LapDog
04-29-2001, 07:56 PM
JCJohnny-

LMAO! Too funny for words!

LapDog

LapDog
05-03-2001, 04:01 AM
Another thread gave me this idea.

The challenge is to come up with a team name and/or mascot that can NOT be challenged by PETA as being racist, insensitive, or anything else. The entertainment comes AFTER a nickname/mascot is proposed. It's up to everyone else to see if they can find something that PETA could grab on to.

Examples:

Clevaland Indians
- no good because it's insensitive to Native Americans

KC Caucasions
- no good because it validates elitest hate-mongering white supremacists

Clevland Parking Lots (from Bob Dole and Iowanian)
- the "parking lots" is insensitive because large concrete parking lots increase the "urban heat island effect" which contributes to temperature thermoclines in urban environments....which increase SMOG concentrations....which is environmentally irresponsible as well.

ExtremeChief
05-03-2001, 07:00 AM
How'bout the Kansas City Sailboat Fuel Drummers.

KC Windsocks???

KC Alternative Fuels???

Probably the easiest would be the Kansas City Football Players.

I'm not prejudice, I hate everyone the same...

Mark M
05-03-2001, 07:03 AM
The Kansas City Tolerant and Accepting of All People, Animals and Objects Environmentaly Conscious Homo Sapiens

That shold about cover it, shouldn't it?

MM
~~It's 7:00a.m. ... do you know where Big Brother is?

bishop_74
05-03-2001, 07:25 AM
The Kansas City Clouds....hmmmmmm...no!

Clint in Wichita
05-03-2001, 08:17 AM
The Kansas City Co_ksuckers?

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

California Injun
05-03-2001, 08:55 AM
Mark M,

"Homo" is offensive to the gay population.

"Kansas City Football Players" is offensive to Chiefs fans as it is not accurate. There hasn't been any football that was played in Arrowhead since the 1997 season.

That NFL Team That Plays in Kansas City? - This would be offensive to all the other cities that do not have a team.

The Kansas City Kansans? - Offensive to Missourians.

Kansas City Americans? - Offensive to all the hypenated immigrants.

Why not just rotate the name each week thereby offending ALL people equally? There could be a projected schedule into the next millenium to cover each distinct section of our Politically Correct Nation.

Baby Lee
05-03-2001, 09:07 AM
All of you guys are missing the point. The very use of the term 'Kansas City,' while accurate and descriptive of the geographic confines where the organization is based, is utterly nonreflective of the population of enthusiasts who follow the efforts of this group with vested interest, but suffer the misfortune of claiming residence elsewhere. We need a name that is not only sensitive regarding mascot imagery, but inclusive in its geographic references.

To that end I propose

'The Collection of Athletic Individuals With a Common Sporting Identity Who Are Based In Kansas City But Have an International Following"

Just trips off the tongue, eh?

seclark
05-03-2001, 09:13 AM
kansas city hooters?(who doesn't like hooters?)
sec

Iowanian
05-03-2001, 09:28 AM
If we can't have the "Mighty Snipe"....the holding the bag thing was very funny and accurate mr dole...

I wish to be the "environmentally insesitive spotted owl eaters of genocidal american methane producers, LLC"

keg in kc
05-03-2001, 09:34 AM
Here's some news from the sensativity front:

In January, the Scottish Fire Service Fairness and Diversity Forum in Edinburgh declared that the term "firefighter" was "too aggressive," thus deterring women from aspiring to the job, and recommended that the title be changed to "firemaster." And in December, the school board in Cecil County, Md., scheduled a vote early in 2001 on a policy that would ban the game of dodgeball and other "activities requiring human targets," as inappropriate for young children.

What I wonder is how, exactly, "firemaster" is less aggressive than "firefighter"?

It boggles the mind...

Lightning Rod
05-03-2001, 12:22 PM
How about the dirty bastages

Tomahawk 11
05-03-2001, 02:03 PM
I think JC Johnny is right for the most part. But we must add to the end of it .... who do not seek to be world champions.

This addition is due to the fact that the NFL is only played in the U.S and I have heard several Iraqi's and African Tribesmen state thier disgruntled feelings at this. Of course they couldn't seek to be NFL champions at all because that would be domination of the rest of the league which would disinfranchise the rest. I think they should just give the world a hug.

ChiefGator
05-03-2001, 02:18 PM
If my house is burning, waking me out of bed, the last thing I want to see when I wake up is a FireMASTER... Shiver me timbers. Might not mind seeing them on a stage in Tampa, though..

Mark ;)

ptlyon
05-03-2001, 02:57 PM
RCG - If they were in Fargo they would be called The Fargonbastages.

LapDog
05-03-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mark M
[B]The Kansas City Tolerant and Accepting of All People, Animals and Objects Environmentaly Conscious Homo Sapiens

Mark,

Another reason this one won't fly is... well...
don't you think it's insulting to the intolerant and close-minded people of the world? I know that I'd be a little offended it I weren't so insensitive myself.

Then again, PETA doesn't seem to care about intolerant people, so they may not say anything about it.

Zebedee DuBois
05-10-2001, 07:57 PM
How about

The Caucasion- Hispanic- Indeo-africanic- East asian- Friggin- Sports-team!

You know, we could call them the Chiefs for short!

Raiderhader
05-10-2001, 08:08 PM
To all who would use football in the name, that won't work because you would probably upset people who insist that football is a game played with a soccer (sorry, foot) ball.

I LOVE this idea from California_Injun! It is right up my alley.

Why not just rotate the name each week thereby offending ALL people equally? There could be a projected schedule into the next millenium to cover each distinct section of our Politically Correct Nation.

LapDog
05-10-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Zebedee DuBois
Caucasion- Hispanic- Indeo-africanic- East asian- Friggin- Sports-team!

Zeb,

That'll never work. Isn't it obvious that African-Americans are not adequately represented when the name is used in its short form?