08-08-2007, 11:34 AM
http://www.towardfreedom.com/home/content/view/911/

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
We are one major terrorist attack away

Hydrae
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Old article (October 06)

All I know is that I am holding my breath for the next 17 months until that man is out of office. Until then, I do not feel completely safe from my own government. How sad is that?

Brock
08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Old article (October 06)

All I know is that I am holding my breath for the next 17 months until that man is out of office. Until then, I do not feel completely safe from my own government. How sad is that?

It didn't start with Bush and it isn't going to end with him.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Old article (October 06)

I don't think I will feel safe afterwords, how sad is that?

Hydrae
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't think I will feel safe afterwords, how sad is that?

True enough. All I know is that I don't like the highway we are on as a country and DC seems to be wanting to step on the gas pedal.

And I agree, this will not end when Bush is gone. He is just the current face of the problem.

So, when do we take our country back?

Cochise
08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Bush iz gonna make teh marshal lawz... O Noez... We = doomed... LMAO

If you guys think he's going to declare indefinite martial law even if there was a new terrorist attack, I don't know what to tell you. You might check the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector.

StcChief
08-08-2007, 12:17 PM
The needs out of the many out way the needs of the few. Rack 'em.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
True enough. All I know is that I don't like the highway we are on as a country and DC seems to be wanting to step on the gas pedal.

And I agree, this will not end when Bush is gone. He is just the current face of the problem.

So, when do we take our country back?

As long as there is cake on the table we won't be able to. This is the model all great civilizations fall from. If we could harden in the near future we would stand a chance of being great for a very long time. I just don't see it happening though. At this point in my life I need to stay focased on the things I can control. If the government becomes to invasive I will eventually leave. You will know we are past the point of no return when they take the guns from civilians.

Pitt Gorilla
08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
The needs out of the many out way the needs of the few. Rack 'em.
WTF?

Brock
08-08-2007, 12:22 PM
We got past the point of no return when they started illegally garnishing our wages. They'll let you keep most of your stuff as long as you don't interrupt the revenue stream.

Pitt Gorilla
08-08-2007, 12:23 PM
As long as there is cake on the table we won't be able to. This is the model all great civilizations fall from. If we could harden in the near future we would stand a chance of being great for a very long time. I just don't see it happening though. At this point in my life I need to stay focased on the things I can control. If the government becomes to invasive I will eventually leave. You will know we are past the point of no return when they take the guns from civilians.
I thought the "Patriot" act was a pretty good indication of the point of no return.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I thought the "Patriot" act was a pretty good indication of the point of no return.

Pretty much.

Pitt Gorilla
08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
We got past the point of no return when they started illegally garnishing our wages. They'll let you keep most of your stuff as long as you don't interrupt the revenue stream.How else will they fund the military that keeps us "safe?"

Brock
08-08-2007, 12:26 PM
How else will they fund the military that keeps us "safe?"

If only that was the problem.

Hog Farmer
08-08-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO504B.html

Logical
08-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Depressing thread

ChiefaRoo
08-08-2007, 02:39 PM
No. Next question.

irishjayhawk
08-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Depressing thread

Only because it gets truer every day.

Adept Havelock
08-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Based on our reaction to 9/11, IMO a terrorist nuclear strike on a major population center would result in a security state that is no longer recognizable as the nation established by the Constitution of the United States.

At that point, the terrorists will have won because "America" will no longer exist, just an authoritarian security state that appropriated the name.

JMO.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Based on our reaction to 9/11, IMO a terrorist nuclear strike on a major population center would result in a security state that is no longer recognizable as the nation established by the Constitution of the United States.

At that point, the terrorists will have won because "America" will no longer exist, just an authoritarian security state that appropriated the name.

JMO.

The united States would then be a Military State and you sir are absolutely correct in your assessment.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
...If the government becomes to invasive I will eventually leave.

And go where?

keg in kc
08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Martial Law and the suspension of the 22nd Amendment, that's my fear.

jAZ
08-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Looks like Pakistan is showing us how it's done.

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/003889.php

Pakistan Set for State of Emergency?
By Spencer Ackerman - August 8, 2007, 6:19 PM
It's been a stormy day for Pervez Musharraf. First he blows off a joint Afghan-Pakistan anti-terrorism conference. Now Pakistani TV is reporting that Musharraf may declare a state of emergency.

An aide to the president, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, said Musharraf was due to meet with Cabinet ministers, the attorney-general and leaders from the ruling party on Thursday to discuss whether an emergency should be declared.
He did not expect a declaration of an emergency in the early hours of Thursday.

"I cannot say that it will be tonight, tomorrow or later. We hope that it does not happen," [Information Minister Tariq] Azim said. "But we are going through difficult circumstances so the possibility of an emergency cannot be ruled out."

This could turn out to be nothing, of course. But if it happens, it would represent quite the kiss-off to Washington.

Musharraf is incensed that U.S. intelligence officials and the Democratic presidential candidates have accused him of insufficient action against terrorism. He also faces a precarious political situation: practically every segment of the population is sick of him, but he wants to be reelected as president while still serving as Army chief of staff.

And there's his quandary. In Pakistan, the assemblies and the parliament elect the president. If he waits for those new provincial elections before running again, he might not be re-elected. And if he runs before the elections, in September or October, he might face Supreme Court challenges over his continued role as both civilian and military leader, further deepening his political crisis -- especially given that his political woes began after he sacked the nation's top jurist.

Much easier, by contrast, to declare a state of emergency and defer elections for a year or so, which might buy Musharraf some time. Furthermore, he can blame the emergency on a rising jihadist threat -- precisely the one that the U.S. is warning about, thereby dampening criticism from Washington about democratic niceties. It wouldn't be unusual: on an official visit in June, Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte said -- contrary to Pakistan's constitution -- that Musharraf can decide for himself whether to step down as Army chief of staff.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Martial Law and the suspension of the 22nd Amendment, that's my fear.
This has passed through my mind as well. Dictatorship.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
And go where?

I haven't decided yet. I get hot on different areas, Argentina right now. I havent done all my due diligence yet. hopefully that is a ways away.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Maybe all us freedom lovers could all pitch in to buy an island and be it's own independent nation. Sorta like Hong Kong but really independent. Call it Liberia...oops! that's been done...er' Freedoma or somethin'. We can trade with the world, have no IRS and mind our own business but be armed to the teeth.

StcChief
08-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Will stay in MO where plenty of real Americans are armed to the teeth. :D

Adept Havelock
08-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Maybe all us freedom lovers could all pitch in to buy an island and be it's own independent nation. Sorta like Hong Kong but really independent. Call it Liberia...oops! that's been done...er' Freedoma or somethin'. We can trade with the world, have no IRS and mind our own business but be armed to the teeth.

In that case, I'd like to nominate Big Daddy as SecDef, Chief4ever as Chairman of the JCS, and myself as Minister of Hedonism.

On second thought, I don't want that much responsibility.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
In that case, I'd like to nominate Big Daddy as SecDef, Chief4ever as Chairman of the JCS, and myself as Minister of Hedonism.

On second thought, I don't want that much responsibility.

We don't need that much structure....this is "Freedoma"....and we'd mind our own business so no Minister of Hedonism to ensure hedonism is practiced as the true thing and not some apostate version...wait a minute isn't having that the opposite of hedonism? Might as well have a sub-Minister of Gluttony too.

Oh and patty can come visit under close scrutiny of the state.

penchief
08-08-2007, 05:16 PM
We are one major terrorist attack away

I think you're right. The clampdown has been underway ever since 9/11. While martial law may not be declared outrightly (that's not their style), our rights and freedoms as Americans will be drastically altered to more easily accomodate central control and, in general, fascism.

I fear this could possibly happen before the next inauguration.

Adept Havelock
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
We don't need that much structure....this is "Freedoma"....and we'd mind our own business so no Minister of Hedonism to ensure hedonism is practiced as the true thing and not some apostate version...wait a minute isn't having that the opposite of hedonism? Might as well have a sub-Minister of Gluttony too.

Oh and patty can come visit under close scrutiny of the state.

LMAO

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I haven't decided yet. I get hot on different areas, Argentina right now. I havent done all my due diligence yet. hopefully that is a ways away.

You're going to Argentina to find freedom. Good luck with that.

penchief
08-08-2007, 05:47 PM
You're going to Argentina to find freedom. Good luck with that.

Who knows, by the time he leaves this country Argentina might be ranked higher in per capita freedom than the U.S. That's the way it seems to be heading, anyway.

Can you help us turn that trend around, fellow American?

Brock
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I think you're right. The clampdown has been underway ever since 9/11.

Sure, if that's when you started paying attention.

penchief
08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Sure, if that's when you started paying attention.

Let's just say it went into overdrive.

redbrian
08-08-2007, 06:02 PM

Hail Hail Fredonia land of the brave.....to war to war......

Watch out for the black helo's and the Tri-Lateral Commision.

LMAO

ChiefaRoo
08-08-2007, 06:02 PM
'tard thread.

Brock
08-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Let's just say it went into overdrive.

something tells me you didn't raise much of a fuss when Clinton sold us out to Mexico and also decided that the second amendment means what Sarah Brady thinks it means. I guess it just depends on what rights are important to you....

noa
08-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Hail Hail Fredonia land of the brave.....to war to war......

Watch out for the black helo's and the Tri-Lateral Commision.

LMAO

This calls for Rufus T. Firefly!

redbrian
08-08-2007, 06:11 PM
This calls for Rufus T. Firefly!

Yes only he can save us LMAO

I'd be unworthy of the high trust that's been placed in me if I didn't do everything in my power to keep our beloved Freedonia in peace with the world. I'd be only too happy to meet with Ambassador Trentino, and offer him on behalf of my country the right hand of good fellowship. And I feel sure he will accept this gesture in the spirit of which it is offered. But suppose he doesn't. A fine thing that'll be. I hold out my hand and he refuses to accept. That'll add a lot to my prestige, won't it? Me, the head of a country, snubbed by a forgein ambassador. Who does he think he is, that he can come here, and make a sap of me in front of all my people? Think of it - I hold out my hand and that hyena refuses to accept. Why, the cheap ball-pushing swine, he'll never get away with it I tell you, he'll never get away with it.

penchief
08-08-2007, 06:16 PM
something tells me you didn't raise much of a fuss when Clinton sold us out to Mexico and also decided that the second amendment means what Sarah Brady thinks it means. I guess it just depends on what rights are important to you....

I will tell you that I opposed NAFTA. But what's going on now is beyond ridiculous. It's so apparent that we are being stripped of not only our sovereignty, but also our domestic legal rights.

Honestly, I don't think we're going to salvage it. We the people, no longer have the power. I think our liberty is lost along with our country.

Soon there will be nothing to argue about anymore. And people who have argued in favor of what has been happening the past several years are guilty of aiding and abetting the eco-political coup that will ultimately seal our country's fate.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Fredonia?

Does this mean Fred Thompson's gonna win? :hmmm:

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Who knows, by the time he leaves this country Argentina might be ranked higher in per capita freedom than the U.S. That's the way it seems to be heading, anyway.

Can you help us turn that trend around, fellow American?

No, thanks. I like the way things are going here.

penchief
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
No, thanks. I like the way things are going here.

So you approve of the government posessing unchecked power?

You approve of the accelerated stripping of our civil liberties justified by the fear of terrorism?

You approve of that giant vacuum cleaner in the sky set on 'bare floor' sucking up every kernel of justice and economic fairness that is left just so the very few can possess everything?

You approve of young men and women dying in the desert for the above purpose?

You approve of lying the United States into a military occupation?

You approve of a government that belittles its opponents and detractors while operating in total secrecy?

You approve of a government that believes it has the right to invade our privacy without cause?

You're okay that our government has usurped the power to deprive you of your right to answer charges brought against you?

You approve of torture?

Of course you know I could go on but knowing you the way I do, I'm sure this getting quite boring for you.

alnorth
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Wow... so much tinfoil concentrated in one small area. At this rate I fear I will lack the necessary materials to cook a potato on the grill by the end of summer.

Taco John
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM
We got past the point of no return when they started illegally garnishing our wages. They'll let you keep most of your stuff as long as you don't interrupt the revenue stream.

You sound like a Ron Paul supporter. Have you examined him at all?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 09:39 PM
So you approve of the government posessing unchecked power?

You approve of the accelerated stripping of our civil liberties justified by the fear of terrorism?

You approve of that giant vacuum cleaner in the sky set on 'bare floor' sucking up every kernel of justice and economic fairness that is left just so the very few can possess everything?

You approve of young men and women dying in the desert for the above purpose?

You approve of lying the United States into a military occupation?

You approve of a government that belittles its opponents and detractors while operating in total secrecy?

You approve of a government that believes it has the right to invade our privacy without cause?

You're okay that our government has usurped the power to deprive you of your right to answer charges brought against you?

You approve of torture?

Of course you know I could go on but knowing you the way I do, I'm sure this getting quite boring for you.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Damn. Where do you live?

Brock
08-08-2007, 09:44 PM
You sound like a Ron Paul supporter. Have you examined him at all?

I like Ron Paul.

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow... so much tinfoil concentrated in one small area. At this rate I fear I will lack the necessary materials to cook a potato on the grill by the end of summer.
Didn't you know cooking with tin foil is toxic? :D

Logical
08-08-2007, 09:47 PM
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Damn. Where do you live?He lives in the US and though he exaggerates slightly for now, if martial law is declared, everything he stated as things you don't approve of would happen.

So be alert.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
He lives in the US and though he exaggerates slightly for now, if martial law is declared, everything he stated as things you don't approve of would happen.

So be alert.

Wake me up when it happens.

Logical
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Wake me up when it happens.

Fortunately I probably won't have to, I think you will know when it occurs. The curfew will be a clue.

keg in kc
08-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Wake me up when it happens.Ahh, the 'head in sand" technique, which eventually becomes the "oh shit. better late than never" dance.

It's worked so well for us in the past.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 10:05 PM
(makes Three Stooges snoring noises)...

Adept Havelock
08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
(makes Three Stooges snoring noises)...

Based on the response to 9/11, what do you think the governments reaction to the detonation of a nuclear weapon (lets say a small one...15 kt, about the size of Little Boy and Fat Man) in the middle of a major metropolitan area would be?

If we got the half-baked power grab known as the Patriot Act from 9/11, what do you suppose would follow an attack of that magnitude?

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Based on the response to 9/11, what do you think the governments reaction to the detonation of a nuclear weapon (lets say a small one...15 kt, about the size of Little Boy and Fat Man) in the middle of a major metropolitan area would be?

I don't even have a guess.

Adept Havelock
08-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I don't even have a guess.

Yet you belittle and abuse the considered opinion of others, when you can't be bothered to form one of your own.

ClevelandBronco
08-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Yet you belittle and abuse the considered opinion of others, when you can't be bothered to form one of your own.

GFY. ;)

So you went to the trouble of forming an opinion, did you? GFY. That doesn't mean I'll respect it.

alnorth
08-08-2007, 10:23 PM

Why should we hazard a guess when your nuclear scenario is so rediculously unlikely?

BucEyedPea
08-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Why should we hazard a guess when your nuclear scenario is so rediculously unlikely?
I think that question should be asked of the Republican leaders, since their the ones promoting this idea. This is what some of the pro-war right keep bringing up on this board too.

Logical
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Why should we hazard a guess when your nuclear scenario is so rediculously unlikely?Why is it ridiculously unlikely?

listopencil
08-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Vote Libertarian.

Fishpicker
08-08-2007, 11:45 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6r9neE89Fg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6r9neE89Fg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nov. 5, 2003.
the infamous goose creek raid. there is no need to treat Iraqis better so long as we treat brown children, in the US, just as bad.

*200+ H.S. students searched (by dog, man, & X-ray) there were ZERO drugs found in this raid.

***the weapons aimed at student's faces are Live. God help you, should your balls itch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Gun-toting police burst into a South Carolina high school, ordering students to lie down in hall ways as they searched for drugs. The commando-style raid has parents questioning the wisdom of police tactics.

The raid occurred Wednesday at Stratford High School in Goose Creek, S.C. Surveillance video obtained by CBS Affiliate WCSC in Charleston shows the police waving their guns and searching lockers as students lie flat on their stomachs or sides.

The school's principal defends the dramatic sweep, caught on the school's surveillance tape. Police came into the school with guns at the ready, ordered all students to lie on the floor and then handcuffed anyone who apparently didn't comply quickly enough.

"We received reports from staff members and students that there was a lot of drug activity. Recently we busted a student for having over 300 plus prescription pills. The volume and the amount of marijuana coming into the school is unacceptable," said principal George McCrackin.

Police didn't find any criminals in the armed sweep, but they say K-9 dogs smelled drugs on a dozen backpacks. Goose Creek police and school administrators defend the draconian measures as necessary for crime prevention.

The parents of some students who were subjected to the sweep disagree.

"I was just upset knowing they had guns put to their head and a K9 was barking at them and about to bite somebody. It was awful," parent Latonia Simmons told WCSC.

The Post And Courier newspaper in Charleston reports the high school is one of the largest in the state with 2,760 students. It has an academic reputation as one of the Lowcountry's best.

The paper quoted Lt. Dave Aarons of the Goose Creek Police Department as saying that the suspected drug dealers appeared to be knowledgeable about where the school surveillance cameras were. He said he watched school surveillance tapes from four days that showed students congregating under cameras, periodically walking into a bathroom with different students and coming out moments later.

"They know where the cameras are. If they stand directly under them, the camera's don't look directly down,'' Aarons told the paper.
-----------------

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnou5zG2B4A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnou5zG2B4A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the NYPD does not owe you anything. this machine-gun is "meant to intimidate you."
-----------------

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7yvft9IC48"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7yvft9IC48" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

you dont have the right to protest blatant law-breakers.

Hog Farmer
08-09-2007, 07:21 AM

OBL stated in one of his videos that it is the DUTY of the Holy Warriors to acquire nuclear weapons. Why do people not understand that this is not just some bullshit cartoon. If a nuclear device is detonated then the acting president will have no choice but to declare martial law. Thus the terrorists have accomplished what they wanted all along to take away our freedom.

Hog Farmer
08-09-2007, 07:24 AM
For those of you that aren't clear on what Martial Law is all about ,here is a guide. http://members.tripod.com/~Sidlinger/ml.html

Cochise
08-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Nov. 5, 2003.
the infamous goose creek raid. there is no need to treat Iraqis better so long as we treat brown children, in the US, just as bad.

*200+ H.S. students searched (by dog, man, & X-ray) there were ZERO drugs found in this raid.

***the weapons aimed at student's faces are Live. God help you, should your balls itch.
Gun-toting police burst into a South Carolina high school, ordering students to lie down in hall ways as they searched for drugs. The commando-style raid has parents questioning the wisdom of police tactics.

The raid occurred Wednesday at Stratford High School in Goose Creek, S.C. Surveillance video obtained by CBS Affiliate WCSC in Charleston shows the police waving their guns and searching lockers as students lie flat on their stomachs or sides.

The school's principal defends the dramatic sweep, caught on the school's surveillance tape. Police came into the school with guns at the ready, ordered all students to lie on the floor and then handcuffed anyone who apparently didn't comply quickly enough.

"We received reports from staff members and students that there was a lot of drug activity. Recently we busted a student for having over 300 plus prescription pills. The volume and the amount of marijuana coming into the school is unacceptable," said principal George McCrackin.

Police didn't find any criminals in the armed sweep, but they say K-9 dogs smelled drugs on a dozen backpacks. Goose Creek police and school administrators defend the draconian measures as necessary for crime prevention.

"I was just upset knowing they had guns put to their head and a K9 was barking at them and about to bite somebody. It was awful," parent Latonia Simmons told WCSC.

The Post And Courier newspaper in Charleston reports the high school is one of the largest in the state with 2,760 students. It has an academic reputation as one of the Lowcountry's best.

The paper quoted Lt. Dave Aarons of the Goose Creek Police Department as saying that the suspected drug dealers appeared to be knowledgeable about where the school surveillance cameras were. He said he watched school surveillance tapes from four days that showed students congregating under cameras, periodically walking into a bathroom with different students and coming out moments later.

"They know where the cameras are. If they stand directly under them, the camera's don't look directly down,'' Aarons told the paper.
-----------------

WTF does this have to do with Bush being de debbil?

Cochise
08-09-2007, 07:46 AM
OBL stated in one of his videos that it is the DUTY of the Holy Warriors to acquire nuclear weapons. Why do people not understand that this is not just some bullshit cartoon. If a nuclear device is detonated then the acting president will have no choice but to declare martial law. Thus the terrorists have accomplished what they wanted all along to take away our freedom.

So you think that a nuclear detonation would just eradicate our form of government permanently? Jeez. Where did I put those tinfoil hat jpgs...

For those of you that aren't clear on what Martial Law is all about ,here is a guide. http://members.tripod.com/~Sidlinger/ml.html

That looks like a credible source to me... LMAO

StcChief
08-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Vote Libertarian.
as if that would stop a Nuke. :rolleyes:

Hog Farmer
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
So you think that a nuclear detonation would just eradicate our form of government permanently? Jeez. Where did I put those tinfoil hat jpgs...

That looks like a credible source to me... LMAO

Permanently. No. Temporarily. Yes.

If you know more about martial law than what the source states then lets hear it, because I don't.

Keep your head in the sand buddy!

Cochise
08-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Permanently. No. Temporarily. Yes.

That's the point of it, that it's temporary.

It was used in New Orleans by the mayor after Katrina. (edit, state of emergency, but basically the same thing) Did you watch the news when the whole Katrina thing happened? There were curfews instituted, military personnel were performing peacekeeping duties in the streets. So what egregious breach of governmental propriety occurred in that instance?

Hog Farmer
08-09-2007, 08:49 AM
That's the point of it, that it's temporary.

It was used in New Orleans by the mayor after Katrina. (edit, state of emergency, but basically the same thing) Did you watch the news when the whole Katrina thing happened? There were curfews instituted, military personnel were performing peacekeeping duties in the streets. So what egregious breach of governmental propriety occurred in that instance?

I don't know because I don't know what the word egregious means.

Cochise
08-09-2007, 08:58 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/egregious%20

Hog Farmer
08-09-2007, 09:10 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/egregious%20

Oh, now I understand. No it doesn't seem as though the government over used martial law in that instance. But I beleive that when a terrorist strike happens in a major way that it may effect the whole country. Lets just say they set off a nuke in LA and in houston and washington simultaneously. Will it then be assumed that the terrorists have infiltrated the entire US and that EVERY single person will have to be checked out. The only way to accomplish this would be martial law. I don't know the answer, just thinking.

StcChief
08-09-2007, 09:18 AM
The should be focusing on cities that have the splitter pulling traffic off phone switches/internet

Now that old hippie leaked all this info on what's happening where for the sake of spying and boundaries.... http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/homefront/interviews/klein.html

Al Queda would myrter him for the info/ cut off his head.

Cochise
08-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh, now I understand. No it doesn't seem as though the government over used martial law in that instance. But I beleive that when a terrorist strike happens in a major way that it may effect the whole country. Lets just say they set off a nuke in LA and in houston and washington simultaneously. Will it then be assumed that the terrorists have infiltrated the entire US and that EVERY single person will have to be checked out. The only way to accomplish this would be martial law. I don't know the answer, just thinking.

If that happened, I wouldn't have any problem with them imposing curfews and doing what they needed to do in the short term to combat any more attacks that might be incoming.

Protecting people's civil rights should be the aim of government, but we as citizens ought to be willing to bear a little inconvenience in times like those.

I mean, if you talked to some people, they'd tell you that even if the government knew there was someone about to set off a bomb in downtown KC, the cops shouldn't be allowed to stop people downtown to inspect them. Even if we knew for a fact an attack was imminent and say the person was middle eastern. I mean, do we really want to write history to say "Well, a couple of thousand people died, but at least we didn't racially profile anyone in the minutes leading up to it."

Ought the police stop people on the highway on any old day just because they are middle eastern or some other race? Of course not. But when the situation is extraordinary we have to make sure the government isn't handcuffed. If there were looting and robbery and people getting slaughtered in the streets, and the police didn't have the power to do anything about it, should we just let Kansas City turn into Mogadishu just so we can say "Well, hundreds of people died, billions of damage was done, but at least we didn't have martial law for a couple of days."

BucEyedPea
08-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Vote Libertarian.
Vote Ron Paul!

I know you posted Paul lost your vote due to his op-ed on Christmas being taken out of public areas or that there's a hard wall between the state and such things. But you also said you'd vote for the dead corpse of RR, when his views were the exact same as Paul's on this subject. Come on listo...there's no difference and you're not going to be told how to live. Or do you want Christmas removed as a national holiday because it has the word "Christ" in it?

BIG_DADDY
08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6r9neE89Fg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6r9neE89Fg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nov. 5, 2003.

-----------------

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnou5zG2B4A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnou5zG2B4A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the NYPD does not owe you anything. this machine-gun is "meant to intimidate you."
-----------------

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7yvft9IC48"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E7yvft9IC48" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Holy shit. Welcome to America the land of the ............oh nevermind.

I would pull my kid out of that school immediately.

Cochise
08-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Vote Ron Paul!

I know you posted Paul lost your vote due to his op-ed on Christmas being taken out of public areas or that there's a hard wall between the state and such things. But you also said you'd vote for the dead corpse of RR, when his views were the exact same as Paul's on this subject. Come on listo...there's no difference and you're not going to be told how to live. Or do you want Christmas removed as a national holiday because it has the word "Christ" in it?

What was this Christmas business?

BucEyedPea
08-09-2007, 11:31 AM
What was this Christmas business?
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4086528&highlight=Paul+Christmas#post4086528

Cochise
08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4086528&highlight=Paul+Christmas#post4086528

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Foundersí political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal governmentís hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life.

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nationís history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the peopleís allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nationís Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war.

Nice. If I didn't think his ideas about Iraq represented a major mistake we would end up paying for down the road I might be able to support him.

memyselfI
08-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Yep. I remember saying in 2001 that with that act we had more to fear from our own government than we did from any possible terrorists...

Why, because our goverment impacts our lives on a daily basis while the chances of being in a terrorist attack are less than being struck by lightning. Yet, how much resources have we wasted, people killed, and rights forfeited in the order to feel 'safe' from those elusive terrorists?

BIG_DADDY
08-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Yep. I remember saying in 2001 that with that act we had more to fear from our own government than we did from any possible terrorists...

Why, because our goverment impacts our lives on a daily basis while the chances of being in a terrorist attack are less than being struck by lightning. Yet, how much resources have we wasted, people killed, and rights forfeited in the order to feel 'safe' from those elusive terrorists?

Funny, are you the same dumb gunt that supported Clinton signing the anti-terrorist bill? Fuggin hypocrite.

Fishpicker
08-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Bill Clinton has done way more to enact a police state than W Bush has. Janet Reno was responsible for Ruby ridge and Waco.