PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on the the Iraq War... Iowa's Republican debate 8/5/07

Fishpicker
08-05-2007, 04:41 PM
did everyone else miss this debate too? I only caught the last 40 minutes of the debate.

ABC (http://www.abcnews.go.com/politics) aired this at 8 a.m. for some damn reason. I never saw any advertisements either. Stephanopolous is the worst moderator I have ever seen in my life.

<div><object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/7vpTdjPJvcvYhiZdm"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/7vpTdjPJvcvYhiZdm" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ozog_ronpaul_news">Ronpaul</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/krs601">krs601</a></i></div>

Ron Paul puts all the other candidates to shame.

chagrin
08-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Dude, I watched it - Stephanopolous should be ashamed of himself for his display of bias, him and his cohort there; it was awful.

Mitt Romney, in my opinion, clearly won that thing. Ron Paul - I didn't see his charm or superiority that everyone boasts about here, on this debate.
Guliani, wow, this was my first time seeing and hearing him speak among his fellow campaigning Republicans; he sure is a quiet little guy.

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 05:39 PM
charm or superiority
I don't think it is either of these things people are that drawn too. Seems to be what he actually says.

Fishpicker
08-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Dude, I watched it - Stephanopolous should be ashamed of himself for his display of bias, him and his cohort there; it was awful.

Mitt Romney, in my opinion, clearly won that thing. Ron Paul - I didn't see his charm or superiority that everyone boasts about here, on this debate.
Guliani, wow, this was my first time seeing and hearing him speak among his fellow campaigning Republicans; he sure is a quiet little guy.

Ron Paul didn't get nearly the amount of time that all the other candidates did. in the last 40 minutes, RP only spoke twice for 15 seconds. Ron Paul was not asked for his reponse about healthcare (isnt he the only doctor on stage?) Paul was never asked to speak about tax reform. (voted tax-payer's best friend) the coverage was heavily skewed to favor Romney/Giuliani.

Stephanopolous has no business moderating the republican debate. GS has even publicly stated that he would stake everything he owns on RP not getting elected.

wazu
08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
That debate was depressing. Was it just me, or did Tancredo, Hunter and Huckabee all get a significantly higher amount of air time than Ron Paul?

I also found it absurd that just about the only guy not asked about healthcare was also the only doctor on stage.

chagrin
08-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Ron Paul didn't get nearly the amount of time that all the other candidates did. in the last 40 minutes, RP only spoke twice for 15 seconds. Ron Paul was not asked for his reponse about healthcare (isnt he the only doctor on stage?) Paul was never asked to speak about tax reform. (voted tax-payer's best friend) the coverage was heavily skewed to favor Romney/Giuliani.

Stephanopolous has no business moderating the republican debate. GS has even publicly stated that he would stake everything he owns on RP not getting elected.

True, he didn't speak much at all:

I would like to see the whole thing done again, with another mod

chagrin
08-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't think it is either of these things people are that drawn too. Seems to be what he actually says.

If Mitt or Guliani said what he says, the same supporters of Ron Paul wouldn't be all over them; I am pretty sure of that.

chagrin
08-05-2007, 08:47 PM
That debate was depressing. Was it just me, or did Tancredo, Hunter and Huckabee all get a significantly higher amount of air time than Ron Paul?

I also found it absurd that just about the only guy not asked about healthcare was also the only doctor on stage.

Tancredo made me laugh

Fishpicker
08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
If Mitt or Guliani said what he says, the same supporters of Ron Paul wouldn't be all over them; I am pretty sure of that.

that's because Mitt or Giuliani would have to reverse thier positions to say those things. Ron Paul's supporters are drawn to him because of his consistency. its not a cult of personality, Giuliani & Thompson have that market cornered.

recxjake
08-05-2007, 09:10 PM
I was at the debate row 5, left side facing the stage.... It was a lot fun... I sat close to Romney's boys, across the aisle from Lindsey Graham....

It was a terrific experience...

I was leaving the debate with my Rudy 2008 tshirt.... a smart ass Ron Paul supporter starts yelling at me and telling me I suck.... I simply replied...... 2%

Fishpicker
08-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I was leaving the debate with my Rudy 2008 tshirt.... a smart ass Ron Paul supporter starts yelling at me and telling me I suck.... I simply replied...... 2%

good one, you showed him. you should try to come up with some witticisms here on ChiefsPlanet sometime. :rolleyes:

recxjake
08-05-2007, 10:11 PM
good one, you showed him. you should try to come up with some witticisms here on ChiefsPlanet sometime. :rolleyes:

I did, he turned around and started walking the other way.

recxjake
08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
If Ron Paul is serious about actually being President... he needs to get his supporters in line..... it was truly disgusting listening and watching them act. God forbid he is the nomiee.... is supporters will have pissed everyother Republican off.

It is one thing to work hard for your candidate, it is another to attack individuals for who they support.

I'm not sure if they think signs vote..... but they just look stupid when they have 500 signs in a 1 block stretch of road, with 10 people supporting him.

Fishpicker
08-05-2007, 10:42 PM
If Ron Paul is serious about actually being President... he needs to get his supporters in line.

either that or you could get over it. :deevee:

recxjake
08-05-2007, 10:46 PM
either that or you could get over it. :deevee:

It isn't a one time incident... they look and act very immature at almost every event.

Fishpicker
08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
what are you telling me for? why say anything if it will help Rudy win?

SNR
08-05-2007, 11:17 PM
It isn't a one time incident... they look and act very immature at almost every event.This is a life or death thing for Ron Paul supporters, though. The kind of politics that Paul represents is so unique and so refreshing to many of his supporters. They can't get from any other Republican or Democrat what they get from Ron Paul. They'd have to go 3rd party, which sadly, never works in this so-called "democratic" institution we call a government.

Rudy for the most part = McCain = Romney = Thompson. They all say pretty much the same thing and the differences between the candidates are pretty small. You're not going to see a supporter of Giuliani vote outside the Republican party if Rudy doesn't get the nomination. Paul is so different from the other candidates that well over half of his supporters will vote for a candidate in a different party if Paul doesn't get the nomination.

It's critical that they create a ruckus, especially at events like this. Stephanopolous is another media dirtbag trying to keep Ron Paul out of this election as much as he can. He's not called upon nearly as much in these debates as the other candidates, and yet he provides the most original and interesting answers/solutions to the questions of any candidate in any party. Why the hell wouldn't you try to find more out about this guy in a debate like this?

So in conclusion, as a Ron Paul supporter, I say **** Rudy and every other Republican on stage. And I support the guy who made fun of your Rudy shirt.

Fishpicker
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
This is a life or death thing for Ron Paul supporters, though. The kind of politics that Paul represents is so unique and so refreshing to many of his supporters. They can't get from any other Republican or Democrat what they get from Ron Paul. They'd have to go 3rd party, which sadly, never works in this so-called "democratic" institution we call a government.

Rudy for the most part = McCain = Romney = Thompson. They all say pretty much the same thing and the differences between the candidates are pretty small. You're not going to see a supporter of Giuliani vote outside the Republican party if Rudy doesn't get the nomination. Paul is so different from the other candidates that well over half of his supporters will vote for a candidate in a different party if Paul doesn't get the nomination.

It's critical that they create a ruckus, especially at events like this. Stephanopolous is another media dirtbag trying to keep Ron Paul out of this election as much as he can. He's not called upon nearly as much in these debates as the other candidates, and yet he provides the most original and interesting answers/solutions to the questions of any candidate in any party. Why the hell wouldn't you try to find more out about this guy in a debate like this?

So in conclusion, as a Ron Paul supporter, I say **** Rudy and every other Republican on stage. And I support the guy who made fun of your Rudy shirt.
:clap:

Taco John
08-05-2007, 11:58 PM
For Ron Paul fans, this page has hours upon hours of MP3s of Ron Paul speeches, press appearances, debates, etc. Burn them to CD and pass them around! :)

http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/

Fishpicker
08-06-2007, 12:10 AM
For Ron Paul fans, this page has hours upon hours of MP3s of Ron Paul speeches, press appearances, debates, etc. Burn them to CD and pass them around! :)

http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/

that list is huge. nice find TJ.

Taco John
08-06-2007, 12:11 AM
George Stephanottopus is a terrible debate moderator. That's the worst I've ever seen.

wazu
08-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Tancredo made me laugh

He did get the shot of the day against Giuliani. Rudy was telling us all how he didn't really understand the "Fair Tax", and was waiting for somebody to show him how it worked. Tancredo grabbed the microphone and started recommending books for Rudy to read. Classic.