PDA

View Full Version : Well done IdahoJim

Phobia
05-04-2001, 02:04 PM
This piece of work - directly from one of our members, folks.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/latest/mainnews.asp?cat=22

keg in kc
05-04-2001, 03:04 PM
Hear hear! Nice work!

Rausch
05-04-2001, 04:24 PM
I don't agree with every point, but a well written article...

Better than many Whitlock offerings anyway!! :-)#

DaWolf
05-04-2001, 05:43 PM
Props on the article, Jim. Nice to get a fresh perspective outside of Rufus or Gretz...

Luzap
05-04-2001, 11:16 PM
Great article.

Luz
always a chiefs fan...

Idahojim
05-04-2001, 11:33 PM
Glad you liked the column. I really enjoyed writing it. And many thanks to the Chiefs for allowing me to write it.

Bulletin boards are nice, and I enjoy this one. But being able to talk face-to-face with a real red-blooded fan is something I miss.

Chiefsplanet.com is the next best thing to being there.

Much better than another bulletin board that recently spit the bit.

Go Chiefs. 2001 is going to be a run ride.

Idahojim
05-04-2001, 11:48 PM
Make that a fun ride. Will be more and better running than we've seen recently. But I don't think running is what people will think about when they think of the new Chiefs.

LapDog
05-05-2001, 01:14 AM
I like the comment about Glock sucking wind.
"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll... fall on my butt!"

LapDog

TCB
05-05-2001, 07:24 AM
Jim, the article is a pretty good reflection of how the majority of Chiefs fans feel about the changes this off season and what the upcoming season will bring.

I believe that the Chiefs will catch a lot of people off guard this year, especially on the defensive side. I was skeptical at first about the hiring of Vermeil but if nothing else he has shown that he can handle the press in K.C. That in itself is very refreshing. For now we seem to be able to focus on the players and not the coach and his staff.

I do not agree with your reply about how wonderful this BB is. The damn thing has too many whistles and bells! The pictures and all are nice and some are quite humorous but all I really want to do is talk football. I, for one, do not have the time (or the brains) to figure all this out. About the time I think I am getting used to it the damn thing goes down for some grand improvement.

ken man.....wishes his TV still had knobs

Idahojim
05-05-2001, 08:12 AM
I'm not big on the bells and whistles, either. The simpler the better for someone like me - basically a mechanical retard. And it drives me crazy that the initial threads are at the end.

But I was referring to the people who post here and most of what they post. It's a good group of folks who mostly talk football.

But I'm afraid my posts are and shall remain just dullish words sans graphics. More power to those folks who know what they are doing. I am humbled in their presence.

Bob Dole
05-05-2001, 09:23 AM
Bob Dole feels your pain, Jim.

Living here in Northeast Texas, there are only two teams in the NFL: the Cowboys and whoever they happen to be playing that week.

Nice article.

chief52
05-05-2001, 10:02 AM
Nice article Jim. I can relate to the isolation, but wish you had not taken a soft shot at California! Do not tell anyone, but some of California is every bit as clean, rural and remote as Idaho! They can have everything from the Bay Area down, however...that way they get to keep Al Davis where ever he ends up!!!

Phobia
05-05-2001, 12:22 PM
Everybody knows that northern-most Cali isn't REALLY the cali that the movies and media depict. Don't they?

One Arrowhead Dave
05-05-2001, 12:26 PM
Jim-

Great article and a very enjoyable read. I like the different thoughts in the piece.

GO CHIEFS

Warrior5
05-05-2001, 09:14 PM
Well said...I used to live in New Mexico, and I was the lone Chief minority in a melting pot of Cowboy and Donkey fans.