PDA

View Full Version : Rudy's Daughter Supports Obama

irishjayhawk
08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
http://slate.com/id/2171730

Daddy DearestRudy Giuliani's daughter is supporting Barack Obama.
By Lucy Morrow Caldwell
Posted Monday, Aug. 6, 2007, at 11:49 AM ET
Caroline Giuliani's Facebook Profile. Click image to expand.Click above to view Caroline Giuliani's Facebook profile

There's one vote that Rudy Giuliani definitely can't count on in his 2008 presidential bid: his own daughter's. According to the 17-year-old Caroline Giuliani's Facebook profile, she's supporting Barack Obama.

On her profile, she designates her political views as "liberal" and—until this morning—proclaimed her membership in the Facebook group "Barack Obama (One Million Strong for Barack)." According to her profile, she withdrew from the Obama group at 6 a.m. Monday, after Slate sent her an inquiry about it.

In what may be an effort to avoid public connection to her famous father, the future Harvard freshman and recent graduate of Trinity School in Manhattan uses a slight variation of her name on the Facebook site. But she didn't lock her profile, allowing any Facebook user with access to the Harvard or Trinity School networks (more than 42,000 people) to view her detailed profile. (As a Harvard student, I was able to see it.)

It's not news that Rudy and his two children, Caroline and her 21-year-old brother Andrew, have a rocky relationship. Caroline and Andrew are the children of Donna Hanover, Rudy's second wife. In March, Andrew, who is a junior at Duke, told the New York Times that he and his father had been estranged for some time, and he has spoken candidly about his objections to Giuliani's marriage to Judith Nathan. And after the wedding, the Times reported, Giuliani also stopped attending Caroline's high-school events. Though he went to her high-school graduation, he left without speaking to her and did not join in the post-graduation family celebration, according to the New York Daily News.

Caroline's Facebook profile does not reveal why she doesn't want her father to win the White House. She has not responded to e-mail questions from Slate.

chagrin
08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I almost hate to say this, but I believe that when it comes to voting, the vast majority of people still want to see person with a stable family life, elected as President. Guliani is toast, not just because of this but write it down, he's not getting the nomination; dude's got way too many issues in the open.

Adept Havelock
08-06-2007, 04:44 PM
I almost hate to say this, but I believe that when it comes to voting, the vast majority of people still want to see person with a stable family life, elected as President. Guliani is toast, not just because of this but write it down, he's not getting the nomination; dude's got way too many issues in the open.

I don't hate to say this: Blame the "Values Voters". :shrug:

BIG_DADDY
08-06-2007, 04:44 PM
This is about the time the 86 the bitch out of your will. Oh you want Barack pumpkin, that's nice. I'm just counting the days until your 18.

HolmeZz
08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Definitely not news. I just don't know how you can expect the country to vote for you when you can't even get your kids to.

Rudy is scum.

BucEyedPea
08-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Does this mean she wants to invade Pakistan? :hmmm:
Sounds worse than her dad. ROFL

BIG_DADDY
08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Definitely not news. I just don't know how you can expect the country to vote for you when you can't even get your kids to.

Rudy is scum.

It could be worse, he could have had you for a son.

BigMeatballDave
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Rudy is scum.Of course, he's a politician, they are ALL scum...

BigMeatballDave
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
It could be worse, he could have had you for a son.Ouch.
:)

HolmeZz
08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
It could be worse, he could have had you for a son.

I didn't realize you had jumped aboard the Rudy train. Did he make an appearance at the National Dogf*cker's Conference or something?

Adept Havelock
08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I didn't realize you had jumped aboard the Rudy train. Did he make an appearance at the National Dogf*cker's Conference or something?

Heh. Not bad.

BigMeatballDave
08-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I didn't realize you had jumped aboard the Rudy train. Did he make an appearance at the National Dogf*cker's Conference or something?Its not that, Its your condescension for everything republican, and your admiration for the Democrats. Both parties are equally useless.
Until we ALL realize this, this country will be ****ed up for a very long time...

Adept Havelock
08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Both parties are equally useless.
Until we ALL realize this, this country will be ****ed up for a very long time...

Agreed, but I don't think it'll make the country any less ****ed up.

BIG_DADDY
08-06-2007, 05:54 PM

I don't like Rudy

HolmeZz
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Its not that, Its your condescension for everything republican, and your admiration for the Democrats. Both parties are equally useless.

That's a product of you not paying close enough attention. I do not associate myself in any way with the Democratic party. There are plenty of the Democratic higher-ups that I strongly dislike and have said so on here. There are also a number of Republicans I like and respect.

With Rudy, we're not arguing politics here(hell, if anything he's liberal). We're arguing character. I don't care what party Rudy belongs to, he's scum.

Most politicians do suck badly. You won't get an argument from me on that.

BIG_DADDY
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
That's a product of you not paying close enough attention. I do not associate myself in any way with the Democratic party. There are plenty of the Democratic higher-ups that I strongly dislike and have said so on here. There are also a number of Republicans I like and respect.

With Rudy, we're not arguing politics here(hell, if anything he's liberal). We're arguing character. I don't care what party Rudy belongs to, he's scum.

Most politicians do suck badly. You won't get an argument from me on that.

IMO those who want to take are guns should be shot, period. He is anti-gun. He is also a big anti-dog guy and a pro Patriot Act, the most unpatriotic piece of legisaltion ever. I'm ashamed to say he's even an American.

Taco John
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I almost hate to say this, but I believe that when it comes to voting, the vast majority of people still want to see person with a stable family life, elected as President.

Why would anyone almost hate to say that?

BIG_DADDY
08-06-2007, 06:45 PM

You and tortilla are not a stable family dude.

Adept Havelock
08-06-2007, 07:10 PM

I wondered about that as well. I figured a FL 'thumper (admittedly guessing based off avatar and previous posts) would be thrilled to see "family values" at the forefront of the GOP agenda.

LMAO

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
I wondered about that as well. I figured a FL 'thumper (admittedly guessing based off avatar and previous posts) would be thrilled to see "family values" at the forefront of the GOP agenda.

LMAO

There certainly is something to "if you can't manage your own household how are you going to manage the entire country."

stevieray
08-07-2007, 11:50 AM
There certainly is something to "if you can't manage your own household how are you going to manage the entire country."

See Billary Clinton.

Chiefnj2
08-07-2007, 11:51 AM
It's tough to stand on a family values platform when most of your family won't talk to you.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Both parties are equally useless.

Quoted for truth.

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Quoted for truth.

I agree as well. Polititians have sold out.

Baby Lee
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
It's tough to stand on a family values platform when most of your family won't talk to you.
His son's not as estranged as touted.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3453672&page=1

Andrew, who splits his time between New York City and North Carolina, says his dad would be a "great president. He's my father. He's my blood. Whatever differences we might go through -- that any family might go through -- I still support him and want him to be the best he can be. Just as I want my sister to be the best she can be, and just as I want my mother to be the best she can be."

StcChief
08-07-2007, 12:42 PM
His son's not as estranged as touted.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3453672&page=1

You have to wonder... how the media spins/under reports and continues to go un-questioned.

Frankie
08-07-2007, 12:50 PM
26 posts and no recxjake?! :hmmm:

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
It could be worse, he could have had you for a son.I have a hard time believing that you would stoop to this sort of insult. WTF is wrong with you?

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I have a hard time believing that you would stoop to this sort of insult. WTF is wrong with you?

Oh the humanity. LMAO

Ultra Peanut
08-07-2007, 03:32 PM
IMO those who want to take are guns should be shot, period. Beautiful.

penchief
08-07-2007, 06:25 PM
See Billary Clinton.

It seems like they've done fairly well managing their own household. Maybe not to your satisfaction but it is their satisfaction that matters.

Last time I checked, Chelsea is pretty well adjusted, pretty smart, and still loves her dad and mom. And Bill and Hillary are only doing what most Christian's preach. Staying together. At the very least, they stayed together for the sake of their child. They're still together honoring the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. Maybe you would have been happier had they divorced.

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2007, 06:27 PM
It seems like they've done fairly well managing their own household. Maybe not to your satisfaction but it is their satisfaction that matters.

Last time I checked, Chelsea is pretty well adjusted, pretty smart, and still loves her dad and mom. And Bill and Hillary are only doing what most Christian's preach. Staying together. At the very least, they stayed together for the sake of their child. They're still together honoring the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. Maybe you would have been happier had they divorced.
WOW ROFL

Hillary is gay, Bill is out hitting every box he can and they are staying together for her political career and the $$$$ they can bring in. Nice try though.
LMAO

alanm
08-07-2007, 07:43 PM
WOW ROFL

Hillary is gay, Bill is out hitting every box he can and they are staying together for her political career and the $$$$ they can bring in. Nice try though.
LMAO
Well.... it has been in all the papers. :D

go bowe
08-07-2007, 07:47 PM
WOW ROFL

LMAO sorry, despite her physical approximation of a dyke, she is not gay...

bill is not hitting boxes, if he was, it would get out and be bandied about by his detractors...

yes, they are staying married, in part for the sake of her political career, without question...

and i have no doubt that they will be bringing money in, in the form of campaign donations and speaking fees for bill...

other than that, i agree with everything you said in your post...

Adept Havelock
08-07-2007, 08:29 PM
sorry, despite her physical approximation of a dyke, she is not gay...

bill is not hitting boxes, if he was, it would get out and be bandied about by his detractors...

yes, they are staying married, in part for the sake of her political career, without question...

and i have no doubt that they will be bringing money in, in the form of campaign donations and speaking fees for bill...

other than that, i agree with everything you said in your post...

:clap: Well said.

patteeu
08-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Sounds a little like Ronald Reagan and Patti Davis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patti_Davis) to me. If Rudy is half the president of RR, we'd be better off than we could hope to be with Hillary, Obama, or the guy with the perfect hair.

Frankie
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM

Rep.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Rep.

Ass licker.

StcChief
08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Bill / Hillary what a sham. The fact the Chelesea got past them without any immediate trama remains to be seen.

Check back when she's 40.

penchief
08-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Bill / Hillary what a sham. The fact the Chelesea got past them without any immediate trama remains to be seen.

I won't dispute you concerning Chelsea's future mental health because neither one of us has any way of knowing. But if I were a betting man.....

My point was that people who preach Christian values can't have it both ways. Either they value the "sanctity of marriage" between "a man and a woman," or they don't.

If a person is going to go to church every Sunday and recite, "amen," every time the preacher says, "for better or for worse," and condemn divorce and those who take marriage lightly or want to "pervert" it, then they can't be bitching about two people who stuck together throughout a most unfair public lynching of their marriage soley for political purposes.

Kudos to the Clinton's for holding true to Christian values during the most trying of political times.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
a most unfair public lynching of their marriage soley for political purposes.

What? LMAO

penchief
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
What? LMAO

Of course, why should their marital problems be our concern when they seemed quite capable of taking care of their own issues?

What you have posted in this thread is a perfect example of what I'm trying to point out. You criticize their marriage for being a sham yet you really have absolutely no idea what motivates them. It's clear that they both love Chelsea immensely. And that says ALOT about what kind of people they are.

As Kahlil Gibran once said (paraphrasing), "The archer not only loves the arrow that flies straight, he loves the bow that is stable."

stevieray
08-08-2007, 05:25 PM

you are wasting your time....penchief is already in spin mode.

penchief
08-08-2007, 05:26 PM
you are wasting your time....penchief is already in spin mode.

Not at all. I'm just calling on you to clear up a discrepency in your condemnation of other people.

stevieray
08-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Not at all. I'm just calling on you to clear up a discrepency in your condemnation of other people.

Spare me your BS. Stick to switching from sensationalized melodaramtic attacks to sensationalized melodramatic defenses.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Of course, why should their marital problems be our concern when they seemed quite capable of taking care of their own issues?

What you have posted in this thread is a perfect example of what I'm trying to point out. You criticize their marriage for being a sham yet you really have absolutely no idea what motivates them. It's clear that they both love Chelsea immensely. And that says ALOT about what kind of people they are.

As Kahlil Gibran once said (paraphrasing), "The archer not only loves the arrow that flies straight, he loves the bow that is stable."

Dude, Hillary loves women and Bill his hitting every box he can slip junior into. The fat that you try to make this marriage look like the Rock of Gibraltar shows your partisanship at unprecedented levels.

penchief
08-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Dude, Hillary loves women and Bill his hitting every box he can slip junior into. The fat that you try to make this marriage look like the Rock of Gibraltar shows your partisanship at unprecedented levels.

I'm not trying to make their marriage look like the "Rock of Gibralter." I'm trying to point out the fact that it can't be had both ways. You need to check your hypocricy regulator.

penchief
08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Spare me your BS. Stick to switching from sensationalized melodaramtic attacks to sensationalized melodramatic defenses.

Spare me irrational rationalizations like this. Why do you condemn two people who choose to stay married? Don't you support their right to harvest whatever it is that they harvest from each other? Isn't that their right? Are you their judge?

Again, would your values be better served if they divorced?