PDA

View Full Version : Fred Phelps Is Truly Nuckin' Futz

gblowfish
08-07-2007, 07:44 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/08/07/fred-phelps-minn-bridge/

Right-Wing Preacher Plans Funeral Protest Against Victims of Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

Right-wing preacher Fred Phelps’ “anti-gay hate group Westboro Baptist Church” has traveled the country disrupting military funerals. His cult has picketed dozens of burial services with messages such as “Thank God For AIDS” and “God Hates Fags.” Phelps is once again exploiting calamity and catastrophe to promote his right-wing cause. Minnesota Monitor reports:

The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., plans to stage protests at funerals of victims of the 35W bridge collapse to state that God made the bridge fall because he hates America, and especially Minnesota, because of its tolerance of homosexuality.

a1na2
08-07-2007, 10:54 PM

Right-Wing Preacher Plans Funeral Protest Against Victims of Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

Right-wing preacher Fred Phelps’ “anti-gay hate group Westboro Baptist Church” has traveled the country disrupting military funerals. His cult has picketed dozens of burial services with messages such as “Thank God For AIDS” and “God Hates Fags.” Phelps is once again exploiting calamity and catastrophe to promote his right-wing cause. Minnesota Monitor reports:

The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., plans to stage protests at funerals of victims of the 35W bridge collapse to state that God made the bridge fall because he hates America, and especially Minnesota, because of its tolerance of homosexuality.

Fred Phelps is a walking, talking advertisement for the need for family planning.

His contention, spelled out in the original post, is neither biblical nor anywhere near correct. Most Christian religions recognize the gay lifestyle as a sin, it's even mentioned as one of the reasons that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed. But it wasn't the sinner that God hates, it's the sin and sin of any kind fits that statement. God hates all sin, I think the non-repentance of those in S & G was the cause of the destruction.

I'm sure that God has concern for every nation on the earth and his wrath may be sent out, but who here, or in Topeka, speaks for God and what he is or will be doing?

ClevelandBronco
08-07-2007, 10:54 PM

That "right wing preacher" is a Democrat.

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I honestly think they'll get shot. People up here are very nice, but I'm pretty sure this won't play.

MGRS13
08-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Doesnt matter how you try to spin it the guy is a FAR RIGHT FANATIC.

ClevelandBronco
08-07-2007, 11:14 PM

You're the one who's spinning. The fact is the guy's a Democrat.

ClevelandBronco
08-07-2007, 11:17 PM

Hey, I understand that you're embarrassed by the guy. We have plenty on our side that embarrass me.

But the fact remains, he's yours, not ours.

Brock
08-07-2007, 11:18 PM

You don't know what you're talking about, obviously.

HolmeZz
08-07-2007, 11:37 PM

So you believe he's a left wing fanatic?

ClevelandBronco
08-07-2007, 11:42 PM
So you believe he's a left wing fanatic?

No. He's just another Democrat.

HolmeZz
08-07-2007, 11:52 PM
No. He's just another Democrat.

So if he's a right wing fanatic, what the f*ck are you bitching about? There was nothing inaccurate about the write-up.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 12:19 AM
So if he's a right wing fanatic, what the f*ck are you bitching about? There was nothing inaccurate about the write-up.

I didn't say he's a right wing fanatic. I said he's a Democrat.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 12:21 AM
So he's not left and he's not right? Where exactly does he fall on the political spectrum?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 12:21 AM

Maybe he's something entirely new: a right wing fanatic Democrat.

Maybe not.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 12:22 AM
So he's not left and he's not right? Where exactly does he fall on the political spectrum?

On your side. Live with it.

SBK
08-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Haha, right wing nut democrat......That's a new one!

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 12:27 AM
On your side. Live with it.

He's not on my 'side' as I'm not a Democrat. Unless you think Fred Phelps is liberal.

You're the one who can't seem to live with it which is why you can't make a cogent argument. 'Democrat' and 'Republican' are parties. They don't tell you exactly where somebody lies in the political spectrum. There are Democrats who are more conservative than Republicans and Republicans more liberal than Democrats.

Now please, where does Fred Phelps fall? Is he a moderate?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 12:34 AM
He's not on my 'side' as I'm not a Democrat. Unless you think Fred Phelps is liberal.

You're the one who can't seem to live with it which is why you can't make a cogent argument. 'Democrat' and 'Republican' are parties. They don't tell you exactly where somebody lies in the political spectrum. There are Democrats who are more conservative than Republicans and Republicans more liberal than Democrats.

Now please, where does Fred Phelps fall? Is he a moderate?

Yes, yes. We all know that you like to think of yourself as a middle of the road guy. You're the salt of the earth, HolmeZz. Exactly what the founding fathers wished for as they spread their seed into Mother America.

I stand in awe.

Fred Phelps is a Democrat. That's all I've said. Do you really need more?

EDIT: Forgot a comma.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 12:39 AM
...Now please, where does Fred Phelps fall? Is he a moderate?

According to the article he's a right wing fanatical Democrat. I'm sure that makes perfect sense to everyone.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes, yes. We all know that you like to think of yourself as a middle of the road guy.

I'm liberal.

You're the salt of the earth HolmeZz. Exactly what the founding fathers wished for as they spread their seed into Mother America.

Why thank you.

Fred Phelps is a Democrat. That's all I've said. Do you really need more?

You were taking exception to the term 'right-wing fanatic, yet you can't even say where you think he lies in the political spectrum.

If you only recognize 'Democrat' and 'Republican' as labels, why are you getting upset and arguing against the term right-wing fanatic? According to you, there is no right-wing or left-wing. Just Dem or Rep.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 12:47 AM
According to the article he's a right wing fanatical Democrat. I'm sure that makes perfect sense to everyone.

You can align yourself with whatever f*cking party you want to. There are Democrats more conservative than some Republicans and some Republicans more liberal than Democrats.

Are you arguing that because he's a Democrat Fred Phelps is liberal?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 12:49 AM
According to you, there is no right-wing or left-wing. Just Dem or Rep.

They're the only labels that matter in national politics.

Did I get upset? I'll have to watch that and attempt to keep it in check.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 12:50 AM
You can align yourself with whatever f*cking party you want to. There are Democrats more conservative than some Republicans and some Republicans more liberal than Democrats.

Oops, there I go, getting upset again.

patteeu
08-08-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm liberal.

Why thank you.

You were taking exception to the term 'right-wing fanatic, yet you can't even say where you think he lies in the political spectrum.

If you only recognize 'Democrat' and 'Republican' as labels, why are you getting upset and arguing against the term right-wing fanatic? According to you, there is no right-wing or left-wing. Just Dem or Rep.

Why does it bother you so much that Cleveland pointed out that Phelps is a democrat? That's a fact. Trying to characterize him as right wing or left wing is a far less objective process. He doesn't fit well in any group of liberals or conservatives that I know.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Why does it bother you so much that Cleveland pointed out that Phelps is a democrat? That's a fact.

Because he was trying to argue that the article was somehow inaccurate because it said right-wing fanatic. Then he proceeded to dodge every question I asked him about where Phelps fell in the political spectrum. He takes exception to the term 'right-wing', but seems reluctant to even acknowledge that a right and left wing exist. Obviously there is a political spectrum. All Republicans and Democrats are not alike.

Characterizing him as right wing or left wing isn't nearly as objective. He doesn't fit well in any group of liberals or conservatives that I know.

Neither do most nut-jobs. That's why they're the far extreme on both sides of the spectrum.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 01:07 AM
They're the only labels that matter in national politics.

The labels mean nothing and you've only been making my point. Is Fred Phelps liberal because he calls himself a Democrat? What are his positions on things like abortion and gay rights?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:13 AM
Because he was trying to argue that the article was somehow inaccurate because it said right-wing fanatic. Then he proceeded to dodge every question I asked him about where Phelps fell in the political spectrum. He takes exception to the term 'right-wing', but seems reluctant to even acknowledge that a right and left wing exist. Obviously there is a political spectrum. All Republicans and Democrats are not alike.

Neither do most nut-jobs. That's why they're the far extreme on both sides of the spectrum.

This isn't so hard to figure out, HolmeZz.

The article was somehow inaccurate because it said "right wing fanatic."
Phelps can't be placed on any intelligible political spectrum, even though both a right wing and a left wing do indeed exist.

Does that satisfy you?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:19 AM
The labels mean nothing and you've only been making my point. Is Fred Phelps liberal because he calls himself a Democrat? What are his positions on things like abortion and gay rights?

I'm surprised to hear that you have a point and that I've been able to assist you in making it clear to everyone except me.

Fred Phelps is clearly not a "left wing" Democrat when it comes to positions such as gay rights and abortion, but I doubt those are the issues that made him a Democrat.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 01:20 AM
The article was somehow inaccurate because it said "right wing fanatic."
Phelps can't be placed on any intelligible political spectrum

Hence why he's a 'fanatic' (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fanatic).

Nobody's saying Phelps is reasonable. Nobody's saying Phelps is somehow representative of anybody in the right-wing.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Hence why he's a 'fanatic' (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fanatic).

Nobody's saying Phelps is reasonable. Nobody's saying Phelps is somehow representative of anybody in the right-wing.

Nor is he necessarily representative of his fellow Democrats.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:26 AM
It's been fun tweaking a liberal tonight, HolmeZz. Sleep well.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Fred Phelps is clearly not a "left wing" Democrat when it comes to positions such as gay rights and abortion, but I doubt those are the issues that made him a Democrat.

They're what define him in the political spectrum.

Why would you use the term 'Democrat' to describe his political ideologies if all Democrats are different?(which you're saying is true, seeing how you say his stances aren't left-wing).

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:30 AM
...Why would you use the term 'Democrat' to describe his political ideologies...(?)

Because he does.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:33 AM
They're what define him in the political spectrum.

Why would you use the term 'Democrat' to describe his political ideologies if all Democrats are different?(which you're saying is true, seeing how you say his stances aren't left-wing).

Seriously, why does it bother you that I've pointed out the fact that the guy is a Democrat?

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Because he does.

You've been missing the point all night. People can align themselves with whatever party they want to.

You've said all Democrats have differences in their political philosophies. So how can you use the term Democrat to describe a particular person's ideology when every Dem is different? You can't and that's why you don't paint broad strokes with Democrats and Republicans. You can have a Pro-Choice Republican and a Pro-Life Democrat. What good do labels do you there?

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Seriously, why does it bother you that I've pointed out the fact that the guy is a Democrat?

You were using it to prove that 'right-wing fanatic' was inaccurate. You've been unable to show how that's the case.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:53 AM
You've been missing the point all night. People can align themselves with whatever party they want to.

You've said all Democrats have differences in their political philosophies. So how can you use the term Democrat to describe a particular person's ideology when every Dem is different? You can't and that's why you don't paint broad strokes with Democrats and Republicans. You can a Pro-Choice Republican and a Pro-Life Democrat. What good do the labels do you there?

I said all Democrats have differences in their political philosophies? No, I doubt that I said that. Maybe you thought you read it. I can't say for sure.

Since that point is still in contention, your first question doesn't make much sense to me.

What good do the labels do? They calculate electoral votes, they determine committee assignments, and they've put you on tilt tonight. Maybe that's enough.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 01:57 AM
You were using it to prove that 'right-wing fanatic' was inaccurate. You've been unable to show how that's the case.

I already admitted that he could be the first right wing fanatical Democrat on record. As long as you're willing to believe that, I'll run with it.

But maybe, just maybe, he's still a liberal. At any rate, he's a Democrat.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-08-2007, 01:58 AM
This is truly and honestly the very best Fred Phelps thread I have ever read.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 02:05 AM
I said all Democrats have differences in their political philosophies? No, I doubt that I said that. Maybe you thought you read it.

Nope, here's you acknowledging not all Democrats are the same:

Fred Phelps is clearly not a "left wing" Democrat

And yet you've been steadfast in your belief that you can describe someone's political philosophies and ideologies with the term 'Democrat' despite your acknowledgment that Democrats can and do have different views.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Nope, here's you acknowledging not all Democrats are the same:

You should reread what you wrote. You said that I said that "all Democrats have differences in their political philosophies."

See? It's right here:

You've said all Democrats have differences in their political philosophies...

I didn't say that. I said that Fred Phelps isn't a left wing Democrat. There's a pretty glaring difference.

And yet you've been steadfast in your belief that you can describe someone's political philosophies and ideologies with the term 'Democrat' despite your acknowledgment that Democrats can and do have different views.

Of course they can and do have different views. Mr. Phelps' views are among the "different" views that some Democrats have.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 02:18 AM
This is truly and honestly the very best Fred Phelps thread I have ever read.

Well, it's really just the two of us trying to distance ourselves from the Rev. Mr. Phelps, but it's been fun.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 02:30 AM
You should reread what you wrote. You said that I said that "all Democrats have differences in their political philosophies."

See? It's right here:

I didn't say that. I said that Fred Phelps isn't a left wing Democrat. There's a pretty glaring difference.

Holy Hell. You're admitting there are different types of Democrats. That means they all aren't the same, hence why it's illogical to describe someone's beliefs as 'Democrat'

Take this analogy. You have two Democrats. One's a liberal dude. The other's pretty conservative(fiscally and socially). Would you use the term Democrat to describe both of their beliefs? How accurate can that term be if it encompasses people with two vastly different ideologies?

There are differences. Even when people are running for office, they make the distinction by referring to themselves as Moderate/Liberal/Conservative.

Of course they can and do have different views. Mr. Phelps' views are among the "different" views that some Democrats have.

Republicans too!

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Holy Hell. You're admitting there are different types of Democrats. That means they all aren't the same, hence why it's illogical to describe someone's beliefs as 'Democrat.'

Take this analogy. You have two Democrats. One's a liberal dude. The other's pretty conservative(fiscally and socially). Would you use the term Democrat to describe both of their beliefs? How accurate can that term be if it encompasses people with two vastly different ideologies?

There are differences. Even when people are running for office, they make the distinction by referring to themselves as Moderate/Liberal/Conservative.

Republicans too!

On your first point: Yeah, but that's not what you said. Go back and read your post.

Second: The guy is a Democrat despite what you think of his beliefs.

Third: (You're asking me to imagine a fiscally and socially conservative Democrat? Okay, but if I have an aneurism I hope you know what to do.) If they're both truly Democrats, then I'd go waaaay out on a limb and call them Democrats. The same way I'd call a socially conservative Republican and a fiscally conservative Republican members of the same GOP.

Yes, yes, there are differences. Let's not try to make conversation over obvious points.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Republicans too!

But we're not discussing a Republican. We're discussing a Democrat, the Rev. Fred Phelps.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 02:52 AM
HolmezZ: Unless you're in freaking New Zealand, you're going to sleep before I am.

Let. It. Go.

ChiefaRoo
08-08-2007, 02:56 AM
Yes, he is a literally loon and a sad, dark souled human being. He makes me sick but I also feel sorry for him and his family. That being said. Didn't you guys already know he was insane?

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 03:00 AM
On your first point: Yeah, but that's not what you said. Go back and read your post.

You're just struggling with the English language. Your admission that there are different types of Democrats means they aren't all the same(therefore, there are different kinds!).

Second: The guy is a Democrat despite what you think of his beliefs.

He's a right-wing fanatic, despite what you think of his beliefs.

For what it's worth, I've never even said Phelps isn't a Democrat. You just haven't been able to show how the original article is inaccurate.

Third: (You're asking me to imagine a fiscally and socially conservative Democrat? Okay, but if I have an aneurism I hope you know what to do.)

You should probably get out more. There are people on both sides who fall into these categories.

If they're both truly Democrats, then I'd go waaaay out on a limb and call them Democrats.

You can call them Democrats. What I'm saying is that you can't regard their philosophies as 'Democrat' if they both run contradictory to one another.

But we're not discussing a Republican. We're discussing a Democrat, the Rev. Fred Phelps.

Again you whiff on the point. You can have that belief and be a Republican or a Democrat. That's why you don't use the labels to describe someone's philosophy.

And yes, I'm heading to bed. It's 4 AM.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 03:04 AM
Yes, he is a literally loon and a sad, dark souled human being. He makes me sick but I also feel sorry for him and his family. That being said. Didn't you guys already know he was insane?

I know that the Rev. Phelps claims to be in intimate contact with the same God I pray to, and before I ask him to remove the speck from his eye, there are a couple or more planks I need to remove from my own.

Better men than I am should do what they can do to reign in Mr. Phelps.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 03:20 AM
You're just struggling with the English language. Your admission that there are different types of Democrats means they aren't all the same(therefore, there are different kinds!).

Please, let's not resort to insults or belittlements of each others' abilities to understand what we've written. I struggle with the English language? Save that insult for the boys from the farm, HolmeZz.

He's a right-wing fanatic, despite what you think of his beliefs.

For what it's worth, I've never even said Phelps isn't a Democrat. You just haven't been able to show how the original article is inaccurate.

You should probably get out more. There are people on both sides who fall into these categories.

You can call them Democrats. What I'm saying is that you can't regard their philosophies as 'Democrat' if they both run contradictory to one another.

I should "get out more?" C'mon HolmeZz. That's lame BB baiting. You're just getting upset again, and there's no reason for it.

The original article called the man a "Right Wing Preacher." I pointed out only that he is a Democrat and you've taken almost four hours out of your night to try to prove that I've said something different.

I haven't.

He's a Democrat lunatic.

And I'm left with trying to figure out why that bothers you.

patteeu
08-08-2007, 08:31 AM

As I already explained, the article would have been much more objectively accurate if they'd described him as a democrat rather than a right winger. That's what I got from Cleveland's post.

Except that this nutjob's views are not an extreme version of being right wing. For your information, there's plenty of opposition to homosexuality in the left wing and there's plenty of tolerance of homosexuality in the right wing (and vice versa).

patteeu
08-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Holy Hell. You're admitting there are different types of Democrats. That means they all aren't the same, hence why it's illogical to describe someone's beliefs as 'Democrat'

How is this any different than you trying to say that Phelps is a right winger but then "admitting" that not all right wingers are like Phelps? If we accept your preferred label, how is it any more descriptive of Phelps than "democrat" would be if we agree that Phelps isn't what people might think of as the typical democrat or the typical right winger? Both labels seem to have major flaws in terms of how well they describe Phelps. Given this, why not go with the objectively true label and call him a democrat if we have to label him at all?

Mi_chief_fan
08-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Democrat, Republican, doesn't matter. The only important things to remember is he's a loon, and low and behold, from Kansas. Whoever woulda thunk it?

Duck Dog
08-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Clearly Phelps is on a political scale all his own regardless of his affiliation to the Democratic party.

Jilly
08-08-2007, 10:31 AM
He's still an idiot....whatever party he belongs to....but I will admit it makes me EXTREMELY angry that he calls himself a Christian.

banyon
08-08-2007, 11:21 AM
He gives his $ to Republicans like Phil Kline, so the actual label (much like Kotter's self labeling as a "democrat") is virtually a misnomer.

banyon
08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
this does seem like a new low though for the Phelps gang. Probably just another desperate ploy to get someone to pay attention to them and their delusional rantings.

Jilly
08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
In actuality, the thought did cross my mind that when the Minnesota thing happened that some person somewhere would wave a flag saying it was because they tolerate homosexuality.

SBK
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
If Phelps was around and was from Japan I'm sure he would have picketed Hiroshima and Nagasaki for their beliefs too.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 05:44 PM
It's probably my fault as a Christian who supports gay marriage.

jAZ
08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Haha, right wing nut democrat......That's a new one!
Put the word "democrat" in quotes and you have Kotter.

nlm

Sully
08-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I have no problem believing he's a Dem. He's most likely a one-issue voter, and bases his decision on freedom of speech. That's certainly what his family of lawyers are the most well-versed in. Democrats, IMO, seem more tolerant of allowing even the worst in society to have access to those types of rights.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I have a question for HolmezZ since we're discussing the political spectrum and Dems/Pubs:

You say you're not associated with the Democratic party. I take that to mean officially, only. Is it that they're too right-wing for you? Or too left-wing?

Do you belong to any other party? If so which one?

I have a question for ClevelandBronco:

Why does a non-Chief's fan get a sig line when the rest of us can't have one?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I have no problem believing he's a Dem. He's most likely a one-issue voter, and bases his decision on freedom of speech. That's certainly what his family of lawyers are the most well-versed in. Democrats, IMO, seem more tolerant of allowing even the worst in society to have access to those types of rights.

I support your right to say something just that silly.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Why does a non-Chief's fan get a sig line when the rest of us can't have one?

Good question. It's not an option for you?

Adept Havelock
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM

Makes as much sense as any other theory. Perhaps a bit more, though I think both parties have plenty of members who are pretty quick to try to suppress speech they don't like.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Good question. It's not an option for you?
I had a pic when I first came but they turned it off. It was a Skip peanut butter jar. Only Chief's are allowed,per what I was told, but it seems you slipped through the cracks.http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6492/iluvskip6wr.jpg
I put it up because he was giving me the noob hazing...all in fun of course!

Sully
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Makes as much sense as any other theory. Perhaps a bit more, though I think both parties have plenty of members who are pretty quick to try to suppress speech they don't like.
I'm (very unscientifically) basing my opinion on the conversations I've had with liberals and conservatives I've been around, including on the internet... where I hear things like they should make a law against his type of protest, etc mainly from conservative types.
I will yield to the fact that libs have made some dumbass attempts to supress stuff they don't want to hear... but I'd bet the ACLU, who is typically trying to support Phelp's speech is more thana simple majority a Democrat-identified organization, far more than a Repub-identified one.

Adept Havelock
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm (very unscientifically) basing my opinion on the conversations I've had with liberals and conservatives I've been around, including on the internet... where I hear things like they should make a law against his type of protest, etc mainly from conservative types.
I will yield to the fact that libs have made some dumbass attempts to supress stuff they don't want to hear... but I'd bet the ACLU, who is typically trying to support Phelp's speech is more thana simple majority a Democrat-identified organization, far more than a Repub-identified one.

With that clarification, I think you are correct.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 06:33 PM
With that clarification, I think you are correct.

I thought he was masturbasting.

HolmeZz
08-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I have a question for HolmezZ since we're discussing the political spectrum and Dems/Pubs:

You say you're not associated with the Democratic party. I take that to mean officially, only. Is it that they're too right-wing for you? Or too left-wing?

Officially and unofficially. I've never been a fan of the party system. I'm not interested in toeing the party line or trying to make myself agree with every decision a particular party makes. I can speak for myself. I consider myself to be a liberal thinker so I'm going to be more in line with Democratic party on certain issues, but not a fan of most of it's leadership and no desire to align myself with them or anybody else.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you.

redbrian
08-08-2007, 07:08 PM

Why is it that Sharpton and Jackson are not labled left-wing preachers?

Why not just call Phelps what he is "nut job preacher" and leave it at that.

Thig Lyfe
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Is Garrison Keillor gonna have to choke a bitch?

banyon
08-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I had a pic when I first came but they turned it off. It was a Skip peanut butter jar. Only Chief's are allowed,per what I was told, but it seems you slipped through the cracks.http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/6492/iluvskip6wr.jpg
I put it up because he was giving me the noob hazing...all in fun of course!

It looks like they deleted your sig because it was too tall (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_signature_size__faq).

By 30 pixels. They are kind of strict about that and don't always give you a warning. Email a mod and plead you'll do better and I'm sure they will let your have your peanut butter back.

Lzen
08-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Democrat, Republican, doesn't matter. The only important things to remember is he's a loon, and low and behold, from Kansas. Whoever woulda thunk it?

Yeah, because everyone knows that all Kansans are loons. :rolleyes:

Jenson71
08-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, because everyone knows that all Kansas are loons. :rolleyes:

That is what the matter with Kansas is.

Mi_chief_fan
08-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, because everyone knows that all Kansans are loons. :rolleyes:

At the ones in the news are. Phelps, BTK, the brothers from Wichita who killed & raped the young couple and claimed it wasn't a hate crime, The guy who just kidnapped that girl from Wal-Mart..................I could go on (Bob Dole). Just seems like people from Kansas are, well different.