PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Movie---**possible spoilers***

banyon
08-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Anyone else see it yet?

I watched it on Friday. It was funnier than most regular episodes have been for the past few years.

What's your favorite part?

Mine was Homer saying he'd found an elegant solution to the pig waste problem and then revealing the silo marked "Pig Crap".

I did think the scene were Bart drinks the Johnnie Walker was a little out of character for the show and pushed it a little too far.

I saw that Kang was credited, but I did not see him anywhere, did anyone else see him?

Saulbadguy
08-05-2007, 11:13 AM
I was pleasantly surprised by the movie.

HolmeZz
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
It was very good.

Jenson71
08-05-2007, 12:26 PM
I was laughing out loud probably 9/10 of the movie.

DaFace
08-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I'd say it was good, but I was hoping for more. Three of my favorite cartoons have been made into movies in recent years: Simpsons, Family Guy (though it was just a DVD movie), and South Park. Family Guy was nothing but a few episodes combined to make a 1.5 hour movie. South Park was pure genius and was far more than the usual TV show. Simpsons was somewhere in the middle.

banyon
08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I'd say it was good, but I was hoping for more. Three of my favorite cartoons have been made into movies in recent years: Simpsons, Family Guy (though it was just a DVD movie), and South Park. Family Guy was nothing but a few episodes combined to make a 1.5 hour movie. South Park was pure genius and was far more than the usual TV show. Simpsons was somewhere in the middle.

On those standards I think I agree. i guess I was comparing the movie to the last few seasons of the show and not all-time.

noa
08-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I saw the movie earlier tonight. Definitely liked it. I thought it had good balance between wit and potty humor. Every time I wasn't laughing out loud, the 8 year old girl behind me was, and vice versa.

Mr Luzcious
08-06-2007, 10:19 PM
It was a lot better than I'd expected, but I'll most likely never want to watch it again.

StcChief
08-08-2007, 11:16 AM
wait for rental ~ Christmas time likely