

You seem to criticize Peterson for trading away the first rounder, but what did Ron Wolf do with his first rounder last year? Did Bubba Franks even see the field?

It's almost pure hypocricy how you rip on the Chiefs when your team hasn't been anything since Holmgren left three years ago. You can rant and rave about playoffs, and your Super Bowl in 1996, but noone cares.

The only thing that matters now is the 2001 season, and from the looks of it, KC has a better team on paper now than the Packers.

Your only advantage at the current time is Favre.

This is my opinion Ken, so don't get all testy about it.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2001, 08:44 PM
I have a pointless question, but how do I change the title under my member name?

I see some have different than Lurker and regular and wanted to personalize it.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Zebedee DuBois
05-03-2001, 08:51 PM
NFL Frank,
When you edit your profile, look at "Custom User Text", I think it is right under your birthday. I also think that it is not always available to us users, unless you have some magic number of posts.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2001, 09:07 PM
Zeb,

Thanks for the reply.

I must not have reached the amount of posts needed to change the regular status.

This now gives me something to aim for, haha.