PDA

View Full Version : "Rudy would make a terrible president"... Rudy's NYC Emergency Management Director

jAZ
08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/05/wrudy105.xml

Rudolph Giuliani would be 'terrible' president
By Philip Sherwell in New York, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 2:56pm BST 05/08/2007

The former top antiterrorism aide to Rudolph Giuliani has launched a stinging critique of the former New York mayor over the September 11 atrocity, attacking a key pillar of his challenge for the White House.

Rudolph Giuliani's nomination campaign owes much to his role on September 11

Jerome Hauer, New York's emergency management director from 1996 to 2000, said Mr Giuliani was closely involved in locating the city's crisis control room in the World Trade Centre complex, even though it was a known terrorist target after the 1993 truck bomb attack which killed six people at the site.

The location proved disastrous in 2001 as the building was set ablaze in the collapse of the adjoining twin towers.

The condemnation by Mr Hauer, a leading US expert on biological and chemical terrorism, provides fresh ammunition to Mr Giuliani's foes, who want to undermine the widespread acclaim for his actions in the aftermath of al-Qaeda's attack on the towers. It follows similar criticism from the main firemen's union.

Mr Hauer's comments signal the sort of scrutiny that Mr Giuliani will face from his political rivals' research teams if he remains the Republican frontrunner for next year's election.

Mr Giuliani's advisers reject the criticisms as the inaccurate recollections of a bitter man who puts politics over principle, and maintain the command centre was sited at the World Trade Centre on Mr Hauer's recommendation.

Mr Hauer, who now runs a consultancy firm, said that the former mayor vetoed his proposal to site the emergency command centre in Brooklyn as he wanted it to be within walking distance of his City Hall offices in Manhattan.

"Rudy would make a terrible president and that is why I am speaking now," Mr Hauer told The Sunday Telegraph. "He's a control freak who micro-manages decision, he has a confrontational character trait and picks fights just to score points. He is the last thing this country needs as president right now."

Mr Hauer is a registered Democrat voter but his expertise was so highly rated by the Republican Bush administration that he was chosen in 2002 to co-ordinate America's public health preparation for future emergencies, including attacks with weapons of mass destruction.

He has gone public with his criticisms after Mr Giuliani blamed him for the location of the New York command centre during a television interview.

"That is Rudy re-inventing history," he said. "We had found a good facility in Brooklyn but Rudy's people and then the mayor himself made clear that the site had to be walking distance from City Hall."

Mr Hauer also accused Mr Giuliani of failing to sort out turf battles between the city's police and fire departments, and of appointing inexperienced cronies to key positions.

And he was dismissive of Mr Giuliani's assertion that Judith Nathan - a former nurse who was then Mr Giuliani's girlfriend and is now his third wife - had co-ordinated the Family Assistance Centre relief operation after September 11.

"Rudy told me to find a role for Judy. She came along to some meetings and her heart was in the right place, but it's baloney to suggest she ran the centre. And now he says he would take her advice on chemical and biological terrorism? Give me a break."

Mr Hauer's assessment has put the focus back on the former mayor's handling of the aftermath of the outrage. Pro-Democrat firemen's unions and the relatives of some victims of the atrocity blame Mr Giuliani for failing to introduce an integrated emergency control system.

They also say he failed to ensure co-ordination between the police and fire brigade, despite the 1993 truck bombing. In addition, they claim city authorities knew that firemen's radios did not function properly - seen as a key reason why 343 of them died when the towers collapsed, since many would not have heard the order to evacuate.

Mr Giuliani's White House campaign owes much to the reputation he gained as "America's mayor" for his role in the 2001 events and his hawkish national security credentials.

He holds a comfortable lead in polls of prospective Republican nominees, followed by former Tennessee senator and actor Fred Thompson, who has yet officially to declare his candidacy.

Ugly Duck
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
The former top antiterrorism aide to Rudolph Giuliani has launched a stinging critique of the former New York mayor over the September 11 atrocity

Quick.... place your bets on wut the RWNJs will use to discredit Rudy's top antiterrorism guy! Alcoholism? Bribery? Insanity? Homosexuality?Democratism? This guy's gonna get swiftboated right quick. I figure they'll say he wasn't really a top guy at all... just some gay drug user thats been paid by Hilary to say this stuff.

a1na2
08-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Quick.... place your bets on wut the RWNJs will use to discredit Rudy's top antiterrorism guy! Alcoholism? Bribery? Insanity? Homosexuality?Democratism? This guy's gonna get swiftboated right quick. I figure they'll say he wasn't really a top guy at all... just some gay drug user thats been paid by Hilary to say this stuff.

What he said!

Logical
08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
UD, well you can bet recxjake will be along momentarily and let us know.

recxjake
08-05-2007, 08:12 PM
He was a great Mayor, and will make a great President...

HolmeZz
08-05-2007, 08:30 PM

When did you start to believe he was a great Mayor and when did that matter to you? Because 7 months ago it was:

Rudi and McCain will not get my vote...

a1na2
08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I have yet to see any candidate that is worthy of anyone's vote.

Hopefully before the election rolls around, in over a year, we will have some quality choices. In today's society I don't see that happening and we will be voting for the lesser of two or three evils.

Pitt Gorilla
08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I have yet to see any candidate that is worthy of anyone's vote.

Hopefully before the election rolls around, in over a year, we will have some quality choices. In today's society I don't see that happening and we will be voting for the lesser of two or three evils.I could handle Richardson and maybe Paul. Other than that, I probably won't vote for one.

penchief
08-05-2007, 09:43 PM

No he won't. Trust me. Did you get a whiff of Rudy's gameplan today during the debate? How 'bout when he surrounded that one-sentence answer to a question about our infrastructure with the same one-liner about 'liberal democratic' policy three times?

Duh... Can we say, "more of the same" hyper-partisan bullshit coming from the establishment candidate?

He's been packaged to do the bidding for right-wing corporate fascism, ala Bush. Anyone who can't recognize that by now is in for a big letdown later, ala Bush.

He's ticketed to be Bush's successor. If you want more of the same, by all means, vote for Rudy, the great pretender, ala Bush.

recxjake
08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
No he won't. Trust me. Did you get a whiff of Rudy's gameplan today during the debate? How 'bout when he surrounded that one-sentence answer to a question about our infrastructure with the same one-liner about 'liberal democratic' policy three times.

Duh... Can we say, "more of the same" hyper-partisan bullshit coming from the eco-political establishment?

He's been packaged to do the bidding for corporate fascism, ala Bush. Anyone who can't recognize that by now is in for a big letdown later, ala Bush.

Yea he will.... his results speak for themselves.... He cut crime, cut taxes and turned New York around. He has executive experience.... something all 3 leading Democratic candidates lack.

penchief
08-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Yea he will.... his results speak for themselves.... He cut crime, cut taxes and turned New York around. He has executive experience.... something all 3 leading Democratic candidates lack.

You're backing a morally corrupt, unqualified, future figurehead no different than George W. Bush. If that's what you want then go right ahead but don't expect the rest of us to buy into your propaganda. I've had a close-up look at Rudy. And the more everyone else gets to know him the more he will be exposed for the phony he is.

The only thing he has going for him is the corporate media and the sales job it will do on the American people on behalf of Rudy's presidential bid because, like Rudy, they are pawns of the eco-political establishment.

Wake up, brother. Help save America from another eight years of the same exact thing we've had to put up with for the last six plus year, only worse. If there is one person that would be absolutely no improvement over Bush, it is Rudy Giuliani.

HolmeZz
08-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Jake, why should I take your opinion seriously here? You've completely flip flopped on Giuliani. And why should I trust Giuliani when he has such a bad track record when it comes to judgment? Whether it's a couple failed marriages, Bernard Kerik, his unwavering support of President Bush, or the fact that he had never heard of blowback. And that's just scratching the surface.

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Quick.... place your bets on wut the RWNJs will use to discredit Rudy's top antiterrorism guy! Alcoholism? Bribery? Insanity? Homosexuality? Democratism?

That's the one that makes him irrelevant for me.

recxjake
08-05-2007, 10:04 PM
You're backing a morally corrupt, unqualified, future figurehead no different than George W. Bush. If that's what you want then go right ahead but don't expect the rest of us to buy into your propaganda. I've had a close-up look at Rudy. And the more everyone else gets to know him the more he will be exposed for the phony he is.

The only thing he has going for him is the corporate media and the sales job it will do on the American people on behalf of Rudy's presidential bid because, like Rudy, they are pawns of the eco-political establishment.

Wake up, brother. Help save America from another eight years of the same exact thing we've had to put up with for the last six plus year, only worse. If there is one person that would be absolutely no improvement over Bush, it is Rudy Giuliani.

May I ask who you are supporting?

penchief
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
That's the one that makes him irrelevant for me.

Of course. Because no democrat can be a true American when they have a point of view different from those (like Giuliani or Bush) who claim to be the most patriotic among us.

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Of course. Because no democrat can be a true American when they have a point of view different from those (like Giuliani or Bush) who claim to be the most patriotic among us.

You're entitled to that opinion.

penchief
08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
You're entitled to that opinion.

That's not my opinion. That's the impression I get from people who post things similar to what you post. In case you didn't know, I was just being sarcastic.

Logical
08-05-2007, 10:19 PM
May I ask who you are supporting?I know you were not asking me, but my answer would be right now no one. I am definitely not supporting Rudy and I can thank you for that. Due to your dogged pursuit I have dug into his past and I am not about to support him.

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2007, 10:39 PM
That's not my opinion. That's the impression I get from people who post things similar to what you post. In case you didn't know, I was just being sarcastic.

No shit.

penchief
08-05-2007, 10:43 PM
No shit.

A more creative response on your part might have signaled to me that you understood I was being sarcastic.

ClevelandBronco
08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
A more creative response on your part might have signaled to me that you understood I was being sarcastic.

No shit.

Ugly Duck
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
7 months ago it was:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by recxjake
Rudi and McCain will not get my vote...

Is that for real? Recx usta rag on Rudi & now he pimps the wimp?

HolmeZz
08-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Is that for real? Recx usta rag on Rudi & now he pimps the wimp?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157263&highlight=Rudi

Jake clearly has a clear core set of values, which has let him go from Newt Gingrich, George Allen, and Mike Huckabee to Rudy Guiliani.

go bowe
08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
a few months ago, i was favorably inclined towards mccain and roody...

macain's campaign is reportedly falling apart and the more i hear him talk, the more he sounds like an echo of president bush...

the more i see and hear from roody, the less i like him...

he's so 9/11 - 9/11 - 9/11 - 9/11 - 9/11...

he appears to be a one issue candidate (america's mayor), obsessed with repeating 9/11 as many times as he can... - 9/11 - 9/11 - 9/11

it almost reminds me of those ads for head on...

apply directly to the forehead!

9/11 - 9/11 - 9/11

9/11 - 9/11 - 9/11

9/11 - 9/11 - 9/11!!!!!1!!

Ugly Duck
08-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Jake clearly has a clear core set of values, which has let him go from Newt Gingrich, George Allen, and Mike Huckabee to Rudy Guiliani.

"I'm saddened by the news that Newt Gingrich is not going to run for President (unless last resort he said) so I'm back to the drawing board for supporting a POTUS candidate. Im leaning towards Gov. Mike Huckabee or Mitt Romney... Rudi and McCain will not get my vote...." - rexjake

Wow. I'm stunned. Well... he may flip around like a boated fish - but at least he has passion!