PDA

View Full Version : Techie Help: How do you retrieve the Key Code for a Wireless setup?

Mosbonian
08-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I posted this in the main thread...and htismaqe confirmed my concerns, but I thought I might try this venue in case any of you knows something he might not....

I am trying to set up my wireless in my new house here in Kentucky....I am ok with everything but my Daughters new laptop. I need the Key Code to input ino her laptop, but unfortunately I cannot find the piece of paper that has the key code written on it.

Is there any way to retrieve that code without that piece of paper? Am I going to have to reset the whole thing?

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-04-2007, 05:25 PM
nevermind anyone.....my wife found the piece of paper.....thanks anyone.

mmaddog

Lzen
08-05-2007, 09:00 AM
For future reference, you might go ahead and find out how to retrieve it without the piece of paper just in case you misplace that paper. For instance, I can access my router administration through my web browser. I simply type in my router's IP address (typically something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1). My router is a D Link DI 524. If you tell us what type you have perhaps we can tell you how to do it for future reference.