PDA

View Full Version : Mobile / WAP access to the planet...

jAZ
08-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I've been accessing the Planet from the vBulletin "archive" pages (link (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/archive/index.php/)) from my TREO for a while now. But I've always thought I was the only one. Seems like there have been more than a few posts from people on cellphones / PDAs lately.

The problem with the archive-formatted pages is that it's read-only. You have to go to the main page to view anything.

Is it possible to install or create non-graphical style or mod for the main board?

Bob Dole
08-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Is it possible to install or create non-graphical style or mod for the main board?

Is "At Work" not non-graphical enough?

jAZ
08-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Is "At Work" not non-graphical enough?
No, it still loads the header graphics, and all of the border graphics, buttons, etc. ... IIRC.

You'd be surpised how many graphics there are on a single page.

Edit: Not to mention all the graphics on the posting page right here.

trndobrd
08-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I've been accessing the Planet from the vBulletin "archive" pages (link (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/archive/index.php/)) from my TREO for a while now. But I've always thought I was the only one. Seems like there have been more than a few posts from people on cellphones / PDAs lately.

The problem with the archive-formatted pages is that it's read-only. You have to go to the main page to view anything.

I have an MDA but haven't found anything on the Planet so overwhelmingly important that I must stop during the middle of dinner, visiting my Grandmother, or in the middle of a movie to look or post.

Maybe if we had more poop threads.

BWillie
08-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I check it from my A900 phone using the opera mini browser with no problem. It logs me in everytime without me having to put my password in and everything. It's pretty sad, but I use CP as a source to my news and main stream gossip nowadays. Can find everything important going on right here.

memyselfI
08-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I access it using my TMO Dash. I have all of the graphics turned off by default when logged in simply to speed up the downloads of the page. But on less graphic intense sites I leave them on and they do quite well.

listopencil
08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I have a neighbor with a PDA so he reads The Planet off of it then pounds out the messages on his stove in Morse Code using a big rock. I can hear it over here and I pound out my responses on my cement patio using a brick. I've gone through a lot of bricks but it works quite well. I don't know why I don't just use my PC instead but the PDA works great once we relay my posts and responses back and forth.