PDA

View Full Version : Fox News: Iraq is safer... no, really.

jAZ
08-12-2007, 11:16 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZdWG-0Ue_E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZdWG-0Ue_E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

chiefforlife
08-12-2007, 11:24 AM
So as long as the soldiers out number the civilians 5 to 1, allow no vehicles anywhere near the place and patrol it 24 hours a day, its a great place to go shopping... ahhhhh, progress.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Safer for who?

Taco John
08-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I watched a Fox propaganda piece last night. It was called something along the lines of "Iraq Surge: Victory or Retreat," as if those were the choices.

HolmeZz
08-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I watched a Fox propaganda piece last night. It was called something along the lines of "Iraq Surge: Victory or Retreat," as if those were the choices.

They have to dumb down complex stuff for their audience, even if they're inaccurate in doing so.

BigMeatballDave
08-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't get it. Why piss and moan about FOX news? If their coverage is poor and misleading, why watch it? Seriously? Stop watching it, unless it has entertainment value for you. I just do not see the point in bitching about it. I quit watching FOX, CNN, and MSNBC.

BigMeatballDave
08-12-2007, 11:55 AM
They have to dumb down complex stuff for their audience, even if they're inaccurate in doing so.They do that for your benefit...
:)

go bowe
08-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I don't get it. Why piss and moan about FOX news? If their coverage is poor and misleading, why watch it? Seriously? Stop watching it, unless it has entertainment value for you. I just do not see the point in bitching about it. I quit watching FOX, CNN, and MSNBC.i'll have you know that pissing and moaning is our constitutional right...

besides, without it, this place would become real boring, real fast...

and if you don't watch fox, cnn or msnbc, who do you watch to get the news?

are you an alien? [an outer space alien, not an illegal immingrant]

seriously, what's left? carrier pigeons?

HolmeZz
08-12-2007, 12:28 PM
They do that for your benefit...
:)

That was nice of them, but I'm not two years old. I can grasp that the war isn't "victory or retreat".

StcChief
08-12-2007, 01:14 PM
but if it's safer that has to really damage all the anti-war crowd....

Let the General run the show and see what happens.

HolmeZz
08-12-2007, 01:19 PM
It's completely safe. All you need is full body armor and an army convoy and you too can make a trip down to the corner market.

StcChief
08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
It's completely safe. All you need is full body armor and an army convoy and you too can make a trip down to the corner market.
US forces should just pull out (what your dad should have done) and see if get's safer. :rolleyes:

HolmeZz
08-12-2007, 01:30 PM
US forces should just pull out (what your dad should have done) and see if get's safer. :rolleyes:

Jokes are hilarious when you have to set them up yourself.

Adept Havelock
08-12-2007, 01:38 PM

It will for the US troops, which as a US citizen are my primary concern.

The Iraqis have had several years to take ownership of their security. They can't be bothered, as evidenced by the number of reliable security forces and troops they put in the field.

Fugg 'em.

Jokes are hilarious when you have to set them up yourself.

IMO, nothing is funny about the joke of using the US military in an exercise in Nation Building.

banyon
08-12-2007, 01:47 PM
It will for the US troops, which as a US citizen are my primary concern.

The Iraqis have had several years to take ownership of their security. They can't be bothered, as evidenced by the number of reliable security forces and troops they put in the field.

Fugg 'em.

IMO, nothing is funny about the joke of using the US military in an exercise in Nation Building.

Nope. StcChief is now concerned about the fates of ordinary Iraqi's because O' Reilly, Limbaugh or some other blowhard told him to be.

Of course the Sudanese, East Timoreans or anybody even worse off than the Iraqis can go f*** themselves because they're not on Fox news.

StcChief
08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Nope. StcChief is now concerned about the fates of ordinary Iraqi's because O' Reilly, Limbaugh or some other blowhard told him to be.

Of course the Sudanese, East Timoreans or anybody even worse off than the Iraqis can go f*** themselves because they're not on Fox news.Wrong again. I Don't listen to OReilly/Limbaugh etc.

Fact is getting I'm pissed Iraq has not stepped up faster....taking control of their own country (something they aren't use to doing) after being dominated for their entire existence.

I guess if we continue to take the lead in rooting out terrorists cells for them they are complacent .
The other areas outside Baghdad are figuring out that making deals with AQ isn't in their best interests and start fighting them....

maybe at trend that will spread. We can hope. Cut and run now would be a complete disaster that we would be accountable for to the World. And have to go back and fix later, in a lead or support role.

We are between a Rock and hard place.

BucEyedPea
08-12-2007, 05:26 PM

Yup! And it's fair n' square to blame Bush/Cheney & Cons for being between that rock and hard place. It removed the buffer between Iran and the broader ME too.

StcChief
08-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Yup! And it's fair n' square to blame Bush/Cheney & Cons for being between that rock and hard place. It removed the buffer between Iran and the broader ME too.

Plenty of Blame to go around.... Rummy and the original generals, Brimer,
cast of decisions by all. Is the world better off without Saddam and henchmen?

Iraq will stand up or fall down as a democracy. I want a chance for it to stand. Don't have dems defund and force a pull out like Vietnam

BucEyedPea
08-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Is the world better off without Saddam and henchmen? No it isn't better off. SH's Iraq was the buffer between Iran and the broader ME and could turn into a regional conflict....and now we have hundreds of Saddams running around Iraq.

So what about the next SH of the world? There will be plenty more, not just here. Maliki is behind the Shiite Death Squads killing Sunni's and they're more of a problem. It didn't solve anything but made things worse.

And even if we make it a democracy aka puppet govt, whose to say there could not be a coup later by someone who doesn't like us.

Most of all what does the world being better off have to do with America?
Are you a One Worlder? Do you believe in fixing the internal affairs of other countries, aka social engineering until we achieve a global utopia. I don't. It just is not worth it.

banyon
08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Wrong again. I Don't listen to OReilly/Limbaugh etc.

Fact is getting I'm pissed Iraq has not stepped up faster....taking control of their own country (something they aren't use to doing) after being dominated for their entire existence.

I guess if we continue to take the lead in rooting out terrorists cells for them they are complacent .
The other areas outside Baghdad are figuring out that making deals with AQ isn't in their best interests and start fighting them....

maybe at trend that will spread. We can hope. Cut and run now would be a complete disaster that we would be accountable for to the World. And have to go back and fix later, in a lead or support role.

Right, accountable to the World? (in caps no less) Kind of like the deaths in Cambodia that followed our Vietnam exit? Other world powers are always blaming us for that and holding it over us. Oh, wait no they don't.

I believe in numbers, and the numerical trends all say this has been a complete clusterf*** that is only getting worse.